***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

964,571 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag with kids said:

richardag said:

BenFiasco14 said:

richardag said:

aggiehawg said:

jblaschke said:

aggiehawg said:

oysterbayAG said:

If the Dems in the House vote to start an Impeachment Inquiry, I think Trump will immediately file a law suit to stop it based on the Constitution not allowing impeachment for political reasons. There must be a real crime !
No. The premise is wrong because impeachment is a political not a legal process. No court should and hopefully would not even entertain such a suit.
OK, this is something I don't understand. Doesn't impeachment have to be based on high crimes and misdemeanors?
That is the language used in the Constitution but there is no definition of those terms within the Constitution. It is a term of art, not a defined legal term. Thus, nothing for a court of law to parse nor render judgment.

Consequently, which types of behavior constitute "high crimes and misdemeanors" is whatever a majority of the House says they are. It is then incumbent upon the Senate to decide whether such behavior warrants removal from office and in a separate determination, whether a ban from any future federal office should be imposed.
There was a good argument concerning this on Ingram's show between Saul Weismann(??? Not sure of the name/spelling) and Alan Dershowitz. Dershowitz argued there had to be a crime and cited a case concerning President Alexander Hamilton. Not sure what is correct, above my pay grade.

https://www.lawliberty.org/2018/08/15/alexander-hamilton-the-federalist-and-the-power-of-impeachment/
Quote:

Because impeachment is "a NATIONAL INQUEST into the conduct of public men," Hamilton continues, it was a power proper to vest in "the representatives of the nation themselves." The "model from which the idea of this institution has institution has been borrowed pointed out that course to the convention. In Great Britain it is the province of the House of Commons to prefer the impeachment, and of the House of Lords to decide upon it." Hamilton noted that several state constitutions followed that same model of dividing the impeachment power between the two houses of the legislature. He then explicitly linked institutional arrangement to constitutional function: the power of impeachment is to serve "as a bridle in the hands of the legislative body upon the executive servants of the government." Hamilton cinches the point with a rhetorical question, to which he assumes the answer is obvious: "Is not this the true light in which it ought to be regarded?" Hamilton reiterated the point for emphasis in The Federalist No. 66, referring to "the powers relating to impeachments" being, "as before intimated, an essential check in the hands of that [legislative] body upon the encroachments of the executive."

The argument is if impeachment becomes a political procedure then the US Government becomes more a parliamentary form form of government. Example is ongoing in the UK with Boris needing votes of confidence, similar to Australia etc,

Again above my pay grade.

ETA: Dershowitz brought up adultery involving Hamilton which was a crime. It was not considered a high crime but a low crime. I didn't fully understand Dershowitz's point.

You DO realize he wasn't question the claim about a crime being needed.

He was wondering when the **** Alexander Hamilton was ever President...
Yikes, major failure on my part.

Me goes to time out in the corner.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
CanyonAg77
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody help me with the ((( )))

I thought I read long ago that alt right types used it as a derogatory reference to Jews. Why is Nadler doing it?
Because Nadler is derogatory to Jews.
He's derogatory to humans.
CanyonAg77
AG
YouBet said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I thought I read long ago that alt right types used it as a derogatory reference to Jews. Why is Nadler doing it?
I assumed it was to emphasize his fatness.
Like the old joke about the girl who was so fat....

...her boyfriend painted a stripe around her, so he could tell if she was walking or rolling.
BenFiasco14
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Prognightmare said:

Journalist Jews on twitter and media types have been doing it for awhile as kind of an F you to the alt right thing, Nadler's staff is obviously doing the same to make him appear hip and part of the social media woke "in" crowd
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Nadler's staff is obviously doing the same to make him appear hip and part of the social media woke "in" crowd
Thanks, thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if there was another meaning.
Rapier108
Top trending thing on Twitter right now is "President Pelosi".

They truly believe that when Trump is impeached, Pence will be as well and Pelosi will take over.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
ProgN
Rapier108 said:

Top trending thing on Twitter right now is "President Pelosi".

They truly believe that when Trump is impeached, Pence will be as well and Pelosi will take over.
That would start a civil war.
aggie_fan13
AG
tbh, i dont think it would.
aggielostinETX
AG
azulAg said:

tbh, i dont think it would.

Would be president or start a civil war?
aggie_fan13
AG
Both
AggieBlu
AG
IMPEACHMENT PARTY AT MY PLACE! BRING POPCORN!!!! LOL
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
backintexas2013
AG
You do realize they didn't have the votes prior to this blowing up in their face. Now they sure don't.

