Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

690,029 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flying Amoeba said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

However, just because your phone was in a location does not mean you were. It may be a good indicator, but it isn't a guarantee.

No kidding. I can't count how many times white supremacists in maga hats have stolen my phone, taken it with them on a hate crime and then returned it to me.

Oh look, someone who thinks they're smart and cute...

If the witnesses' phones were somewhere else, that would not prove they were not there. Trying then for lying under oath (which was originally quoted) would be pointless based on phone data alone. There would need to be some other evidence that falsifies, without a doubt, their claims before pursuing that.
ABATTBQ11
AG
agdoc2001 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

However, just because your phone was in a location does not mean you were. It may be a good indicator, but it isn't a guarantee.
Ah, the old Adnan Syed defense I see!

No. It's the difference between proving a positive and proving a negative. In his case, it's proof he could very well have been there. In this case, it's (hypothetically) proof they were not. That's a big difference because your phone doesn't typically go places without you, but you can easily and often do go places without a phone.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
The War Department and I stayed at the hotel right in the area of the staged racial assault attack and it was a pretty cold early May. It's funny to think these attackers were tooling around in the middle of winter to assault a loser an African American and just so happened it was Juicy.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I believe the temps were in the negative double digits. The bleach he supposedly had poured on him would have been frozen.
will25u
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Just checking in:

Have they caught the people who did this to Smollet yet???
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Muy said:

thirdcoast said:

Will Michelle call it in and save Jussie?

That is one fugly b

Holy sheet, that's hideous!

Looks like one of those fish you see that only live beyond 10000 feet deep.
whatthehey78
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Muy said:

thirdcoast said:

Will Michelle call it in and save Jussie?

That is one fugly b

Holy sheet, that's hideous!

Looks like one of those fish you see that only live beyond 10000 feet deep.
Apples are not safe from those choppers even if they're on the other side of a picket fence.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
justcallmeharry
S
Just bumping this - the defense will continue today.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/jussie-smollett-trial-day-5-defense-expected-to-continue-presenting-its-case/2700844/

Justice for Jussie... lol
Icecream_Ag
S
ABATTBQ11 said:

I believe the temps were in the negative double digits. The bleach he supposedly had poured on him would have been frozen.
close to -20 iirc.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Perfect night to go on a stroll to subway at 2 am.
justcallmeharry
S
--12:08 p.m.: Jussie Smollett is taking the stand

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/jussie-smollett-trial-day-5-defense-expected-to-continue-presenting-its-case/2700844/

Should be a great show.
whatthehey78
AG
Hope justice is finally served.
wbt5845
AG
So what evidence is there against him? The two brothers? So does this come down to whether the jury believes them or not?
justcallmeharry
S
Same link as before...

"Smollett describes his friendship with Osundairo, and testifies that they would "drive around smoking weed" all the time -- something Smollett says was part of his music writing process.

"Did you ever drive around your neighborhood smoking a blunt?" Defense attorney Nenye Uche asks. "Sometimes," Smollett says.

Smoellet says black Mercedes they'd drive around in was a loner from Mercedes, and that hewrote about it on Instagram in return for a one year lease.

Smollett says Olabinjo, Bola's brother, brother "kinda creeped me out."

"I was very well aware of the fact that this was not necessarily a friendship to shine light on," Smollett testified. "He didn't like me or wasn't feeling me, that was fine. He took the vibe out of the room."

Smollett also testified that he didn't know of Olabinjo's previous felony conviction, and had no idea about the weapons police found in his apartment. Smollett says he could never trust him.

Smollett then says he needed a personal trainer (Smollett alleges he paid one of the brothers as a personal trainer), because producers had told him he had gotten fat, and that he had an upcoming music video shoot in which he would be required to be shirtless.

1:10 p.m.:
Trial breaks for lunch
2:45 p.m.:
Smollett continued his testimony on the nature of his relationship with Bola, saying that he agreed to pay him $3,500 for training and meal plans to get in shape for a music video.

