***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

947,829 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
BanderaAg956
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggiehawg said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

If Biden did nothing wrong, then he wont mind if there is an investigation.

Sure seems like Trump was investigated despite exculpatory evidence. That is what we have been doing for 3 years. Investigating Trump for everything.

Suck it up Dems. Payback is a *****.

If Trump didn't do anything wrong, why has he blocked investigations?
He released the transcript of the call itself. What else is left to investigate?

The predicate for Trump's desired investigation of Biden has a clear political bias, which calls the entire situation into question.

Do you think every future Democrat President should have the power to request a foreign government investigate a political opponent with this much exculpatory evidence in plain view?

Every President has the DUTY to investigate corruption (politicians or military or civilians of US citizens)! Being a corrupt politician isn't an immunity defense! Just like stupidity isn't a defense... therefore, you have no defense!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
aggielostinETX
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggiehawg said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Sure seems like Trump was investigated despite exculpatory evidence. That is what we have been doing for 3 years. Investigating Trump for everything.

He released the transcript of the call itself. What else is left to investigate?

The predicate for Trump's desired investigation of Biden has a clear political bias, which calls the entire situation into question.

Do you think every future Democrat President should have the power to request a foreign government investigate a political opponent with this much exculpatory evidence in plain view?

Objection your honor, statement is opinion, not fact. Witnesses has not been verified as an expert, thus his opinion is worthless.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
BanderaAg956
Silent For Too Long said:

What makes you think the only place malfeasance could have occurred is in regards to Joe getting the prosecutor fired? Joe could have, and probably did, use his position as VP to influence all sorts of things that were in Burisma, and not the US's, best interest. Burisma was paying for something, and you would have to be a brain dead idiot to think it was for a coke head loser who knew nothing about the company.

This is why a legitimate investigation should occur. Why do you think Biden continues to tell obviously lies whenever the subject gets brought up? Are you really so stupid that you think he has nothing to hide? Really?

I'll concede the firing of the prosecutor might be a red herring, but it takes an unfathomable amount ignorance to suggest there was nothing worth investigating there.

Not sure why you quoted me but I agree with you 100%, if truly investigated Biden may be as corrupt as Comey, Obama, Hillary, Holder, and Hoover!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
aggieforester05
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Because they were partisan witch hunts than anyone with a plural brain cell count knew were baseless from day one. They were designed to obstruct his presidency, because liberals are hell bent on destroying the greatest country the world has ever known.

If Biden didn't do anything wrong, why are the Dems impeaching a president over the prospect of Biden being investigated?

Seriously take a step back and take an objective look at the behavior of the Democrats over the last three years. They are despicable human beings with evil intentions.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If Biden didn't do anything wrong, why are the Dems impeaching a president over the prospect of Biden being investigated?
No one can ever answer that question. Including Joe and Hunter Biden.
Bird93
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggiehawg said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Do you think the current Republican President should have endured Democrat requests to foreign governments to investigate a political opponent with this much exculpatory evidence in plain view?
Chance Chase McMasters

Maroon Dawn
AG
Opinions =/= legal facts

Especially when the only opinion the MSM allows and pushes 24/7 is guilty no matter what

HTH
BanderaAg956
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

If what the Biden's did has nothing to do with politics then I have a 30 year old I want to get on a foreign board for $83K a month! Where do we sign up! While we are at it let's put the 26 year old on a different board for $50K a month!

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

To this, the central charge in the articles of impeachment, Rep. Jim Jordan and others presented four specific facts. First, both Trump and Zelensky say there was no pressure applied. Second, the transcript does not indicate Trump making any demands or setting any conditions. Third, Ukraine was not aware that the aid was delayed. And fourth, aid flowed without any announcement of investigations. Taken together, these four defenses have more than enough weight to crush the Democrats' case, but lets look at them one by one.

Quote:

The fact that Zelensky says on the record that he did not feel pressure from Trump is an important one that has been widely ignored. As Rep. Matt Gaetz argued, there can't be a shake down if the person being shook down has no idea its happening. Unless Zelensky is lying, the entire case against Trump just disappears.

Quote:

As to the transcript itself, the GOP members honed in on the fact the "favor" in the conversation was not a "a favor for me," but a "favor for us." And later the "us" is clarified as "our country." This also strikes at the core of a case that depends upon the claim that Trump's only interest in Ukraine policy was getting dirt on Joe Biden to help himself politically.

When Trump says, after asking Zelensky to investigate Ukrainian interference in 2016, "our country has been through a lot." He means the Mueller probe, and he's not wrong. How much evidence or information about Russian interference exists in Ukraine is up for debate, but the fact that it is a legitimate subject of interest for the President is not.

