***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

938,323 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
AGHouston11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When Barbara Lee taught her children there are consequences for those that break the law did she also teach them the exceptions like Jesse Smollet?
AGHouston11
FDT 1999
AG
How is this DWS criminal cu** allowed to serve?
AGHouston11
AG
Debbie Wassermanshultz fired from the DNC in the Congress now is also classic.
aggiehawg
AG
Only half paying attention here (early signing day after all) but why are the Republicans reserving their time and letting the Dems go over and over again?
titan
S
aggiehawg said:

Only half paying attention here (early signing day after all) but why are the Republicans reserving their time and letting the Dems go over and over again?
That sounds like a strategy. Maybe they can combine time or something.
The Fall Guy
AG
When is the dang voting!!
who?mikejones
AG
Do reps know what undisputed means?
jja79
AG
The Dems have done an incredible job of solidifying support for Trump among Reps and Independents. Meanwhile the Dow is over 28,000 and WTI moved above $61/bbl today. MAGA.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
who?mikejones said:

Do reps know what undisputed means?
They know exactly what it means. And they hope by standing before you, telling you repeatedly that its undisputed that they're NOT standing before you, you'll eventually believe them despite the truth.
AGHouston11
AG
Your good friends don't conduct a coup !!!!
Quit with the cordial formalities !!!
EKUAg
AG
Democratic Party = CPUSA.
aggiehawg
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Decorum rules of the House. As opposed to the free for all that is the British Parliament.
who?mikejones
AG
Congrats dems for impeaching a president based on basically the telephone game
brownbrick
AG
My brother was still a never trumper libertarian voter as of 2 months ago. Now he is now considering Trump based on the actions of democrats alone. I think the results of the FISA court have also really pissed him off.

He likes Trumps picks for Judges and weakening of the bureaucracy which have also helped a lot.
Rapier108
aggiehawg said:

AGHouston11 said:

Decorum rules of the House. As opposed to the free for all that is the British Parliament.
I like the parliament in Taiwan and South Korea. They have all out brawls on the floor.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I see Mike Pence is now trending and the twitter blurb says "Adam Schiff Nails Mike Pence With New Evidence in Ukraine Scheme". These losers really do believe they'll get a President Pelosi don't they.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/12/17/adam-schiff-mike-pence-ukraine.html

aggiehawg
AG
This is about the best summation of the situation I have seen yet.

Quote:

The House could have held off on impeaching Presdient Trump while seeking these forms of evidence in court. However, House Democrats were in a hurry.
The Senate Democrats mantra can be summed up in a comment by Chuck Schumer. He said:"To engage in a trial without the facts coming out is to engage in a cover-up."
This statement can be turned around as follows: "To impeach a president before the facts have come out is a disgrace."
LINK
4stringAg
AG
hawg, what are your thoughts on where this is going? You think there is anything to the House voting to impeach on these two articles and then not sending to the Senate?

None of the polls are going the Dems way on impeachment. They've not been successful in swaying any Republican support to have a bipartisan effort. I just can't see Pelosi wanting to extend this charade any further as she has to know its killing her party.

1872walker
I'd use a stronger word than "disgrace". At a minimum it's an abuse of their Constitutionally granted authority. Regardless. It's a very dark day for our Republic. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Guess I hit the wrong emoji. This is certainly a somber matter and not one I'm trying to make light of.
fasthorse05
aggiehawg said:

This is about the best summation of the situation I have seen yet.

Quote:

The House could have held off on impeaching Presdient Trump while seeking these forms of evidence in court. However, House Democrats were in a hurry.
The Senate Democrats mantra can be summed up in a comment by Chuck Schumer. He said:"To engage in a trial without the facts coming out is to engage in a cover-up."
This statement can be turned around as follows: "To impeach a president before the facts have come out is a disgrace."
LINK
Yeppers, I read that this morning.

