Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,488,429 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by aggiehawg
scottimus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The writing is on the wall.

My opinion, now, is that Mueller was set up with multiple avenues to achieving the end goal.....impeachment.

They are timing this with mid-terms too quickly. They are going to try and use the questions as leverage and play the political impeachment game.

Mueller will come out with some kind of "offense" indictable or not and the Dems will spin it into winning the House and Senate and starting impeachment.

No other way around it.

Trumps new lawyer also shows they are forging their team for this avenue.

I blame a lot of republicans for allowing this to occur and spinning out of control. They cannot be gone soon enough.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
CrazyDayDuck
akm91 said:

Damn you!
Hogties
AG
I believe Trump will be impeached. So what?

Impeachment is a political act. Politicians do political things. But he won't be removed from office by 67 senators. No way I see that happening based on anything that is hinted at in the investigation. Removal is a bridge too far.

If the democrats really push this highly flawed investigation all the way to impeachment then Trumps popularity will grow, not decline. Look at Clinton.

Clinton, like Trump had good things going on in the economy and in the world, peace and prosperity generally. Impeachment was rightfully seen by the masses as a BS attempt to bring down a successful president by political partisans. He would have won a third term if he was eligible.

Impotent impeachment based on swamp politics would be a boon for Trump. IMO.

Trump. You don't always get what you want but you might get what you need. DC needed a bull in the china closet. Not that DC would say that, but the country did. That's why he won.
Rapier108
Quote:

Mueller will come out with some kind of "offense" indictable or not and the Dems will spin it into winning the House and Senate and starting impeachment.
They don't need the Senate to impeach. That is only on the House.

They would need 67 votes in the Senate to remove Trump from office. Even if the Democrat took every single seat that is currently held by a Republican, they'd only have 57 or 58 (depending on if McCain dies before the end of the month) seats. They'd need 10 Republicans to go along with it.
Bird Poo
AG
Impeach him for what exactly? It's a total sham and posturing to satisfy the delusional never-trumpers.
fullback44
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

They would need 67 votes in the Senate to remove Trump from office. Even if the Democrat took every single seat that is currently held by a Republican, they'd only have 57 or 58 (depending on if McCain dies before the end of the month) seats. They'd need 10 Republicans to go along with it.

McStain should just give up his seat now, he will probably vote as a Dem anyway, the guy is a RINO and needs to do the US justice and remove himself from office.
CrazyDayDuck
scottimus said:

I blame a lot of republicans for allowing this to occur and spinning out of control. They cannot be gone soon enough.
Without a doubt the Senate Republicans gave ... AND STILL GIVE... unequivocal support for this witch hunt.

Rand Paul is the ONLY Senator that has publicly spoken out against the Mueller "investigation".

I have to admit that I lost a lot of respect for Grassley last week when he went along with the RINOs Graham, Burr and Flake and supported the moronic "Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act".
Bird Poo
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

scottimus said:

Without a doubt the Senate Republicans gave ... AND STILL GIVE... unequivocal support for this witch hunt.

Rand Paul is the ONLY Senator that has publicly spoken out against the Mueller "investigation".

I have to admit that I lost a lot of respect for Grassley last week when he went along with the RINOs Graham, Burr and Flake and supported the moronic "Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act".
I totally agree. We're staring down a potential constitutional crisis but these assh0IIes are sitting back waiting to decide what position to take after the SHTF. The Swamp will posture and politic, but the ultimate goal is to remain in DC.

Hey Cornyn, where are you??????
RoscoePColtrane
And just as much this is about getting trump for the Swamp, it's about protecting FISA, because if the real truth about what has been going on was fully public, they would have a real constitutional conflict on their hands. And FISA would be lost, not that they wouldn't try to do it in secret.... Which they do
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
scottimus
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

I believe there are more than 10 Republican Senators, as of now, that would vote Trump out.

Probably more like 20. I pray they don't get the chance.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
Rapier108
scottimus said:

Rapier108 said:

Quote:

I believe there are more than 10 Republican Senators, as of now, that would vote Trump out.

Probably more like 20. I pray they don't get the chance.
I can think of a few (Flake and Corker will be gone at the end of the year) but Graham, McCain, Rubio, and Sasse would for sure.
hbtheduce
AG
Democrats want President Mike Pence. Perfect impeachment insurance.
RoscoePColtrane
Interesting take

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/02/were-strzok-page-texts-deleted-sources-say-ig-flagged-gaps-in-record.html
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The sources told Fox News that the IG's office, so far, has not found evidence that officials from either agency deleted any messages. It is unclear at this point if the office is still investigating the matter, and whether technical glitches might instead be at issue.
Samsung takes another hit.
oysterbayAG
AG
The Senate Republicans would be really stupid to provide the margin to convict Trump. Trump's 50 Million voters would go by by and the Republican Party down the tubes !!
RoscoePColtrane
Michael Caputo's full closing statement to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Headed up by Burr and Warner

Code 7 10-42
Mission Velveta
I posted this in the Rosenstein thread, but I figured you guys would appreciate this Op Ed. If Rich Lowry has come to see the light, it's over for conservative media support of the Mueller probe...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/02/rod-rosenstein-jumps-the-shark-218317
oysterbayAG
AG
Each day, more and more, Mueller seams to be a deranged blood thirsty cutthroat ! I hope Trump & Giuliani tell him to F*** Off.!
BigNastyNate
AG
Is there not a way to crowdsource some funding for these poor people losing everything due to being associated with this administration? Just seems so sickening to think about the level of corruption that goes unpunished due to being in the 'right' political and then to see these families destroyed and torn apart simply because their in the 'wrong' political circles.

