Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

693,058 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
wannaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

The guy has friends in high places.
He doesn't have friends. But he has people who also ally their souls with The Cause. They are friends with The Cause, and that means they protect the cause at all costs.

CanyonAg77
AG

Quote:

Stelter pins the story getting political on ... TMZ, for reporting Smollett said attackers had MAGA hats.
I guess the red hat the "attackers" bought (on video) was just to support some sports team????
Charpie
AG
this is just wrong. And I hope Kamela Harris goes down for this.
Biz Ag
AG
Odd that Foxx announces the settlement since she recused herself from the case over a month ago after having discussed it with one of Smollett's relatives.

Jussie Smollett update: Texts shed light on why State's Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself
beanbean
DTP02 said:

GCP12 said:

Seriously, does this mean they are going to go after the two Nigerian brothers?

No, not at all. The state has essentially concluded that Smollette did it and that, for "reasons," they don't want to convict him of it.
Someone needs to clarify that in another manner other than sending out a couple of tweets, because Jussie and his family are getting away with saying he's totally innocent and was dragged through the mud by an overzealous police department.
CanyonAg77
AG
Charpie said:

Well, she does have experience in that field.
DTP02
AG
brucoh said:

Love Gun said:

And then that liar went right down to the podium and still denied he had anything to do with it. The city of Chicago just got played so hard.

The City of Chicago didn't get played, they called the play.

Chicago PD However did get screwed right over, but they don't have the authority to prosecute so they didn't really get played.
Eagle2020
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Charpie said:

Well, she does have experience in that field.

Bravo. Very well done.
captkirk
AG
GCP12 said:

Brian Stelter is the worst person in media.
He's dumber than Cuomo and lemon, and thats saying something
wannaggie
justcallmeharry said:

Deferred probation deal.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/empire-jussie-smollett-emergency-court-hearing/

"Charges dropped against 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett as part of deal

The actor, who was charged with 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly hiring two men to attack him in a staged hate-crime attack near his Streeterville home in January, has reached a deferred prosecution deal with prosecutors that will wipe out the charges against him. Smollett will forfeit the $10,000 he posted for bond.

"After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollet's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case," the Cook County state's attorney's office said in statement."

"Deferred Probation"?

Probation itself is already a deferment of punishment!

"I hereby order you to go on probation. However, we are going to defer that probation. As long as you don't hire another person to help you stage and promote a false crime and then report it to the police and make false accusations... for 1 <pinky to mouth>... year, you won't even face probation."

Burn it down.
DTP02
AG
brucoh said:

DTP02 said:

GCP12 said:

Seriously, does this mean they are going to go after the two Nigerian brothers?

No, not at all. The state has essentially concluded that Smollette did it and that, for "reasons," they don't want to convict him of it.
Someone needs to clarify that in another manner other than sending out a couple of tweets, because Jussie and his family are getting away with saying he's totally innocent and was dragged through the mud by an overzealous police department.

They aren't motivated to do that because they are complicit. Unless and until they get a furious PR blowback, the state's attorneys office in Chicago is getting exactly what they want: Smollette not getting convicted and thus able to claim vindication, and the SA's office able to say they agreed to the deal in the interests of preserving legal assets for the prosecution of violent offenses.
Mathguy64
AG
Charpie said:

I...must...resist.....do ...not..go..there

Yeah. No Its too easy and this hanging curve is just teed up waiting to be crushed.

Kamala Harris has gone down for way less than this.
Old_Ag_91
AG
I hope karma bites Kim Fox, Jussie Smellit, and his lawyer. This is brutally clear that the law applies to only us not someone who is liberal or pushing a liberal agenda. I hope everything bad that can happen to them does and more. They have it coming.
Marv C. World
GCP12 said:

They have to go all out here. If Chicago PD doesn't do that then they essentially run the risk of being the canary in the coal mine for the American judicial system where laws and evidence don't matter and having the right politics and identity will get you off. In otherwords, they have to fight this tooth and nail or else it risks invalidating everything that they do such that it would be pointless to have a police department.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Agree, if I was CPD, I'd be extremely pissed off.
RAB91
He still telling lies...

Marv C. World
Love Gun said:

>declared not a threat to public safety
>tried to generate massive amounts of propaganda and rioting against his political opponents for personal gain

pick one
wannaggie
Big Al 1992 said:

This is amazing. Amazingly corrupt.

I've done many trash pickups in the neighborhoods where I've lived.
Can I drive 100mph in a school zone now?

Give me a break.
March 26, 2019 -- the day White Privilege finally died.
WestTexAg12
AG
Even the Mayor Rahm Emanuel is going off on this BS.

He's absolutely railing on Smollet (no pun intended) and calling out the exploitation of hate crime legislation.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
aggiedata
AG
I don't have much experience with this stuff.. but.

Don't you usually have to admit guilt to get a deal like this? This is nuts.
Mathguy64
AG
To be serious here, the State Atty's office really goofed here. Its one thing to not want to prosecute the guy for faking a crime. You don't want to deal with that political hot potato for what amounts to no return on your investment of time and effort? I get it.

But you cannot let the narrative be written so that this pathetic piece of human debris can walk out and say he is innocent and say the brothers did it to him. He had to be held to some plea agreement that said he cannot do that or else the agreement gets voided. He is getting to have his cake and eat it at the same time.
Urban Ag
AG
Not a threat to public safety?

His stunt was by design intended to fan the flames of hate and resentment. The guy is a leftist activist. This was just another version of "hands up don't shoot".

These people are just terrible.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiedata said:

I don't have much experience with this stuff.. but.

Don't you usually have to admit guilt to get a deal like this? This is nuts.
Yes.
Potent5
AG
Blacks*
MAROON
AG
is there a more screwed up city in the country (other than Detroit)?
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Charpie
AG
y'all should watch the Good Wife/Good Fight. They perfectly show just how shady Chicago is.
captkirk
AG

TequilaMockingbird
Quote:

Jussie Smollett posted:

Hey, whose **** do I have to suck to get these charges dropped?
atmtws
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Even the Mayor Rahm Emanuel is going off on this BS.

He's absolutely railing on Smollet (no pun intended) and calling out the exploitation of hate crime legislation.
Is Emanuel compromised? I wonder who has what dirt on him....
ABATTBQ11
AG
"Whitewash"

Pun intended?
Ellis Wyatt
mathguy86 said:

To be serious here, the State Atty's office really goofed here.
They did not goof. This is unequal protection under the law, i.e. corruption.
Clob94
Oh Jussie----------- you'll get yours.
bam02
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

The guy has friends in high places.

No. He just checks off enough of the right protected class boxes to be above the law.
AggieP18
If Rahm Emanuel calls you out, it's definitely a problem!
beanbean
mathguy86 said:

To be serious here, the State Atty's office really goofed here. Its one thing to not want to prosecute the guy for faking a crime. You don't want to deal with that political hot potato for what amounts to no return on your investment of time and effort? I get it.

But you cannot let the narrative be written so that this pathetic piece of human debris can walk out and say he is innocent and say the brothers did it to him. He had to be held to some plea agreement that said he cannot do that or else the agreement gets voided. He is getting to have his cake and eat it at the same time.
Exactly. Doesn't effect my life one way or the other if that dude had to actually do any time. I never thought he would in the first place, but to be able to just keep perpetrating the lie is what I have a huge problem with.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.