Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,487,060 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Everything you said above ... plus the conflicting testimony given by Yates, Comey, McCord, and McCabe on the purpose of the FBI visit. No way this all flew under Comey's radar undetected .... Flynn was the to-be National Security Adviser and "the conundrum" was certainly well known to Comey.
Where's Obama, Brennan and Clapper in all of this? Why a "counter-intelligence probe" into Flynn? Wouldn't they be aware of it? What was the justification?
RoscoePColtrane
HTownAg98 said:

Roscoe, your timeline is a little off. The original Brady order was issued on December 12, 2017. The corrected order was entered on February 16, 2018. You can read the whole docket here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6234142/united-states-v-flynn/
Thanks for the correction but doesn't change my point. I had completely forgotten about the original order, and did all parties I would imagine since Sullivan does it every with every case, but when he tightened it up and wall "all" exculpatory that changes the focus because they have thing to hide. Now with the HPSCI less redacted report on the Flynn section, it makes sense why. And Comey's on the record comment that "Andy's 302's he presented didn't reflect what they are saying now." really throws gasoline on the fire. Flynn is going to walk.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Curious to see how Comey's story changes since the release of the less redacted HPSCI report yesterday. It completely blows his story and lies in the book out of the water concerning Flynn.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And Comey's on the record comment that "Andy's 302's he presented didn't reflect what they are saying now."
I must have missed that. Where is that?
valvemonkey91
AG
FriscoKid said:

MouthBQ98 said:

That wuss Sessions could fix a lot of this if he wasn't so apparently incompetent and/or gutless.
I wonder how Cruz would do as AG?

Cruz? How about Mark Levin? Scorched earth.
aggiehawg
AG
WHOA! Hold the phone! I missed this yesterday. Mueller had a really bad day, yesterday.

LINK

Quote:

Prosecutors from special counsel Robert Mueller's office are seeking to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

The 13 people charged in the high-profile indictment in February are considered unlikely to ever appear in a U.S. court. The three businesses accused of facilitating the alleged Russian troll farm operation the Internet Research Agency, Concord Management and Consulting, and Concord Catering were also expected to simply ignore the American criminal proceedings.

Last month, however, a pair of Washington-area lawyers suddenly surfaced in the case, notifying the court that they represent Concord Management. POLITICO reported at the time that the move appeared to be a bid to force Mueller's team to turn over relevant evidence to the Russian firm and perhaps even to bait prosecutors into an embarrassing dismissal in order to avoid disclosing sensitive information.

On Friday, Mueller's prosecutors disclosed that Concord's attorneys, Eric Dubelier and Kate Seikaly, had made a slew of discovery requests demanding nonpublic details about the case and the investigation. Prosecutors also asked a judge to postpone the formal arraignment of Concord Management set for next week.

The prosecution team sought the delay on the grounds that it's unclear whether Concord Management formally accepted the court summons related to the case. Mueller's prosecutors also revealed that they tried to deliver the summonses for Concord and IRA through the Russian government, without success.
They have counsel present. They have waived the service issue. WTH? And Mueller has been in contact with the Russian government? Interesting.

Quote:

"Until the Court has an opportunity to determine if Concord was properly served, it would be inadvisable to conduct an initial appearance and arraignment at which important rights will be communicated and a plea entertained," attorneys Jeannie Rhee, Rush Atkinson and Ryan Dickey wrote. "That is especially true in the context of this case, which involves a foreign corporate defendant, controlled by another, individual foreign defendant, that has already demanded production of sensitive intelligence gathering, national security, and foreign affairs information."

The Mueller team proposed that both sides file briefs in the coming weeks on the issues of whether Concord has been properly served.
Again, WTH?

Quote:

In a blunt response Saturday morning, Concord's attorneys accused Mueller's team of ignoring the court's rules and suggesting a special procedure for the Russian firm without any supporting legal authority.

