*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

9,882,789 Views | 79729 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TyHolden
rab79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG

rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
FIDO*98*
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

annie88 said:

Holy crap, this generation.

Honesty, I remember feeling all those things a few weeks into my first FT job after college. It was the hard punch of reality that this is what it's like to be on the bottom of the corporate pyramids.

Of course, I didn't necessarily cry about it, or feel the need to tell the whole world about how much I hated it. That's definitely a generational difference.

Of course - after it sunk in and I evaluated all my options, I decided not to run away. I looked up at the top of those pyramids and realized not everyone had the same experiences there - and I decided to double down, and climb. My thought was "since I hate this but I need it, I'm going to succeed at it to a higher level and get out early."

I showed up earlier, I stayed later, and overdressed by 1 level at all times. I took initiative to try things that weren't asked of me. I asked people to teach me what they did and how it all worked. I built relationships across the companies I worked at and across the indistries.

Today I've hit the milestones that I could retire well, and stupid early. But guess what? I LOVE my job today, and don't even want to retire yet.

I feel empathy for what she's going through, but I hope she's got great mentors who can help her see all the options and the long game. The successful people will take control of the situation, not feel trapped by it.

When I was at A&M I'd wake up in the 5:00 hour, go to morning formation/PT, hit morning classes, work a lunch shift, study or afternoon class, evening formation (or 2nd shift), and study or hit the bag. Worked most Friday and Saturday nights and many Sundays.

When I went went to work a real job after A&M, I'd get in before 8:00 and rarely left before 6:00. It was practically a vacation and holy moly…..free weekends! It felt like I had all the time in the world.

Fast forward 25+ years and the hard work in the early part of my career has put me at the top of my industry today. I'd be a fool to retire and would likely have less fun because I love what I'm doing as well
Tanya 93

MR Gadsden
Tanya with the slam dunk!
Reload8098
AG
FIDO*98* said:

FrioAg 00 said:

annie88 said:

Honesty, I remember feeling all those things a few weeks into my first FT job after college. It was the hard punch of reality that this is what it's like to be on the bottom of the corporate pyramids.

Of course, I didn't necessarily cry about it, or feel the need to tell the whole world about how much I hated it. That's definitely a generational difference.

Of course - after it sunk in and I evaluated all my options, I decided not to run away. I looked up at the top of those pyramids and realized not everyone had the same experiences there - and I decided to double down, and climb. My thought was "since I hate this but I need it, I'm going to succeed at it to a higher level and get out early."

I showed up earlier, I stayed later, and overdressed by 1 level at all times. I took initiative to try things that weren't asked of me. I asked people to teach me what they did and how it all worked. I built relationships across the companies I worked at and across the indistries.

Today I've hit the milestones that I could retire well, and stupid early. But guess what? I LOVE my job today, and don't even want to retire yet.

I feel empathy for what she's going through, but I hope she's got great mentors who can help her see all the options and the long game. The successful people will take control of the situation, not feel trapped by it.

When I was at A&M I'd wake up in the 5:00 hour, go to morning formation/PT, hit morning classes, work a lunch shift, study or afternoon class, evening formation (or 2nd shift), and study or hit the bag. Worked most Friday and Saturday nights and many Sundays.

When I went went to work a real job after A&M, I'd get in before 8:00 and rarely left before 6:00. It was practically a vacation and holy moly…..free weekends! It felt like I had all the time in the world.

Fast forward 25+ years and the hard work in the early part of my career has put me at the top of my industry today. I'd be a fool to retire and would likely have less fun because I love what I'm doing as well
I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. I have friends and siblings that have raised some whiners that think the world is deeply interested in their issues. Her parents definitely did her a disservice. I started mowing yards at age 10. We moved to San Diego at the end of my freshmen year and the best job I could find was shining shoes in a barber shop, so I did that. We moved to Arlington, TX the next year and I worked at Six Flags. I felt LUCKY that they didn't limit how many hours you could work in a week. I often worked 100 hours a week and a few times hit the 120 mark with no overtime.
Drove a shuttle bus at A&M and worked in the library. My last two years I worked as a Police Office in the summer and on my days off I was the maitenance man at an apt. complex. I worked Christmas break, spring break, blah, blah, blah. Despite all that I raised plenty of hell and had a great time in school.
Never borrowed a dollar and made it through debt free.
I never felt sorry for myself.
My parents were always there if I needed them but they taught me to stand on my own two feet and I respect and love them for it.

Suck it up buttercup.

Matt Hooper
AG
Golf Clap.
Really impressive.
Hooper Drives the Boat
captkirk
AG
Ag83
AG
aggiepanic95
AG
annie88 said:

Wood
annie88
AG
rab79 said:

shocked, I'm shocked I tell you...

Got more attention than Obama's dead chef.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Ag83
AG
DamnGood86
AG
You guys sound like Monty Python'a skit about the Four Yorkshiremen.

Did anyone live in a rolled up newspaper?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
justcallmeharry said:

I wished the answer was bullets.
annie88
AG
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Fight Fight Fight.
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG

(if only this was posted before yesterday's vote)
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG

You gotta love bidenomics.
This meme is already outdated. We're now over 8 percent mortgages with rates poised to go even higher.
nortex97
AG
Ag83
AG
annie88
AG
Not funny.

Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Aggie12B said:

Rollo!
Fight Fight Fight.
CoppellAg93
AG
Biz Ag
AG
GeorgiAg
AG
Biz Ag said:

welp now there's coffee all over my computer screen
Biz Ag
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1847 of 2279

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.