Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

650,835 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by agent-maroon
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6645049/Empire-star-Jussie-Smollett-hospitalized-Chicago-premeditated-homophobic-attack.html
Quote:

Empire' star Jussie Smollett was violently attacked in an apparent homophobic and racist hate crime that left him hospitalized in Chicago.

The 35-year-old, who came out as gay to Ellen in 2015, was attacked at 2am on Tuesday in Chicago by two men in ski masks, ThatGrapeJuice.Net reports.

Reports of the incident state that Smollett was walking from a local Subway sandwich shop when the two men started yelling homophobic and racial slurs to get his attention, including: 'Aren't you that f***ot "Empire" n*****?'

The two then started beating on the actor while pouring bleach on him.

A noose was said to have been tied around his neck during the attack.

Sources close to the singer told TMZ that both of the men were white and yelled that 'this is MAGA country.'

Smollett was admitted to the Northwestern Memorial Hospital but has since been released. He suffered a fractured rib, during the attack, and is said to have put up a fight when he was beaten.

Quote:

The attacks are believed to be premeditated as Smollett received a cut out letter, date stamped from January 18, stating that 'You will die black f*g.'

The Chicago Police Department is investigating the case as a racially-charged battery and assault. They are looking at nearby businesses for possible surveillance video.
I'm using the 2 day rule on this one. I'm highly skeptical that this attack was what it is being portrayed to be.
ByrdEWhiteTrash
AG
Sources close to the singer told TMZ that both of the men were white and yelled that 'this is MAGA country.'

Sources say again........
permabull
AG
titan
S

Nope. Very doubtful real ones would be where they were. Far more likely that like - what - 90% of these incidents it is actually a Leftist trying to set up a fake hate crime.
Dddfff
AG
All the other hate crimes were hoaxes. This one is for real. Seems legit.
NonReg85
AG
10 bucks says it was a sip. They have a history of bleaching and posing as a more conservative entity.
titan
S

That doesn't follow. They could have said the things and been wearing the hats. That doesn't mean its "legit" as in not arranged.
Proc92
publicity for a struggling actor or legit hate crime? hhmmmm
Maroon Dawn
AG
If unverified sources describe a situation that reads like the race baiting left's favorite fan fiction wet dream scenario then I refuse to believe a word of it.
policywonk98
AG
Cook County

75% Hillary
21% Trump

Yeah, this all makes sense
Boo Weekley
ByrdEWhiteTrash said:

No one talks like that. It's like a bad movie script.

Liberals are so dumb. Their hoaxes might not get exposed so often if they learned how the opposition actually talked.
93MarineHorn
I give this about a 5% chance of being legit.
Canyon99
Completely unacceptable and disgusting behavior, if true.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Waiting on a few certain posters to chime in on this...
titan
S
Boo Weekley said:

ByrdEWhiteTrash said:

No one talks like that. It's like a bad movie script.
That's the other clue. The more it fits an msm pre-conception (see Covington Affair) - the more likely it is like-minded (activist baiters) that are behind it.

Just will wait till more is revealed. Right now, doesn't pass the smell test.
oldarmy1
AG
Stopped reading at "Actor"
titan
S
Canyon99 said:

That's the easiest part. Should be equal opportunity floggings and incarceration for such acts.
Maroon Dawn
AG
The media will assume its all true, demand not a shred of evidence, spend a week shouting at the top of their lungs that racist white trump America strikes again....and then it will be proven false, the media will refuse to retract or apologize and instead go for "but it started a conversation!" yet again
IrishTxAggie
AG
Canyon99 said:

Agreed. But the hate crime statute is a load of **** and should either be done away with or applied to ALL violent offenses.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah... I don't believe any of this.
CanyonAg77
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Stopped reading at "Actor"
Stopped reading at "hate crime".

Otherwise, will check back in 48 hours before outraging either direction.
Flying Amoeba
AG
Probably time to stop letting those Covington guys go on field trips.
Rapier108
Not going to believe it for a second. It all sounds too perfect, exactly like every other hoax.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Didn't know there were Subways that stayed open 24/7. Guess they are making the bread for the next day.
BMX Bandit
Textbook example of 48 hour rule
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Their hoaxes might not get exposed so often if they learned how the opposition actually talked.
Are you kidding?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Actually talk to those icky conservatives?
Urban Ag
AG
I dunno man, dunno.

After the midterms in Nov, I was getting a six pack of Natural Light at the HEB by Lake Georgetown at about 11:00 PM. As I was getting in my truck I was struck in the back of the head with a blunt object. The beating was savage and continued for minutes. It was several elderly people from Sun City with walking canes wearing ski masks. They put Obama/Biden 2012 stickers on my truck, yelled "this is Hillary Country you redneck" and "we came here to turn Texas blue". Then the one in the wheelchair dumped the contents of his colostomy bag on me and they were gone. Should have known something was up when I received a letter days before made with letters clipped out of a Medicare enrollment pamphlet that read "go back to San Saba hick".

Keep your head on a swivel guys.
DevilD77
AG
So two against one. They beat him and poured bleach on him and his worst injury is one fractured rib. Why don't I buy that story?
Old Tom Morris
LOL. This story does not pass the smell test. At all
CanyonAg77
AG
DevilD77 said:

So two against one. They beat him and poured bleach on him and his worst injury is one fractured rib. Why don't I buy that story?
What?

You didn't see his discolored skin from the bleach, and the rope burns around his neck?

Come on, look at the photos!

Oh.
Wait.
There are no photos.
Never mind.
CanyonAg77
AG
Urba said:

Keep you head on a swivel guys.
True story: Was in a grocery store in Colorado. Saw a display of "cruelty-free eggs. Said out loud that I only liked eggs from abused chickens. I thought an old hippy was about to beat me with her organic carrot.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Yep.

That's our MO.

Finding gay men, staying up past our bed time, then wearing ski masks and beating them.
William K. Klingaman
Yeah, not buying it.
Urban Ag
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

Yep.

That's our MO.

Finding gay men, staying up past our bed time, then wearing ski masks and beating them.
Steve Dallas was fond of spraying them with warm beer with his fraternity buddies.

Please tell me someone gets that.
Bird Poo
AG
It's amazing that just 10 years ago this story would be wall-to-wall fake news everywhere.

Poor liberals have cried wolf so many times even very fake news doesn't believe them.
Last Page
Page 1 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.