Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,512,502 Views | 49272 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by will25u
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those still a little confused about the recent kerfluffle in the Concord case. Here's an article that explains it.

Quote:

In the criminal case against alleged Russian operativesInternet Research Agency and Concord Management and Consulting LLCa Federal judge has declared that Robert Mueller has not offered one piece of solid evidence that these defendants were involved in any way with the Government of Russia. I think this is a potential game changer.

The world of law as opposed to the world of intelligence is as different as Mercury and Mars. The intelligence community aka IC can traffic in rumor and speculation. IC "solid" intelligence may be nothing more than the strident assertion of a source who lacks actual first hand knowledge of an event. The legal world does not enjoy that kind of sloppiness. If a prosecutor makes a claim, i.e., Jack shot Jill, then said prosecutor must show that Jack owned a firearm that matches the bullets recovered from Jill's body. Then the prosecutor needs to show that Jack was with Jill when the shooting took place and that forensic evidence recovered from Jack showed he had fired a firearm. Keep this distinction in mind as you consider what has transpired in the case against the Internet Research Agency and Concord Management and Consulting.

Quote:

To understand why Judge Friedrich ruled as he (sic)* did you must understand Local Rule 57.7. That rule:
Quote:

restricts public dissemination of information by attorneys involved in criminal cases where "there is a reasonable likelihood that such dissemination will interfere with a fair trial or otherwise prejudice the administration of justice." It also authorizes the court "n a widely publicized or sensational criminal case" to issue a special order governing extrajudicial statements and other matters designed to limit publicity that might interfere with the conduct of a fair trial. . . . The rule prohibits lawyers associated with the prosecution or defense from publishing, between the time of the indictment and the commencement of trial, "[a]ny opinion as to the accused's guilt or innocence or as to the merits of the case or the evidence in the case."

In short, the US Government cannot come out and declare that Concord Management, for example, was acting on behalf or or in collaboration with the Russian Government without presenting actual evidence. A prosecutor cannot simply claim that Concord is a Putin Stooge.

*Dabney is a woman, not a man.

Quote:

The lawyers for Concord Management read the Mueller report and noted significant discrepancies between what was alleged in the original complaint and what was asserted as "fact" in the Mueller report.

On April 25, 2019, Concord filed the instant motion in which it argues that the Attorney General and Special Counsel violated Local Rule 57.7 by releasing information to the public that was not contained in the indictment. Concord's main contention is that the Special Counsel's Report, as released to the public, and the Attorney General's related public statements improperly suggested a link between the defendants and the Russian government and expressed an opinion about the defendants' guilt and the evidence against them.
Quote:

But the Judge did not stop there. He pointed out some glaring discrepancies between the Mueller Report and the actual indictment:
Quote:

The Special Counsel Report describes efforts by the Russian government to interfere with the 2016 presidential election. . . . But the indictment . . . does not link the defendants to the Russian government. Save for a single allegation that Concord and Concord Catering had several "government contracts" (with no further elaboration), id. 11, the indictment alleges only private conduct by private actors.

Quote:

Some readers will insist that Mueller and his team have actual intelligence but cannot put that in an indictment. Well boys and girls, here is a simple truthif you cannot produce evidence that can be presented in court then you do not have a case. There is that part of the Constitution that allows those accused of a crime to confront their accusers.
LINK

And for anyone dissing a Gateway Pundit link, this is the author: Larry C. Johnson a former analyst at the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. He is the co-owner and CEO of BERG Associates, LLC
will25u
aggiehawg
AG

When pigs fly.
whatthehey78
AG
will25u said:

Makes me laugh EVERY time! Had a brother in law (now deceased) who not only looked like him but spoke with the same voice inflection and typically effervescent vocabulary. I do miss his perpetual seemingly endless humor.

Edit - word choice
captkirk
AG

cbr
AG
whatthehey78 said:

will25u said:

Makes me laugh EVERY time! Had a brother in law (now deceased) who not only looked like him but spoke with the same voice inflection and typically effervescent vocabulary. I do miss his perpetual seemingly endless humor.

Edit - word choice
Yes, i was about to say, i do not think that word means what you think it means.
will25u
I was trying to help someone that was having troubles posting that gif.
drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
I'm kind of liking this Svetlana gal. She's massively POed and wants everyone to know what really happened.
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

Whoopsie. Trump curse strikes again
drcrinum

Mueller would be crazy to testify before the House Committee.
McCabe was a bad guy & should be prosecuted for obstructing our Committee's investigation.
Mueller investigation was an obstruction trap, not an investigation.
Mueller knew there was no collusion from the start.
Steele dossier was probably not written by Steele but by Fusion GPS.
drcrinum

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/452357-top-mueller-prosecutor-zainab-ahmad-joins-law-firm-gibson-dunn

Quote:

One of former special counsel Robert Mueller's top prosecutors, Zainab Ahmad, is joining law firm Gibson Dunn as a partner.

Ahmad will work in the firm's New York office as part of Gibson Dunn's white collar defense and investigations practice, the firm announced Wednesday....

The dirty work done, she now will soon join the millionaire club...while General Flynn languishes in debt.

will25u
richardag
drcrinum said:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/452357-top-mueller-prosecutor-zainab-ahmad-joins-law-firm-gibson-dunn

Quote:

One of former special counsel Robert Mueller's top prosecutors, Zainab Ahmad, is joining law firm Gibson Dunn as a partner.

Ahmad will work in the firm's New York office as part of Gibson Dunn's white collar defense and investigations practice, the firm announced Wednesday....

The dirty work done, she now will soon join the millionaire club...while General Flynn languishes in debt.