Quote:

One of the few facts in all of this where there is some debate is when exactly Ukraine became aware that the military aid had been delayed. But all versions place it very late in the timeline of events, certainly long after the July 25 phone call with Zelensky. That's like trying to blackmail someone with scandalous photos of them without letting them know you have any scandalous photos of them. It's impossible.

Quote:

The delay of the aid was part of a wider set of concerns regarding how much Ukraine could be trusted with the money. Throughout the late summer and fall, through a set of meetings and phone calls with American officials Zelensky proved to Trump that he could be trusted. That is what Trump wanted to know and why he released the aid without any announcement of investigations.

And that final fact, that the aid was released without the announcements Democrats claim were the condition to release them, really puts the period on the sentence. Democrats claim the aid was only released on September 11 because the White House became aware of the whistleblower report. But this ignores the fact the aid had to release by September 30, and doing so is a two-week process.

Quote:

So essentially, aid was released on or about the deadline set to release it. That is a much more plausible explanation for the timing than some whistleblower report spooking Trump. Is it possible Trump was angry at yet again being undermined by people in the federal government for exercising his legitimate powers? Sure. But there is no evidence to suggest that Trump was ever planning to ultimately kill the aid.
LINK
Rapier108
Fox News polls are trash, pure and simple.
aggieforester05
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggiehawg said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

This is an opinion and a highly partisan opinion at that. There is no evidence confirming or denying his intent to initiate the investigation. It could have been to influence the election or it could be to carry out his duty to investigate corruption. It's impossible to prove one way or another and we have this little thing in America called "innocent until proven guilty". If you can't prove the intent was to break a law instead of carrying out a legal duty, then you have no case. Democrats apparently do not have enough brains cells to figure out the most basic of legal concepts.

The Democrats have been doing this since before Trump was elected and I have zero doubt that Obama did many dirty deals with foreign leaders, but since we can't prove it, he wasn't impeached. If you believe he was clean, then you are extremely gullible for lapping up the DNC state media propaganda. I also have zero doubt that if a Democrat were to do in the future what you've accused Trump of doing, there would be zero consequences, because the complicit media that you support refuses to hold one side accountable for their actions. Liberal support of the DNC propaganda machine has given corrupt Democrats the opportunity to act with impunity, which is an absolutely terrible predicament for this country, regardless of your politics. Until you can admit that the media bias is destroying this country, no one on the right will take your opinion seriously.
aggieforester05
AG
drevans956 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

If what the Biden's did has nothing to do with politics then I have a 30 year old I want to get on a foreign board for $83K a month! Where do we sign up! While we are at it let's put the 26 year old on a different board for $50K a month!
It's amazing how the concerned moderates keep ignoring and deflecting on this topic. Nobody is stupid enough to believe this is above the board. I guess they're just liars.
Maroon Dawn
AG
The whole point of this is to ignore and deflect from Biden's corruption which leads to lots of Dem corruption
aggielostinETX
AG
Chance Chase McMasters said:

LOCK HIM UP!!

So polling people who are reciting what the media is saying but have no true idea what that means?

AggieKatie2 said:
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So polling people who are reciting what the media is saying but have no true idea what that means?
Also reinforces the focus group that told the Dems quid pro quo wasn't working well but bribery played better.

Only when it came to actually drafting the articles of impeachment, there is no mention of bribery.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Yup

Those articles are the most vague, throw something up against the wall charges ever and one of them seems to rely entirely on the fact that most people don't know what Executive Privilege is because otherwise it's complete garbage trying to say that Trump isn't allowed to use Executive Privilege because we don't like him very much
captkirk
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. He's been investigated non-stop for three years
aggiehawg
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Yup

Those articles are the most vague, throw something up against the wall charges ever and one of them seems to rely entirely on the fact that most people don't know what Executive Privilege is because otherwise it's complete garbage trying to say that Trump isn't allowed to use Executive Privilege because we don't like him very much
I am also wondering how the Dems plan to downplay the DOJ Office of Legal Counsel's opinions and instructions to Trump's White House and other Cabinet level entities. Perry didn't testify because DOE lawyers told him not to. OLC told DOE they were on solid ground.
Maroon Dawn
AG
As I said, this is all predicated on your average Joe not understanding how our government works

It's a show so they can scream "See we've PROVEN he's guilty but those colluding GOP Senators just let him off the hook!"

All while knowing the MSM will cover for them and not ever question the Narrative or its lack of supporting evidence (IE do their jobs)
captkirk
AG
captkirk
AG

Quote:

On Sunday's broadcast of ABC's "This Week," Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) declared that the impeachment of President Donald Trump was "not a punishment for past behavior."