"Defendant voluntarily appeared through counsel as provided for in [federal rules], and further intends to enter a plea of not guilty. Defendant has not sought a limited appearance nor has it moved to quash the summons. As such, the briefing sought by the Special Counsel's motion is pettifoggery," Dubelier and Seikaly wrote.
Indeed it is. Why the squirming Mueller? You started this game of f***-f***!
fasthorse05
First of all, when you go off script and explanation mode, you're hilarious. Secondly, I read you're last post waaay too fast, and will have to cover all of this later this evening in order to understand the good news that yesterday was worse for Meuller (always a good thing). Thirdly, we've got Aggie softball, Aggie baseball, and the Kentucky Derby on (sister is class of '82, and my niece is class of '17 and works for 12th man Productions) along with bro-in-law at Churchhill for the race. Lastly, I have chores, so will entertain posts, quotes, and updates this evening.

Great morning!

Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
aggiehawg
AG
It suddenly occurred to me to wonder how Dreeben and Rhee feel about being ordered by Mueller to go into federal court and utter this complete BS. Dreeben is supposed to be this world class lawyer, argued a 100 cases before the Supreme Court, he knows he's in an untenable position.

Rhee maybe doesn't have the same level of resume but she had some respect. She's the freakin' Prosecutor here. She should be jumping for joy that a criminal defendant waived service of process. Not claiming she's unsure the lawyers appearance on the defendant's behalf should be disallowed. They are licensed, practice in that jurisdiction and in that federal court. What's the freakin' problem?
Rapier108
More leaking from Mueller's team.

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) Investigators working for special counsel Robert Mueller have interviewed one of President Donald Trump's closest friends and confidants, California real estate investor Tom Barrack, The Associated Press has learned.

Barrack was interviewed as part of the federal investigation of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in the 2016 election, according to three people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations.

The specific topics covered in questions from Mueller's team were not immediately clear.

One of the people who spoke to AP said the questioning focused entirely on two officials from Trump's campaign who have been indicted by Mueller: Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Manafort's onetime deputy, Rick Gates. Gates agreed to plead guilty to federal conspiracy and false-statement charges in February and began cooperating with investigators.

A second person with knowledge of the Barrack interview said the questioning was broader, including financial matters about the campaign, the transition and Trump's inauguration in January 2017.
https://apnews.com/6dd33b4234634079821e5825f112e85b
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, I'm having a little trouble navigating the FBI Vault site. But saw this on tigerdroppings and need confirmation that it is legit.

Here's the LINK they gave.

If the image is too small, it seems the FBI lost the chain of custody on one of Hillary's servers for two months in 2015, the Platte River one.
hbtheduce
AG
So Mueller indicted these Russian companies, and the lawyers for the Russians are pushing for discovery? So now the SC is backpedaling and trying to postpone discovery because they didn't "serve" the defendant correctly?

Is that a good interpretation of these actions?
RoscoePColtrane
looking for the interview
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
hbtheduce said:

So Mueller indicted these Russian companies, and the lawyers for the Russians are pushing for discovery? So now the SC is backpedaling and trying to postpone discovery because they didn't "serve" the defendant correctly?

Is that a good interpretation of these actions?
Yes. That's it exactly. But the service issue is waived when counsel files an entry of appearance and shows up in court on the defendant's behalf. Even if the service was faulty, it becomes de minimis and is of no legal import.

I am assuming the discovery request is akin to making Mueller put his d*** out on the table to show them what he's got, including exculpatory evidence.

If the Russian indictment was really a sham that he thought would never see the inside of a courtroom, and he can't produce anything? BOOM! He's blown out of the water.
RoscoePColtrane
Absolutely legit, I have all 21 of those reports archived
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Losing the chain of custody on the Clinton server is a big deal. Could have rendered anything the feds found on it inadmissible at a criminal trial.

Simply amazing.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Thanks! So the Hillary case was sabotaged from the get-go. Just freakin' terrific.
MooreTrucker
AG
I can't say this surprises me in the least. Insurance policy indeed.
aggiehawg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I can't say this surprises me in the least. Insurance policy indeed.
I'm surprised Anthony Weiner's laptop didn't suffer the same fate between September 2016 when McCabe was first advised of it and a month later when a search warrant was finally applied for.

