Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,513,194 Views | 49272 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by will25u
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

As you can see, the WaPo has just published a big stinker on Mifsud by attempting to provide cover for Mueller & the FBI's EC for Crossfire Hurricane. Everybody knew that Mifsud was NOT a Russian asset. I agree with Bongino that something is about to be declassified.
Aaaand, Mifsud has never been a Russian agent.

Aaaand, Mueller, Weissmann, Rosenstein are still fecal matter and full of it.
will25u
I honestly do agree that Mueller was nothing but a figurehead. And didn't do hardly anything with the report. It was all Weissman and the others.

The open session with Mueller won't be too interesting. He will dodge most of the Republican questions while trying to do some damage with the Democrats. THE most important part will be the Weissman behind closed doors testimony. The Democrats will just run with whatever they want since there will be no way to go against it.

My only hope is something big drops before the 17th which makes all the testimony go away by either Mueller and team won't show up, or the House committees cancel it.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

THE most important part will be the Weissman behind closed doors testimony. The Democrats will just run with whatever they want since there will be no way to go against it.

My only hope is something big drops before the 17th which makes all the testimony go away by either Mueller and team won't show up, or the House committees cancel it.
Weissmann will be lying his ass off. He's stood in court and has done it repeatedly.
drcrinum

https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/01/heres-republicans-ask-robert-mueller-testifies/

Every Republican member on Nadler's committee should read this before the testimony by Mueller & Weissmann on July 17-18.
BQ78
AG
Excellent, I hope that is just what the (R) committee members do, it will be fun to watch Mueller squirm.
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG

http://www.pairclondon.net/archive/index.php/2016/07/30/deputy-chief-of-mission-elizabeth-dibble/
Can I go to sleep Looch?
fasthorse05
You know, it's completely astonishing the amount of people who will sell their soul down the river for those folks-Clintons.

I mean, there has to be well over 500 people over the last 40 years who've chosen to sit at the table of Clinton corruption. Imagine what we don't know! Now, Schneiderman was bent to start with, and apparently a fine wife beater, but there are still plenty that were sucked into the Clinton black hole.

In fact, there are so many people on that list, that there has to be SOME black mail involved. Just an observation!
fasthorse05
Tom Fitton said the DOJ, or whomever classifies the e-mails, were purposefully under classifying Clinton's e-mails so more weren't subject to breaking the law.

I don't believe there's a single issue the Obama administration missed in covering up this fiasco. It's little wonder that Trump was able to erase so much of what Obama did, except for Obamacare, because they spent so damned much time having meetings figuring out ways to avoid the laws we currently have. It's really impressive.

Attorneys who knowingly broke the law, are given immunity. Laws that would otherwise be smashed in America,, were farmed out to other countries. Yada, yada, yada. I honestly wonder how many people in the DOJ, FBI, State, NSA, CIA, and the Executive branches regularly follow the law? I'm serious.

If the American public honestly knew what the hell is going to, even today, I think they'd be overwhelmed. It'd make the protests in Hong Kong look like a July 4th parade.

will25u
https://amp.dailycaller.com/2019/07/01/john-ratcliffe-horowitz-fisa-abuse-complete

Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe said Monday that the Justice Department inspector general has finished his investigation into whether the FBI abused the surveillance court system during its investigation of the Trump campaign.

In an interview on Fox News, Ratcliffe said that he met in June with the inspector general, Michael Horowitz, to discuss the timing, but not the content, of the release of the report.

"He related that his team's investigative work is complete," said Ratcliffe, a Republican member of the House Intelligence and House Judiciary Committees.

"They are now in the process of drafting the report. I would expect that it will be a draft that will be completed in short order."

Ratcliffe said that he does not expect that the report will be made public "any time real soon," though he is hopeful it will be released before Congress breaks for its August recess.
benchmark
AG
will25u said:

"They are now in the process of drafting the report. I would expect that it will be a draft that will be completed in short order."

Ratcliffe said that he does not expect that the report will be made public "any time real soon," though he is hopeful it will be released before Congress breaks for its August recess.
On the bright side, at worse - the report's details will start trickling out throughout late Summer and into this Fall ... 3-5 months before the first primaries.
fasthorse05
In defense of Ratcliffe, the classification review was highlighted on Hannity last night. Basically, Ratcliffe intimated the delay in the report release was due to a high level of classifified docs in this particular report. It sounded like the public will only get to see maybe 50% to 75% of the report.

