Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,660 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by aggiehawg
MASAXET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hawg you're all over the place and not making any sense. This is another example of your judgment being clouded by the participants.

As BMX noted, there is no 10 year limit applicable to FRE 404(b). Courts have admitted prior crimes and acts going back decades for permissible purposes outlined in 404(b)(2) - there is no hard cut off. Time can be relevant as to admissibility, but the SoL does not dictate that. Roscoe appears to believe the prosecution was seeking to convict Manafort on those actions, and he's wrong.

Regardless, your comment about prior bad acts and admissibility is more a question of FRE 403 and not 404(b) given the purposes the evidence is being offered. The prosecution is following the exact correct procedures regarding notice under FRE 404(b). The prejudicial nature would still need to be weighed.

You keep referring to "best evidence," but that is not a requirement in any way under FRE 403 or 404. Although 403 can preclude needlessly cumulative evidence or evidence that would cause undue delay, there is simply no need for any piece of evidence for prior bad acts to be the "best evidence." At this point, I think you are just throwing out legal terms to conflate issues, as "best evidence" is only a requirement for writings under FRE 1002.

Lastly, the mere fact that the prosecution is seeking a ruling regarding the admissibility of this particular piece of evidence in no way indicates that the prosecution believes it is their "best evidence" for a conviction. Have you read the prosecution's other 404(b) evidence filings? Is this all they are seeking to admit? The prosecution would not be doing their jobs if they didn't file this - if Manafort argues at trial that he didn't understand FARA requirements and the prosecution didn't seek to admit this evidence under 404(b) procedures they likely would have missed the boat.
aggiehawg
AG
I'm sorry that FARA violations don't blow my skirts up since it hasn't even been prosecuted since the 60s and is handled administratively these days.

Mueller going to such extremes (while within the rules) is comical to me. Well, dumb and comical.

Go listen to Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant about littering and Officer Obie. Maybe you'll get my point.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay! Now we know the FBI obtained parts of the Steele dossier from Bruce Ohr.

When is Nellie Ohr's open hearing? Send out the subpoena now.
RoscoePColtrane
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
MASAXET
AG
aggiehawg said:

I'm sorry that FARA violations don't blow my skirts up since it hasn't even been prosecuted since the 60s and is handled administratively these days.

Mueller going to such extremes (while within the rules) is comical to me. Well, dumb and comical.

Go listen to Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant about littering and Officer Obie. Maybe you'll get my point.

A motion taking up a few pages to preserve their ability to potentially introduce this evidence if needed doesn't sound like much of an extreme to me. It's simply belt and suspenders. I know it's been a while since you've tried a case, but I'd say the dumb move would be to not give themselves every opportunity to rebut arguments that could potentially be advanced by Manafort at trial
FJB
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Need to get all the liars in the same room.
aggiehawg
AG
We'll agree to disagree, then. You think Officer Obie needed 27 8X10 color photos with arrows to prove a littering case that had already been confessed to. I see that as a waste of time and resources.

Hence my amusement at Mueller becoming "Officer Obie."
drcrinum

Here is the segment: Jordan is spot on. There are 3 copies of the dossier, but Strzok can't acknowledge how many copies there are. He can't even acknowledge who is Corn, but he claims he never spoke with him or with Simpson or Nellie Ohr...but he spoke multiple times with Bruce Ohr.
How did Strzok obtain Simpson's copy?

(But Grassley is onto it. His letter of July 6, 2018 requested all 12 copies of Bruce Ohr's 302 interviews.)

Edit: This is the segment where Jordan asks Strzok about Bruce Ohr & documents.

RoscoePColtrane
Listen to this question closely and how he was careful and specific with the answer

"I assume you are referring to the FISA on Carter Page, no I did not"

This is very key, there was definitely more than one FISA warrant on more than just Carter Page.

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

If you didn't see Gowdy destroy Strzok, here is the segment. More importantly, it unnerved Strzok, and at the end Strzok lost it while he recited a well-rehearsed diatribe (starting at 13:00). I think the man has a serious mental condition; I agree that the tweet below is not far off the mark:

RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
FJB
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

It tells me that's where the focus should be.
titan
S

Yes, he has a sociopath (or psycho, get them confused) demeanor in some ways.

Definitely very much a Liar type.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1017555358925983745.html

Someone wrote to Thomas Wictor to write a thread on Strzok based upon his eyes. Wictor has made multiple attempts & Twitter did not cooperate; this thread made it...but for how long?
Wictor also concludes Strzok is a sociopath.
VegasAg86
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

That's definitely how I saw it. Reminded me of Jimmy Swaggert.
🤡 🤡 🤡
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
titan
S
drcrinum said:

Someone wrote to Thomas Wictor to write a thread on Strzok based upon his eyes. Wictor has made multiple attempts & Twitter did not cooperate; this thread made it...but for how long?

Regarding italics-- someone needs to start a center and right-wing twitter.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I was wondering why Strzok when asked about his security clearance he said, "Today? Yes."
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
coyote68
Strozk is a very real problem for Wray and Sessions. And the democrats. St some point , they will make him walk the plank. A real bad apple.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

Strozk is a very real problem for Wray and Sessions. And the democrats. St some point , they will make him walk the plank. A real bad apple.
Wrays direct supervisor is Rosenstein, not Sessions. Why Rosenstein's position is appointed as well as Wray's. Yates was Comey's direct supervisor as well...until she was fired.

We are in Holder territory, now. DOJ is corrupt as it has been for years.
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum said:

aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Wictor has been completely distracted by his own experience with publishing and Hollywood. That's not persuasive to me.

Nor do I think that "psychoanalyzing" someone from afar is credible.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

This is not normal behavior.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
End Of Message
AG
It's all ****ed. Discerning truth from fiction is becoming impossible.
titan
S

Well Left Democrat rather consistently has equaled Lying for a while now. Especially if the MSM defends them.
FJB
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

if Wray was a legit good guy, you'd think he would either speak out or resign on principle for what he must be witnessing since being confirmed.
dreyOO
drcrinum said:

aggiehawg said:

This is not normal behavior.

What in the actual **** is that? My first reaction is:

"It puts the lotion on the skin...."
tsuag10
AG
I personally think Strzok is not quite right, but I agree that psychoanalysis on TV is bad bull.

We hated it when people tried to do it to Trump.
aggiehawg
AG
tsuag10 said:

I personally think Strzok is not quite right, but I agree that psychoanalysis on TV is bad bull.

We hated it when people tried to do it to Trump.
Yeah. Doesn't work either way.
titan
S

Some don't really need psychoanalysis. Its just obvious. That Democrat Adam Schiff guy also reeks of practiced liar.
First Page Last Page
Page 522 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.