Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

693,192 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
FHUAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That video was fantastic, thank you for sharing. Here's the article the guy interviewed wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/583099/

Quote:

Racial politics today have become a kind of religion in which whites grapple with the original sin of privilege, converts tar questioners of the orthodoxy as "problematic" blasphemers, and everyone looks forward to a judgment day when America "comes to terms" with race. Smollettif he really did stage the attackwould have been acting out the black-American component in this eschatological configuration, the role of victim as a form of status. We are, within this hierarchy, persecuted prophets, ever attesting to the harm that white racism does to us and pointing to a future context in which our persecutors will be redeemed of the sin of having leveled that harm upon us. We are noble in our suffering.

The single best summation and illustration of SJW idiocy I've ever read.

They are brainwashed zealots, men and women that are mentally and emotionally underdeveloped yet hellbent on proving their virtuosity and nobility, even if in public proclaimation only, and even if by verifiable hoax.
tsuag10
AG
Wow. Spot on.
Prosperdick
AG
Squadron7
AG
Prosperdick said:

Even after all of this, poor Jussie isn't so well known that the cartoonist felt he could leave off the "Smollett".

APHIS AG
aggiehawg said:

Prognightmare said:

How could anyone listening to the Chicago PD laying out the depth of their investigation remotely believe that Smollett was framed? The brothers confessed to their role. Smollett identified them from the surveillance tape as his "attackers".
That will probably be his lawyers best defensive strategies for it does cast doubt and doubt is all he needs.

As per the brothers confession, the defense can always state that they were given a deal if they "confessed" and Smollett can always state that he was still "upset" over the attack and could have made a mistake.

It just takes one juror.
Boo Weekley
vettmaster99 said:

Don't think this guy will be invited back to CNN for exposing them.
Wow, that was great...wish more liberals could be like that guy. Dead on. Thanks for posting.
Clob94
vettmaster99 said:

Wow.

That guy gets it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
APHIS AG said:

aggiehawg said:

Prognightmare said:

How could anyone listening to the Chicago PD laying out the depth of their investigation remotely believe that Smollett was framed? The brothers confessed to their role. Smollett identified them from the surveillance tape as his "attackers".
That will probably be his lawyers best defensive strategies for it does cast doubt and doubt is all he needs.

As per the brothers confession, the defense can always state that they were given a deal if they "confessed" and Smollett can always state that he was still "upset" over the attack and could have made a mistake.

It just takes one juror.

yeah sure.... except

• the phone calls (which he tried to hide)
  • the brothers on video buying the stuff - so how could he have been mistaken
  • the check
  • the witness - there is one now she took a while to come forward (cuz she was smoking weed)

And there is a lot more - CPD superintendent Eddie Johnson on TV this morning said:

"Let me tell, you, Robin, there's a lot more evidence that hasn't been presented yet, that does not support the version he gave," Johnson said. "There's still a lot of physical evidence, video evidence and testimony that just simply doesn't support his version of what happened."

Anti-taxxer
AG
LisaMarie said:

I have a "friend" that posted on Facebook that it didn't hurt anyone to believe Smollett. That "survivors" should always be believed. That it is safer to err on the side of "survivors" than in the other direction. Like wtf??? He's not a survivor of anything except his own idiocy! How do people twist things up like this???

Did you ask your friend if they believe Fairfax's accusers?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FrioAg 00
AG
The 2019 "Dream Scenario" in America = prove your virtuous victimization as the hands of multiple straight white men

This is dead on accurate
johnnyblaze36
AG
vettmaster99 said:

Used to see this guy on Redeye a lot. What makes this even better is he's a lib that can't stand Trump but still has a rational brain. I bet Lemon wanted to die after the segment.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
I can't give that man and your post enough stars.

johnnyblaze36
AG
The gay community has never had it better in the history of the country. Gay marriage was passed and the majority of Americans support it according to polling.

Pride parades happen all over the place and are celebrated by the mainstream media and men turn into women and win awards on ESPN.

Major brands dedicate entire months to LBGTQIA causes and somehow this coddled actress is still the victim and has no remorse for her asinine rant on Colbert.

This woman needs to be placed in a mental institution alongside Jussie after he gets out of prison.

Quote:

I ask you not to question our pain, not to draw into question our trauma, but to maintain, wholeheartedly, that hate violence exists. The merits of one case should not and cannot call that into question. The media coverage does not convey the reality and totality of the cruelty and danger we face. This is the story that must be told.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ellen-page-jussie-smollett-fallout-guest-column-1191006?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

BQ_90
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

The gay community has never had it better in the history of the country. Gay marriage was passed and the majority of Americans support it according to polling.

Pride parades happen all over the place and are celebrated by the mainstream media and men turn into women and win awards on ESPN.

Major brands dedicate entire months to LBGTQIA causes and somehow this coddled actress is still the victim and has no remorse for her asinine rant on Colbert.

This woman needs to be placed in a mental institution alongside Jussie after he gets out of prison.

Quote:

I ask you not to question our pain, not to draw into question our trauma, but to maintain, wholeheartedly, that hate violence exists. The merits of one case should not and cannot call that into question. The media coverage does not convey the reality and totality of the cruelty and danger we face. This is the story that must be told.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ellen-page-jussie-smollett-fallout-guest-column-1191006?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

actually what Jessie did is a hoax. Not admitting it is only hurting your argument ellen.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Violent crime certainly exists, especially in Chicago. It's wrong regardless of the victim. Engaging in gay sex does not make your cause or opinion special, Ellen.
ironmanag
AG
The fact that anyone listens to Ellen Page shows just how far journalism has fallen.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Squadron7
AG
ironmanag said:

The fact that anyone listens to Ellen Page shows just how far journalism has fallen.