Nadler said, "I don't think so. The polling shows that about 70% of the American people approve of this, but more importantly

Stephanopoulos interjected, "They approve that something is wrong, but not impeachment, though."
Nadler continued, "But more importantly, this is a continuing threat to the integrity of our elections now.

This is not a one-off. Impeachment is not a punishment for past behavior. This president conspired sought foreign interference in the 2016 election. He is openly seeking foreign interference in the 2020 election, and he poses a continuing threat to our national security and to the integrity of our elections, to the democratic system itself. We cannot permit that to continue."
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/12/15/nadler-trump-impeachment-not-a-punishment-for-past-behavior/

Ulysses90
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Wildcat said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Wildcat said:

You are splitting hairs on 1 and you know it. The transcript of the call does not support your position. And what's the point of giving Hunter that position if you aren't going to use the leverage?

Unqualified, connected people are on boards of companies all over the world. John Sharp is on the board of American Momentum Bank.

Yes. Because they have various connections...like a Dad who is a VP and can influence policy.

At the very least it's a COI and then you need to add the old man's boasting.

Certainly a conflict of interest, but when you examine the facts, they don't show that Biden did anything wrong by pressing for the firing of a prosecutor who wasn't investigating corruption.

The facts certainly don't show Trump did wrong by pressing for the investigation of a US official who withheld aid to pressure the firing of a foreign prosecutor with ties to his son. Doesn't hurt to investigate, to get to the bottom of it. Democrats have pursued unending baseless investigations into Trump for political gain. To say Trump didn't have the right to investigate Biden here when there was a legitimate concern is the height of hypocrisy. What do you not understand about that?

How could there be a legitimate concern to investigate if history shows that, for fact, Shokin was fired for NOT investigating corruption, which could not have provided any benefit to Burisma?

If true, then that's what the investigation would uncover. From there position of supporting unending baseless investigations of Trump, what is your problem with Biden being investigated for extremely fishy circumstances to clear his name? Hypocrisy at its best if you support the Trump investigations but not Biden

My problem is setting a precedent where the President could use the power of his office to involve a foreign government in an investigation of a political opponent predicated on a very political bias.

You have a problem with setting a precedent? A precedent of a *foreign* government being asked to investigate US citizens because they happen to be running for political office and it might provide untoward political advantage to a sitting President? You don't say?

How much of a problem is it for you that a sitting President and at least a dozen of his senior staff used the FISA courts to get warrants for political spying? How much of a problem is it that a Democrat presidential candidate paid for a completely fabricated dossier that was fed to the FBI as "intelligence" when in fact everyone from the President to DCI, DNI, AG, and the Director of the FBI knew it was a complete and total fabrication but swore an affidavit that it was not only credble but verified independent? Is it a problem for you that none of those people were prosecuted or impeached?

So it's a problem for you that a foreigner might be asked to conduct an investigation of a US citizen at the behest of the President. Foreigners like an MI6 agent who allowed his asset to be poisoned with Polonium? How about an ambassador from a foreign country being used to try and trick a campaign staffer into falsely stating that he had knowledge of Russian hacking of an opposing candidate? Suppose an FBI asset being paid through a no-compete contract from the DoD Office of Net Assessment was used by a President and his FBI appointees to try and entrap the campaign staffer by urging him in secretly recorded conversations to corroborate false statements that the staffer never heard nor spoke.

Would any of those precedents be a problem for you? Apparently not because all of that happened and you haven't so much as made a peep to condemn it on this forum. All of those precedents that have been substantiated in sworn testimony, recovered text messages, a report of investigation by the IG, and documents released in response to FOIA requests but that's not the problem thats not the problem thatost concerns you about precedents or presidential abuse of power for political gain?

Hogties
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Wildcat said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Wildcat said:

You are splitting hairs on 1 and you know it. The transcript of the call does not support your position. And what's the point of giving Hunter that position if you aren't going to use the leverage?

Unqualified, connected people are on boards of companies all over the world. John Sharp is on the board of American Momentum Bank.

Yes. Because they have various connections...like a Dad who is a VP and can influence policy.

Certainly a conflict of interest, but when you examine the facts, they don't show that Biden did anything wrong by pressing for the firing of a prosecutor who wasn't investigating corruption.

The facts certainly don't show Trump did wrong by pressing for the investigation of a US official who withheld aid to pressure the firing of a foreign prosecutor with ties to his son. Doesn't hurt to investigate, to get to the bottom of it. Democrats have pursued unending baseless investigations into Trump for political gain. To say Trump didn't have the right to investigate Biden here when there was a legitimate concern is the height of hypocrisy. What do you not understand about that?

How could there be a legitimate concern to investigate if history shows that, for fact, Shokin was fired for NOT investigating corruption, which could not have provided any benefit to Burisma?

