Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,487,285 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HeardAboutPerio said:

Why is he stepping down again? Who's replacing him ?
Retiring from the Navy and government life Nakasone is replacing him.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Thanks,not to derail,

given what took place, I hope Paul Nakasone has the same integrity as Rogers. This quote seems to suggest he does:

Quote:

Nakasone's confirmation was briefly delayed by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who wanted to know the general's views on surveillance and privacy. He submitted replies to Paul last week, and Paul removed his hold, clearing the way for a Senate vote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/senate-confirms-paul-nakasone-to-lead-the-nsa-us-cyber-command/2018/04/24/52c95ca4-47e8-11e8-9072-f6d4bc32f223_story.html
RoscoePColtrane
I honestly don't think Rogers would leave his post unless he was sure it was going into good hands.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
coyote68
RoscoePColtrane said:

Today, while everybody was running around like headless chickens following the lead of MSM bullshiit stories, a Great American Hero stepped down. He did more to save our Democracy than most will ever realize.

Thank you Admiral Rogers, from a greatful nation.

We owe you.

The American Patriot and Hero who saved our country.
Tailgate88
AG
Based on this I assume Flynn's case is thrown out shortly?
RoscoePColtrane
Tailgate88 said:

I'm thinking Sullivan is going to take issue lying to him and presenting an altered/misleading 302
Code 7 10-42
coyote68
Mueller's team and the leftists who are attempting the coup will be working overtime to come up with new attacks on our Constitution. With the OIG report coming soon, Judge Ellis' exposure, Federal Prosecutor's working, Trump's approval ratings going up, Mueller's ratings going down..... time is running out.

Watch for more salvos from the left. Again, I fear for the safety of our President.
drcrinum

It's not the exact quote from Andrew McCarthy, but you'll get the point...In our country we have a tradition where if we discover a crime, we assign a prosecutor; in this case we camouflage a counterintelligence action and assign a prosecutor to go find a crime, and we keep the entire process a secret.
Worth watching for McCarthy's comments and observations (Dobbs talks too much).
FTAG 2000
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

Why is he stepping down again? Who's replacing him ?

I believe he can also testify now. Couldn't in his role.
valvemonkey91
AG
GreyhoundDad said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

My knees knock when Dixie breaks out the latin

I hope this thread ends one day because this mess is resolved the way we want it to end and the way the American people deserve it to end. Maybe then the all stars of this thread can meet and give each other high fives. I know I would pay a lot just to meet y'all and listen to y'all discuss this travesty. That would be a great charity event for the charity of y'all's choice.

Drinks are on me.
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum said:

It's not the exact quote from Andrew McCarthy, but you'll get the point...In our country we have a tradition where if we discover a crime, we assign a prosecutor; in this case we camouflage a counterintelligence action and assign a prosecutor to go find a crime, and we keep the entire process a secret.

Best point he made was he wished the DOJ/FBI were as interested in getting their hands on the DNC servers as they were in the other parts of the investigation.

When you sit back and look at this fiasco and how you have an investigation with no crime (again collusion is NOT a crime) it's truky remarkable, especially with the R's supposedly in control (although it didn't stop Mueller from packing his team with Dem supporters).
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
It is remarkable, until you view it as the Insiders vs the Outsiders.
ProgN
What do y'all make of this?
ccatag
AG
Prosperdick said:

drcrinum said:

Best point he made was he wished the DOJ/FBI were as interested in getting their hands on the DNC servers as they were in the other parts of the investigation.

When you sit back and look at this fiasco and how you have an investigation with no crime (again collusion is NOT a crime) it's truky remarkable, especially with the R's supposedly in control (although it didn't stop Mueller from packing his team with Dem supporters).
Yeah, we have all of this going on based initially on a fraud committed by the DNC and Hillary. Shameful and disgusting
FbgTxAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

What do y'all make of this?

I believe the hope is that she had retained her position while Horowitz was investigating, and that she was providing testimony all the while. The appearance is that Horowitz is finished with her.

This is the scenario we HOPE has transpired.
fasthorse05
valvemonkey91 said:

GreyhoundDad said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

I hope this thread ends one day because this mess is resolved the way we want it to end and the way the American people deserve it to end. Maybe then the all stars of this thread can meet and give each other high fives. I know I would pay a lot just to meet y'all and listen to y'all discuss this travesty. That would be a great charity event for the charity of y'all's choice.

Drinks are on me.
My money works too.

