***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

947,895 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
aggie2812-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He can do it without proof. What else do you want me to say? Go live life and enjoy it. Over 4 years I've listen to the left complain everydayyyyyyyy it's gotten old now. I honestly used to vote down the middle....now I can't.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Quote:

No, a President cannot abuse their power to force a foreign government to fabricate charges against a political opponent. That is not what happened here.

But it did happen in 2016 under Obama and in Ukraine.

ETA: The so-called "black ledger" against Manafort was likely forged pursuant to the DNC's and State Department's request.
1872walker
Bingo.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

What a head shot.

Trump and the Republicans should put up a ticker to keep track of Congress ignoring USMCA so they can show it starting next year how it is affecting plenty of people that would benefit from it. Nice election fodder to show what a **** show congress is worrying about a witch hunt and not doing what they were elected for because it might give the President a win.
captkirk
AG
So what?
captkirk
AG
If there is significant evidence of malfeasance. What you are describing is exactly what Obama did to trump
aggiehawg
AG
captkirk said:

If there is significant evidence of malfeasance. What you are describing is exactly what Obama did to trump
And Susan Rice's email-to-self proves it. I have never fully understood what possessed her to write such a self-condemning and Obama implicating email. Incredibly stupid, not to mention impolitic of her.
Post removed:
by user
Jimmy Valentine
aggie2812-2 said:

He can do it without proof. What else do you want me to say? Go live life and enjoy it. Over 4 years I've listen to the left complain everydayyyyyyyy it's gotten old now. I honestly used to vote down the middle....now I can't.
This should be the strategy of every single President, Democrat & Republican, going forward then.
captkirk
AG
She was covering her ass, not Obama's. She knew it had hair all over it.
Post removed:
by user
aggiehawg
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

First I've heard of Rice doing that,
Quote:

Ambassador Rice appears to have used this email to document a January 5, 2017 Oval Office meeting between President Obama, former FBI Director James Comey and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates regarding Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election. In particular, Ambassador Rice wrote:

"President Obama began the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the Intelligence and law enforcement communities 'by the book'. The President stressed that he is not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective. He reiterated that our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book."

Grassley and Graham were struck by the context and timing of this email, and sent a follow up letter to Ambassador Rice. The letter reads in part:

"It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation. In addition, despite your claim that President Obama repeatedly told Mr. Comey to proceed 'by the book,' substantial questions have arisen about whether officials at the FBI, as well as at the Justice Department and the State Department, actually did proceed 'by the book.'"
LINK
Jimmy Valentine
Jimmy Valentine
How is that self-condemning?
1872walker
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggie2812-2 said:

This should be the strategy of every single President, Democrat & Republican, going forward then.

The entire point of an investigation is to uncover evidence, if there is any (last point should be noted for House Democrats).

If an investigation done solely for political gain, it's inappropriate and likely criminal.

If it is done to root out a crime, it's legal and appropriate . If the President gains politically because the criminal happens to be his potential adversary, that's a byproduct.

It's not rocket surgery.
PA24
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I think the democrats know exactly what they are doing.
Which is what, exactly? Because there are no grounds to impeach other than personal animus and partisanship that I see.
My goodness, Al Green told us over a year ago. If we don't impeach him, he will get re-elected.

The Democrats only chance of winning in 2020 is to excite their base, these people r not stupid. Trump gave them a small opening and like good opponents they are pounding it.

Who in the media doesn't want a trial? Ratings will be sky high once the senate gets going.
Who in the senate doesn't want their chance to shine on TV to the home base?

Of course the senate will find him not guilty but if the Democrats can get a majority they will say Victory against the evil King. Their base will be on fire, maybe hot enough to pull off the greatest upset since....well Trump beat Hillary. That is what they r betting on...IMO.

Drama Drama Drama

For those thinking this is about the IG report, don't think so as we r now hearing that not a lot of meat in that report.

On to Durham.....what a show, from both sides.

This is the greatest show on earth
dermdoc
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

1872walker said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

1872walker said:

There is zero evidence the intent was to influence the 2020 election. It's not like Biden has made it through a primary. Trump ran I'm draining the swamp and his actions during the past three years have proven that.

The 2020 election is a straw man argument used by Democrats to find a crime in order to attempt to achieve their goal of removing a man from office that they don't like.
Is that a yes or a no?

Why can't anyone give a straight answer? Can a future President ask a foreign country to investigate a political opponent because they believe the opponent is corrupt? Yes or No?

Yes. A President can absolutely utilize foreign governments in aid of an investigation of a US citizen for crimes against the United States. That person being a politician does not shield them from justice. That is what happened here.

No, a President cannot abuse their power to force a foreign government to fabricate charges against a political opponent. That is not what happened here.

Here's a question for you. If the desire to investigate a crime is off limits, what should be done with the underlying crime?
I don't think investigating a crime is off limits. I'm more focused on the unique situation of the President involving himself in a foreign investigation of an alleged crime or a political opponent.

I do not remember your being concerned when hillary paid for the Steele dossier.

Weird
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Who in the media doesn't want a trial? Ratings will be sky high once the senate gets going.
Who in the senate doesn't want their chance to shine on TV to the home base?

Of course the senate will find him not guilty but if the Democrats can get a majority they will say Victory against the evil King. Their base will be on fire, maybe hot enough to pull off the greatest upset since....well Trump beat Hillary. That is what they r betting on...IMO.