If true, then that's what the investigation would uncover. From there position of supporting unending baseless investigations of Trump, what is your problem with Biden being investigated for extremely fishy circumstances to clear his name? Hypocrisy at its best if you support the Trump investigations but not Biden

My problem is setting a precedent where the President could use the power of his office to involve a foreign government in an investigation of a political opponent predicated on a very political bias.

You have a problem with setting a precedent? A precedent of a *foreign* government being asked to investigate US citizens because they happen to be running for political office and it might provide untoward political advantage to a sitting President? You don't say?

How much of a problem is it for you that a sitting President and at least a dozen of his senior staff used the FISA courts to get warrants for political spying? How much of a problem is it that a Democrat presidential candidate paid for a completely fabricated dossier that was fed to the FBI as "intelligence" when in fact everyone from the President to DCI, DNI, AG, and the Director of the FBI knew it was a complete and total fabrication but swore an affidavit that it was not only credble but verified independent? Is it a problem for you that none of those people were prosecuted or impeached?

So it's a problem for you that a foreigner might be asked to conduct an investigation of a US citizen at the behest of the President. Foreigners like an MI6 agent who allowed his asset to be poisoned with Polonium? How about an ambassador from a foreign country being used to try and trick a campaign staffer into falsely stating that he had knowledge of Russian hacking of an opposing candidate? Suppose an FBI asset being paid through a no-compete contract from the DoD Office of Net Assessment was used by a President and his FBI appointees to try and entrap the campaign staffer by urging him in secretly recorded conversations to corroborate false statements that the staffer never heard nor spoke.

Would any of those precedents be a problem for you? Apparently not because all of that happened and you haven't so much as made a peep to condemn it on this forum. All of those precedents that have been substantiated in sworn testimony, recovered text messages, a report of investigation by the IG, and documents released in response to FOIA requests but that's not the problem thats not the problem thatost concerns you about precedents or presidential abuse of power for political gain?

ProgN
backintexas2013
AG
Prognightmare said:

I hope they tell them to **** off.
Rapier108
Prognightmare said:

They're going to try to get what they couldn't in the House.

Schumer opposed witnesses in the Clinton trial, but now is demanding them. Just more Democrat hypocrisy.

Since the Republicans weren't allowed to call witnesses in the House, War Turtle should not allow Democrats to call witnesses in the Senate.
Chance Chase McMasters
aggielostinETX
AG

1. You and the retweeter can't read bc that's not what it says.
2. POLLS DON'T MATTER. Clap, Clap, clap clap clap

AggieKatie2 said:
Rapier108

Fox used the same, already discredited methodology as they did on their poll from October.

You are trying way too hard to push a bogus poll.
RGLAG85
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Wildcat said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Wildcat said:

Rockdoc
AG
I sense great disappointment is in your future!
Ulysses90
AG

In 1974 Nixon could not fill the West Wing with cheering supporters. Contrast that with Trump non-stop rallies that have thousands and sometimes tens of thousands of fans waiting outside sold out venues. Nixon was a pariah. Trump is more popular than BHO at the same pout in his presidency despite 90%+ negative press coverage for Trump and 90%+ positive coverage for Obama.

I'm not believing this poll at all especially when Trump rallies average fro.17-21% of the attendees being Trump supporters who were registered Democrats in the last election. Why should anyone believe that this poll is any more accurate than the polls were on Nov 7, 2016? Did they suddenly figure out why they were so badly wrong then?
FTAG 2000
AG
Ulysses90 said:

In 1974 Nixon could not fill the West Wing with cheering supporters. Contrast that with Trump non-stop rallies that have thousands and sometimes tens of thousands of fans waiting outside sold out venues. Nixon was a pariah. Trump is more popular than BHO at the same pout in his presidency despite 90%+ negative press coverage for Trump and 90%+ positive coverage for Obama.

I'm not believing this poll at all especially when Trump rallies average fro.17-21% of the attendees being Trump supporters who were registered Democrats in the last election. Why should anyone believe that this poll is any more accurate than the polls were on Nov 7, 2016? Did they suddenly figure out why they were so badly wrong then?

Once you look at the sampling on the poll, it's easy to understand the numbers:

46 D, 35 R sampling.

LOL, Paul Ryan and the hyper lib Murdoch kids trying to shape opinion with another bull**** poll.
titan
S
Rapier108 said:

Prognightmare said:

They're going to try to get what they couldn't in the House.

Schumer opposed witnesses in the Clinton trial, but now is demanding them. Just more Democrat hypocrisy.

Since the Republicans weren't allowed to call witnesses in the House, War Turtle should not allow Democrats to call witnesses in the Senate.
Exactly. In fact, NO Democrat demand should be listened to from here on out until this farce impeachment is over. They had a one-sided house, handle this phase the same way.
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.