Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,068 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Andy McCarthy's latest

Quote:

If the idea was to give Vladimir Putin and his thug regime a new way to sabotage the United States, nice work.
Quote:

Make no mistake: This is nakedly politicized law enforcement. There is absolutely no chance any of the Russian officials charged will ever see the inside of an American courtroom. The indictment is a strictly political document by which the special counsel seeks to justify the existence of his superfluous investigation.

Oh, and by the way, the answer to the question posed above is, "Yes, it is now the official position of the United States that Russia gets our Constitution's benefit of the doubt." Here is Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announcing the Friday the 13th indictment: "In our justice system, everyone who is charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless proven guilty."

Quote:

Rosenstein made another telling remark at his big press conference. The Justice Department, he explained, will now "transition responsibility for this case to our Department's National Security Division while we await the apprehension of the defendants."

Now, stop giggling over that last part the bit where we hold our breath until Russian dictator Vladimir Putin extradites his spies into the FBI's waiting arms. I'm talking about the first part: Mueller's case, the definitive case about what Russia did to interfere in the 2016 election, is no longer Mueller's case. It is being "transitioned" i.e., buried in the Justice Department unit that deals with counterintelligence matters that do not result in public trials.
Let's read that again:

Quote:

"transitioned" i.e., buried in the Justice Department unit that deals with counterintelligence matters that do not result in public trials.
I agree with Andy--nice work, Bobby, you doofus.
benchmark
AG
Spit balling ... maybe all the bi-partisan heat on Trump after his Putin summit will result in an EO to release a few key DOJ/FBI docs?
drcrinum

hbtheduce
AG
benchmark said:

Spit balling ... maybe all the bi-partisan heat on Trump after his Putin summit will result in an EO to release a few key DOJ/FBI docs?

I think Trump could have conveyed the same message without leaving himself as open to criticism. So I dont think Trump was great. The hysteria was predictable based on Muellers indictments, so it probably didnt matter what trump said anyways.
drcrinum

Apparently Page has released some of her text messages with McCabe proving the WH was involved early on with the Trump Campaign investigation. I don't know where these messages can be viewed other than the 2 shown in this Fox Business News video.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Just like the message changed to "Of course we had spies in Trump's campaign, to protect him from Russians", this will change to "Of course the WH knew, a good POTUS should ensure a smooth transition of power".
Staff - take out the trash.
techno-ag
AG
drcrinum said:

Apparently Page has released some of her text messages with McCabe proving the WH was involved early on with the Trump Campaign investigation. I don't know where these messages can be viewed other than the 2 shown in this Fox Business News video.

Whoa. Smoking gun. Of course the media will ignore it, but it's still a smoking gun. Trump's side can definitely use this, IMO.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

Just like the message changed to "Of course we had spies in Trump's campaign, to protect him from Russians", this will change to "Of course the WH knew, a good POTUS should ensure a smooth transition of power".
it was October - they still assumed the fix/win was in.

RoscoePColtrane
DOJ has arrested Mariia Butina for FARA violations, she is a Russian National

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Information. Not a grand jury indictment.
RoscoePColtrane
Is it just me or does this Docket activity look a little suspect.?

Two days ago they file this complaint and Warrant request, and at the same time they ask it to be sealed

Then after todays Press Conference, they do an ORAL MOTION by the Government to Unseal Case and an ORAL MOTION by the Government for Temporary Detention (3-Day Hold) as to MARIIA BUTINA.

Go right out and arrest her

Quote:

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson: Initial Appearance as to MARIIA BUTINA held on 7/16/2018. Oral Motion by the Government to Unseal Case as to MARIIA BUTINA (1); heard and granted. Oral Motion by the Government for Temporary Detention (3-Day Hold) as to MARIIA BUTINA (1); heard and granted. The Government represented that the Defendant's Consular Notification was made prior to today's hearing. Preliminary/Detention Hearing set for 7/18/2018 at 01:30 PM in Courtroom 4 before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson. [Medical/Mental Health Alert issued to the D.C. Department of Corrections Medical Unit] Bond Status of Defendant: Defendant Held without Bond/ Commitment Issued; Court Reporter: FTR - Gold; FTR Time Frame: Ctrm 4 [1:41:32 - 1:50:59; (Sealed: 1:51:27 - 1:53:34); 1:53:34 - 1:54:38]; Defense Attorney: Robert Driscoll; US Attorney: Erik Kenerson and Wiliam Mackie; Pretrial Officer: Masharia Holman. (zcal) (Entered: 07/16/2018)

Why seal the case and then turn round and unseal it and arrest her if not to garner a headline?

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/crossfire-electric-exposed-fusion-gps-had-access-to-obama-fbi-surveillance-database/

Quote:

'HURRICANE ELECTRIC' Exposed: Fusion GPS Had Access To Obama FBI Surveillance Database

The FBI's "Citizen Log" program, formerly known as LifeLog, is at the center of #SpyGate and provided material for the Christopher Steele dossier. Fusion GPS had access to this government database through its operative Nellie Ohr's husband Bruce Ohr at the Justice Department.

The #SpyGate conspirators used the code name "Crossfire Hurricane" because they were all using a contractor called Hurricane Electric, which has access to all of the Barack Obama and James Comey FBI surveillance programs on private American citizens.