Grassroots campaign to pressure the GOP into putting the heat on DOJ to stop this insanity?

If the big boys from both sides want to duke it out, great, they have the means. But why is the collateral damage seemingly on the republican side? Why does no one care?

Disgusting.
fullback44
AG
BigNastyNate said:

Is there not a way to crowdsource some funding for these poor people losing everything due to being associated with this administration? Just seems so sickening to think about the level of corruption that goes unpunished due to being in the 'right' political and then to see these families destroyed and torn apart simply because their in the 'wrong' political circles.

Grassroots campaign to pressure the GOP into putting the heat on DOJ to stop this insanity?

If the big boys from both sides want to duke it out, great, they have the means. But why is the collateral damage seemingly on the republican side? Why does no one care?

Disgusting.
Totally disgusting... I hope Mueller and Comey both end up in jail for things they did in the past..
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Giuliani interview on Hannity is nice insightful take on the mindset of not only Rudy but also the opposition to the mueller investigation.

Some highlights:

- Jeff Sessions never should've recused himself

-he won't allow trump to be treated worse than Hillary in any part of this

-Cohen paid stormy without campaign funds and trump repaid him via retainer fees without capiagn funds. All payments were perfectly legal.

-sessions and Rosenstein could redeem themselves by calling off the investigation. Never should've been an investigation.

-Rosenstein is compromised in multiple ways. He was present as a witness to Mueller's FBI job interview with trump and mueller was turned down one day for that job by Trump amd hired by Rosenstein as SC the next..,

-the only crimes have been committed by the government

-Comey is FOS

I'm missing more but very insightful interview. Partial video of hour long segment:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5779706421001/
fasthorse05
He completley eviscerated Comey's character. The only thing he didn't go after was his standing as a man, but he came pretty close.

Well done! If you're judged by your friends and associates, and Comey is besties with Meuller, among many of the other actors, that says a lot!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
techno-ag
AG
I'm beginning to think some of this stuff, dragging on as long as it has, is going to seriously hurt Democrats in the midterms.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane

Tucker's Show

Both Sides to be fair

Code 7 10-42
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Is that all Rosenstein will release of the clarification / further delineation of mueller's authority ? The actual list is missing.
RoscoePColtrane
HeardAboutPerio said:

Is that all Rosenstein will release of the clarification / further delineation of mueller's authority ? The actual list is missing.
So far
Code 7 10-42
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Wow to effectively say that this investigation is punishment for working on Trumps campaign and that the intention is to make anyone reconsider working on a campaign for Republicans in the future is pretty damning. He says he'd never work in a republican campaign again because the democrats will crush you in the aftermath with litigation.
RoscoePColtrane
HeardAboutPerio said:

Wow to effectively say that this investigation is punishment for working on Trumps campaign and that the intention is to make anyone reconsider working on a campaign for Republicans in the future is pretty damning. He says he'd never work in a republican campaign again because the democrats will crush you in the aftermath with litigation.
And this is straight from the Alinsky playbook.

The Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky

• "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
  • "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
  • "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
  • "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
  • "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
  • "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
  • "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
  • "Keep the pressure on."
  • "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
  • "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
  • "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside"
  • "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
  • "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."
Code 7 10-42
Secolobo
AG
Yep it's sad and you know who the big money guy is behind the libs.
Again, only Trump with his resources could counter this....
Can I go to sleep Looch?
RoscoePColtrane
Glad to see Rudy buckle down and get ready to go to the mattresses. Being forthcoming and cooperative wasn't getting it done. Bring in the heavy hitters and let's get it on. Rudy's not going to go along with any interview, and looks like there is more than a few I've read serious positive speculation on challenging the constitutionality of the subpoena. I don't know myself, but there's an argument to be had. Screw it, the left has pulled out stops, they have stooped to anything and everything short of assassination. Any when Trump walks on this and is cleared, and I soundly believe that, the USSS better stay on extra high alert, because there are more, James Hodgkinson's out there, you can count on that.
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
You are correct. Trump is not going to roll over and go belly up. They have greatly miscalculated.
Meh_
RoscoePColtrane said:

HeardAboutPerio said:

And this is straight from the Alinsky playbook.

The Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky

• "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
  • "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
  • "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
  • "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
  • "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
  • "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
  • "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
  • "Keep the pressure on."
  • "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
  • "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
  • "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside"
  • "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
  • "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

I think that's the political playbook most everyone is using these days, and it has been effective.
#BeBest
aggiehawg
AG
Hhmm. More problems for Comey's stooge, Richman.

Herridge was just on FNC saying Richman was a SGE at the FBI from roughly June 2015 to February 2017. He did receive information on the Hillary email case during the time period. But, Ooops! he also gave many media interviews during that time defending Comey's handling of the... Hillary email case.

More leaks that Comey knew about.
First Page Last Page
Page 318 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.