***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

945,811 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Bird93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gary is talking to himself again.
fasthorse05
Yeah, I know. I was going to say "probable", or even "guaranteed", but I don't have proof, just really, really, strong suspicions based on repeated behavior over an eight year length of time, and through multiple incidents.

I'm sure I'm hypocritical enough in life, I just try use the self-awareness I was given.

BTW, I had a LOT of good friends who lived in Puryear (saw your sig).
Zemira
AG
Bird93 said:

Gary is talking to himself again.
I was about to say he got himself a sock to talk with on the board.
PA24
AG
Today is demo day
thirdcoast
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B6LlXZzAZXk
captkirk
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Kyle is a dip****
who?mikejones
AG
If congress doesnt use all the tools in their bag to conduct an investigation, how can they claim they are being obstructed?

captkirk
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Still nothing illegal, she serves at the president's leisure

Nobody's saying it's illegal, it's evidence of the pressure scheme. Casing a joint before you rob it isn't illegal, but it will be held against you.
Zelensky and his ministers said no pressure whatsoever. What don't you get about that?
1872walker
who?mikejones said:

If congress doesnt use all the tools in their bag to conduct an investigation, how can they claim they are being obstructed?

Because they know the media will just push their talking points rather than investigate, question and report facts. You know, what a journalist is supposed to do.
Ag with kids
AG
captkirk said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Nobody's saying it's illegal, it's evidence of the pressure scheme. Casing a joint before you rob it isn't illegal, but it will be held against you.
Zelensky and his ministers said no pressure whatsoever. What don't you get about that?
Yeah, but that's FIRSTHAND information. We all know you can't trust that. You can only trust SECOND/THIRD/FOURTH HAND information and hearsay.
stetson
AG
Ag with kids said:

captkirk said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Yeah, but that's FIRSTHAND information. We all know you can't trust that. You can only trust SECOND/THIRD/FOURTH HAND information and hearsay.
Yes, what matters is that a democrat operative was told by a decorated war hero that he felt that Trump pressured the Ukrainian leader to launch an investigation and presumed that it was understood that military aide would be withheld until such an investigation was announced.
who?mikejones
AG
NPR is especially biased today, even for them
FriscoKid
AG
I hope Nancy said her prayers this morning. I hope she asked for forgiveness because she needs a lot of it. She is like the high priest that has riled up the crowd to take down an innocent man. She's a disgusting and power hungry evil woman.

No, I'm not making any comparison to Trump being Jesus. But, that old hag would free barabas if he helped her win An election. She wraps herself in the constitution that she cares nothing about. She is garbage and her party is garbage and they should both be removed from power next November.

So today, the 3 year long impeachment quest will be over. Congrats libs.
BuddysBud
AG
The impeachment quest will not be over. The Dims are already talking about more investigations. They seem to be obsessed with investigating until the Democrat Party no longer exists.
aggiehawg
AG
BuddysBud said:

The impeachment quest will not be over. The Dims are already talking about more investigations. They seem to be obsessed with investigating until the Democrat Party no longer exists.
Impeachment won't be over until the Republicans retake the House.
FriscoKid
AG
Sounds like a good campaign slogan.
hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

What you call "casing a joint" was just looking for a parking spot. No crime was committed!
aggielostinETX
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Fantasy land musta been a fun place.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
hbtheduce
AG
aggiearcher06 said:

Hey I've been gone a while just checking in! So how have the facts changed recently?

1) Biden made his comment in 2018 about withholding funds for the Ukraine (action happened in 2015) until Shokin was fired. Yes, Biden said that. In the full context of what he's speaking about though... our vice president, as a coordinated effort with allies, European diplomats, the International Monetary Fund, and other international organizations withheld aid for a period of time to get an investigator fired because he WAS NOT investigating corruption. There is not an argument to be made that Shokin was a noble force, he needed to be removed. Replacing him with a prosecutor more serious about corruption would have only been bad for Burisma (and hence Hunter Biden).

2) Contrast that with a president that demanded the Ukrainian president announce an investigation into the Biden's (only an announcement mind you, not an actual investigation per Ambassador Sondland) and went through no diplomatic channels only his own personal attorney Rudy Guilliani (who is also under federal investigation as we speak for connections with the Ukraine).

3) And finally, if what Biden did was so corrupt (it was widely known that Hunter Biden had his position with Burisma, and it was widely known that the U.S. withheld aid to Ukraine) then why was there no Republican led opposition to these actions? If I'm not mistaken they had the majority in the House and Senate at this time. Multiple major U.S. papers reported on exactly this issue and the GOP did nothing... until Biden started polling ahead of Trump.

You actually have the elements of a crime in the Biden case. Once he allowed his son to take home MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN COLD HARD CASH, there would always be suspicion around any official action Joe took in Ukraine and China.

Maybe the facts lean toward Biden being innocent, but asking for an investigation with a clear conflict of interest at a corrupt foreign company, have the elements of a bribery (or FARA) charge. This gives Trump plenty of leverage (and cover) to at least ask freaking questions about it.

