***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

947,483 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
hbtheduce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should we give military aid to countries who don't provide aid for criminal investigations?
Is it illegal for a Republican administration to investigate a Democrat? How about a Dem investigating a Republican?

Still waiting for you to answer these basic questions....
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
MetoliusAg said:

This is what what Trump defenders are not understanding about Morrison's testimony today:

Two weeks ago, Trump was still falsely claiming "There was no quid pro quo!", and his supporters and the RWM dutifully echoed his claim.

But after two more weeks of sworn testimony from witnesses, Trump and the RWM and Trump supporters can no longer credibly claim Trump, Giuliani, and Mulvaney weren't involved in a quid pro quo scheme. Today, Tim Morrison drove another stake thru the heart of that false Trump claim.

The new hill for Trump supporters to defend is: "Okay, we admit Trump, Mulvaney, & Giuliani held back the $350M and attempted to use it to pressure Ukraine into a quid pro quo to investigate Biden, but it wasn't wrong or illegal."
I wish I could "laughy emoticon" your posts.
mrad85
AG
hbtheduce said:

Should we give military aid to countries who don't provide aid for criminal investigations?
Is it illegal for a Republican administration to investigate a Democrat? How about a Dem investigating a Republican?

Don't hold your breath waiting for any answers. Trolls don't do that
hbtheduce
AG
I'm prepared to ask him on every thread (in the politics forum) until he answers.
Rockdoc
AG
Best to just not reply to him I guess. There's something wrong there. He'll just continue to post because that's his job.
Joe Exotic
AG
MetoliusAg said:

This is what what Trump defenders are not understanding about Morrison's testimony today:

Two weeks ago, Trump was still falsely claiming "There was no quid pro quo!", and his supporters and the RWM dutifully echoed his claim.

But after two more weeks of sworn testimony from witnesses, Trump and the RWM and Trump supporters can no longer credibly claim Trump, Giuliani, and Mulvaney weren't involved in a quid pro quo scheme. Today, Tim Morrison drove another stake thru the heart of that false Trump claim.

The new hill for Trump supporters to defend is: "Okay, we admit Trump, Mulvaney, & Giuliani held back the $350M and attempted to use it to pressure Ukraine into a quid pro quo to investigate Biden, but it wasn't wrong or illegal."

The funny part, and why we laugh so much, is that you think any of it matters. If it doesn't result in a senate conviction then it's completely pointless.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Joe Exotic
AG
C@LAg said:

Bo Darville said:

The funny part, and why we laugh so much, is that you think any of it matters. If it doesn't result in a senate conviction then it's completely pointless.
he misses the irony of actual crimes commuted by the Obama admin, the contempt they had for subpoenas, the refusal to hand over evidence, etc.

And THIS bothers him.

He is a fraud.

he is a liar.

He is dishonest. he is a troll.

He only cares about policy too. But I guess he thinks this is some kind of valiant shield. He literally can't understand that we no longer give a ****. And neither does the GOP senate and almost all GOP voters and some independents.
nmag34
hbtheduce said:

There is no legitimate criminal malfeasance to investigate (with regards to Biden and the DNC accusations). The legitimate federal investigating agency, the F.B.I., would have been called-in if there were.

ETA the bold part above since people were misconstruing.
hbtheduce
AG

Quote:

"and attempted to use it to pressure Ukraine into a quid pro quo to investigate Biden, but it wasn't wrong or illegal."

This is the only thing you have posted today that is correct.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
aginlakeway
AG
nmag34 said:

hbtheduce said:

There is no legitimate criminal malfeasance to investigate. The legitimate federal investigating agency, the F.B.I., would have been called-in if there were.
Then why the impeachment if there was no crime?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
VaultingChemist
AG
Quote:

There is no legitimate criminal malfeasance to investigate (with regards to Biden and the DNC accusations). The legitimate federal investigating agency, the F.B.I., would have been called-in if there were.

You don't have a clue, do you?
Rapier108
Res libs (aka concerned moderates) and lots of socks.

Even banned accounts can star posts.
nmag34
C@LAg said:

nmag34 said:

There is no legitimate criminal malfeasance to investigate. The legitimate federal investigating agency, the F.B.I., would have been called-in if there were.
Headshot. swing and a miss

If the Dims have any real evidence, hand it over to the FBI to investigate., You want to take Trump down, that is the way to go.

But all they have is their little wacky wall crawler toy they keep throwing at the wall and act surprised every time that it rolls down to the ground and gets dirty.

