***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

965,427 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You went manny. Never go full manny
captkirk
AG
hbtheduce said:

The idea that meeting a campaign donor is an illegal action is a stretch.
LOLOLOL. This happens 100s if not 1000s of times a day in DC. This may be the dumbest allegation since 2 scoops
will25u

backintexas2013
AG
Seriously they sent an order to stop Trump? What a ***** to send that
BMX Bandit
[img]<a href=[/img]" /

Was this in the letter?

Rapier108
Mick Mulvaney to Schiff

ProgN
Ag with kids
AG
MetoliusAg said:

aggiehawg said:

EKUAg said:

MetoliusAg said:

Quote:

This is not a part of the impeachment
You obviously don't know much about the impeachment process. Trump's illegal charity scam can be cited in the Articles as additional evidence of Trump's unfitness for the office.

It was a civil case not a criminal one.
Yes, dear, I know. Did no one teach you that Impeachment isn't a criminal indictment? An Unfitness for Office article would include these kind of unethical acts. Also, these actions by Trump clearly appear to be federal tax fraud and campaign finance violations. Hth.
Could you please elaborate on the bolded part?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Isn't the entire premise of "Dollar Diplomacy" sovereign quid pro quo?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Wikipedia.

The page for impeachment has right dog whistle buzzwords about the founding fathers intent for impeachment not being limited to criminal activity. But that it "might" also include political reasons like "unfitness for office" or "violations of an officials duty to country"...

If this were the case then every Dem in Congress should be impeached for: the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA investigation, this cloak and dagger pre-Impeachment inquiry, and failure to pass any meaningful legislation.

Not to mention, sanctuary cities, etc. everyone who is failing at their duties could/should be driven off (according to this notion from Wikipedia)
BMX Bandit
not sure I follow. Are you saying the founders only wanted it limited to violating a criminal statute?

and how is that a dog whistle? what are the really saying then?
nomadic_ag
AG
I'm just glad the swamp is being drained. Glad Trump was dumb enough to surround himself with criminals and put people like Sondland and Giuliani in charge of running shadow campaigns that the US has, no doubt, been running for decades. When Trump said that he'd drain the swamp and be the "most transparent president in history" I don't think he meant that he'd take himself down while exposing how shady our government is, but God bless him for doing so. We'll be a stronger democracy for it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

not sure I follow. Are you saying the founders only wanted it limited to violating a criminal statute?

and how is that a dog whistle? what are the really saying then?
No, I am saying whoever edits that page for Wikipedia has likely intentionally put references to founding father's intent to lure any unsuspecting readers into thinking - "oh this notion of 'duty to the nation' and 'unfitness for service' is also what is intended". When I read that page, I got the feeling that editors were trying to legitimize non-Criminal impeachment by using references to Founding Father intent, since they know conservatives will often lean on the same for other constitutional issues.
FTAG 2000
AG
will25u said:

So he broke away from stalking underage Disney stars long enough to puke out a nonsense C&D letter?
MetoliusAg
Now that it is has been definitively established that illegal quid pro quo extortion demands were made to the Ukraine govmt, Congressional R's have floated another potential line of defense:

-- Trump didn't understand / wasn't fully aware of the rogue actions Sondland and Rudy were doing of their own volition.

There's some obvious problems with that particular narrative, but Jim Jordan and Lindsey Graham are running out of options.
VaultingChemist
AG
Quote:

Now that it is has been definitively established that illegal quid pro quo extortion demands were made to the Ukraine govmt,
Only in your mind....
Tom Hagen
AG
aggielostinETX
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Now that it is has been definitively established that illegal quid pro quo extortion demands were made to the Ukraine **, Congressional R's have floated another potential line of defense:

-- Trump didn't understand / wasn't fully aware of the rogue actions Sondland and Rudy were doing of their own volition.

There's some obvious problems with that particular narrative, but Jim Jordan and Lindsey Graham are running out of options.

**citation needed
FireAg
AG
Tom Hagen said:

etcetera...do you deny that there was clearly an effort to try to trap folks in the current administration into committing crimes so that changes at the top could be perceived to be justified?

hbtheduce
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Now that it is has been definitively established that illegal quid pro quo extortion demands were made to the Ukraine govmt, Congressional R's have floated another potential line of defense:

Now it has been definitively established that nothing illegal was demanded of the Ukraine government. Dems will continue to push poor case for impeachment.
FTAG 2000
AG
MetoliusAg said:

What options? They don't have to do anything?

Nut up and impeach already if you guys think this is a case you can go to the American public with.

On a related note, when do we perp walk Obama for giving the Iranians all that cash? W for the Saudis? Every American politician the last 40 years gets rung up if this is a "crime".

