Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,223 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by aggiehawg
FbgTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sam callahan said:

There are a lot of things to impeach Lisa Page's character.

None is greater than that she chose to bump uglies with Strzok.

I'm telling you - the "affair" is made-up. I watched that hearing yesterday, and there is no doubt in my mind that Strzok is gay. No. Doubt.
ScottH_01
AG
aggiehawg said:

Fair enough. I have no way of knowing either version is the "correct one."
Completely fair, I followed the leaks stuff pretty closely that summer both here and on the DNCLeaks reddit. Gucifer 2.0's stuff always seemed off and untrustworthy to me, and I think that became the prevalent feeling of the majority of that were following the stuff as closely or closer than I.

The team that indicted a "Ham Sandwhich" feels more reputable than Gucifer and DCLeaks.
VegasAg86
AG
ScottH_01 said:

aggiehawg said:

Completely fair, I followed the leaks stuff pretty closely that summer both here and on the DNCLeaks reddit. Gucifer 2.0's stuff always seemed off and untrustworthy to me, and I think that became the prevalent feeling of the majority of that were following the stuff as closely or closer than I.

The team that indicted a "Ham Sandwhich" feels more reputable than Gucifer and DCLeaks.
Hasn't Assange stated the DNC emails were handed over by a disgruntled DNC staffer?
🤡 🤡 🤡
aggiehawg
AG
VegasAg86 said:

ScottH_01 said:

aggiehawg said:

Hasn't Assange stated the DNC emails were handed over by a disgruntled DNC staffer?
Not directly, no. He did post a reward for information about Seth Rich's murder, though.
ScottH_01
AG
VegasAg86 said:

ScottH_01 said:

aggiehawg said:

He's stated that the DNC emails were leaked not hacked. He has only hinted obliquely at the source.
aggielostinETX
AG

Jake is smart and not on trumps side. He sees this for the dumbass it is.

ProgN
BMX Bandit
Haven't read it yet, but this whole indictment really comes across as "we really need to indict someone for hacking something" to me.

But this really struck me as funny:

Quote:

Devil's advocate, if somehow one of these Russians show up in court, I don't think Crowdstrike's going to get very far in a court of law if they can't show any FORENSIC EVIDENCE of hacking. Just saying "Hey we're COMPUTER EXPERTS, just take our word for it!" isn't going to cut it against in competent defense lawyer. Likely not going to fly before any decent judge.
hasn't your initial reaction to every Mueller lawsuit been that it would thrown out?

my guess is this one goes about the same as those others.
aggiehawg
AG
Deats said:

Jake is smart and not on trumps side. He sees this for the dumbass it is.

Can you translate that for me, please?
aggielostinETX
AG
Basically his argument is that we are charging the equivalent of the designer of the AK-47(the malware) the armorer who maintains it for it being used by the Russians.

Also, we are doing the same thing. So it's stupid of us to this bc eventually the Chinese or Russians will indict Americans.

I still disagree with his premise that the Russians are the only ones responsible.
aggiehawg
AG
Aaahh! Gotcha! Thanks, dear.
aggiehawg
AG
Now this is funny:

Quote:

The DNC was first breached in the summer of 2015, according to CrowdStrike, the cyber firm brought in after the digital break-in.

The culprit, the firm said, was "Cozy Bear," a Russian intelligence-linked hacker group that had previously infiltrated the White House and State Department. The FBI first reached out to the DNC in September to alert staffers that they were under digital siege. But the tech-support contractor that picked up the phone thought it might be a prank and the committee didn't follow through. That allowed the Russians free rein to explore DNC servers, collecting login credentials and lifting private emails and documents.

The following April, another group, the Russian military-aligned "Fancy Bear," joined its counterpart, apparently without any coordination between the two. Fancy Bear started collecting much of the same information, according to researchers.
Weeks later, the DNC caught on to the digital rummaging and it quickly dawned on officials that they might have a catastrophe on their hands. In June, the DNC went public, blaming Russia for the digital espionage.
LINK

Bunch of dumbazzes.
tsuag10
AG
What the hell? Did they really just call them and then call it a day?