Drama Drama Drama

For those thinking this is about the IG report, don't think so as we r now hearing that not a lot of meat in that report.

On to Durham.....what a show, from both sides.

This is the greatest show on earth but we have forgive me the reference here
Forgive me but it is too tempting to not quote Shakespeare here:
Quote:

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Jimmy Valentine
dermdoc said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

1872walker said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

1872walker said:

There is zero evidence the intent was to influence the 2020 election. It's not like Biden has made it through a primary. Trump ran I'm draining the swamp and his actions during the past three years have proven that.

The 2020 election is a straw man argument used by Democrats to find a crime in order to attempt to achieve their goal of removing a man from office that they don't like.
Is that a yes or a no?

Why can't anyone give a straight answer? Can a future President ask a foreign country to investigate a political opponent because they believe the opponent is corrupt? Yes or No?

Yes. A President can absolutely utilize foreign governments in aid of an investigation of a US citizen for crimes against the United States. That person being a politician does not shield them from justice. That is what happened here.

Here's a question for you. If the desire to investigate a crime is off limits, what should be done with the underlying crime?
I don't think investigating a crime is off limits. I'm more focused on the unique situation of the President involving himself in a foreign investigation of an alleged crime or a political opponent.

I do not remember your being concerned when hillary paid for the Steele dossier.

Weird
I only made 3 total posts on TexAgs in 2016, so it would have been strange if you did remember this. By the way, I was and am still concerned about it. I don't think we should allow any foreign interference in our elections at all.
dermdoc
AG
Cool. Did you vote for Hillary? Or did your "concern" over ride that decision?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
And with all due respect, we did not know Hillary paid for the Steele dossier until later if I recall correctly. And when we did find that out, I do not remember you posting your "concerns" about that.

Again weird.
Rockdoc
AG
I find it amusing that our liberal posters will get on this forum and cry and whine about Trump, but when it comes to naming their "favorite" dem candidate, they scurry away like roaches.
Jimmy Valentine
dermdoc said:

Do I need to answer all these questions in my signature? I didn't vote for Hillary, but I don't really see how that has anything to do with what I'm talking about now.
1872walker
Jimmy Valentine said:

dermdoc said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

1872walker said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

1872walker said:

Is that a yes or a no?

Weird
I only made 3 total posts on TexAgs in 2016, so it would have been strange if you did remember this. By the way, I was and am still concerned about it. I don't think we should allow any foreign interference in our elections at all.

Again, straw man. Just because you don't like who the citizens of the US elected as their President does not mean you can take an action and fabricate a crime to fit your narrative.

Investigating a crime against US interests is not a foreign nation meddling in our elections. No matter how much you want it to be.
dermdoc
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

dermdoc said:

Do I need to answer all these questions in my signature? I didn't vote for Hillary, but I don't really see how that has anything to do with what I'm talking about now.

It makes all the difference in the world in establishing bias. So who did you vote for? I voted for Trump and proud of it so i assume you would be proud of who you voted for also.
FriscoKid
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggie2812-2 said:

Sure, since it's already been happening throughout our history as a nation. Stop being weak minded and complaining all the time.
Does the alleged corruption have to be proven to make it ok? Or does the President have the authority to do it without any proof?

Well every other impeachment in our history has had an indisputable crime driving it. This one has no crime. Go ahead cowboy. Impeach over nothing. You have that power since the dems control the House. But, the senate is going to rip into this like a pit bull on a poodle. (Schiff is the poodle)
Jimmy Valentine
dermdoc said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

dermdoc said:

It makes all the difference in the world in establishing bias. So who did you vote for? I voted for Trump and proud of it so i assume you would be proud of who you voted for also.
Gary Johnson
Jimmy Valentine
FriscoKid said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggie2812-2 said:

Sure, since it's already been happening throughout our history as a nation. Stop being weak minded and complaining all the time.
Does the alleged corruption have to be proven to make it ok? Or does the President have the authority to do it without any proof?

Well every other impeachment in our history has had an indisputable crime driving it. This one has no crime. Go ahead cowboy. Impeach over nothing. You have that power since the dems control the House. But, the senate is going to rip into this like a pit bull on a poodle. (Schiff is the poodle)
The thread you are replying to is not about impeachment.
dermdoc
AG
And by the way, you are not very good at this. May need to brush up on your talking points. And if somebody is paying you, they are not getting their money's worth.
dermdoc
AG
If all the folks who said they voted for Gary Johnson actually did, he would have done a lot better.
Rockdoc
AG
Hmmm, jimmy voted for Gary Johnson. I think I see a connection.
Jimmy Valentine
dermdoc said:

And by the way, you are not very good at this. May need to brush up on your talking points. And if somebody is paying you, they are not getting their money's worth.
Cool thanks!
Jimmy Valentine
Rockdoc said:

Hmmm, jimmy voted for Gary Johnson. I think I see a connection.
FriscoKid
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

FriscoKid said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggie2812-2 said:

The thread you are replying to is not about impeachment.

It's actually in the title as "the official impeachment thread".

I'd like to avoid a ban and not call you something appropriate.
Jimmy Valentine
dermdoc said:

If all the folks who said they voted for Gary Johnson actually did, he would have done a lot better.
Have you heard from more than 4.5 million people?
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.