Agvet12
AG
MetoliusAg said:

What a waste of oxygen no wonder we have a "climate emergency" when there's people who believe this lol
Spotted Ag
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Good lord, no it hasn't and you refuse to acknowledge that the freaking President of Ukraine point blank said it didn't happen. But go ahead and continue to push this false narrative. You are pathetic.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Spotted Ag
AG
It's 9:47 AM on November 8, 2019 and Donald J. Trump is STILL the POTUS and...

Jeffrey Epstein STILL didn't kill himself.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
captkirk
AG

Quote:

Now that it is has been definitively established that illegal quid pro quo extortion demands were made to the Ukraine govmt
If this were in any way true, we wouldn't still be going through this sham nonsense
chimmy
Tom Hagen said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marie-yovanovitch-ukraine-emails-house-democrat-staffer-delicate-issue
Quote:

On Aug. 14, Carey reached out to Yovanovitch with pleasantries about the last time the two had "crossed paths" -- "when I was detailed to" the Senate Foreign Relations Committee -- before noting that Carey had resigned from the State Department to join the House Foreign Affairs Committee staff performing oversight work.

"I'm writing to see if you would have time to meet up for a chat in particular, I'm hoping to discuss some Ukraine-related oversight questions we are exploring," Carey then wrote to Yovanovitch. "I'd appreciate the chance to ground-truth a few pieces of information with you, some of which are quite delicate/time-sensitive and, thus, we want to make sure we get them right."

Carey continued: "Could you let me know if you have any time this week or next to connect? Happy to come to a place of your choosing, or if easier, to speak by phone at either of the numbers below. I'm also around this weekend if meeting up over coffee works."
Quote:

On Aug. 15, Yovanovitch responded: "Thanks for reaching out -- and congratulations on your new job. I would love to reconnect and look forward to chatting with you. I have let EUR [Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs] know that you are interested in talking and they will be in touch with you shortly."
Quote:

On Aug. 19, Carey wrote, "Great -- thanks for the response and I look forward to hearing from them. As mentioned, it would be ideal to connect this week... assuming this week is doable for you schedule-wise?"

Yovanovitch's congressional testimony
Quote:

So she email me. I alerted the State Department and, you know, asked them to handle the correspondence. And she emailed me again and said, you know, who should I be in touch with?
Got her.
1872walker
AG 2000' said:

Every American politician the last 40 years gets rung up if this is a "crime".

In! When do we start?
mrad85
AG
Spotted Ag said:

It's 9:47 AM on November 8, 2019 and it's been definitively established that Donald J. Trump is STILL the POTUS and...

Jeffrey Epstein STILL didn't kill himself.

FIFY
backintexas2013
AG
The disturbing part is this is an educated person and she is using the term "you know".
MetoliusAg
Distancing himself from his subordinates who get caught with their hands in the cookie jar is a standard ploy Trump has used many many times.
And right on schedule, here is Trump earlier today, distancing himself from Sondland:

Sondland is not very bright nor street smart. But he's rich and he has a very comfy life awaiting him back in the PacNW. He has a good business there to run, too. So he doesn't need money. Jmho, he isn't an uber loyal political party type who will willingly be the scapegoat and take all the blame, and that is the role the Congressional R's & WH R's are fitting him up for today.
MetoliusAg
Good Poster
AG
Metolius tears are great
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

During the 2016 election, Sondland donated to Jeb Bush's presidential campaign and to the former Florida governor's Super PAC, FEC filings show.
Quote:

However, after Trump attacked a Gold Star family, Sondland sought to distance himself from Trump
Quote:

Although the bulk of his donations have been to GOP candidates, he gave over $5,000 to Democratic Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden's reelection campaign in 2015, according to FEC filings.

Wyden had vouched for Sondland during his confirmation hearing in 2018, saying he knew the hotelier for a quarter century by way of Oregon's "really small Jewish community."
Quote:

Before he took on the diplomat role, Sondland's work in government had been limited. He was appointed by George W. Bush to serve on the Commission for White House Fellowships.
Quote:

While he is ambassador to the European Union, he has stated that he has a specific interest in Ukraine.

"President Trump has not only honored me with the job of being the US ambassador to the EU, but he's also given me other special assignments, including Ukraine," he told a Ukraine media outlet in July.
Quote:

"The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign," Sondland wrote in his text to Taylor.
Gary Johnson
Sondland is clearly part of the Deep State Globalist conspiracy against Trump.
will25u
Gary Johnson said:

Sondland is clearly part of the Deep State Globalist conspiracy against Trump.
Glad you finally accepted some truth.
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.