Who knows? Maybe it did. And that's why the delay.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Thanks! So the Hillary case was sabotaged from the get-go. Just freakin' terrific.
Yes when I saw that they had lost the original chain of custody form I nearly fainted. How do you do that on a case of this magnitude. And this isn't Mayberry RFD this is the FBI, paperwork is their biggest deal. No way that was accidental just not buying it. It was a deliberate act to soil the validity of the server that they eventually turned over after months of delays and had been bleach bit wiped. That still doesn't effect the Datto Inc. cloud that has dual redundancy cloud backup of everything. That has been never heard from once they answer the subpoena and turned over the ghost copies.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Losing the chain of custody on the Clinton server is a big deal. Could have rendered anything the feds found on it inadmissible at a criminal trial.

Simply amazing.

Katica has been on this for awhile. If you look in the comments under this tweet, there is a chap claiming that: "It was Peter Strzok who is listed on the FBI evidence slip for the Clinton email Datto servers..."
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

That still doesn't effect the Datto Inc. cloud that has dual redundancy cloud backup of everything. That has been never heard from once they answer the subpoena and turned over the ghost copies.
Is there a question whether the Datto Inc. cloud could have the 34,000 deleted emails?
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That still doesn't effect the Datto Inc. cloud that has dual redundancy cloud backup of everything. That has been never heard from once they answer the subpoena and turned over the ghost copies.
Is there a question whether the Datto Inc. cloud could have the 34,000 deleted emails?
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-email-server-fbi-platte-river-214521
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Unbeknownst to Clinton, IT firm had emails stored on cloud; now in FBI's hands

BY GREG GORDON AND ANITA KUMAR

McClatchy Washington Bureau

October 06, 2015 01:29 PM

Updated May 09, 2016 11:11 AM

WASHINGTON
A Connecticut company, which backed up Hillary Clinton's emails at the request of a Colorado firm, apparently surprised her aides by storing the emails on a "cloud" storage system designed to optimize data recovery.

The firm, Datto Inc., said Wednesday that it turned over the contents of its storage to the FBI on Tuesday.

A Republican Senate committee chairman, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, also has asked the firm to provide the committee copies of any data from Clinton's account still in its possession.

There were conflicting accounts as to whether the developments could lead to retrieval of any of Clinton's more than 31,000 personal emails, which she said she deleted from her private server upon turning over her work-related emails to the State Department, at its request, in December 2014. Datto Inc., assured the Bureau the cloud was complete and intact.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Katica has been on this for awhile. If you look in the comments under this tweet, there is a chap claiming that: "It was Peter Strzok who is listed on the FBI evidence slip for the Clinton email Datto servers..."
Hopefully, Horowitz knows who the Special Agent was and that will be in the report.
McInnis
AG
This story by Patrick Howley claims that all the deleted e-mails have been recovered, but I haven't seen it reported anywhere else. Anyone think it's legit?

Hillary's e-mails have been recovered

Also, someone said yesterday that Judge Ellis might dismiss the charges against Manfort with prejudice. Can one of you lawyers explain what that means, and the implications for the future of the investigation?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

There were conflicting accounts as to whether the developments could lead to retrieval of any of Clinton's more than 31,000 personal emails, which she said she deleted from her private server upon turning over her work-related emails to the State Department, at its request, in December 2014. Datto Inc., assured the Bureau the cloud was complete and intact.
Maybe Horowitz has seen it??
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

It suddenly occurred to me to wonder how Dreeben and Rhee feel about being ordered by Mueller to go into federal court and utter this complete BS. Dreeben is supposed to be this world class lawyer, argued a 100 cases before the Supreme Court, he knows he's in an untenable position.

