*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

9,238,237 Views | 75330 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by nortex97
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh no
AG
oh no
AG
oh no
AG
oh no
AG
oh no
AG
oh no
AG
nortex97
AG

LOL @ 'worst Puerto Rican president in history.'
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Looters Spotted Trying To Enter Mar-A-Lago After Hurricane Ian
Biz Ag
AG
Biz Ag
AG
ravingfans
AG
LOTs of great follow ups on this one:

ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
Esteban du Plantier
AG
oh no said:

I'm not a climate change wacko, but this is just simply not true. They used to make the same claim about mount st helens.

You don't HAVE to believe every photo posted on Facebook.
oh no
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

but I do have to post funny political memes I see on twitter on this funny political tweets and memes thread.
oh no
AG
and every time I see that photo anywhere on the internet, I like it, because it always triggers climate change wackos to respond to it.
fasthorse05
Well then let's put it out there once a week, every week.

It will be better than the football board at 11:00 PM on Saturday night.
Aggie12B
AG

captkirk
AG
Aggie12B said:

I call B.S. Those aren't breakfast tacos
Geralt of Rivia
S
Any taco is a breakfast taco if you eat it for breakfast
Geralt of Rivia
S
BusterAg
AG

oh no said:

I'm not a climate change wacko, but this is just simply not true. They used to make the same claim about mount st helens.

I like truth.

Do you have some technical analysis I can reference? Honestly interested.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
Esteban du Plantier
AG
BusterAg said:

oh no said:

I like truth.

First, it's easy to spout bull****, but takes a lot of time to refute it. This is called Brandolini's law

I haven't researched this specific false claim in about a decade. Back then I did read quite a bit and it was obvious that volcanoes produce a small fraction of global co2, nowhere near 'the entirety of human history'.

5 seconds of googling brings me to a Reuters article:

"According to the U.S. Geological Survey ( here ), published scientific estimates of the global CO2 emissions for all on land and submarine volcanos "lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year."

This is a fraction of the CO2 produced by human activity. In 2021, the global CO2 emissions from energy combustion and industrial processes alone reached a record high of 36.3 billion tonnes (or gigatons, GT), data from the International Energy Agency (IEA) showed ( here ). A graph by the IEA tracking the increase of emissions since 1899 is viewable ( here )"

So unless you think they are lying about volcano emissions by several thousand-fold, it's obvious that volcanoes annually (much less a single eruption) could not produce 10000 times as much co2 as humanity over its history.

Consider that co2 has risen by like 100 ppm in the last century. If this one eruption produced 10000 times that much co2, we'd all be dead.

I'm on my phone at work, so can't do a much more thorough analysis.
ravingfans
AG

BusterAg said:

oh no said:

I like truth.

First, it's easy to spout bull****, but takes a lot of time to refute it. This is called Brandolini's law

I haven't researched this specific false claim in about a decade. Back then I did read quite a bit and it was obvious that volcanoes produce a small fraction of global co2, nowhere near 'the entirety of human history'.

"According to the U.S. Geological Survey ( here ), published scientific estimates of the global CO2 emissions for all on land and submarine volcanos "lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year."

This is a fraction of the CO2 produced by human activity. In 2021, the global CO2 emissions from energy combustion and industrial processes alone reached a record high of 36.3 billion tonnes (or gigatons, GT), data from the International Energy Agency (IEA) showed ( here ). A graph by the IEA tracking the increase of emissions since 1899 is viewable ( here )"

So unless you think they are lying about volcano emissions by several thousand-fold, it's obvious that volcanoes annually (much less a single eruption) could not produce 10000 times as much co2 as humanity over its history.

Consider that co2 has risen by like 100 ppm in the last century. If this one eruption produced 10000 times that much co2, we'd all be dead.

interesting--but how do we know the accuracy of climate measurements in 1899 or 1922 (100 years ago)? are we using the same instruments, or at least the same measuring standards? what was the measurement process then, or did someone just eyeball it and do a WAG?

One of the measurements is simply how dirty places like London or New York were during the coal age with industrial smoke stacks galore. compare that to today and the air would seem to be much cleaner. I say would seem to be, since I was not around until much later in the process. with the efforts to clean up emissions from ICE's some areas are actually less smoggy than 50-60 years ago.

I don't have time to do a lot of detailed research, but it makes me think twice when people are quoting statistics from 100+ years ago...
Esteban du Plantier
AG
What does 100 years ago matter?

If volcanoes produce 1% of the co2 that humans will THIS YEAR, then obviously this year volcanoes couldn't have produced 10,000 times as much as all of humanity.
buzzardb267
AG
Just post it on FaceBook....the fact checkers will be on that like chickens on a June bug!
oh no
AG
don't worry, every time you see that or similar meme on twitter, there are dozens of "scientists" on there, eager to tell you to forget about volcanos or China. What's important is that your government spends trillions on this existential threat ASAP and you need to go buy yourself a Prius.
HtownAg92
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Any taco is a breakfast taco if you eat it for breakfast
And any leftover meat from last night's dinner is suitable to be mixed with eggs and cheese and made into a taco.
nortex97
AG

BusterAg said:

oh no said:

I like truth.

First of all, yeah, sure, whatever on your math, bro.

Second, back to funny stuff;

First Page Last Page
Page 1316 of 2153

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.