Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,513,095 Views | 49272 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by will25u
hawk1689
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assange has stated that it wasn't the Russians and has made implications that it was Seth Rich. He hasn't to my knowledge made any affirmative statements about who the leaker was.
aggiehawg
AG
FWIW.

captkirk
AG
aggiehawg said:

FWIW.

Hmmmmmm
Rockdoc
AG
Just curious. Is there a reason we should believe this?
aggiehawg
AG
Rockdoc said:

Just curious. Is there a reason we should believe this?
He's kind of hit and miss. But on the third anniversary of the Comey Hillary presser, it would be poetic if the great unraveling started to occur.
pagerman @ work
AG
drcrinum said:

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2019/06/27/crowdstrikeout_muellers_own_report_undercuts_its_core_russia-meddling_claims.html

Quote:

...But a close examination of the report shows that none of those headline assertions are supported by the report's evidence or other publicly available sources. They are further undercut by investigative shortcomings and the conflicts of interest of key players involved:
  • The report uses qualified and vague language to describe key events, indicating that Mueller and his investigators do not actually know for certain whether Russian intelligence officers stole Democratic Party emails, or how those emails were transferred to WikiLeaks.
  • The report's timeline of events appears to defy logic. According to its narrative, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange announced the publication of Democratic Party emails not only before he received the documents but before he even communicated with the source that provided them.
  • There is strong reason to doubt Mueller's suggestion that an alleged Russian cutout called Guccifer 2.0 supplied the stolen emails to Assange.
  • Mueller's decision not to interview Assange a central figure who claims Russia was not behind the hack suggests an unwillingness to explore avenues of evidence on fundamental questions.
  • U.S. intelligence officials cannot make definitive conclusions about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee computer servers because they did not analyze those servers themselves. Instead, they relied on the forensics of CrowdStrike, a private contractor for the DNC that was not a neutral party, much as "Russian dossier" compiler Christopher Steele, also a DNC contractor, was not a neutral party. This puts two Democrat-hired contractors squarely behind underlying allegations in the affair a key circumstance that Mueller ignores.
  • Further, the government allowed CrowdStrike and the Democratic Party's legal counsel to submit redacted records, meaning CrowdStrike and not the government decided what could be revealed or not regarding evidence of hacking.
  • Mueller's report conspicuously does not allege that the Russian government carried out the social media campaign. Instead it blames, as Mueller said in his closing remarks, "a private Russian entity" known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA).
  • Mueller also falls far short of proving that the Russian social campaign was sophisticated, or even more than minimally related to the 2016 election. As with the collusion and Russian hacking allegations, Democratic officials had a central and overlooked hand in generating the alarm about Russian social media activity.
  • John Brennan, then director of the CIA, played a seminal and overlooked role in all facets of what became Mueller's investigation: the suspicions that triggered the initial collusion probe; the allegations of Russian interference; and the intelligence assessment that purported to validate the interference allegations that Brennan himself helped generate. Yet Brennan has since revealed himself to be, like CrowdStrike and Steele, hardly a neutral party -- in fact a partisan with a deep animus toward Trump....

Regardless of what he was empowered to do, Mueller was never interested in anything other than collusion (which he likely knew almost as soon as he was assigned was a non-starter) and finding something to provide congress with a basis for impeachment. The Russian investigation was a means to an end and nothing more.
aggiehawg
AG
Totally unrelated but a gal can dream.

Quote:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton withdrew from the cybersecurity conference where she was scheduled to be the keynote speaker, citing an "unforeseen circumstance," according to an email from the FireEye Cyber Defense Summit.

Clinton who infamously transmitted classified information over a homemade server once housed in her bathroom was the centerpiece of the October 9-10 summit in Washington, where Clinton was to have "engage[d] in a Q&A discussion with FireEye CEO, Kevin Mandia on the geopolitical landscape and its implications for global cyber security today."
LINK
Ulysses90
AG
aggiehawg said:

Totally unrelated but a gal can dream.

Quote:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton withdrew from the cybersecurity conference where she was scheduled to be the keynote speaker, citing an "unforeseen circumstance," according to an email from the FireEye Cyber Defense Summit.

