***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

944,660 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Claverack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of you has to have the smoking gun from yesterday's testimony.

We're on the impeachment thread. One of you leftists can surely find it.

These two were your star witnesses. But given that, we just aren't seeing a lot of linking to their testimony.

Judging by the attempts of Schiff's defenders to change the subject, one may well believe that yesterday was a pretty lousy day for Latka and his apologists on this thread.

MouthBQ98
AG
Mulvaney's statement was horribly taken out of context and purposefully misinterpreted by the media and the left. It was plainly obvious and anyone who still denies this is really self delusional.
captkirk
AG
FriscoKid said:

Quote:

A second U.S. embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a key cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing the need for Ukrainian officials to pursue "investigations," The Associated Press has learned.
This is what you think is damning?
He wasn't on the call. He just claims he could hear it because he was close Sondland and could make it out. Good luck with that
FriscoKid
AG
captkirk said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

A second U.S. embassy staffer in Kyiv overheard a key cellphone call between President Donald Trump and his ambassador to the European Union discussing the need for Ukrainian officials to pursue "investigations," The Associated Press has learned.
This is what you think is damning?
He wasn't on the call. He just claims he could hear it because he was close Sondland and could make it out. Good luck with that
But he heard the word "investigations". So what? There were legitimate investigations going on. Barr and Durham have been very open about this. Is there anything more than he/they heard the word "investigations"?
Gary Johnson
Quote:

All these guys independently just making stuff that perfectly corroborates each other is some really bad luck for Trump.
captkirk
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

All these guys independently just making stuff that perfectly corroborates each other is some really bad luck for Trump.
Nobody without first hand knowledge can corroborate anything but a circle jerk
Rapier108
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Feelings, opinions, thoughts, concerns, and hearing a sentence or two does not corroborate anything.
End Of Message
AG
captkirk said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Nobody without first hand knowledge can corroborate anything but a circle jerk

Bingo
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
agsalaska
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

That's your evidence? And if it is, you believe this is enough to impeach a duly elected President?
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

aginlakeway
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Well it's all hearsay ... which is sometimes better that direct evidence. Right?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Wildcat
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Only 2 pages ago you argued the testimony didn't matter because of the transcript?
Silent For Too Long
Allegedly Sondland said after the call "Trump cares more about the investigations than Ukraine."

That's the part the left cares about. Remember, this has shifted from quid pro quo, to "extortion and bribery," to "how could you do that to poor little ole Ukraine."

They are trying to impeach him over policy disputes. Schiff straight up said so yesterday. Ukraine, whom the left could not give less of a Schiff about when their savior was in office, is suddenly the most important country on earth in terms of US foreign affairs.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Sincerely thank you for answering.

If the leaker is irrelevant now, why continue to lie and cover up his highly suspect association with the man?

Why continue the charade that his identity, that even my dead grandmother knows, needs to be "hidden?"

I personally think there is something very fishy going on there. It doesn't matter that his allegations have been corroborated. If the President is exonerated for all of this, we will need to get to the bottom of what started this Schiff show in the first place.
I don't know. A quick search shows the "official story" is the whistleblower reached out to a former colleague for advice, not Schiff or the committee itself. I think it's defensible as a general policy to protect whistleblower identity but I don't know the details of this particular case and facts are still rapidly unfolding.

Even if there was an association, it seems only relevant if they conspired to fabricate evidence to produce the complaint, which would get both in a lot of trouble.
titan
S
Silent For Too Long said:

Allegedly Sondland said after the call "Trump cares more about the investigations than Ukraine."

That's the part the left cares about. Remember, this has shifted from quid pro quo, to "extortion and bribery," to "how could you do that to poor little ole Ukraine."

They are trying to impeach him over policy disputes. Schiff straight up said so yesterday. Ukraine, whom the left could not give less of a Schiff about when their savior was in office, is suddenly the most important country on earth in terms of US foreign affairs.
It doesn't really matter. They are all bad actors and hopefully this impeachment thing does crash into the sea and sink and Trump get re-elected. Just as was glad when the 98 impeachment against Clinton failed. Because again way too partisan, and the combination of Clinton and a GOP Congress was too good. It was what the 90's needed.

Its going to take something can't even conceive---something that makes the Left's agenda tolerable.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

OK. Being objective here, IF that is what Sondland thought then that's still just his opinion. This is really what has the the left all worked up? This is Gary's mountain of corroborating evidence?

That would be like someone saying, "Geez, Joe cares more Aggie football than he does about his family" That's really the extent of it?

Gary Johnson
agsalaska said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

That's your evidence? And if it is, you believe this is enough to impeach a duly elected President?
I'm forming a conclusion based on what we know, not prosecuting a criminal trial with high standards of evidence.

