***** Babylon Bee Brilliance *****

104,826 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
FrontPorchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thirdcoast said:

The Babylon Bee is like John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Seth Myers, Kimmel etc EXCEPT way more clever and transparent about being satire.
No one on your list expect the bee is funny
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
thirdcoast
AG
I agree. But unfortunately much of the world disagrees and thinks the "comedy news left" are both funny and accurate. Good to see BB putting out quality content when conservatives have historically failed miserably to break into comedy market.
CanyonAg77
AG
thirdcoast said:

TThe Babylon Bee is like John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Seth Myers, Kimmel etc EXCEPT they are funny
DarrellS8
tsuag10
AG
tehmackdaddy
AG
techno-ag
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

Quote:

"Remember, you could have it a lot worse---you could be in America!" Sanders bellowed as police officers for the totalitarian regime beat protesters in the background. "Hey, you! You on the floor there! You're not looking very appreciative of living in one of the greatest Communist countries on earth!" Sanders continued his long-winded rant about the need for the government to own the means of production, how great breadlines are, and how bad things are in capitalist America as protesters got dragged away by police to be disappeared.

"Just think---in America, we have to pick between 14 different types of deodorant!" he said, his fingers flopping around like limp sausages.

According to sources, Beto O'Rourke is planning on joining Sanders to inform Chinese citizens how lucky they are that they don't live in a racist country like America.

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
DarrellS8
riverrataggie
AG
techno-ag said:

tehmackdaddy said:

Quote:

"Remember, you could have it a lot worse---you could be in America!" Sanders bellowed as police officers for the totalitarian regime beat protesters in the background. "Hey, you! You on the floor there! You're not looking very appreciative of living in one of the greatest Communist countries on earth!" Sanders continued his long-winded rant about the need for the government to own the means of production, how great breadlines are, and how bad things are in capitalist America as protesters got dragged away by police to be disappeared.

"Just think---in America, we have to pick between 14 different types of deodorant!" he said, his fingers flopping around like limp sausages.

According to sources, Beto O'Rourke is planning on joining Sanders to inform Chinese citizens how lucky they are that they don't live in a racist country like America.

I don't get the Beto quote. People from Hong Kong likely don't understand Spanish.
dermdoc
AG
These folks are brilliant.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
DarrellS8 said:

Quote:

"The headlines, the copy, the quotes---they're all fake," said the site's editor in chief, hanging his head in shame. "It started a few years ago. We made up a few stories about church culture, some about politics, some about everyday life, just for fun." But the EIC said that things quickly got out of hand, as their completely made-up stories started going viral.
Sources confirmed The Babylon Bee even hired a professional Photoshop guy full time to fabricate images of events that did not actually occur, such as Joe Biden getting hit with a blue shell, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez going on The Price is Right and guessing that everything is free, Ruth Bader Ginsburg coming back as a cyborg, and monkeys throwing poop at each other in the Senate's chambers.

"Yeah, you caught me," said the site's creative director somberly. "I take real images and combine them using a program called Photoshop. None of it actually happened. I am ashamed." He said he even used his considerable artistic talents to depict Trump body-slamming the queen of England, Bernie Sanders stealing kids' Halloween candy, and even create a fake new VeggieTales character who is a marijuana plant.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
CanyonAg77
AG
They do a lot of great stuff, but the prodigal son tweets literally made me LOL. The Sanders in Hong Kong and the admission they are fake are brilliant. They are on a roll.
DarrellS8
Squadron7
AG
DarrellS8 said:

This is more than Gold, Jerry. This is priceless.

Oh, and suck it, Snopes.
MooreTrucker
AG
And a prime example of "really close to being true" and "hard to tell the difference between truth and satire".
Squadron7
AG
And the text is brilliant, too:

Quote:

"Like, what if we took money from everyone to fund a force that could then defend them in a time of need?" she pondered aloud. "They could have patrol cars, firearms, and attack dogs. Maybe even some tanks. That would be so frickin' rad. They could have a badge to show their authority. Then, when a rogue group like Antifa shows up to take over our city every weekend, they could be repelled using force if necessary."
DarrellS8
They just dropped a nuke on Snopes
Long Live Sully
AG
DarrellS8 said:

They just dropped a nuke on Snopes

Quote:

"This is clearly a threat to democracy," said the head researcher we specifically paid to say "this is clearly a threat to democracy." "Maybe people who read Snopes just aren't as informed or educated as people who simply watch Jeopardy! to get their information or call their Aunt Carla and ask her what the latest gossip is."
biobioprof
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
BenFiasco14
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B1cXm0LDfST
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DarrellS8
Zemira
AG
Behind a paywall but is a good opinion piece.

Zemira
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B1cXm0LDfST

Quote:

"I have lots of ideas for what we should do at the Fed, once my nomination is approved," Paul said, grinning mischievously. "I know exactly what rates I would have the central bank enact. I have lots of sensible policies when it comes to monetary policy on our fiat currency. These ideas are all gold."

"Trust me: my ideas for what to do with the Fed are explosive," he added, before descending into mad laughter.
Pelayo
AG

https://babylonbee.com/news/reality-criticized-for-not-more-clearly-distinguishing-itself-from-satire
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chimpanzee
I think they probably took Snopes out with this pummeling. Snopes just couldn't see through their own self-righteousness and thoroughly sunk any credibility they had left.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Zemira said:

Behind a paywall but is a good opinion piece.

It's just ridiculous. Satirical news sites are just modern day newspaper comics. It's like the NYT fact-checking Dilbert.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
HTownAg98
Zemira
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Zemira said:

Geralt of Rivia
S
Tramp96
pdc093

n/m
justcallmeharry
S

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.