*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

8,655,411 Views | 71840 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Brazos Kid
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tiktok is evil
Ag In Ok
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Tiktok is evil
annie88
AG
Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

I'm telling you, those of us that grew up in the 70s are pretty tough.

Why is that guy holding the ventriloquist dummy?
Why wouldn't he be.... it was the 70s.
Squadron7
AG
HtownAg92 said:

annie88 said:

Kid in my neighborhood tried to be Spiderman, not Mary Poppins. Broke his leg pretty bad when he couldn't stick to the wall outside the second story window. Once we saw that bone sticking out, we all hauled ass. It wasn't our fault, but we were not going to wait around for the kid to say we put him up to it (we didn't). And like someone else said, just being associated with some stunts got you a whipping, so we were gone. Selfish? Sure. But we weren't doctors.

First, do no help.
MooreTrucker
AG
MOCO9 said:

annie88 said:

That has got to be the creepiest puppet I have ever seen
When I first looked at the pic I thought it was a creepy looking kid before I realized it was a doll.
aggiedata
AG
Breath taking

Ag with kids
AG
annie88 said:

Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

Fair enough.

Probably some acid involved...
tsuag10
AG
annie88
AG
Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

Fair enough.

Probably some acid involved...
Remember, we all bought Pet Rocks and mood rings. Well, I had them.

But, since my hands are always warm, mine usually showed blue which was happy.

It was just based on body temperature.

The pet rock, though could at least talk.
Tanya 93
bonfarr
AG
Did you have those strings of beads that people would hang in door entryways in their homes? When I was a tot in the early to mid 70s it seems like everyone had them.

annie88
AG
bonfarr said:

Did you have those strings of beads that people would hang in door entryways in their homes? When I was a tot in the early to mid 70s it seems like everyone had them.

We didn't at my house, but I remember many of my friends homes having them.

And ah, all the awful 70s colors, avocado green, brown, light brown, dark brown, red brown, orange.

We had blue and green shag carpet in our main room, a brown refrigerator and then a green one and light wood paneling with terrazzo floors in the entrance. Your basic 70s home.

It was a ugly damn decade!
techno-ag
AG
annie88 said:

Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

<High pitched, crackling old man's voice>
In my day we didn't have no internet or cable TV. We lined up everybody's mattress on the street and jumped from the windows while some kid holding a dummy watched us. And we liked it, too!
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
stetson
AG
annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

And ah, all the awful 70s colors, avocado green, brown, light brown, dark brown, red brown, orange.

We had blue and green shag carpet in our main room, a brown refrigerator and then a green one and light wood paneling with terrazzo floors in the entrance. Your basic 70s home.

It really was. I'm 10 years younger than my brother and sister and have seen pictures of them in the 70's. OMG, those clothes! Yes, the ugly colors Annie describes above in addition to the butterfly collars, bell bottom jeans, platform shoes and hideous prints. It's great fun laughing at them when we look at those old pictures!
aggiehawg
AG
annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

As far as home decor, yes it was. Awful wallpaper, awful shag carpeting but you forgot one color--Harvest Gold which more closely resembled what my late brother called "baby s*** yellow."

And yes we had beads. And macrame planters. And latch hook rugs and wall hangings. My sister was ill for a year or so and home from college. She was really into latch hook, needlepoint and cross stitching. We had that crap on every wall in the house, including bathrooms.
TRADUCTOR
bonfarr said:

I've been in that home...single mom with 3 foxy daughters
Ag with kids
AG
annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

Dear god it was. I've seen pics of me from then and looking at what was was wearing...yikes.

Of course, I did own some parachute pants in HS in the 80s, so...that was self inflicted.
aggiehawg
AG
Remember these beauties?

I had a ton of those too.
bonfarr
AG
Toughskins were what I remember wearing in that period. Plaids were a big deal and I had Toughskins in all of the good 70s shades, baby blue, avocado green, rust color.

tjack16
AG
aggiehawg
AG
I was a little old for those and I didn't wear jeans at all because they were not allowed in public schools back then. Neither were pantsuits unless it was a very cold day. (Remember, I'm a Dame. Girls had stricter clothing requirements. Skirts couldn't be more than 6 inches above the knee and so on. Of course I had a growth spurt that was mostly in my legs and a skirt that was fine two weeks earlier was a no-no and I was sent home.)
annie88
AG
aggiehawg said:

Remember these beauties?

I swear that was on the cover of a Simplicity sewing pattern.
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Remember these beauties?

Is that Joe Biden?
annie88
AG
aggiehawg said:

I was a little old for those and I didn't wear jeans at all because they were not allowed in public schools back then. Neither were pantsuits unless it was a very cold day. (Remember, I'm a Dame. Girls had stricter clothing requirements. Skirts couldn't be more than 6 inches above the knee and so on. Of course I had a growth spurt that was mostly in my legs and a skirt that was fine two weeks earlier was a no-no and I was sent home.)
I didn't wear pants much at all in elementary school usually dresses because I remember I had to wear shorts underneath them if you wanted to play on the jungle gym at recess. By the time I was in junior high which would've started around 1976, I did wear pants and jeans more.

But my first job in 1989 I could not wear pants or pants suit had to be dresses, you had to wear hose, closed-toed shoes. It was about 1994 or 1995 before I could wear pants and a blouse in an office. But I did wear 3 1/2 inch heels almost every day at work which now I doubt I could stand for 30 minutes.
Ag with kids
AG
bonfarr said:

Toughskins were what I remember wearing in that period. Plaids were a big deal and I had Toughskins in all of the good 70s shades, baby blue, avocado green, rust color.

Is that a bunch of midget Yell Leaders and if so, what the **** are we supposed to hump it to?
aggiedata
AG
Me when the leadership team wanted a spontaneous virtual happy hour to check in on everyone.

bonfarr
AG
techno-ag
AG
It's even bad for superheroes.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
techno-ag
AG

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
End Of Message
AG
bonfarr said:

Tom Hagen
AG
taxpreparer
AG
stetson said:

annie88 said:

bonfarr said:

It really was. I'm 10 years younger than my brother and sister and have seen pictures of them in the 70's. OMG, those clothes! Yes, the ugly colors Annie describes above in addition to the butterfly collars, bell bottom jeans, platform shoes and hideous prints. It's great fun laughing at them when we look at those old pictures!
Hey! I resemble that remark.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
aggiehawg
AG
annie88 said:

aggiehawg said:

Remember these beauties?

I swear that was on the cover of a Simplicity sewing pattern.
Good eye because it was. When Granny squares were cool.
Tomdoss92
AG
techno-ag said:

ProgN

Just cool to watch
First Page Last Page
Page 346 of 2053

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.