He says that the amount agreed to was "not a lot of money" to pay for a trainer, and emphasized that he had paid another trainer more than $10,000 for similar assistance.

The check Smollett says he used to pay for the training and meal plans is the check that the prosecution alleges was used to pay for the faked attack."
torrid
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10281221/Jussie-Smollett-takes-stand-Hail-Mary-attempt-avoid-jail-trial.html
Quote:

Jussie Smollett admitted to hooking up at a gay bathhouse with one of the two Nigerian brothers whom he allegedly hired to beat him up as the fired Empire actor took the stand Monday in a last-ditch effort to sway the Chicago jury in his trial for lying to police about being the victim of a hate crime.

Smollett testified that he and Abimbola Osundairo had been to gay bathhouses together where they had done drugs and 'masturbated together' in a private room.

Smollett's attorneys have claimed that it was a 'real' attack and that Osundairo and his brother, Olabingo, made up the story about a hoax then asked Smollett for $1 million each to not testify against him at trial.
A New Hope
This guy better not get let off. He's crooked as all hell. Blatantly lying the entire time. He's made a farce of the legal system.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Jussie Smollett admitted to hooking up at a gay bathhouse with one of the two Nigerian brothers whom he allegedly hired to beat him up as the fired Empire actor took the stand Monday in a last-ditch effort to sway the Chicago jury in his trial for lying to police about being the victim of a hate crime.

Smollett testified that he and Abimbola Osundairo had been to gay bathhouses together where they had done drugs and 'masturbated together' in a private room.

Smollett's attorneys have claimed that it was a 'real' attack and that Osundairo and his brother, Olabingo, made up the story about a hoax then asked Smollett for $1 million each to not testify against him at trial.
Absurd. What about the rehearsal? He knowingly subjected himself to an attack they rehearsed previously? So they made him write the "die, ***" letter too? There are so many other ways to extort money than this ridiculous story that Juicy is telling.
JonSnow
I first year law student should be able to eviscerate this clown on cross.
NTAS
i don't think that the average Chicagoan that is sitting on the jury will have much use for Juicy. I imagine they see him as a blight on their community.

I doubt many jurors will hear a story about two dudes mutually masturbating in a bath house and think that lends credibility.
pdc093
I can't believe this fool! His ridiculous lie about being out at 1a.m. for Subway was because the Nigerian brother that was going to be his trainer, told him he "needed more eggs in his diet".......From SUBWAY?!?
He's obviously suffering from 'Alec Baldwin Syndrome'. Arrogant tool.
MarkTwain
Yeah this clown is out at 1 am when it's record breaking cold weather @ -21 deg F (-52 deg F with the windchill factor) to get a subway sandwich

And a couple of MAGA hat wearing rednecks are walking around downtown Chicago with a roll of rope and a jug of bleach (bleach freezes @ 19 degrees F by the way) and they just decided to roll ole Juicy shouting "this is MAGA country)

This should be on TV for all to see this idiot tell this crap.

The Chicago has a breakdown of the timeline that night

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-viz-jussie-smollett-incident-night-details-htmlstory.html
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
torrid
AG
Now he has testified that Don Lemon warned him that the police weren't buying his story.
Corn Pop
CBS this morning showed a video this morning of the cops showing up at his apartment after the incident. He's literally sitting there in the apartment alone with the noose still around his neck. How that cop kept a straight face is beyond me.
ABATTBQ11
AG
wbt5845 said:

So what evidence is there against him? The two brothers? So does this come down to whether the jury believes them or not?

Well, there's also the fact that none of what he is saying makes any sense. He was going to Walgreens at 1am when it's -20F outside for eggs, but it was closed so he went to subway? What idiot doesn't check if Walgreens is open at 1 am and it's -20F outside before walking there? Why not just wait until morning? They assaulted him knowing he'd file a police report, they'd be found, and they could extort him to not testify against him?