As usual, it's going to be like a giant redaction, but I'm hopeful there's enough to raise an eyebrow, and maybe refer 5-10 folkd to the US attorneys office. Horowitz's reports are sure cures for insomnia, but hopefully, this one will have a page,or two, that will be of interest.

Anytime you have a FISA judge say that approxmately 80% of the unmaskings were illegal, even Horowitz can hopefully find illegal actions.
aggiehawg
AG
Hey! Louie Gohmert agrees with me!

Quote:

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) called former special counsel Robert Mueller an "anal opening" ahead of the former FBI chief's public testimony before Congress.
"He's done some irreparable damage to some things and he's got to answer for them," Gohmert told Politico. He is one of 25 Republicans on the House Intelligence and Judiciary committees who get to grill Mueller during the back-to-back hearings scheduled later this month.

The Texas lawmaker added that his reading of the former special counsel's report did little to temper his animosity toward Mueller: "It reinforced the anal opening that I believe Mueller to be."
LINK
Secolobo
AG

Quote:

We must start with the Italian media's chatty references to political characterizations of Link Campus in Italy: as a sort of policy incubating center for the "Five Star Movement" which functions as a political party, although it doesn't like to call itself one and as the nexus of a "Third Republic." This is worthwhile, so stay with me.
The latter reference "Third Republic" is a specific allusion to recent Italian history, immediately recognizable to those who followed the national politics in the 1990s, and who refer to the reforms that swept Silvio Berlusconi into office in 1994 as the inauguration of the "Second Republic." (I happened to be stationed in Italy with the U.S. Navy at the time, and remember the drama well.)
The First Republic was the government cobbled together in 1946 out of the aftermath of the Mussolini years. Italy has been in the Second Republic since 1994; the reference to a "Third Republic" evokes a sense that the current agitation for reforms and change of direction is like the prelude to the Second Republic. In some ways, it's not unlike the allusion of current France-watchers to the potential for a Sixime Rpublique, or "Sixth Republic," to be emerging on the horizon.

I think the statements below and the creation in 2009 are a model for what has probably been set up globally by the previous administration. Interesting it's laid out so nicely by the Italians.

Quote:

In other words, all of the restiveness of Europe and its roiling socio-political divisions is in that reference to Link Campus being connected to the Five-Star Movement and its aspirations for the future of Italy.
The Five-Star Movement was founded by entertainment personality Beppe Grillo in 2009. The chief political representative now is Luigi Di Maio, serving in the Italian parliament as party head and a senior minister in the current government (deputy prime minister and the minister of economic development, labor, and social policies). The Five-Star Movement, the Italian Democratic Party (the DP; legacy social democrats), and the Lega Nord, or Northern League, are the principal parties in the current governing coalition.
The Five-Star Movement isn't linked to the surging "populists" in this scenario. The agenda of Di Maio and the movement he is now the front-man for started as a grab-bag of oddities and tellingly, although the movement is anti-euro (currency zone), none of those oddities is traditional national sovereignty for Italy, as Trump supporters would define it. A reasonably accurate listing of them can be found in the well-sourced Wikipedia entry:
Quote:

The "five stars" are a reference to five key issues for the party: public water, sustainable transport, sustainable development, right to Internet access, and environmentalism. The party also advocates e-democracy, direct democracy, the principle of "zero-cost politics," degrowth and nonviolence.

Can I go to sleep Looch?
akm91
AG
I'm sure there are others on both sides of the aisle that shares your sentiment but he's one of the few that would actually voice his opinion.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
will25u
captkirk
AG
will25u said:

Sounds like Clinton was colluding with Russian Oligarchs
Secolobo
AG
Ty still fighting the good fight.

http://lawflog.com/?p=2177
Can I go to sleep Looch?
drcrinum

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/451413-russian-oligarchs-story-could-spell-trouble-for-team-mueller

Quote:

..."Recent revelations by The Hill prove that the Office of Special Counsel's (OSC) claim that they had a legitimate basis to include Paul Manafort in an investigation of potential collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and the Russian government is false," Downing told me. "The failure to disclose this information to Manafort, the courts, or the public reaffirms that the OSC did not have a legitimate basis to investigate Manafort, and may prove that the OSC had no legitimate basis to investigate potential collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and the Russian government."...

Interesting read. The FBI interviewed Deripaska in September 2016, & he told them that Manafort wouldn't be representing Russian interests, knowing what he had been doing in the Ukraine...and Deripaska was on the in with Putin as well as being Manafort's (former) business buddy.
Whens lunch
AG
The seems like recycled news.

