Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,489,073 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

My guess is James Rybicki
Did he retire or quit? I would have thought James Baker but he quit, IIRC.

The use of the word "retired" means something. Otherwise the wording would be something like, "no longer employed by the agency."
17 years listed as voluntary seperation

Wray said in a statement to CNN that Rybicki's departure from the FBI was voluntary, stating that "Jim Rybicki notified me last month that he will be leaving the FBI to accept an opportunity in the corporate sector.

FBI enforcement officials said that Rybicki was not fired or forced out from his job at the FBI; instead, such officials told Fox News that Rybicki's departure had already been planned for some time.
What's the date on that CNN article?? After Wray was confirmed, obviously and after Lisa Page started cooperating with the OIG? July 20, 2017???
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/christopher-wray-fbi-chief-of-staff/index.html

2:44 PM ET, Tue January 23, 2018

FBI Director Chris Wray will change his chief of staff in the coming weeks, multiple sources told CNN Tuesday.

James Rybicki, who served Wray's predecessor, James Comey, in the same role, will soon leave, the sources said. Zachary Harmon, a white-collar lawyer, will take on the role.

"Jim Rybicki notified me last month that he will be leaving the FBI to accept an opportunity in the corporate sector," Wray said in a statement that was provided to CNN after the network began inquiring about the change.

"While this is an exciting move for the whole Rybicki family, Jim will be dearly missed by the FBI family -- and by me personally. His many years of dedication to the Bureau and (Justice Department), his level-headed judgment and earnest professionalism, and his steady good cheer have been an asset to us all and have contributed greatly to the safety and security of our nation."
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

My guess is James Rybicki
Did he retire or quit? I would have thought James Baker but he quit, IIRC.

The use of the word "retired" means something. Otherwise the wording would be something like, "no longer employed by the agency."
17 years listed as voluntary seperation

Wray said in a statement to CNN that Rybicki's departure from the FBI was voluntary, stating that "Jim Rybicki notified me last month that he will be leaving the FBI to accept an opportunity in the corporate sector.

FBI enforcement officials said that Rybicki was not fired or forced out from his job at the FBI; instead, such officials told Fox News that Rybicki's departure had already been planned for some time.
What's the date on that CNN article?? After Wray was confirmed, obviously and after Lisa Page started cooperating with the OIG? July 20, 2017???
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/christopher-wray-fbi-chief-of-staff/index.html

2:44 PM ET, Tue January 23, 2018

FBI Director Chris Wray will change his chief of staff in the coming weeks, multiple sources told CNN Tuesday.

James Rybicki, who served Wray's predecessor, James Comey, in the same role, will soon leave, the sources said. Zachary Harmon, a white-collar lawyer, will take on the role.

"Jim Rybicki notified me last month that he will be leaving the FBI to accept an opportunity in the corporate sector," Wray said in a statement that was provided to CNN after the network began inquiring about the change.

"While this is an exciting move for the whole Rybicki family, Jim will be dearly missed by the FBI family -- and by me personally. His many years of dedication to the Bureau and (Justice Department), his level-headed judgment and earnest professionalism, and his steady good cheer have been an asset to us all and have contributed greatly to the safety and security of our nation."

My spidey senses went on high alert. Perfect cover for someone who has been spilling his guts.
RoscoePColtrane

Quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions' Justice Department has declined to prosecute a rogue FBI agent who was the target of a viciously critical Inspector General report released on Monday, linking the agent to a number of would-be felonies.

So much for draining The Swamp.

The unnamed special agent, according to the report, committed a string of felonies in the line of duty. The agent has since retired.

Seems like if FBI Director Christopher Wray wanted to make an example of what happens to corrupt agents when they cross the line, he just took a pass on that opportunity to push Sessions for a prosecution here.
Hard to imagine this agent walking away without a multi-count felony indictment. This is why the FBI and Justice Department have little credibility with hard-working and honest Americans.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
CNN: Stormy
MSNBC: Stormy
FOX: Netanyahu/Iran/DPRK
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
End Of Message
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

CNN: Stormy
MSNBC: Stormy
FOX: Netanyahu/Iran/DPRK

It's so blatantly obvious. Any lib arguing otherwise is either a liar or has lost touch with reality.
RoscoePColtrane

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions' Justice Department has declined to prosecute a rogue FBI agent who was the target of a viciously critical Inspector General report released on Monday, linking the agent to a number of would-be felonies.