Clinton who infamously transmitted classified information over a homemade server once housed in her bathroom was the centerpiece of the October 9-10 summit in Washington, where Clinton was to have "engage[d] in a Q&A discussion with FireEye CEO, Kevin Mandia on the geopolitical landscape and its implications for global cyber security today."
LINK
Imagine that, the Kardashian sister has cancelled her gala presentation on the importance of chastity and celibacy.
Long Live Sully
AG
Quote:

"unforeseen circumstance federal indictment,"

We can always hope.
drcrinum

Quote:

Key witnesses sought for questioning by Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz early in his investigation into alleged government surveillance abuse have come forward at the 11th hour, Fox News has learned.

Sources familiar with the matter said at least one witness outside the Justice Department and FBI started cooperating -- a breakthrough that came after Attorney General William Barr ordered U.S. Attorney John Durham to lead a separate investigation into the origins of the bureau's 2016 Russia case that laid the foundation for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe....

Doesn't say who or what is involved. It's apparently not the Kavalec memo which surfaced several months ago.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Key witnesses sought for questioning by Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz early in his investigation into alleged government surveillance abuse have come forward at the 11th hour, Fox News has learned.

Sources familiar with the matter said at least one witness outside the Justice Department and FBI started cooperating -- a breakthrough that came after Attorney General William Barr ordered U.S. Attorney John Durham to lead a separate investigation into the origins of the bureau's 2016 Russia case that laid the foundation for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe....
Former employees can brush off Horowitz. But they can't ignore Durham and a grand jury subpoena.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Former employees can brush off Horowitz. But they can't ignore Durham and a grand jury subpoena.

Suppose it was Steele who decided to cooperate? If Durham were to formally subpoena Steele, that would create an earthquake in the UK as it would led to public exposure of the UK's involvement in SpyGate. So one of Durham's lackeys has an unofficial communication with Steele, inquiring about voluntary testimony but implying the big stick of a formal subpoena was being considered. What would Steele do? Quiet behind-the-scenes testimony & immunity versus adverse publicity & a ruined reputation in the intel world.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

Suppose it was Steele who decided to cooperate? If Durham were to formally subpoena Steele, that would create an earthquake in the UK as it would led to public exposure of the UK's involvement in SpyGate. So one of Durham's lackeys has an unofficial communication with Steele, inquiring about voluntary testimony but implying the big stick of a formal subpoena was being considered. What would Steele do? Quiet behind-the-scenes testimony & immunity versus adverse publicity & a ruined reputation in the intel world.
Steele's financial and professional prospects have to be bleak. One (possible) way out ... immunity and come clean ... then do a big $ book deal.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

aggiehawg said:

Steele only decided to cooperate with the IG when Trump was on his State Visit with the Queen. Not a coincidence
Eagle2020
AG
aggiehawg said:

FWIW.

I hope the Fourth celebration was Trump's symbol to us that this great country will not allow this travesty to go unpunished and stuff is about to start happening.
drcrinum

whatthehey78
AG
Sat PM thought. Anyone else worn out from the endless hype? This poster has settled into a rock-solid funk regarding "justice is coming", "any day now", "two weeks", "this weekend", "Big boom", "bad guys gonna go down", etc., etc., ad nausea-um. I'm almost to the point I surmise that we're simply being duped and the Justice System we have, has become a joke by deliberate design.

Makes one wonder...do we continue to believe good will prevail, or just ride the wave until the coming tsunami is over? Patience tank - - EMPTY!

Hoping your Sat. isn't as seemingly dark as mine.
MooreTrucker
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Sat PM thought. Anyone else worn out from the endless hype? This poster has settled into a rock-solid funk regarding "justice is coming", "any day now", "two weeks", "this weekend", "Big boom", "bad guys gonna go down", etc., etc., ad nausea-um. I'm almost to the point I surmise that we're simply being duped and the Justice System we have, has become a joke by deliberate design.

Makes one wonder...do we continue to believe good will prevail, or just ride the wave until the coming tsunami is over? Patience tank - - EMPTY!

Posted this on the Q thread, but it fits here too...

It all seems to be for naught at this point. Idiots like Kamala Harris and AOC are driving the narrative and nothing that Trump is doing seems to be making any impact at all, in fact taking steps backward.

If there's gonna be a BOOM it needs to happen soon or it will be more of a fizzle.
DeWrecking Crew
Never let a good controversy go to waste...justice will prevail as Trump gets into full campaign mode, timing is everything
ccatag
AG
I am of the mind that Inspector General Horowitz report on the FISA abuse is what needs to occur to establish the facts basis. Much is waiting on that happening. It has been frustrating waiting but it will reveal much to the public.