Surely they would send a certified letter or send someone in person to talk to them.... Right?
drcrinum

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/12/the-russia-investigation-is-a-puzzle-designed-never-to-be-solved/

(Concluding section of the article quoted)
Quote:

The DOJ Has Turned The Russia Investigation Into A Puzzle Never To Be Solved
To paraphrase Mitch McDeere in the movie "The Firm," the Russia investigation is like a ship carrying a cargo that will never reach any port. For McDeere, keeping secrets kept him safe. Countless times Rosenstein responded to Congress, "I'm sorry I can't answer that question because of the ongoing nature of the investigation."

So long as the USS Mueller remains at sea, we may never know how far Perkins Coie's tentacles reach into the government and the media. And we won't find out what's really going on with the DOJ's FISA applications. After all this time, has the USS Mueller moved any closer to answering the question, "What is it that Donald Trump supposedly did to collude with the Russians?" Even Trump opponents have cause to be upset, as the investigation into Trump appears stalled indefinitely.

So long as Captain Rosenstein keeps his vessel at sea, basic questions of public integrity will remain unanswered.

Beginning to appear that Perkins Coie is deep inside the plot.
Good read.
titan
S

Quote:

The DOJ Has Turned The Russia Investigation Into A Puzzle Never To Be Solved

Bottom line there still is no evidence that there is anything legitimate about the DNC-MSM-alphabets faux investigation designed to first elect Hillary, and then punish Trump for winning.

And even less evidence the Obama administration ever served America's interests.
aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Haven't read it yet, but this whole indictment really comes across as "we really need to indict someone for hacking something" to me.

But this really struck me as funny:

Quote:

Devil's advocate, if somehow one of these Russians show up in court, I don't think Crowdstrike's going to get very far in a court of law if they can't show any FORENSIC EVIDENCE of hacking. Just saying "Hey we're COMPUTER EXPERTS, just take our word for it!" isn't going to cut it against in competent defense lawyer. Likely not going to fly before any decent judge.
hasn't your initial reaction to every Mueller lawsuit been that it would thrown out?

my guess is this one goes about the same as those others.
To be fair, Mueller does not expect any of the named defendants to appear voluntarily nor be extradited. Of course the last time he thought that he got a surprise.

We'll see if someone fights this and demands the opportunity to do their own forensic examination. My guess is that depends on Putin's whim. If he wants to make Mueller look bad, he'll convince someone to be the sacrificial lamb, or else.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

To be fair, Mueller does not expect any of the named defendants to appear voluntarily nor be extradited

Link?

I keep hearing that about the other case. What's the basis? Speculation?
aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

To be fair, Mueller does not expect any of the named defendants to appear voluntarily nor be extradited

Link?

I keep hearing that about the other case. What's the basis? Speculation?
LOL. What? You know how jurisdiction works. He didn't indict some Russian oligarchs here, he indicted members of the GRU. Think Putin will just hand them over to the US? I don't.

The mistake Mueller made with the Russian bot farm indictment was that he indicted a Russian oligarch who was a Putin bestie. So he fought back.
ProgN
Quote:

We'll see if someone fights this and demands the opportunity to do their own forensic examination. My guess is that depends on Putin's whim. If he wants to make Mueller look bad, he'll convince someone to be the sacrificial lamb, or else.
Maybe Trump can put this thought into Putin's head at their meeting.
aggiehawg
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Maybe Trump can put this thought into Putin's head at their meeting.
I am confident that thought has already been weighed in Putin's mind. Which decision he reaches won't have anything to do with Trump. Doubt he's in the mood to do Trump a solid.
RoscoePColtrane
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
coyote68
Hmmm.

Putin will respond. What would serve his interests best?