The unnamed special agent, according to the report, committed a string of felonies in the line of duty. The agent has since retired.

Seems like if FBI Director Christopher Wray wanted to make an example of what happens to corrupt agents when they cross the line, he just took a pass on that opportunity to push Sessions for a prosecution here.
Hard to imagine this agent walking away without a multi-count felony indictment. This is why the FBI and Justice Department have little credibility with hard-working and honest Americans.

Telling you, there's an immunity deal there. Maybe the guy/gal is FOS but not prosecuting is strategic .
RoscoePColtrane
Sara Carter breaking a story on the Ronny Jackson saga. VP physician responsible for reports on Jackson
Code 7 10-42
coyote68
Agree. It has a purpose. A warning shot for a bigger fish.
McInnis
AG
The story Thomas Paine says will break this week - does he have a good track record on these things?
aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

Agree. It has a purpose. A warning shot for a bigger fish.
More likely, it's too late for those who might be alerted by this OIG nugget.

I mean, those are freakin serious felonies and lots of 'em. No one walks (unless it's Hill or Bill) from that type of crap without the ability to deliver the FBI/DOJ equivalent of Pablo Escobar.

OIG has already made the referral (reading between the lines) but DOJ declined to prosecute. Only one of two ways that happens. Sessions is dirty and corrupt or there's an immunity deal and the indictments of the higher ups have been obtained. Safe to speak of it now.
FbgTxAg
AG
I don't think there's any doubt Horowitz dropped this as a message.

Either "I'm busting my ass here, found all this legit crime committed by this person, and DOJ STILL WON'T PROSECUTE!"

Or "Haha - look at the dirt we found on this guy...and we didn't even prosecute. It gets much, much worse ladies and gents. To the popcorn!"
sam callahan
Third possibility for Sessions. Doesn't have the balls to do it.

I believe that is the leader in the clubhouse at this point.
fasthorse05
I'd be shocked if that was the deal.

I've had a hard time making up my mind on Sessions, and have been pulled back from the ledge by threadreader's quality reporting---at least I think its quality reporting. The ONE thing Ive been able to ascertain from Sessions comments and writings is that he's strictly law and order. He may not be able to prove everything, but his past doesn't seem to be activist regarding the law.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I just checked, and my tin foil hat doesn't make me look fat

Sessions could be doing this to make those truly in the crosshairs become lackadaisical.
FbgTxAg
AG
Could the memo be about McCabe? He did "retire" (his words - right?) and perhaps the purpose of this is to let everyone know that McCabe has flipped, been granted immunity, and is about to bring down the house. Wink, wink, James Comey, Lynch, Clapper, Brennan, Yates, etc.

Possible?
sam callahan
Some (all?) of these guys think justice is better served by preserving the institutions of government rather than upholding the law.
aggiehawg
AG
jjeffers1 said:

Could the memo be about McCabe? He did "retire" (his words - right?) and perhaps the purpose of this is to let everyone know that McCabe has flipped, been granted immunity, and is about to bring down the house. Wink, wink, James Comey, Lynch, Clapper, Brennan, Yates, etc.

Possible?
Who knows at this point? Maybe Horowitz timed this for a reason. Maybe an underling screwed up and sent it before they were supposed to?
Garrelli 5000
AG
It says he "provided misleading testimony in a related civil matter".

What civil matters have arose from recent criminal investigations that were under the IG's watch, and who would have testified in the civil matter that has since retired?
FbgTxAg
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

What civil matters have arose from recent criminal investigations, and who would have testified in the civil matter that has since retired?
Stormy?
pacecar02

Quote:

Quote:

Possible?

status quo would lead me to believe this is another bungled case where crimes are committed and no one is held accountable...save for the incidental process crime

Unless people are made to account for their transgressions the problems within the institutions will only fester.

