Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,594 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by aggiehawg
ccatag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has there been any credible indication for when Horowitz will have his next report (FISA) ready?

Two or three weeks ago someone indicated it was in the process of review but I haven't heard anything since and so now doubt it was credible. I really do expect it to be much meatier than the Clinton report. I could be wrong but my feeling is the dam is going to break with that report.
GCP12
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/us/politics/white-house-fbi-informant.html
Quote:

WASHINGTON The White House has rebuffed concerns among American intelligence and law enforcement officials and ordered that more lawmakers be given access to classified information about an informant the F.B.I. used in 2016 to investigate possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to two American officials with knowledge of the decision.

Both the director of national intelligence and the director of the F.B.I. tried to keep the classified documents tightly restricted, fearing that a broader dissemination of operational reports and other sensitive material could lead to more leaks of detailed information about the role of the confidential F.B.I. informant.
Ellis Wyatt
RoscoePColtrane said:

Seems like that would be a fireable offense pretty much anywhere...in the private sector, anyway. Gubmint employees can do whatever they want, apparently.
RoscoePColtrane
This statement by Gowdy pretty much sums up what we can expect from anything happening to Hillary regarding her emails. Dixie pretty much said this very same thing a month or so ago. To summarize Comey has sabotaged the email investigation so badly, it's doubtful it can really ever be prosecuted. And the irony is, that's what Comey said on July 5th 2016, but it wasn't the lack of evidense that is going to prevent any reasonable prosecutor going ahead with the case, it was his and his little circle of conspirators that torpedoed and chance of conviction and by Comey giving that press conference he sealed the fate.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
bkag9824
AG
aggiehawg said:

drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1017555358925983745.html

Someone wrote to Thomas Wictor to write a thread on Strzok based upon his eyes. Wictor has made multiple attempts & Twitter did not cooperate; this thread made it...but for how long?
Wictor also concludes Strzok is a sociopath.

Wictor has been completely distracted by his own experience with publishing and Hollywood. That's not persuasive to me.

Nor do I think that "psychoanalyzing" someone from afar is credible.

Not only that...some of his information is just flat wrong.

See his claims that Qassem Suleimani (Iranian) is dead. He's not dead.
drcrinum
bkag9824 said:

Wictor has provided information to support his claim although he admits he cannot be 100% certain. He's documented the use of impersonators pretending to be Suleimani via photographs, and Suleimani has never made any audio-recorded statements about current events since he received severe shrapnel wounds to his head in Syria in November 2015.
drcrinum
Tailgate88
AG
drcrinum said:

sam callahan
The man had all of the smugness you'd expect from some one who is sure that he won't be held accountable for his actions.
Patentmike
AG
sam callahan said:

The man had all of the smugness you'd expect from some one who is sure that he won't be held accountable for his actions.

I'm with the narcissism theorists. It's not bias b/c they're his beliefs and therefore absolutely right.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

GCP12
AG
Michael Barnhart said:

I'm with the narcissism theorists. It's not bias b/c they're his beliefs and therefore absolutely right.
It sums up TDS. These people don't think it's bias. They don't understand that anyone thinks differently about Trump.
ProgN
bkag9824
AG
drcrinum said:

bkag9824 said:

Wictor has provided information to support his claim although he admits he cannot be 100% certain. He's documented the use of impersonators pretending to be Suleimani via photographs, and Suleimani has never made any audio-recorded statements about current events since he received severe shrapnel wounds to his head in Syria in November 2015.

Do you honestly believe the Iranians wouldn't claim his martyrdom like they have with other major players like Imad Mughniyah?

Think about it objectively.

Thread derail over.
BMX Bandit
sweet! more grandstanding theater.

meanwhile, Strozk remains employed by DoJ and nothing will happen to him
RoscoePColtrane
BMX Bandit said:

sweet! more grandstanding theater.

meanwhile, Strozk remains employed by DoJ and nothing will happen to him
I think when that was tweeted out was after Goodlatte said he would be if he didn't answer certain questions. But obviously during that break they took to vote, something changed because the FBI loosened the refusals and he talked about the FISA warrant and the Dossier and how it ended up at the FBI vis Bruce Ohr. Pretty sure the contempt threat went away, but some of the press missed those two big revelations when he openly talked about the Dossier, verifying the chain of custody and the fact that there were multiple versions, that John Solomon reported on a few days ago. Also when he was asked whether or not he was involved in the FISA application i the Russia investigation, Strzok was careful with his answer and made it clear him saying no he wasn't involved in the FISA application that it was the one on Carter Page. To me that is telling that he was so careful to distinguish it was the one on Page. To me that may mean there was other FISA warrants on other people beside Page, my guess is Manafort at a minimum.