Zainab Ahmad said, "She said she would be open to someday going back to work at the Justice Department but had no specific goal to do so.". I wonder why ( he said cynically)

Edit: changed "sarcastically" to more appropriate "cynically" )
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggiehawg
AG
Erik Prince's testimony before the Intelligence Committee is comedy gold. His exchanges with Schiff and Swallwell are hysterical. They were sooo hung up about his meeting in the Seychelles and trying to link him back to Trump that when he repeatedly said No, nope, zero and they persisted he replied, "Which part of zero do you not understand?"

And Swallwell: "When you were in Italy, did you meet with any foreign national?"

Prince: "Well, by definition the Italian I handed my passport to was a foreign national."

Swallwell: "So, that's a yes."

Long but enjoyable.
SeMgCo87
AG
captkirk said:

Just a thought...
Quote:

Section 6

1: The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States.6 They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.
So, if none of them can be served/arrested while in session, or during to/from journey, that leaves them "not" privileged from arrest while at home.

Possibly??

With all this Epstein stuff happening, could some be indictable during the recess?

RiskManager93
AG
The Constitution clearly says they can be indicted for felonies.

If any of them are connected to Epstein, whether congress is in session or not should be a moot point.
Paradise Ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Erik Prince's testimony before the Intelligence Committee is comedy gold. His exchanges with Schiff and Swallwell are hysterical. They were sooo hung up about his meeting in the Seychelles and trying to link him back to Trump that when he repeatedly said No, nope, zero and they persisted he replied, "Which part of zero do you not understand?"

And Swallwell: "When you were in Italy, did you meet with any foreign national?"

Prince: "Well, by definition the Italian I handed my passport to was a foreign national."

Swallwell: "So, that's a yes."

Long but enjoyable.

Thanks much for the link, ma'am.

Couldn't stop reading it as E. Prince just batted around Dem Rep (esp Schiff) questions like a cat with a toy. Most enjoyable.
aggiehawg
AG
Glad you liked it. The Hubs and I were rolling in laughter this morning while we were reading it.

Schiff and Swalwell are complete idiots and as you said, Prince was just toying with them after a awhile.
VegasAg86
AG
aggiehawg said:

Glad you liked it. The Hubs and I were rolling in laughter this morning while we were reading it.

Schiff and Swalwell are complete idiots and as you said, Prince was just toying with them after a awhile.
What's that joke . . .

Lawyer: So you don't really know he's dead, right?

Doctor: Well, his brain is in a jar in my office, but I suppose he could be out practicing law someplace.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

These are from a book called Disorder in the Court, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.

Q: What is your date of birth?
A: July 15th.
Q: What year?
A: Every year.

Q: How old is your son, the one living with you?
A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.
Q: How long has he lived with you?
A: Forty-five years.

Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke up that morning?
A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
Q: And why did that upset you?
A: My name is Susan.

Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
A: By death.

Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
Q: Did you check for breathing?
Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law
Lawyer jokes
drcrinum

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/ousted-uk-ambassador-leaked-us-intelligence

Quote:

Leaked U.K. diplomatic cables critical of President Trump have led Britain's ambassador, Sir Kim Darroch, to announce his departure from Washington earlier than expected. But the story is not yet concluded.

According to one current and one former U.S. government official speaking on the condition of anonymity, Darroch repeatedly leaked classified U.S. intelligence information, including highly classified information, to a journalist for a U.S.-based media outlet. The sources are consolidated by the reaction my related inquiries have received from other government officials.

These leaks are unrelated to the diplomatic cables which sparked Trump's anger and Darroch's departure.

Still, one source says that the U.S. government was so alarmed by Darroch's leaks that it launched an official investigation to find the source of the information. That source described the leaked intelligence as "very sensitive," and suggested that exigent U.S. security concerns motivated the investigation. That source says that non-U.S. government derived records showed the ambassador and journalist exchanging messages on a continuing basis. The source emphasized that these communications were not derived from U.S. government actions.

A second source, a career government official, described the leaks as "unprecedented.".....

I'll wager the intel which Darroch leaked was of such a nature as to make Trump look back when exposed in the press.

aggiehawg
AG
Long but interesting article about Stephan Halpers work(?) for the DOD's Office of Net Assessment. Apparently the Inspector General for DOD has done some investigating of the activities of that office.

Sounds like quite a scam. The report stays away from any of the Papadop/Carter Page stuff. Nor does it suggest that ONA's funding of Halper was for secret purposes such as being paid for spying purposes.

LINK
aggiehawg
AG
Hhhmm.

Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
ANSC Ag
AG
What doc is that from? Seems like a Boom.
aggiehawg
AG
ANSC Ag said:

What doc is that from? Seems like a Boom.
Ty Clevenger's latest suit on behalf of Ed Butowsky.
FriscoKid
AG
This might need its own thread.
Bird Poo
AG
Secolobo said:

Donna should never be allowed another job associated with politics or journalism. Her cover up single handily started the Russia! hoax.
Rockdoc
AG
Maybe I'm not up to speed but that seems huge to me!
will25u
Is this just something alleged, or is it provable?
Sarge 91
AG
will25u said:

It is just alleged in a Federal Complaint. Not sworn evidence.
FJB
AG
Talmabout
VegasAg86
AG
Sarge 91 said:

will25u said:

True, but that seems like too specific of an allegation to have been made up out of thin air. I would think they at least have a person making the claim that is what happened. It's huge if they can prove it.
aggiehawg
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Sarge 91 said:

will25u said:

True, but that seems like too specific of an allegation to have been made up out of thin air. I would think they at least have a person making the claim that is what happened. It's huge if they can prove it.
It's Butowsky's version of events as to how he became involved with the Rich family and why.
First Page Last Page
Page 868 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.