I hope I am surprised by the eventual outcome

My father says "I try not to put much faith or expectations on people. If it turns out someone does something good or right I'm always pleasantly surprised. If you don't expect too much from people its hard to be disappointed."
no sig
aggiehawg
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

What civil matters have arose from recent criminal investigations that were under the IG's watch, and who would have testified in the civil matter that has since retired?
Manafort's civil case?
FriscoKid
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Quote:

Time for Sessions to go. He is embarrassing.
aggiehawg
AG
jjeffers1 said:

Adam Ag 98 said:

What civil matters have arose from recent criminal investigations, and who would have testified in the civil matter that has since retired?
Stormy
No testimony yet. Judge put the kibosh on that, while Cohen is under criminal investigation.
Garrelli 5000
AG
aggiehawg said:

Adam Ag 98 said:

Manafort's civil case?
Ah - Manafort's corresponding civil suit?
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Adam Ag 98 said:

Manafort's civil case?
Now that I think about it...there was that questionable search of Manafort's storage unit. FBI claimed it was "consensual" because a low level employee didn't resist and provided keys. But the FBI agents knew better than to open the boxes, just jotted down or took photos on the titles of the boxes, then went back and got detailed search warrants based on that information alone.
Rapier108
Looks like Mueller is leaking to the New York Slimes again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/us/politics/robert-mueller-questions-trump.html
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating Russia's election interference, has at least four dozen questions on an exhaustive array of subjects he wants to ask President Trump to learn more about his ties to Russia and determine whether he obstructed the inquiry itself, according to a list of the questions obtained by The New York Times.

Oooh! That's some panic happening.
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating Russia's election interference, has at least four dozen questions on an exhaustive array of subjects he wants to ask President Trump to learn more about his ties to Russia and determine whether he obstructed the inquiry itself, according to a list of the questions obtained by The New York Times.

Oooh! That's some panic happening.
Four dozen questions? It's almost like they don't really know what the people in charge are up to anymore. It was much easier when they could get wire taps on whoever they want to listen to and give a wink and a nod to others.
oysterbayAG
AG
There had better be a good reason for not prosecuting this SA / POS because anyone with an IQ of a German Shepherd will be able to see the comparison of punishing Michael Flynn and letting this POS off scot free !
HeardAboutPerio
AG
oysterbayAG said:

There had better be a good reason for not prosecuting this SA / POS because anyone with an IQ of a German Shepherd will be able to see the comparison of punishing Michael Flynn and letting this POS off scot free !

What if Rosenstein made that decision? Depending on which case this is related to, would sessions be recused from that decision?
RoscoePColtrane
For those that can't read the Times these are the reported questions asked by Mueller. Napoletana made the claim this morning that he thinks Rudy Giuliani leaked them to the Times. Of course it's Nap so take that with a grain of sat.

Disclosure: The Bolded answers are my input.