We (this forum) knew Deripraska and Manafort had worked together. We also knew that Manafort had allegedly screwed Deripraska over. We also knew that the FBI approached Deripraska to solicit his assistance and that he refused. In spite of his differences with Manafort, Derpraska said that there was no way Manafort was involved in this mess.

Now I understand the significance of the prosecution withholding exculpatory evidence, but didn't Texags know all this before Manafort's conviction?
Not when I'm done with it.
fasthorse05
I'll do my best to answer your post without facts.

I would assume all of the information gathered before has been speculation based on very strong evidence, As usual, it's what critically thinking humans use to arrive at a judgment before rock solid facts arrive. To my knowledege, we didn't have actual evidence, and still don't simply based on what Deripaska said, but it's another piece of information supporting the actions of Weissman' history as an attorney, and fits perfectly.

What I'm beginning to believe is that Mueller didn't do a hell of a lot of work as special counsel. I'm not even sure he knew all of the evidence "he" gathered was correct, or not. I kinda think he was a figure head.

Edit: For some reason, I have a feeling Mueller was the one who kept the final report from recommending action for obstruction to the House. Of course, he used wording that apparently doesn't say what it says to not recommend impeachment, but you know Weissman was a 100% supporter for impeachment. In fact, based on previous articles, he fully supported going after as many members of the Trump family as he could "legally" incriminate. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but once again, his prior actions support my comment.

Candidly, if he ends up being professionally smeared due to his incompetence, that's outstanding. The best part is there's a possibility Barr/Durhan may find predicate to review, or open the Hillary e-mail case again. Now if we can get predicate to do the same for the Clinton Foundation, then everything except Benghazi and the IRS fiasco would be investigated by honest to God investigators.
drcrinum
Several things:
1) This article is based upon an actual interview with Deripaska.
2) Agreed, we knew most of this information already, although it was based upon leaked info.
3) Mueller is set to testify on July 17. Quite a bit of new info has now come out from the Mueller Report plus additional investigations. Putting it altogether now raises a big red flag.

Manafort had been under a FISA for his Ukraine activities beginning circa 2014; it expired or was discontinued in early 2016. Sometime over the summer of 2016, Manafort was again placed under a FISA. For what reason? It's a subject apparently addressed in Rosenstein's memo to Mueller in August 2017. And remember, FISAs have to be renewed every 3 months. There are a number of things which have surfaced to indicate that Manafort shouldn't have been under a FISA: 1) The Ukrainian black ledger was bogus; 2) Kilimnik was a US State Department asset & clearly not linked to Putin/Russia; 3) Deripaska during his FBI interview stated that Manafort was not dealing with Russia. Was the FISA court appraised of these findings? Was Manafort provided with these findings? Mueller it seems ignored these findings. It smacks of FISA abuse and coverup IMO.
VegasAg86
AG
drcrinum said:

Several things:
2) Agreed, we knew most of this information already, although it was based upon leaked info.
3) Mueller is set to testify on July 17. Quite a bit of new info has now come out from the Mueller Report plus additional investigations. Putting it altogether now raises a big red flag.

Manafort had been under a FISA for his Ukraine activities beginning circa 2014; it expired or was discontinued in early 2016. Sometime over the summer of 2016, Manafort was again placed under a FISA. For what reason? It's a subject apparently addressed in Rosenstein's memo to Mueller in August 2017. And remember, FISAs have to be renewed every 3 months. There are a number of things which have surfaced to indicate that Manafort shouldn't have been under a FISA: 1) The Ukrainian black ledger was bogus; 2) Kilimnik was a US State Department asset & clearly not linked to Putin/Russia; 3) Deripaska during his FBI interview stated that Manafort was not dealing with Russia. Was the FISA court appraised of these findings? Was Manafort provided with these findings? Mueller it seems ignored these findings. It smacks of FISA abuse and coverup IMO.
I really want to know how they got the renewals. FISAs are only supposed to be renewed if they are "bearing fruit". It doesn't seem Manafort's could have shown any evidence he was a Russian agent and there is no way Page's was showing evidence he was a Russian agent, yet it was renewed 3 times. I sure hope the IG report exposes the fraud on the court. Seems to me some judges should be going ballistic over the fraud perpetrated on their courts.
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

Several things:

Good questions, all
Whens lunch
AG
Thanks guys..
When I thought about exculpatory evidence, I immediately went to his legal issues that got him in jail. But these were not "Russia" related except where one tries to connect Manafort to Russia through his Ukrainian political ties to Yanukovych as an advisor.