I LOL'd at your National Signing Day comment and having concentration issues. It's really hell trying to be a productive employee at this semi-retirement job.
aggiehawg
AG
McConnell has thrown up the biggest STOP sign he can to Pelosi but think she's too far down the road now. McConnell has laid down the gauntlet and made a persuasive case for a motion to dismiss.
titan
S
johnnyblaze36 said:

I see Mike Pence is now trending and the twitter blurb says "Adam Schiff Nails Mike Pence With New Evidence in Ukraine Scheme". These losers really do believe they'll get a President Pelosi don't they.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/12/17/adam-schiff-mike-pence-ukraine.html

Trump/Pence could dodge it by resigning and appointing a replacement first.

But if they somehow impose such a farce as putting her in power through some never relenting abuse of powe, somehow in some nightmare world do so, then really hope a few states detach.
Rapier108
titan said:

But if they somehow impose such a farce as putting her in power through some never relenting abuse of powe, somehow in some nightmare world do so, then really hope a few states detach.
The House would never approve a replacement if they thought they could remove both of them from office.
titan
S
Rapier108 said:

titan said:

The House would never approve a replacement if they thought they could remove both of them from office.
In which case back to the other scenario. I think these 2nd A region votes in VA are signs that it would be in play.

Incidentally, recall the Democrats and some media heads at times had already telegraphed their intention to try to frame Vice President Pence right after Trump. Its why NeverTrumpers and fake moderates calls to `what is wrong with President Pence?" miss the point entirely --none of this is legit, and Pence would not be worked with either.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Zelensky and his ministers said no pressure whatsoever. What don't you get about that?

Privately they complained about the pressure. He was sitting next to Trump at a press conference and gave a diplomatic answer. Like when Trump says Kim Jong Un is a great guy, he doesn't really believe it. He cannot piss Trump off under any circumstances. What don't you get about that?

They felt the pressure, which was relayed through corroborating messages and first hand testimony during the house hearings. For instance:

Quote:

Volker: Good lunch - thanks. Heard from White Houseassuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / "get to the bottom of what happened" in 2016, we will nail down date for visit to Washington. Good luck! See you tomorrow- kurt

[8/10/19, 4:56:15 PM] Andrey Yermak: Hi Kurt. Please let me know when you can talk. I think it's possible to make this declaration and mention all these things. Which we discussed yesterday. But it will be logic to do after we receive a confirmation of date.

-Zelensky understood even just a WH visit was conditional-

Kurt Volker to Rudy Giuliani: Hi Mr Mayor! Had a good chat with Yermak last night. He was pleased with your phone call. Mentioned Z making a statement. Can we all get on the phone to make sure I advise Z correctly as to what he should be saying?

Senator Chris Murphy: "President Zelensky said he understood, and represented to us that he had no desire to interfere in a US election. I interpreted Zelensky's answer to my question as a concession of the premise of my question-that he was receiving improper overtures from Giuliani to interfere in the 2020 election."

Yermak asked at least a half dozen times when they could schedule the WH visit. He was told it wouldn't happen until they "do the investigations" this was witnessed first hand by Hill. Simply dishonest and absurd to suggest they weren't pressured at this point.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Why would Zelensky lie?
FTAG 2000
AG
Troutslime said:

Why would Zelensky lie?
Bribed by Trump with money he got from Putin, obviously.
Gary Johnson
Troutslime said:

Why would Zelensky lie?

White diplomatic lie. He cannot piss off Trump under any circumstances. Why would Trump call rocket man "a great guy"? Diplomacy.

Private messages prove they understood the pressure.
aggiehawg
AG
AG 2000' said:

Troutslime said:

Why would Zelensky lie?
Bribed by Trump with money he got from Putin, obviously.
Was that before or after Trump extorted Zelensky with the same bribe?
backintexas2013
AG
When is Trump going to be removed?
BrokeAssAggie
backintexas2013 said:

Enviroag02
AG
In my mind, what Trump did or didn't do does not even matter. Impeachment is required to be a bipartisan exercise. It is clear this is not, in fact some Democrats have expressed they would not vote for impeachment. That alone to me is enough to dismiss.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Troutslime said:

Why would Zelensky lie?

White diplomatic lie. He cannot piss off Trump under any circumstances. Why would Trump call rocket man "a great guy"? Diplomacy.

Private messages prove they understood the pressure.

He calls him " great guy" because he wants something from him.

Why can't he piss off Trump?
Rockdoc
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Gary's already lost this narrative and he doesn't even know it. Classic!
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.