With a little creativity, we could use the new "charity tax law" in NJ to get funds for afternoon totties! Our DOJ have given us the blueprint!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Ellis Wyatt
RoscoePColtrane said:

I think those responsible for the egregious redactions should also face charges of treason. I'm serious.
RoscoePColtrane
This is a real link headline....

A judge just politicized the Mueller probe
Code 7 10-42
Ellis Wyatt
ccatag said:

Yeah, we have all of this going on based initially on a fraud committed by the DNC and Hillary.
And Hussein. He played a big role, too. Traitor.
MouthBQ98
AG
They spin everything. I really don't think they realize it half the time as it comes so naturally.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Tailgate88 said:

I'm thinking Sullivan is going to take issue lying to him and presenting an altered/misleading 302
There is still something off to me in the Flynn story. Can't quite put my finger on it. I guess it is McCabe's statement in the less-redacted HPSCI report.

Quote:

McCabe, the report continues, "confirmed the interviewing agent's initial impression and stated that the 'conundrum that we faced on their return from the interview is that although [the agents] didn't detect deception in the statements that he made in the interview the statements were inconsistent with our understanding of the conversation that he had actually had with the ambassador.'"

But McCabe specifically noted the agents' reaction. "The two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn't think he was lying, [which] was not [a] great beginning of a false statement case," McCabe told the committee, according to the report.
That's some world class...I don't what it is...deflection? Obfuscation? "our understanding of the conversation"? There wasn't a transcript?

I mean the story is that Flynn was an incidental collection from a standing warrant on Kislyak? Right? And then unmasked in a 702 query? So the FBI goes and questions Flynn. Okay, that's not unusual, I guess, even if Flynn was an incoming National Security Advisor and on the transition team. The Logan Act stuff was ticky-tack but Obama was being pissy, so whatever.

But then it goes off of the rails: "The two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn't think he was lying, [which] was not [a] great beginning of a false statement case. A conundrum."

It was a set-up. But Flynn didn't fall into the trap. But they continued to go after him anyway. Again, that's not the FBI that I have known in the past. With McCabe it was likely a personal vendetta over the Robin Grist matter. But what was Comey's (his boss) motivation? And why is he out there lying about it now?

There is something else that Comey is hiding. It is evident to me that for whatever reason, the advancement of the Russia collusion story, or a political agenda, even personal animus the full force of the intelligence and law enforcement community was spurred into action to target Flynn.

The one thing that is missing here? The pursuit of justice. Not even on anyone's radar. <sigh> What a mess.

Hope Judge Sullivan throws the book at them.

FriscoKid
AG
Hope so too. If there is any justice left in our country then a lot of people are facing some serious legal problems (and, they aren't on the Trump team).

I'm not sure that we will actually see justice though. Everything depends on the IG report because congress is useless and the courts and FBI are stacked.
MouthBQ98
AG
That wuss Sessions could fix a lot of this if he wasn't so apparently incompetent and/or gutless.
FriscoKid
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

That wuss Sessions could fix a lot of this if he wasn't so apparently incompetent and/or gutless.
I wonder how Cruz would do as AG?
coyote68
What do think the "conundrum " is that McCabe is retiring to?

It appears the FBI trap was based on a conversation that Flynn had with the Russian Ambassador, but some how Flynn apparently was truthful. Were they hoping Flynn would lie, but he told the truth. Why would it be a conundrum unless the trap didn't work? Very strange indeed. What was the purpose of the interview?
redline248
AG
FriscoKid said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I wonder how Cruz would do as AG?

I've been curious what his stance is on this investigation. I've seen people say Rand is the only one making any noise about it, but I can't imagine Cruz thinks it's legitimate.
Ellis Wyatt
coyote68 said:

It appears the FBI trap was based on a conversation that Flynn had with the Russian Ambassador, but some how Flynn apparently was truthful. Were they hoping Flynn would lie, but he told the truth. Why would it be a conundrum unless the trap didn't work? Very strange indeed. What was the purpose of the interview?
And why didn't they tell him he was being interviewed as part of an investigation into HIS supposed actions?
aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

He was ordered by Comey to entrap Flynn and it didn't work? He still had his orders but didn't know how to fulfill them?

That was my takeaway.
RoscoePColtrane
I think the actual timeline of the Flynn formally being charged and quickly pleading guilty, and then this McCabe testimony coming after that. It's the only way I can may any sort of sense of it, and why they would be so contradicting and blatantly lie.