You have 3 Trump apointees including one who donated a million dollars. It's hard to make the case for a fabricated conspiracy against Trump with the known facts and testimony.
Eagle2020
AG
FireAg said:

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It seems like the paper trails for money transfers this large would be very easy for the DOJ to trace. These people thought this would never be investigated. I bet they were sloppy. I hope Trump's and Barr's DOJ has the desire to expose the corruption.
agsalaska
AG
Gary Johnson said:

agsalaska said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

I'm forming a conclusion based on what we know, not prosecuting a criminal trial with high standards of evidence.

You have 3 Trump apointees including one who donated a million dollars. It's hard to make the case for a fabricated conspiracy against Trump with the known facts and testimony.
OK. But in the end, without hard evidence,(something that does actually exist with Biden), would you be willing to support removing a duly elected President over this conclusion you have reached?
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

FriscoKid
AG
I always wondered what Rachael Maddow's target audience looked like.
Rockdoc
AG
FriscoKid said:

I always wondered what Rachael Maddow's target audience looked like.

Boom!

Headshot!
hbtheduce
AG
MetoliusAg said:

hbtheduce said:

Silent For Too Long said:

Enlighten me. Please shed the light on my ignorance.
Met is right here, the FISA court doesn't investigate the authenticity of the data presented. That is the job the DOJ/FBI, who unethically (and possibly criminally) mislead the courts by providing unverified information as facts to spy on American citizens.
You're closer to the truth about FISA warrants than SFTL was, but it is clear you too don't fully understand FISA warrants and the FIS Court. Kudos to you, though, for getting closer to the mark than 90% of your rightwing pals.

Nah, I gotta pretty good grasp. You made 0 arguments in your post, again.
aginlakeway
AG
Gary Johnson said:

agsalaska said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

OK .. and based on that, and without hard evidence ... you want to impeach a POTUS?

There was hard evidence vs. Nixon and Clinton.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
MetoliusAg
aginlakeway said:

FireAg said:

https://twitter.com/MichaelCoudrey?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Serious **** there ...
So is this.

Gary Johnson
I don't think he'll be impeached and removed unless he perjures himself or something else is revealed(obstruction?). I'd get some schadenfreude from the embarrassment of a trial and censure. I've long thought he was a grifter, con man, tax cheat, and an insufferably stupid man.

To your question, yes, in a real senate trial they'll need more hard evidence and testimony that Trump is currently blocking.
hbtheduce
AG
Still waiting for comment.

If an investigation is "something of value", that means HRC and the Obama administration took bribes from the Russians/Ukrainians in the form of the Steele Dossier.

End Of Message
AG
Gary Johnson said:

I don't think he'll be impeached and removed unless he perjures himself or something else is revealed(obstruction?). I'd get some schadenfreude from the embarrassment of a trial and censure. I've long thought he was a grifter, con man, tax cheat, and an insufferably stupid man.

To your question, yes, in a real senate trial they'll need more hard evidence and testimony that Trump is currently blocking.

So this is all for show?
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Guilty until proven innocent. How "libertarian" of you.
hbtheduce
AG
Any comment on the Russian disinformation campaign that lead to the Mueller investigation into a complete hoax?

How could the Obama admin and HRC take a bribe (investigation) from Russian and Ukrainian sources?
agsalaska
AG
Gary Johnson said:

I was asking YOU. Not what you think would eventually happen. Would YOU support his impeachment.

MetoliusAg
agsalaska said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

There are a lot of witnesses scheduled to testify in public in the next few weeks. Some of them listened to the call and were eyewitnesses to Sondland carrying out the directives given to him by Trump and Giuliani.

And there are **other** WH, OMB, State Dept, and NSC eyewitnesses and participants in Trump's scheme which the impeachment investigation committee wants to interview under oath. But Trump doesn't want these people to testify. And there is evidence in the form of texts, documents, and emails being withheld by Trump, too.

Any idea why that is?
FriscoKid
AG
MetoliusAg said:

agsalaska said:

Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

There are a lot of witnesses scheduled to testify in public in the next few weeks. Some of them listened to the call and were eyewitnesses to Sondland carrying out the directives given to him by Trump and Giuliani.

And there are **other** WH, OMB, State Dept, and NSC eyewitnesses and participants in Trump's scheme which the impeachment investigation committee wants to interview under oath. But Trump doesn't want these people to testify. And there is evidence in the form of texts, documents, and emails being withheld by Trump, too.

Any idea why that is?
Because she lost?
titan
S

Quote:

But the open use of false stories and conspiracy narratives by Republican members of Congress is not a hurdle that I anticipated.
That's preposterous what she says -- what they were talking about is known. It is simple fact that in Trump's very inauguration month the Democrats declared intention to find a way to impeach him and declared a "resistance." The sordid story of how that dossier figured in the back scenes of the framing attempt is not a `conspiracy narrative', whateve details one might argue about.
oldarmy1
AG
Gary Johnson
Sorry yo boy's dumb conspiracy theory lost and got him impeached.
Rockdoc
AG
Hate to break it to you. They started planning his impeachment the day he was sworn in, before he did ANYTHING.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.