I meant with regards to Biden and the DNC accusations.

DOJ has refused to allow the F.B.I. to investigate Trump. (shocked face)
hbtheduce
AG
nmag34 said:

hbtheduce said:

DNC paid Christopher Steele to possibly MANUFACTURE EVIDENCE or include RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION. That is not legal. The FBI definitely has an open case on this one.

Biden's son was raking in MILLIONS while his dad was in charge of foreign policy. That is ACTUAL PERSONAL GAIN. (Allegedly Trump gets a press release, and some political points? ). Making sure the Biden and his foreign policy actions were not influenced by foreign money is definitely worth investigation.

You also ignore the possibility the FBI is not using Giuliani is not being used much like the FBI used Christopher Steele.

hbtheduce
AG
nmag34 said:

C@LAg said:

nmag34 said:

Headshot. swing and a miss

If the Dims have any real evidence, hand it over to the FBI to investigate., You want to take Trump down, that is the way to go.

But all they have is their little wacky wall crawler toy they keep throwing at the wall and act surprised every time that it rolls down to the ground and gets dirty.

I meant with regards to Biden and the DNC accusations.

DOJ has refused to allow the F.B.I. to investigate Trump. (shocked face)

DOJ determined Trump committed no crime (like I've been saying), what is there to investigate?

Maybe the DOJ knows there are active open investigations into the Bidens and DNC, so Trump & Guliani's actions are covered by the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty we signed with Ukraine
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MetoliusAg
Contrary to what Sean Davis of The Federalist claimed earlier today, Tim Morrison's recollection of events and conversations backed up Ambassador Bill Taylor's statement on everything except for two minor details:

hbtheduce
AG
Libs can't win partisan politics with the facts of these cases.

Trump foreign policy actions for personal "profit" is a crime and impeachable

BUT Biden foreign policy actions while raking in MILLIONS OF DOLLARS is not even worth investigation.

If you legit think Trump should be impeached for this, and DON'T think Biden should immediately drop from the race and be investigated as well. You are a partisan hack.

hbtheduce
AG

Post counter: 5
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
agsfan
So he did back up what Bill Taylor said. Security money would come with Burisma investigation.
hbtheduce
AG
agsfan said:

So he did back up what Bill Taylor said. Security money would come with Burisma investigation.

Obviously the quid pro quo argument is hardly worth discussing. But you are still wrong. Bill Taylor can "think" that was the plan.

But lets look at the actual events:
Security money came without the Burisma investigation.
backintexas2013
AG
Lying about where a meeting took place is a minor detail
Rockdoc
AG
Still wrong.
agsfan
Yeah, it came 2 days after whistleblower report.
I'm sure that's coincidence.
aginlakeway
AG
agsfan said:

OK. So money was not sent then?
aginlakeway
AG
agsfan said:

So it was FAILED quid pro quo? Or ATTEMPTED quid pro quo?
hbtheduce
AG
agsfan said:

And you are complaining about a "quid pro quo" that never happened. I'm sure that's a coincidence.
agsfan
Quote:

Ambassador Taylor wrote: "Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that security assistance money would not come until President Zelensky committed to pursue the Burisma investigation." My recollection is that Ambassador Sondland's proposal to Mr. Yermak was that it could be sufficient if the new Ukrainian prosecutor generalnot President Zelenskywould commit to pursue the Burisma investigation.
MouthBQ98
AG
#1. The aid was sent. The Ukrainians apparently never were aware it was at issue.

#2. The investigations had been opened months earlier after the government changed.

#3. What was the Ukranian part to give? What if they find nothing, or even evidence that puts the Bidens in the clear? We have no idea who, if anyone, will "electorally benefit" from the outcome of a process that hasn't come to fruition yet. What if Biden doesn't win the Dem nomination? How them would Trump be aided? What if there was an FCPA violation, or some other criminal act on the Ukranian side involved and the Bidens did warrant investigation?

I don't see how on earth we can know at this point what any actual harm or benefit really is?!
MetoliusAg
hbtheduce said:

Should we give military aid to countries who don't provide aid for criminal investigations? Is it illegal for a Republican administration to investigate a Democrat? How about a Dem investigating a Republican?
Unfortunately for Trump, Mulvaney, and Giuliani, it is illegal -- and also a serious violation of the oath of office and an abuse of power of the Presidency -- for a President to use $350M in U.S. foreign aid money to bribe or extort a foreign country to investigate and smear the President's chief political opponent and interfere in upcoming U.S. Presidential elections.
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.