Bottom line I doubt we see any contempt theater and likely wouldn't have if he hadn't expanded his testimony. But they bluffed him and got more info. And I figure once the FISA IG report drops Strzok is toast. No longer a need to throttle his testimony any longer.
Code 7 10-42
GCP12
AG
GCP12
AG
End Of Message
techno-ag
AG
Prosperdick
AG
techno-ag said:

Been burned too many times....we'll see.
drcrinum
bkag9824 said:

Do you honestly believe the Iranians wouldn't claim his martyrdom like they have with other major players like Imad Mughniyah?

Think about it objectively.

Thread derail over.
Here's an opinion from the Iranian opposition group MEK following the incident in Syria:

Quote:

The MEK cited a source inside the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps, and the report included detailed information of what the group claims is the truth behind Soleimani's absence from public view since the explosion. The secrecy surrounding Soleimani's care could be the biggest clue that something is very wrong with the man voted "Man of the Year" in a national poll earlier this year. Were the nation's most-decorated warrior to be injured critically, or even mortally, in battle, it would be a massive blow to the morale of Iran's military -- and a huge boost to that of the Syrian opposition.
HelloUncleNateFitch
GCP12 said:

Here we go
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Rapier108
One would think Mueller would be there if it had anything to do with him.
aggiehawg
AG
I seriously doubt Rosenstein has had some sort of epiphany over the last two weeks so I expect this presser to be unrelated to Mueller's investigation.

On a separate note, Page failed to show up at her hearing Tuesday allegedly because the FBI refused to let her review any materials to "prepare" for her testimony, yet Strzok was given temporary security clearance to prepare for his? The only difference being she is officially separated from employment at the FBI and he isn't...yet?

One other thing, if Strzok was allowed to see classified info to refresh his memory, his testimony yesterday sure didn't reflect that. Either he expected a totally different line of inquiry and prepared for that or he just flim-flammed the Bureau.

As for Page preparing for her deposition, her text messages are all over the internet. She just needs to review those and jot down her recollections of the events surrounding them. She's had over 7 months in which to do so. And with all of the news stories coming out, those would help refresh her memory even if many of the stories are wrong she would know that.
GCP12
AG
Mueller wasn't there when Rosenstein announced the Russian troll indictments
redline248
AG
What time is her planned closed hearing, today?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Agreed. Rosenstein is probably announcing charges against Gohmert for disparaging St. Peter Strozk, or announcing the award of the Purple Heart.
aggiehawg
AG
redline248 said:

What time is her planned closed hearing, today?
Last I heard, 1:30 EST.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Live links are starting to pop up
http://www.wfmz.com/news/live-rosenstein-makes-law-enforcement-announcement/767609021
Layne Staley
AG
Two things - one uncovered in the interrogation yesterday is Hillary was cc'ing someone abroad all comm. http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/12/ig-clinton-foreign-emails/

Secondly, not a single Republican asked him about the fact that he was using Google gmail drafts to communicate.

I still believe the intel that Q has been dropping (one verified yesterday) and unfortunately about everyone, including Obama and HRC, all used private email to communicate and immunize themselves from FOIA requests. They also thought the NSA couldn't track what they saved as drafts without hitting Enter.
Rapier108
Maybe related to the recent announcement over reopening the Emmett Till investigation?

Anything related to Mueller would be nothing but an intentional distraction from Stzrok getting his skull caved in yesterday.

Of course, coups usually begin when the leader is out of the country. Wouldn't surprise me if he announces he is expanding the Mueller probe, opening an investigation of (Republican) members of Congress, or issuing subpoenas for Trump, Pence, etc.
FbgTxAg
AG
Rosenstein will defend Stro-zak, disparage Congress, tell everyone to pound sand, and that he's hiring 50 more attorneys to join the Mueller investigation.

All while the Keebler Elf hides under his covers.
drcrinum

Quote:

The White House has ordered the Department of Justice and FBI to expand congressional access to FBI files about a confidential informant who met with members of the Trump campaign.

The New York Times reports that the White House overrode concerns from FBI Director Christopher Wray and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats regarding FBI documents about Stefan Halper, a former University of Cambridge professor who was a longtime FBI and CIA source.

Halper, a veteran of three Republican administrations, made contact during the 2016 campaign with three Trump advisers: Carter Page, Sam Clovis and George Papadopoulos.

The information on Halper had been restricted only to the Gang of Eight, a group of lawmakers that consists of the Republican and Democratic leaders of both houses of Congress and the two intelligence committees. The White House push will allow all members of the intelligence committees to view the Halper records....
First Page Last Page
Page 523 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.