It is confirmed that Russians hacked the entire database when an Obama administration French contractor snuck Russian code into all of the FBI surveillance programs.

"The access to this server is a free pass to pry into anyone's life. This is where we store, collate and even plant information on someone," a high-level federal government security insider tells Big League Politics.......

Do you remember back in 2013, Maxine Waters bragged about Obama's massive database as having "information about everything on every individual in ways that it's never been done before"? This may be what this 'Citizen Log' program is. The author(s) claims that this 'Citizen Log' program was used to compile the initial 'dossier' for the initiation of the FBI investigation.

I have no idea how reliable the above info is. I posted it to see what others thought about it or if anyone else had heard anything similar.
RoscoePColtrane
Looks like Lisa Page is in CYA mode, and has throw the Obama White House under the bus releasing her texts that were previously redacted. And guess what, No national security redaction, just a cover Obama's ass redactions

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

RoscoePColtrane
I downloaded the documents the describe and it shows Strzok as the Section Chief of the Counterespionage Unit. And I think their point is they claim that there is no Counterespionage Unit in the FBI and that it actually is a unit within the CIA.

Code 7 10-42
policywonk98
AG
And the Director of the CIA during this time was whom?

Oh right. John Brennan. Hmmm....

Anyone else finding it interesting that all of these counter-intelligence people that overlap have a seemingly identicial elitist attitude toward Trump. It's almost as if it's all related somehow.
bobbranco
AG
FBI letterhead?
aggielostinETX
AG
Quote:

John Brennan, the director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), made a secret visit to Moscow in March, according to Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Oleg Syromolotov. The visit, he said, had nothing to do with Russia's decision two weeks ago to begin withdrawing from Syria.
"It's no secret that Brennan was here," Syromolotov was quoted by the Interfax news agency as saying Monday. "But he didn't visit the Foreign Ministry. I know for sure that he met with the Federal Security Service (the successor agency to the Soviet KGB), and someone else."
It wasn't clear why Brennan visited Moscow, but the trip appears to have coincided with President Vladimir Putin's surprise March 14 announcement that Russia's combat operation in Syria was ending, and Moscow would soon withdraw a portion of its forces from the country after conducting 167 air strikes.
The decision to withdraw was followed by a visit of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to Moscow last week. While in Russia, Kerry met personally with Putin and his foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov.

See items 27 and 28...

RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Schiff just makes stuff up as he goes

Code 7 10-42
Line Ate Member
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Schiff just makes stuff up as he goes

I guess we can assume why it was unsealed so quickly. Incoming, "Seeeeeee Russsia..."
drcrinum

Meanwhile...the real news is ignored; i.e., the $400 million.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

Meanwhile...the real news is ignored; i.e., the $400 million.

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
JTA1029
AG
I feel like all of this scandal is going to be too complicated for the average consumer of information to take in and understand. The dems and their MSM cohorts will obfuscate and make it seem like the GOP is on a witch hunt when this whole scandal is revealed in its entirety. They'll use it to demonize us just like Benghazi and the Clinton Email investigation.

Someone high-profile needs to lay all of this out in the simplest way possible when we have all the pieces of the puzzle put together. Hopefully Page has completely flipped and is spilling the beans on everyone involved.

I think Trump already knows way more than is public about all this. Here's to hoping he declassifies a bunch of information in the coming weeks so the case can be made before the mid-terms.
MooreTrucker
AG
drcrinum said:

On the other hand, CC, she's maybe smart enough NOT to spill the beans in order to prevent Arkancide.
drcrinum
JTA1029 said:

I feel like all of this scandal is going to be too complicated for the average consumer of information to take in and understand. The dems and their MSM cohorts will obfuscate and make it seem like the GOP is on a witch hunt when this whole scandal is revealed in its entirety. They'll use it to demonize us just like Benghazi and the Clinton Email investigation.

Someone high-profile needs to lay all of this out in the simplest way possible when we have all the pieces of the puzzle put together. Hopefully Page has completely flipped and is spilling the beans on everyone involved.

I think Trump already knows way more than is public about all this. Here's to hoping he declassifies a bunch of information in the coming weeks so the case can be made before the mid-terms.
It's too early. The prime objective is the mid-term elections. The uniformed general public will forget over a 4 month period, especially with the continual MSM barrage of disinformation. I anticipate that hammers will start falling in the 6-8 week range prior to these elections.
drcrinum

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/397172-fbi-agent-in-charge-of-election-meddling-task-force-leaves-position/

Quote:

Senior FBI official Jeffrey Tricoli has left his position overseeing a government task force that's been looking into Russian interference in U.S. elections, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Tricoli, who had been at the FBI for 18 years, reportedly left last month to take a job with Charles Schwab Corp.

His departure raises questions about how the government plans to address the issue of election meddling, particularly with the midterm elections less than four months away.

Tricoli did not respond to requests for comment by the Journal......

"So far there has not been a lot of substance yet from the task force," a congressional intelligence panel staffer told the Journal.

Maybe there isn't anything to investigate other than political smoke.
hbtheduce
AG
What is there to investigate. All the evidence has been destroyed by the "victim"
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I question the sexuality of any man who cannot identify Christina Hendricks.
Javelina
AG
It's a meme.

Javelina
AG
Javelina
AG
bmks270
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Do you think she was a spy then?
First Page Last Page
Page 530 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.