None of that **** is believable, and if I were on the jury is be pissed at the waste of time and insulted that this idiot would think anyone would buy that story.
jac4
AG
I'd like to see the lady from GMA that interviewed him get interviewed again. That segment was one of the worst things I have seen on television. It dramatically closed with some BS like "that's America in 2019..."

She should be raked over the coals for that tripe. Lemon, Kamala, and Cori Booker should lose any credibility (as if they had any).
akm91
AG
Robin Roberts I think is the one you're talking about.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
CanyonAg77
AG
justcallmeharry
S
Jussie will continue his testimony after being cross-examined this morning.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/jussie-smollett-trial-updates-smollett-back-on-stand-after-calling-hoax-claim-100-false/2701578/

"Jussie Smollett will return to the witness stand Tuesday at his trial in Chicago, where the former "Empire" actor called claims that he staged an anti-gay, racist attack on himself "100% false."

Prosecutors will continue cross-examining the 39-year-old, who appeared calm through several hours of testimony Monday. He told jurors "there was no hoax" and that he was the victim of a hate crime in his downtown Chicago neighborhood.

Smollett, who faces charges that he lied to Chicago police about the January 2019 attack, sought to refute damaging testimony from two brothers last week.

They said Smollett, who is gay and Black, orchestrated the hoax to get publicity, giving them $100 for supplies and instructing them to place a noose around his neck and yell homophobic slurs. They also said Smollett gave them a $3,500 check to carry it out."
Tomdoss92
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Perfect night to go on a stroll to subway at 2 am.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AgFormerlyInIrving said:

Just checking in:

Have they caught the people who did this to Smollet yet???
OJ is checking the golf courses for them.
justcallmeharry
S
Same link as above... Jussie insulting all pale people...

"-- Jussie Smollett took the witness stand for a second day and more cross-examination by special prosecutor Dan Webb

Smollett testifies repeatedly during questioning of the sequence of events of January 2019 that there was no fake attack, that he was in fact attacked, and he denied the previous testimony that he had planned a staged attack.

Webb then asks about Jan. 27, 2019. Smollett testifies he had gone to pick up Bola Osundairo for a training session at his apartment building's gym, because Bola said that "Ubers were crazy."

Smollett says Bola was not wearing work out clothes, nor did he need to because Smollett was the one who would be working out. He said Bola's brother, Ola entered the car and said hello, and nothing more.

Smollett describes Ola as "weird" and as he and Bola smoked weed, he took a phone call, drove around his neighborhood, and because it was "uncomfortable" he used the phone call as an excuse not to work out any longer.

Webb then asks about the evening of Jan. 28 and Jan. 29, 2019, specifically about the text messages Smollett sent privately to Bola about his flight status back to Chicago. Smollett said Bola called him shortly after landing and that Bola said they would meet at 9:30 the next morning for a training session as planned.

Smollett says no messages were exchanged about the plan to work out that night or the next morning. He denied that the attack was staged and said that he did not trust the Osundairo brothers, and their testimony about the planned attack at 2am was a "bold-faced lie."

Webb then picks apart Smollett's reports to police and his Good Morning America interview where he says the attacker he saw was white. Smollett then clarifies that he said he assumed they were white based on the pale skin he saw, and what they said -- using the n-word, and the reference to MAGA country.

Smollett says he would never call someone white based on how they acted or spoke because "that would be racist." He said he changed his description to "pale skinned" because he wasn't certain the attacker was white.

-- Webb says he has no further questions, and trial goes to break shortly before noon. Either cross-examination will continue or the defense will begin re-direct."
justcallmeharry
S
"The defense rests. Closing arguments are set for Wednesday at 9:15 a.m. CT"
MsDoubleD81
AG
Wish this one would have had live video.
C@LAg
i have pretty much ignored this.

what is the consensus other than Juciy is a racist liar and charlatan.

you think a Chicago jury is going to find him not guilty?
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.