This stuff keeps blowing up in their face like Dr Ford's dates.
BuddysBud
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Prognightmare said:

Journalist Jews on twitter and media types have been doing it for awhile as kind of an F you to the alt right thing, Nadler's staff is obviously doing the same to make him appear hip and part of the social media woke "in" crowd

It is obvious that Nadler is deep into illegal corruption and is doing everything that he can to deflect and delay anything that might expose his dirt.
fasthorse05
I don't doubt Jowels (Nadler) is bent, it's just that I haven't seen anything reported, written, or even a rumor, that hes involved in shenanigans. Oh, I'm sure he knew everything that went on during the last election, and even the Obama administration, I just never saw anything that would lead to someone looking for evidence.
Rapier108
Setting up to demand a special council.

Now the "whistle blower" claims they weren't "handling the call properly" and wanted all of the supposed "witnesses" to Trump's crime to be interview to back up the claim.

This is what the Dems have leaked to the New York Slimes so far and are using the usual buzzwords "troubling" and "credible."
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
cctexagMD
Cancelled
bmks270
AG
Rapier108 said:

Setting up to demand a special council.

Now the "whistle blower" claims they weren't "handling the call properly" and wanted all of the supposed "witnesses" to Trump's crime to be interview to back up the claim.

This is what the Dems have leaked to the New York Slimes so far and are using the usual buzzwords "troubling" and "credible."

Ballsey Ford part two, as I said earlier.
cctexagMD
AG
Quote:

Treaty between Ukraine and US regarding mutual legal assistance on Criminal Matters- 1998 WJ Clinton
Haha. Trump was following the rules of a Treaty that Clinton negotiated in 1998!
"I wanna go home with the Armadillo."- Gary P. Nunn
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rockdoc
AG
Even though both parties of the phone call say otherwise. Produce tape or get out.
Big Al 1992
AG
CNN has Don Lemon interviewing James Clapper. Again. They have no other playbook.
Rapier108
Rockdoc said:

Even though both parties of the phone call say otherwise. Produce tape or get out.
No President is stupid enough to record anything, not after Nixon.
Rapier108

Now confirmed by Ed Henry on Fox.

And I'm taking this from posts on another site since I didn't get to watch it myself.

Ed Henry - anything else in complaint is public record stuff. Heard about call and heard about other claims already in public domain and formed his complaint. No firsthand knowledge.

Jim Jordan - central focus of claim is on transcript we all read today. Whistleblower told he was out to get the president. Claim is "snarky". 6 or 7 pages long. Looks like fusion gps document.

Whistleblower did not see hear or read transcript, all second hand knowledge.

The hints dropped on Ingram's show make it sound like the person is female.
Rockdoc
AG
Rapier108 said:

Rockdoc said:

No President is stupid enough to record anything, not after Nixon.

That's what I mean. There's no tape. They can't win.
Big Al 1992
AG
Rapier108 said:

And I'm taking this from posts on another site since I didn't get to watch it myself.

Ed Henry - anything else in complaint is public record stuff. Heard about call and heard about other claims already in public domain and formed his complaint. No firsthand knowledge.

Jim Jordan - central focus of claim is on transcript we all read today. Whistleblower told he was out to get the president. Claim is "snarky". 6 or 7 pages long. Looks like fusion gps document.

It's Hillary!!
Rapier108
Big Al 1992 said:

Rapier108 said:

It's Hillary!!
Sue Gordan seems to be the name which keeps popping up.

She is close to Brennan, was deputy DNI but did not get promoted to acting DNI, resigned, and was the choice for DNI of Senate Democrats.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/intel-officials-worry-trump-s-pick-top-spy-will-politicize-n1035821
aTm2004
AG
AggieBlu said:

IMPEACHMENT PARTY AT MY PLACE! BRING POPCORN!!!! LOL
Are you providing the flotation devices when this goes nowhere and you guys flood the streets with tears?

Oh, your signature talks about lying. Check mine and the link provided if you want to see who lies.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
oneeyedag
Actual complaint in Jack's link

mrad85
AG
oneeyedag said:

I hope they get the actual whistleblower under oath and ask him/her if they had any help in writing the letter.

This was a team effort I do believe.

We know which team it was.
Rapier108
mrad85 said:

oneeyedag said:

I hope they get the actual whistleblower under oath and ask him/her if they had any help in writing the letter.

This was a team effort I do believe.

We know which team it was.
The person's lawyers are from a group which promise to pay not only for legal help, but cash to people who leak classified information. It was created specifically to try and get people to leak dirt on Trump.
oneeyedag
I would agree with the team effort. A tremendous amount of research and hours went into that complaint.
The Collective
AG
For each year hijacked by this b.s., add another year to Trump's term. He should just suggest this to watch the meltdown occur.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Because Nadler is derogatory to Jews.
He's derogatory to humans.
Can't argue that.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
I've read the complaint. So this person heard some crap second hand and Rudy Giuliani needs to stop globe trotting.

What else am I missing?
aggielostinETX
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

I've read the complaint. So this person heard some crap second hand and Rudy Giuliani needs to stop globe trotting.

What else am I missing?

He can globetrot all he wants as private counsel to the president.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.