Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

692,601 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
Old_Ag_91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN
Mtn_Guide said:

I'm not sure how this whole thing plays out but I feel like it ends with Jussie getting a Nike contract.
aggiehawg
AG
Just an FYI: Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board of Supervisors and Kim Foxx's patron, lost her mayoral bid last night.
MooreTrucker
AG
aggiehawg said:

Just an FYI: Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board of Supervisors and Kim Foxx's patron, lost her mayoral bid last night.
I saw that this morning. So does this mean no more Rahm Emanuel? And can this be a positive thing for Chicago?
Old_Ag_91
AG
That's excellent, thanks for update Mrs Hawg.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

aggiehawg said:

I saw that this morning. So does this mean no more Rahm Emanuel? And can this be a positive thing for Chicago?
Rahm is done in Chicago. His replacement, Lori Lightfoot, has been in politics the majority of her career and is your typical leftist. The cops aren't a fan of her and she'll be just as crooked as the rest of Chicago politicians.
aggiehawg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

aggiehawg said:

It's Chicago, there is no such thing as a positive development. (Although I was surprised by the overwhelming majority of votes, 75% of the vote and all 50 wards for Lightfoot.)

But Chicago is still Chicago. As an example, I offer this development in the 16th Ward last night.

Quote:

With the soul song "Ain't No Stopping Us Now," pumping from the speakers, newly elected 16th Ward Alderman Stephanie Coleman entered the dining room of the Gage Park restaurant dancing as she held on to the arm of her father.

The crowd of nearly 100 guests sang out loud to the music and huddled around her, waving their hands in the air and cheering. They took a few moments to just hug, cheer and dance before the party calmed.
As she took the stage, Coleman's mother Shirley Coleman, a former alderman who served four terms in the Englewood Ward , stood behind her. And a small group of elected officials squeezed on to the stage.

This was yours to lose," Ald. Carrie Austin, 34th, said, speaking directly to Stephanie Coleman, who is her goddaughter. "This is a legacy for you ... God blessed you to be right where you are at.
LINK

Still about cronyism and power and political dynasties. New boss, same as the old boss.
Prosperdick
AG
If nothing else, the over whelming majority of Americans don't believe Jussie so this won't be a situation where 6 months or a year from now they can't lump in Jussie as an example of hate crimes. Of course they'll still repeat the lie that Trump called white supremacists "good people."
Bryan98
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

aggiehawg said:

Rahm is done in Chicago. His replacement, Lori Lightfoot, has been in politics the majority of her career and is your typical leftist. The cops aren't a fan of her and she'll be just as crooked as the rest of Chicago politicians.
Hold on, friend, I fear you may have, like John Brennan, been the innocent victim of some bad information. Lightfoot has never held elected office before this. She's a former federal prosecutor.

I'm not saying I'm a fan or anything, just trying to correct the record.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bryan98 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

aggiehawg said:

Hold on, friend, I fear you may have, like John Brennan, been the innocent victim of some bad information. Lightfoot has never held elected office before this. She's a former federal prosecutor.

I'm not saying I'm a fan or anything, just trying to correct the record.
I didn't say she was elected. She has been in politics the majority of her career though when you look at her appointments.
annie88
AG
aggiehawg said:

Long Live Sully
AG
annie88 said:

aggiehawg said:

TUNA! I see what he did there.
End Of Message
AG
aggiehawg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

aggiehawg said:

"Nuff said.
Biz Ag
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
Popcorn bucket is not empty just yet.

aggiehawg
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Popcorn bucket is not empty just yet.

Her political protector, Toni Preckwinkle, just lost her mayoral bid and by a huge margin. Kim Foxx is now in a target rich environment without that protection.

Live by Chicago politics, die by Chicago politics.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm curious to hear the new mayor's take on this case. She's a black lesbian. My guess is the liberal hive mentality will continue buzzing along.
aggiehawg
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I'm curious to hear the new mayor's take on this case. She's a black lesbian. My guess is the protected class hive mentality will continue buzzing along.
She was also a federal prosecutor. She might not be as supportive of Foxx as one might think.
agent-maroon
AG
What happened to the "turn the page" Commissioner there in Chicago? Was he not able to sway the opinions of his peers?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
Today is the deadline for Smollett to pay the $130,000.

LINK
Mathguy64
AG
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Jussie politely declines the invitation to pay while laughing his ass off.
IrishTxAggie
AG
mathguy86 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Jussie politely declines the invitation to pay while laughing his ass off.

That's ok. Bring him to civil court for it then. Don't need the same burden of proof in civil that you do criminal. It'll expose him. Discovery and depositions would be wonderful!!
techno-ag
AG
mathguy86 said:

OJ didn't want to pay either.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Rapier108
Quote:

CHICAGO -- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has refused to pay the city of Chicago more than $130,000 for the cost of investigating his reported hate crime, the city's law department said Thursday.

Last week, the city sent Smollett a letter demanding the payment for what it cost police to investigate his alleged attack. The letter said he must pay within seven days, but didn't say what would happen if he didn't.

The city's law department said it is now drafting a civil complaint that will be filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County in the near future. The city said it will pursue the full measure of damages allowed under the ordinance.
https://abc13.com/jussie-smollett-refuses-to-pay-chicago-$130k-for-police-investigation-city-says-/5233619/
flakrat
AG
What a sheet show. His arse should be in jail doing serious time.
aggiehawg
AG
That's gonna cost him more than 130 thou in legal fees, even assuming he manages to win the case which is doubtful.

Some idiots just keep banging their heads against a brick wall without a helmet.
drcrinum

Swarely
Quote:

What's more, Geragos wrote, if the city continues to pursue Smollett, his legal team promises to make things uncomfortable as possible for city officials, including outgoing Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, plus the two brothers who attacked Smollett (they claim because he paid them to stage a hoax attack), and their lawyers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/04/05/jussie-smollett-chicago-face-off-nasty-legal-battle-civil-fine/3375728002/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What's more, Geragos wrote, if the city continues to pursue Smollett, his legal team promises to make things uncomfortable as possible for city officials, including outgoing Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, plus the two brothers who attacked Smollett (they claim because he paid them to stage a hoax attack), and their lawyers.
That stupidity warrants a LOL.

Smollett was nailed. He lied. Threats like this are not made public.
Icecream_Ag
S
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That stupidity warrants a LOL.

Smollett was nailed. He lied. Threats like this are not made public.
trying to win court of public opinion to force the city to back off
Blanco Ag
Old_Ag_91
AG
Wow, what a mess. It makes me wonder if Geragos is just completely full of crap or does he really believe Smollett is innocent. He's really asking for it to act all high and mighty (he's a perfect match for Smollett).
Prosperdick
AG
They're going to ride his lies to the bitter end...God I hope it's a VERY bitter end.
Old_Ag_91
AG
You and me both.
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.