*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

9,882,753 Views | 79729 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TyHolden
Ag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoppellAg93
AG
justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
justcallmeharry
S
annie88
AG
Holy crap, this generation.

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Supporting "reproductive health" by coming out in support of the baby killing terrorists.

That's Joe Biden levels of dumb right there

And they're still not understanding that in Palestine, they would most likely be thrown off a building for being gay.

There has always been dumb people in the United States, but we are at a level of such sheer stupidity between this kind of crap, made up climate ****, a president that is a babbling idiot and a party that literally values illegal immigrants and terrorists over American citizens.
Fight Fight Fight.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
annie88 said:

This has nothing to do with a generations work habits.

It has everything to do with a crazy B on her period.
annie88
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

annie88 said:

This has nothing to do with a generations work habits.

It has everything to do with a crazy B on her period.

Yes, these are just random weirdos, I get that, but in general, many in this generation not wanting to drive at 16 and not understanding that they have to pay dues isn't unusual.

There are a lot of good kids out there too. Don't get me wrong, but this is been one of the most coddled generations ever and I don't think they really understand what's coming for them in real life.

Saw one other day about a girl *****ing because she couldn't get $150,000 job right out of school because school 'was her experience'.
Fight Fight Fight.
CanyonAg77
AG
Handcuffs?

More like 9mm, .45, .223, 30-06
FrioAg 00
AG
annie88 said:

Honesty, I remember feeling all those things a few weeks into my first FT job after college. It was the hard punch of reality that this is what it's like to be on the bottom of the corporate pyramids.

Of course, I didn't necessarily cry about it, or feel the need to tell the whole world about how much I hated it. That's definitely a generational difference.

Of course - after it sunk in and I evaluated all my options, I decided not to run away. I looked up at the top of those pyramids and realized not everyone had the same experiences there - and I decided to double down, and climb. My thought was "since I hate this but I need it, I'm going to succeed at it to a higher level and get out early."

I showed up earlier, I stayed later, and overdressed by 1 level at all times. I took initiative to try things that weren't asked of me. I asked people to teach me what they did and how it all worked. I built relationships across the companies I worked at and across the indistries.

Today I've hit the milestones that I could retire well, and stupid early. But guess what? I LOVE my job today, and don't even want to retire yet.

I feel empathy for what she's going through, but I hope she's got great mentors who can help her see all the options and the long game. The successful people will take control of the situation, not feel trapped by it.
Ag83
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
aftershock
FrioAg 00 said:

annie88 said:

Honesty, I remember feeling all those things a few weeks into my first FT job after college. It was the hard punch of reality that this is what it's like to be on the bottom of the corporate pyramids.

Of course, I didn't necessarily cry about it, or feel the need to tell the whole world about how much I hated it. That's definitely a generational difference.

Of course - after it sunk in and I evaluated all my options, I decided not to run away. I looked up at the top of those pyramids and realized not everyone had the same experiences there - and I decided to double down, and climb. My thought was "since I hate this but I need it, I'm going to succeed at it to a higher level and get out early."

I showed up earlier, I stayed later, and overdressed by 1 level at all times. I took initiative to try things that weren't asked of me. I asked people to teach me what they did and how it all worked. I built relationships across the companies I worked at and across the indistries.

Today I've hit the milestones that I could retire well, and stupid early. But guess what? I LOVE my job today, and don't even want to retire yet.

I feel empathy for what she's going through, but I hope she's got great mentors who can help her see all the options and the long game. The successful people will take control of the situation, not feel trapped by it.

Whoa whoa whoa… This is way too levelheaded of a response and had far too little name calling for this board.
nu awlins ag
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

annie88 said:

I worked over 80 hours a week, weekends, nights, holidays, in the rain and cold and this was AFTER graduating from A&M. Oil field in the day was hard training, but I was excited to actually make money. That chic mostly likely never worked as much as a part time summer job. Her attitude is that of an entitled person.
HunterAggie
captkirk said:

You don't get any more ironic or funnier than this.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Demosthenes81
AG

Ag83
AG
annie88
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

annie88 said:

I remember having a tough time adjusting to being at work for nine hours a day plus commuting which was closer to 11. It's just broken up very differently from school and part time jobs, and such. So there is an adjustment. And maybe she'll get through it.

In the mid to late 90s I worked very long hours like 80+ a week most weekends it was for a big six firm. Most of my other jobs definitely weren't 40 hours but they were nowhere near that, maybe closer to 60. And when I started it off, it was nothing like that.

Hell, in my 20s I could still manage to go to work go out at night and go back the next day. Sometimes hung over, but I did it.

But I never remember breaking down over it. I just realized that this was the next stage of life.

I took an early retirement not because I hated my job, but because I could do it, and I love being retired.

But with the access to social media and being able to post everything about yourself I guess this is what we see now.

When you go through 12 years of school, college and then possibly graduate school you're always going towards a goal but a lot of times they don't think about what it's going to be once they get there. And it is rarely what they think.

She might adjust and things might be fine or she might not but I just feel like our generation had the 'pay your dues' mentality. Where as I don't see that as much with this one, but again, this is just one girl on social media.

But when I used to work on campus, I would be walking different places, and I heard some very interesting conversations from college students. I'd often shake my head like WTF? Just their naivete and cluelessness about life, but then I had to remind myself how young they were.

It's just a different time now.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
HunterAggie said:

captkirk said:

You don't get any more ironic or funnier than this.

Do you see a lot of those on that Libs of TikTok Twitter account.

And they're always liberal people that make some statement of how horrible things under Trump or Republicans and then when Biden or a Democrat does it they're praising it.
Fight Fight Fight.
Raiderjay
MostlyHarmless
AG

rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
Epstein hung himself the same way Ukraine attacked russia and Israeli settlers massacred hamas...

rab79
AG
rab79
AG
shocked, I'm shocked I tell you...
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
rab79
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1846 of 2279

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.