Just a guess. He embarrassed Mueller in the previous indictments and we can expect round 2 with these indictments. Crowdstrike is a clintonista organization. Mueller will probably be forced to allow the Russian defense team to examinine the DNC server.
aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

Hmmm.

Just a guess. He embarrassed Mueller in the previous indictments and we can expect round 2 with these indictments. Crowdstrike is a clintonista organization. Mueller will probably be forced to allow the Russian defense team to examinine the DNC server.
Is Snowden still in Moscow?
RoscoePColtrane
coyote68 said:

Hmmm.

Easy money is those servers don't exist anymore
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

What happened to the tweet he was linking? Deleted?
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

What happened to the tweet he was linking? Deleted?
I suppose
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/07/13/lisa-page-testimony-highlights-deputy-attorney-general-rod-rosenstein-lied-to-chairman-devin-nunes/

Quote:

On January 3rd, 2018, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes and DOJ Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein entered an agreement for witness testimony. One of those witnesses was FBI Attorney Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe's former special counsel.

WASHINGTON January 4th House investigators will get access this week to "all remaining investigative documents" in unredacted form that they had sought as part of their Russia inquiry, under a deal between Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., according to a letter obtained by Fox News.

[] According to the letter, committee investigators also will get access to eight key witnesses this month including FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who exchanged anti-Trump text messages during an affair and previously worked on the special counsel's Russia probe.

The conversation was documented in a confirmation letter shared by Devin Nunes back to Rod Rosenstein the following day, January 4th, 2018. Except there's a problem, Lisa Page told congress today that no-one from the DOJ ever contacted her. That means Rod Rosenstein was lying:

drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/07/13/lisa-page-testimony-highlights-deputy-attorney-general-rod-rosenstein-lied-to-chairman-devin-nunes/

Quote:

On January 3rd, 2018, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes and DOJ Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein entered an agreement for witness testimony. One of those witnesses was FBI Attorney Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe's former special counsel.

WASHINGTON January 4th House investigators will get access this week to "all remaining investigative documents" in unredacted form that they had sought as part of their Russia inquiry, under a deal between Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., according to a letter obtained by Fox News.

[] According to the letter, committee investigators also will get access to eight key witnesses this month including FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who exchanged anti-Trump text messages during an affair and previously worked on the special counsel's Russia probe.

The conversation was documented in a confirmation letter shared by Devin Nunes back to Rod Rosenstein the following day, January 4th, 2018. Except there's a problem, Lisa Page told congress today that no-one from the DOJ ever contacted her. That means Rod Rosenstein was lying:

Now I'm confused. Granted been out of practice for awhile but is Congress totally dependent on DOJ to deliver subpoenas? How about using the Capitol Police? Even private process servers?
FJB
AG
drcrinum said:

And why would FBI counsel be present for a private citizen?
RoscoePColtrane
pedro_martinez said:

drcrinum said:

That's a good question. But it perhaps will be justified because she is covered by the NDA she signed upon separation from the bureau.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
pedro_martinez said:

drcrinum said:

Perhaps If she had an immunity deal?
Rockdoc
AG
I hope she does and sings quite loudly.
aggiehawg
AG
pedro_martinez said:

drcrinum said:

She still has an NDA agreement in effect from her past employment.

Now what the specified penalties are for her as an former employee to ignore those? IDK.
dreyOO
Couple of thoughts:

a) i heard McCarthy today briefly and he asked why we need a SC to make such indictments. Couldn't the DOJ handle these types of infractions without a SC? It seems to me this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel to show some value...or the perception of value

b) I cannot understand how the DOJ and FBI haven't had major house-cleanings. This **** about stonewalling oversight is infuriating to me as a taxpayer. And when you consider the chief executive over them does not approve, how the F can we not regain control of his ship? This is one area that I really get frustrated with Trump. If he's a results guy, then he needs to start dropping the hammer. I don't care about the optics anymore. I want transparency in government. /cue "I want the truth" meme
First Page Last Page
Page 526 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.