I didn't think about the FISA with respect to withheld exculpatory evidence.

Another takeaway for me:

While at Texags "We know stuff". Sometimes we "know" it before it's proven.

Not when I'm done with it.
ProgN
Deepin theHart80
AG
I just figured the FISA court, or least certain judges was in on this like the rest of the bunch
captkirk
AG
When he says "Get Lost", CNN reporter gets the picture

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Deepin theHart80 said:

I just figured the FISA court, or least certain judges was in on this like the rest of the bunch
Perhaps. Or just sort of willfully ignorant.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
captkirk said:

When he says "Get Lost", CNN reporter gets the picture
Probably for the best. American billionaires will just walk away from you and leave it there. Russian billionaires play by the Russian billionaire rulebook and (big hint) it ends with people they don't like being disappeared.
drcrinum

One minute video.
drcrinum

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/07/03/mueller-report-gets-the-trump-tower-meeting-wrong-promotes-browder-hoax/

I believe all of us suspect the Trump Tower meeting was a setup. One of the above tweets purports that Sater & Goldstone, allegedly Trump Allies, were acting to bring down Trump by participating in both the Steele dossier (as sources) & in setting up the Trump Tower meeting.....meaning perhaps they were FBI confidential human sources (CHS). The article discusses how Mueller misrepresented the Trump Tower meeting in his report.
drcrinum

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2019/06/27/crowdstrikeout_muellers_own_report_undercuts_its_core_russia-meddling_claims.html

Quote:

...But a close examination of the report shows that none of those headline assertions are supported by the report's evidence or other publicly available sources. They are further undercut by investigative shortcomings and the conflicts of interest of key players involved:
  • The report uses qualified and vague language to describe key events, indicating that Mueller and his investigators do not actually know for certain whether Russian intelligence officers stole Democratic Party emails, or how those emails were transferred to WikiLeaks.
  • The report's timeline of events appears to defy logic. According to its narrative, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange announced the publication of Democratic Party emails not only before he received the documents but before he even communicated with the source that provided them.
  • There is strong reason to doubt Mueller's suggestion that an alleged Russian cutout called Guccifer 2.0 supplied the stolen emails to Assange.
  • Mueller's decision not to interview Assange a central figure who claims Russia was not behind the hack suggests an unwillingness to explore avenues of evidence on fundamental questions.
  • U.S. intelligence officials cannot make definitive conclusions about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee computer servers because they did not analyze those servers themselves. Instead, they relied on the forensics of CrowdStrike, a private contractor for the DNC that was not a neutral party, much as "Russian dossier" compiler Christopher Steele, also a DNC contractor, was not a neutral party. This puts two Democrat-hired contractors squarely behind underlying allegations in the affair a key circumstance that Mueller ignores.
  • Further, the government allowed CrowdStrike and the Democratic Party's legal counsel to submit redacted records, meaning CrowdStrike and not the government decided what could be revealed or not regarding evidence of hacking.
  • Mueller's report conspicuously does not allege that the Russian government carried out the social media campaign. Instead it blames, as Mueller said in his closing remarks, "a private Russian entity" known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA).
  • Mueller also falls far short of proving that the Russian social campaign was sophisticated, or even more than minimally related to the 2016 election. As with the collusion and Russian hacking allegations, Democratic officials had a central and overlooked hand in generating the alarm about Russian social media activity.
  • John Brennan, then director of the CIA, played a seminal and overlooked role in all facets of what became Mueller's investigation: the suspicions that triggered the initial collusion probe; the allegations of Russian interference; and the intelligence assessment that purported to validate the interference allegations that Brennan himself helped generate. Yet Brennan has since revealed himself to be, like CrowdStrike and Steele, hardly a neutral party -- in fact a partisan with a deep animus toward Trump....

drcrinum

https://www.theepochtimes.com/33-key-questions-for-robert-mueller_2988876.html

Long detailed read. Jeff Carlson ought to be employed by the RNC to assist during Mueller's/Weissmann's testimonies.
VegasAg86
AG
drcrinum said:

Quote:

...But a close examination of the report shows that none of those headline assertions are supported by the report's evidence or other publicly available sources. They are further undercut by investigative shortcomings and the conflicts of interest of key players involved:
  • The report uses qualified and vague language to describe key events, indicating that Mueller and his investigators do not actually know for certain whether Russian intelligence officers stole Democratic Party emails, or how those emails were transferred to WikiLeaks.

Assange has said repeatedly the emails were physically handed over by a Democrat insider.
First Page Last Page
Page 861 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.