11/30/17 Flynn Charged by the court
12/1/17 Flynn Pled
12/7/17 Contreras' recusal
12/12/7 Original Sullivan Brady order
12/19/17 McCabe behind the door testimony
1/30/18 Both sides report to Sullivan
12/17/18 Sullivan's order invoked the "Brady Rule," Oops

Edited for accuracy

They had Flynn in the bag or so they thought. They had the dirty judge out of the way, and Contreras had told both sides to report on the status of the case by Feb 1st. Sullivan hadn't made his presence known yet, so McCabe instead of lying about the interview to the Committee he was quite candid for a change. Comey in his cloud nine Holier than thou tour, just can't keep his mouth shut and goes off script. And lying from the get go that keeps getting exposed, and then he has to lie to cover the other lie, and now he's toast. Nothing he says is believed and nothing he says will make his situation any better. I'm betting his huge book deal came with a caveat on book sales and if it bombs they get a partial refund.
Code 7 10-42
hbtheduce
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I think the actual timeline of the Flynn formally being charged and quickly pleading guilty, and then this McCabe testimony coming after that. It's the only way I can may any sort of sense of it, and why they would be so contradicting and blatantly lie.

11/16/17 Flynn Charged
12/1/17 Flynn Pled
12/7/17 Contreras' recusal
12/19/17 McCabe behind the door testimony
2/1/18 Both sides report to Sullivan
12/19/18 Sullivan's order invoked the "Brady Rule," Oops

They had Flynn in the bag or so they thought. They had the dirty judge out of the way, and Contreras had told both sides to report on the status of the case by Feb 1st. Sullivan hadn't made his presence known yet, so McCabe instead of lying about the interview to the Committee he was quite candid for a change. Comey in his cloud nine Holier than thou tour, just can't keep his mouth shut and goes off script. And lying from the get go that keeps getting exposed, and then he has to lie to cover the other lie, and now he's toast. Nothing he says is believed and nothing he says will make his situation any better. I'm betting his huge book deal came with a caveat on book sales and if it bombs they get a partial refund.

I would also add the strozk timeline to that.
Tailgate88
AG
fasthorses05 said:

valvemonkey91 said:

GreyhoundDad said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Drinks are on me.
My money works too.

With a little creativity, we could use the new "charity tax law" in NJ to get funds for afternoon totties! Our DOJ have given us the blueprint!
I'm in. Name the place and time!
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, bear with me here. Some thoughts this morning.

First off, I don't think Trump should fire Mueller. The political cost is just too great. Besides, Mueller is doing a pretty good job of imploding on his own once the fruits of his labors meet the harsh light of a court room.

Wait for the IG report which hopefully will throw Comey under both a bus and imminent indictment. McCabe too. Others as warranted.

Leave DOJ alone for a bit and take another tack, the counter-intel route. Now that Mueller has pulled down his pants and claimed he is conducting a counter-intelligence probe instead of a criminal one, in federal court no less, get NSA Director Nakasone and DNI Coates in and ask them to conduct another review of the FISA warrant abuse, in particular did or does Mueller have any access to meta data, query authority and if so why?

Trump doesn't need to know the details of exactly what Mueller has extracted (or the FBI before his appointment) but how broad was the accessing of those materials? Are any FISA warrants on Trump related people still in force? When did the last one expire? (Again, he doesn't need to know who exactly.) And who at DOJ authorized them?

After he gets a general overview from NSA and DNI then go to DOJ and ask for an advisory opinion on the justification for appointing a Special Prosecutor for a counter-intelligence probe and the 4th Amendment implications of such authority.

ETA: Spelling.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

I mean the story is that Flynn was an incidental collection from a standing warrant on Kislyak? Right? And then unmasked in a 702 query? So the FBI goes and questions Flynn. Okay, that's not unusual, I guess, even if Flynn was an incoming National Security Advisor and on the transition team. The Logan Act stuff was ticky-tack but Obama was being pissy, so whatever.

But then it goes off of the rails: "The two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn't think he was lying, [which] was not [a] great beginning of a false statement case. A conundrum."

It was a set-up. But Flynn didn't fall into the trap. But they continued to go after him anyway. Again, that's not the FBI that I have known in the past. With McCabe it was likely a personal vendetta over the Robin Grist matter. But what was Comey's (his boss) motivation? And why is he out there lying about it now?
Everything you said above ... plus the conflicting testimony given by Yates, Comey, McCord, and McCabe on the purpose of the FBI visit. No way this all flew under Comey's radar undetected .... Flynn was the to-be National Security Adviser and "the conundrum" was certainly well known to Comey.

HTownAg98
Roscoe, your timeline is a little off. The original Brady order was issued on December 12, 2017. The corrected order was entered on February 16, 2018. You can read the whole docket here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6234142/united-states-v-flynn/
First Page Last Page
Page 329 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.