Rhee maybe doesn't have the same level of resume but she had some respect. She's the freakin' Prosecutor here. She should be jumping for joy that a criminal defendant waived service of process. Not claiming she's unsure the lawyers appearance on the defendant's behalf should be disallowed. They are licensed, practice in that jurisdiction and in that federal court. What's the freakin' problem?
I looked up ReedSmith, the legal firm representing Concord Management = one of the top 20 legal firms with a global practice; 1,800 lawyers. So there may be substantial resources involved here.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Maybe Horowitz has seen it??
Not sure some judge has possession of it I think, or at least did. Judicial watch has multiple filings requesting them

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Safe at Home said:

This story by Patrick Howley claims that all the deleted e-mails have been recovered, but I haven't seen it reported anywhere else. Anyone think it's legit?

Hillary's e-mails have been recovered

Also, someone said yesterday that Judge Ellis might dismiss the charges against Manfort with prejudice. Can one of you lawyers explain what that means, and the implications for the future of the investigation?
'With prejudice" means the charges cannot be refiled by another entity with jurisdiction. "Without prejudice" means they can be filed.

Now, I don't think Ellis is inclined to throw everything out with prejudice because, well he's a judge and Manafort is likely dirty. Some of the charges may be tossed, however.

More likely what gets tossed is without prejudice for the Eastern District of Virginia to refile if they decide to.

As a practical matter, trying to refile against Manafort might be very problematical because the evidence has become tainted. If Mueller is found not to have jurisdiction, the searches that he conducted and the evidence obtained thereby can be subject to a motion to suppress them at trial. If granted, that evidence is inadmissible at trial.

Is that clear?
drcrinum

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/is-robert-muellers-russian-troll-farm-indictment-falling-apart/

Quote:

Now, it appears Concord Management is forcefully pushing back. Bloomberg News described the firm's tactics as "hardball" due to the thorough and pointed nature of their questions. Politico even suggested that Concord Management's aggressive lawyering could result in an "embarrassing dismissal."...

Hardball!
bobbranco
AG
aggiehawg said:

Okay, I'm having a little trouble navigating the FBI Vault site. But saw this on tigerdroppings and need confirmation that it is legit.

Here's the LINK they gave.

If the image is too small, it seems the FBI lost the chain of custody on one of Hillary's servers for two months in 2015, the Platte River one.

Insurance policy? To keep Comey and cronies in power after grandma was elected?

ETA. Someone beat me to it.

Insurance policy is probably the Russian ordeal that would have been used against the R's after grandma was anointed.
Garrelli 5000
AG
It's as if Mueller said "Let's reaux-chambeaux, i'll go F<thwack>!" and they started the process.
Staff - take out the trash.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Insurance policy? To keep Comey and cronies in power after grandma was elected?
Doubtful. Comey would have lost leverage once the server was rendered inadmissible, even in a spoiliation case because it had been bleach bitted.

Now the cloud issue, maybe. Wouldn't put it past Comey to whisper, "I still have your deleted emails, BTW. Looking forward to working with you." Comey did recently say he fully expected to have been retained under Hillary. How very Hooveresque of him.
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum said:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/is-robert-muellers-russian-troll-farm-indictment-falling-apart/

Quote:

Now, it appears Concord Management is forcefully pushing back. Bloomberg News described the firm's tactics as "hardball" due to the thorough and pointed nature of their questions. Politico even suggested that Concord Management's aggressive lawyering could result in an "embarrassing dismissal."...

Hardball!

Too bad it won't be reported anywhere in the MSM but I'll certainly get a kick out of the fact that the "13 indictments" libs love to throw around won't be valid anymore. Of course that won't stop them from using it, just like there are still some today who repeat the 16 agencies all agree Russians meddled malarkey.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Too bad it won't be reported anywhere in the MSM but I'll certainly get a kick out of the fact that the "13 indictments" libs love to throw around won't be valid anymore. Of course that won't stop them from using it, just like there are still some today who repeat the 16 agencies all agree Russians meddled malarkey.
To be clear, the indictments may be dismissed as to this particular defendant but not the rest.

That's the dilemma facing the Mueller team right now. Let this one defendant go and hope the rest don't follow the same tactic? Or continue with the prosecution knowing discovery will be a b****?

If he folds as to Concord, it indicates it was a sham indictment in the first place. Also have to wonder how the judge would react to that? Sanctions?
First Page Last Page
Page 330 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.