True dat. Why listen to Ellen Page when you have available the cast of Hamilton for political commentary?
Prosperdick
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Quote:

You silly twit, nobody is claiming hate violence doesn't occur or isn't real. We're just contending it doesn't occur anywhere NEAR what you claim, especially attributing it to some mystical empowerment Trump has given to all the millions and millions of homophobic racist boogeymen that it's open season on Page and her ilk.

Boo Weekley
Man, talk about a 5-head. Girl's head so big she gotta step into her shirts in the morning. Who needs movies when you can dream in widescreen? Excuse me ma'am, my internet is down, could I use your head?

This lady is just miserable and wants everyone else to be miserable as well. She is always giving off depressing vibes. Would be horrible to be around her. Most lesbians I have hung out with have been happy, good timin' gals.
wbt5845
AG
I wonder if Ellen Page taps the brakes like that when someone shoots up a school?
stetson
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

You need look no further than ANTIFA for hate violence, Ellen.
lil99chris
AG
Why should I care about a Canadian's opinion on American issues?
Squadron7
AG
I finally had to look up this Ellen Page.

I've actually seen movies she was in....and I still can't remember her.
JJxvi
AG
I've been watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix. It's actually impressive how many no-name nobodies can outperform the "star." Pretty awful performance.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Man, talk about a 5-head. Girl's head so big she gotta step into her shirts in the morning. Who needs movies when you can dream in widescreen? Excuse me ma'am, my internet is down, could I use your forehead?

This lady is just miserable and wants everyone else to be miserable as well. She is always giving off depressing vibes. Would be horrible to be around her. Most lesbians I have hung out with have been happy, good timin' gals.
Fixed. Literally spit my drink out after reading, haha. good on you sir.
agent-maroon
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Man, talk about a 5-head. Girl's head so big she gotta step into her shirts in the morning. Who needs movies when you can dream in widescreen? Excuse me ma'am, my internet is down, could I use your head?

She's Canadian... hmmm, French Canadian perhaps?

Are her parents named "Beldar" & "Prymaat" who immigrated from Remulak (a small town in France)?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prosperdick
AG
agent-maroon said:

Boo Weekley said:

Are her parents named "Beldar" & "Prymaat" who immigrated from Remulak (a small town in France)?

I don't know but they should have named her Blank.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think she and people with her mindset are afraid that after this, and the multitude of other high profile events like it, people will just start assuming all claims of assault or harassment by LGB people will be labeled as hoaxes. Unfortunately, they tend to catastrophize this and thus fail to get their point across because that is exactly what is happening.

Every time I hear about some gay person being assaulted, I find myself immediately assuming it's a hoax unless there is already incontrovertible proof to the contrary. Why? There are simply a lot of people like Jussie Smollette creating hoax crimes because they're afraid their movement may lose momentum after actually achieving its goals of equality. With so many high profile hoaxes, it's all we see and it influences or mental models to the point that since most previous incidents we were exposed to were hoaxes, we assume the next one was too. That said, there is nothing wrong with being skeptical and forming a critical opinion on individual events.

In some ways these people need the controversy because their personal identity has been built around it for so long, and it's given them purpose. The idea of moving on because they got what they wanted is so scary and foreign that it can't be entertained by their mind. Celebrating victory would be as bad as suffering defeat.

That sets them back when real events happen. I actually read some of her op-ed, and I understand where she is coming from. There are certainly still hateful people out there who just can't keep their opinions to themselves. LGB people suffer indignities all the time, like everyone else, but the vast majority, like everyone else, are simply the bigger person and walk away. I somewhat doubt the narrative that "homophobia" is on the rise, but by that same token I don't doubt it exists either.

It's that last part where people like Ellen Page get concerned. It's a very real possibility, thanks to people like jussie, that the rest of us begin to believe that it doesn't. Is it worth hunting down and stamping out ideologically? No. If people want to be hateful a-holes, then let them. Eventually their demeanor will segregate them from the rest of us anyway. However, we would be doing a disservice ignoring their existence.

Why do I say that? Because many on the left do a disservice by ignoring the existence of violent leftist groups, anti-Christian bias and harassment from the LGB crowd, and many other equivalent incidents. They have convinced themselves of a certain righteousness and the diminutiveness of such events. Adopting that same mindset closes the door on civility, critical discussion, and cooperation. It would make the right just as guilty as the left in the polarization and the fracturing of American society. I would hate for that to be the case.
ballchain
Squadron7
AG
Prosperdick said:

agent-maroon said:

Boo Weekley said:

I don't know but they should have named her Blank.

She used to work for a drive inn movie theater.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MooreTrucker
AG
Your post is all very well-said, but I think this part needs to be repeated:

Quote:

Why do I say that? Because many on the left do a disservice by ignoring the existence of violent leftist groups, anti-Christian bias and harassment from the LGB crowd, and many other equivalent incidents. They have convinced themselves of a certain righteousness and the diminutiveness of such events. Adopting that same mindset closes the door on civility, critical discussion, and cooperation. It would make the right just as guilty as the left in the polarization and the fracturing of American society. I would hate for that to be the case.
It's the hypocrisy of what you mention that drives me away from any kind of thought of reconciliation with libs. Until they can see and admit that the harassment and violence comes equally, if not more, from the left side of things (yes, as Trump correctly said about Charlottesville, there are bad people on BOTH sides), I got nothin' for 'em.
FrontPorchAg
vettmaster99 said:

I love it!
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.