Once Horowitz drops his report I believe justice will be unleashed and have its day.
whatthehey78
AG
ccatag said:

I am of the mind that Inspector General Horowitz report on the FISA abuse is what needs to occur to establish the facts basis. Much is waiting on that happening. It has been frustrating waiting but it will reveal much to the public.

Once Horowitz drops his report I believe justice will be unleashed and have its day.
I concur...BUT it was just yesterday or the day before that media was reporting further delays due to witnesses who had refused to respond in the past, were now coming forward and wanting to testify. I simply don't believe what I read or hear anymore. "Soon" is becoming a term that seemingly implies "sometime" (?) in our lifetime.
aggiehawg
AG
ccatag said:

Pretty sure Steele's interview with Horowitz has already happened and that meant Horowitz had to go back and re-interview some witnesses because of what he said.

And the former employee who recently agreed to voluntarily speak with Horowitz is Kahleen Kavalec, the State Department Deputy who alerted the FBI that Steele was FOS ten days before the Carter Page FISA warrant was obtained. She not only noted there was no Russian Consulate in Miami but also that Michael Cohen had never been in Prague. Another false allegation Steele had made. (At State, she would have access to travel records and passport data.)

I'm not happy about this, though.

Quote:

In the background of what was The Mueller Investigation, there was a FOIA case where the FBI was fighting to stop the release of the Comey memos. Within that courtroom fight Mueller's lead FBI agent David Archey wrote a series of declarations to the court describing the content of the memos and arguing why they should be kept classified.

The FOIA fight shifted. The plaintiffs argued for public release of the content of the FBI agent's descriptions, now known as the "Archey Declarations".

After a lengthy back-and-forth legal contest, on June 7th Judge James E Boasberg agreed to allow the FBI to keep the Comey memo content hidden, but instructed the DOJ/FBI to release the content of the Archey Declarations.

Today, the U.S. Department of Justice -under Attorney General Bill Barr- while waiting until the last minute (28 days since prior ruling), filed a motion [full pdf below] to block the release of the Archey Declarations, despite the June 7th court order.
More here
Nosmo
AG
whatthehey78 said:

When I have those days on this thread topic, this song comes to mind:

cbr
AG
Aaaaand epstein gets arrested. This could be huge.
lead
For the less informed, what's the connection to russia/mueller??
cbr
AG
lead said:

For the less informed, what's the connection to russia/mueller??
Epstein can turn on a number of players. He seems to be a potential pivot on the whole false narrative.
will25u

ETA. The article is over a year old, but it ties the knot with Mueller.
TexAgs91
AG
will25u said:

ETA. The article is over a year old, but it ties the knot with Mueller.

And the cover ups just keep on going...

ETA: just saw that you said this was a year old... Hope the arrest sticks!
will25u
Will Mueller still testify now? I'm thinking we may have our get out of committee card.
Rapier108
Seeing how Epstein's arrest is out of the SDNY, I would not trust them to do anything without an ulterior motive which protects the Clintons and targets Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
will25u
To go along with the tweet I posted earlier.

Whens lunch
AG
Well, I guess that clears up any accusations of Trump and hijinks with Epstein. Good reminder that Mueller brought Epstein in and "struck a deal" for his testimony.

If Epstein had provided anything on Trump, you know that Mueller or someone in his band would have leaked to the press and eventually dedicated a couple hundred pages to it in the Mueller Report.
Not when I'm done with it.
drcrinum

The above is a current interesting thread by Techno_Fog. I have requested a threadreader on it, but it's not coming up. Threadreader app has been on Twitter's hit list of late. You'll have to click on the tweet and read it on Twitter.

Here is another interesting Techno_Fog thread on Epstein as relates to Mueller:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/999708976936767488.html

Here are some more interesting threads about Epstein:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1112476629895446529.html

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/933426092173643784.html
will25u
Rapier108 said:

Seeing how Epstein's arrest is out of the SDNY, I would not trust them to do anything without an ulterior motive which protects the Clintons and targets Trump.

I don't know how credible the people I follow on Twitter are, but supposedly the Public Corruption Unit which has the case is not corrupt(or not as corrupt) as the main DA whatever office. Guess we shall see.

will25u
First Page Last Page
Page 862 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.