Also on point 3, THE POLITICAL WILL TO INVESTIGATE A POSSIBLE CRIME IS FREAKING MEANINGLESS. Justice shouldn't rely on the pathetic gutless will of elected politicians. Because they will protect their buddies (and in this case, Romney had his hand in the cookie jar as well). So it doesn't matter what elected politicians did or didn't do, they decided to turn a blind eye. Look at the facts and the official powers of the president.

TexasAggie_02
AG
Obstruction of Congress claim is silly anyways. That's how separation of powers works. Each branch obstructs the others in some way or form.
titan
S
FriscoKid said:

I hope Nancy said her prayers this morning. I hope she asked for forgiveness because she needs a lot of it. She is like the high priest that has riled up the crowd to take down an innocent man. She's a disgusting and power hungry evil woman.

No, I'm not making any comparison to Trump being Jesus. But, that old hag would free barabas if he helped her win An election. She wraps herself in the constitution that she cares nothing about. She is garbage and her party is garbage and they should both be removed from power next November.

So today, the 3 year long impeachment quest will be over. Congrats libs.
That's absolutely true. She certain would. In fact, history may show President Obama's bad start will be because he let Pelosi basically be President from 2009-2010. Certainly recall most of the tone was Pelosi's and her NON-transparent putting together of Obamacare. Even the name came a little later, and there was a point where Obama went ahead and `accepted it'. When the Democrats re-nominated her in 2016 despite some momentary noise otherwise, knew this tenure would be nothing but leftist garbage and undermining. She herself confirmed the impeachment drive is 2 1/2 years old so this stuff claimed found now doesn't even matter even if literally true. Its been clear since the late 20th Century that in DC "finding a crime" will be easy, and it can't be the criteria.
backintexas2013
AG
What time is the vote
AGHouston11
AG
aggiehawg said:

BuddysBud said:

Exactly

Trump needs to just frame this that he upset the swamp and they want him gone. Only because the swamp doesn't want to be disrupted.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Interesting to see #MerryImpeachmas and #HappyImpeachmas as the top trends on twitter on such an extremely "sad and solemn" day for our country. I wonder how many times Nancy has already crossed herself this morning.
Rapier108
johnnyblaze36 said:

Interesting to see #MerryImpeachmas and #HappyImpeachmas as the top trends on twitter on such an extremely "sad and solemn" day for our country. I wonder how many times Nancy has already crossed herself this morning.
They're going to be very disappointed when Trump isn't marched out of the White House today in chains.

Most of them think impeachment=removal.
titan
S
johnnyblaze36 said:

Its not the least bit "sad and solemn" --- 9/11 was that.

Its a one-sided farce with no gravitas at all. A pre-ordained plan since 2017.
1872walker
backintexas2013 said:

What time is the vote

Supposedly scheduled for 6:30-7:30 Eastern. But I'm not sure how much that accounts for procedural delays that are expected from Republicans.

And going by their committee hearings, if the vote extends beyond prime time, the Democrats will delay the vote until such time that it allows for better press opportunities.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Rapier108 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

They're going to be very disappointed when Trump isn't marched out of the White House today in chains.

Most of them think impeachment=removal.
Yep. They are actually going to get a basic civics 101 lesson that they never learned in school. Kind of sad but at the same time glorious.
1872walker
Part of me thinks that, but after seeing how petulant they've been over the entire Trump presidency, part of me thinks that they just want to throw their fit and label Trump as being impeached even if it doesn't actually accomplish anything. It makes them feel better about themselves and with their mindset, self validation is one of the biggest accomplishments they can reach.
ClassOf17
1872walker said:

backintexas2013 said:

What time is the vote

Supposedly scheduled for 6:30-7:30 Eastern. But I'm not sure how much that accounts for procedural delays that are expected from Republicans.

And going by their committee hearings, if the vote extends beyond prime time, the Democrats will delay the vote until such time that it allows for better press opportunities.

Clown

Show
AGHouston11
AG
This is nothing more than a coup by the majority party of the house.

I want to see some reaction from the Republicans as such.

Forget all the cordial formalities.
TexAgs91
AG
aggiehawg said:

BuddysBud said:

And then 2 years after that Americans will have amnesia and give the dems the house again.
AGHouston11
AG
1872walker said:

Part of me thinks that, but after seeing how petulant they've been over the entire Trump presidency, part of me thinks that they just want to throw their fit and label Trump as being impeached even if it doesn't actually accomplish anything. It makes them feel better about themselves and with their mindset, self validation is one of the biggest accomplishments they can reach.

If this doesn't work then the next bill will be to create a safe space room to go to.
MouthBQ98
AG
That is framing reality. Should be easy. The powers that be want to eliminate or inhibit a threat to their own schemes and corruptions.
AGHouston11
AG
Joe Kennedy does know about politicians breaking some laws.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.