What did you know about phone calls that Mr. Flynn made with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, in late December 2016? He was doing his job as I knew he would, what of it?
What was your reaction to news reports on Jan. 12, 2017, and Feb. 8-9, 2017? Fake News
What did you know about Sally Yates's meetings about Mr. Flynn? I knew she was lying and ignored her.
How was the decision made to fire Mr. Flynn on Feb. 13, 2017? I asked him to resign he wasn't fired
After the resignations, what efforts were made to reach out to Mr. Flynn about seeking immunity or possible pardon? None of your business that's privileged
What was your opinion of Mr. Comey during the transition? He lacked candor and wasn't doing his job
What did you think about Mr. Comey's intelligence briefing on Jan. 6, 2017, about Russian election interference? He lacked candor and wasn't being forthright with the intelligence.
What was your reaction to Mr. Comey's briefing that day about other intelligence matters? He lacked candor and wasn't being forthright with the intelligence.
What was the purpose of your Jan. 27, 2017, dinner with Mr. Comey, and what was said? I was hungry and I wanted to fell him out to see if he could be trusted. Obviously he couldn't be.
What was the purpose of your Feb. 14, 2017, meeting with Mr. Comey, and what was said? I needed to ask him a few questions and that's None of your business that's privileged
What did you know about the F.B.I.'s investigation into Mr. Flynn and Russia in the days leading up to Mr. Comey's testimony on March 20, 2017? I knew Mike Flynn was a patriot and the FBI lacked candor and weren't being forthright with information.
What did you do in reaction to the March 20 testimony? Describe your contacts with intelligence officials. I knew Comey was lying under oath and should be prosecuted. As far as my contacts None of your business that's privileged.
What did you think and do in reaction to the news that the special counsel was speaking to Mr. Rogers, Mr. Pompeo and Mr. Coats? Unconcerned, there was no collusion and this is a witch hunt and a waste of tax money
What was the purpose of your calls to Mr. Comey on March 30 and April 11, 2017? I needed to ask him a few questions and that's None of your business that's privileged
What was the purpose of your April 11, 2017, statement to Maria Bartiromo? If it weren't for Comey obstructing justice Hillary would be wearing orange
What did you think and do about Mr. Comey's May 3, 2017, testimony? Comey was lying under oath and should be prosecuted. And he admitted to leaking classified information.
Regarding the decision to fire Mr. Comey: When was it made? Why? Who played a role? I wanted to fire hime immediately but waited to get the input of his two immediate supervisors.
What did you mean when you told Russian diplomats on May 10, 2017, that firing Mr. Comey had taken the pressure off? Fake News from the NYT
What did you mean in your interview with Lester Holt about Mr. Comey and Russia? I knew there was no collusion and you've yet to produce anything saying otherwise
What was the purpose of your May 12, 2017, tweet? I knew the White House had been bugged so I let him know I knew. You really thing we needed three weeks to "renovate" the White House right after that?
What did you think about Mr. Comey's June 8, 2017, testimony regarding Mr. Flynn, and what did you do about it? I called him a liar, what about that is in question
What was the purpose of the September and October 2017 statements, including tweets, regarding an investigation of Mr. Comey? Comey lied under oath and obstructed justice and should be prosecuted.
What is the reason for your continued criticism of Mr. Comey and his former deputy, Andrew G. McCabe? Really? Dis you read the IG report you dumbass? Both are liars and leakers and have been referred for prosecution.
What did you think and do regarding the recusal of Mr. Sessions? I was pissed, I think it was weak kneed and he succumbed to pressure from Rosenstein. But I've sat by and watched as he's done very little and you've run up a $20 million bill over nothing.
What efforts did you make to try to get him to change his mind? What I discuss with my cabinet members is None of your business that's privileged
Did you discuss whether Mr. Sessions would protect you, and reference past attorneys general? What I discuss with my cabinet members is None of your business that's privileged
What did you think and what did you do in reaction to the news of the appointment of the special counsel? I thought here goes a huge waste of tax money
Why did you hold Mr. Sessions's resignation until May 31, 2017, and with whom did you discuss it? Another fake news story
What discussions did you have with Reince Priebus in July 2017 about obtaining the Sessions resignation? With whom did you discuss it? What I discuss with my chief of staff is None of your business that's privileged
What discussions did you have regarding terminating the special counsel, and what did you do when that consideration was reported in January 2018? None of your business that's privileged
What was the purpose of your July 2017 criticism of Mr. Sessions? To let him know I wasn't happy with his performance and to give you pearl clutchers something to talk about
When did you become aware of the Trump Tower meeting? None of your business that's privileged
What involvement did you have in the communication strategy, including the release of Donald Trump Jr.'s emails? None of your business that's privileged
During a 2013 trip to Russia, what communication and relationships did you have with the Agalarovs and Russian government officials? This has nothing to do with your original task I was a private citizen who owned the event taking place there. I wasn't POTUS then and wasn't running for POTUS then
What communication did you have with Michael D. Cohen, Felix Sater and others, including foreign nationals, about Russian real estate developments during the campaign? I wasn't involved in the deals it was mentioned in passing, I was busy campaigning my ass off in front of record crowds and a record number of whistle stop rallies in the history of presidential campaigns.
What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding any meeting with Mr. Putin? Did you discuss it with others? I said many times publicly and privately that I'd like to find a way to work with Russia in dealing with ISIS if at al possible. I told that to millions of people on the campaign trail
What discussions did you have during the campaign regarding Russian sanctions? I thought they were smoke and mirrors by Barry, because we knew they sold our uranium to them.
What involvement did you have concerning platform changes regarding arming Ukraine? I was the candidate and the face of the party, so I was involved at every level.
During the campaign, what did you know about Russian hacking, use of social media or other acts aimed at the campaign? No one has ever shown proof of Russian hacking to this day, and the FBI never examined the server, a complete hoax. Hillary Clinton spent $800 million in attack ads on me, do you really think I noticed $100k on Facebook?
What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign? NONE
What did you know about communication between Roger Stone, his associates, Julian Assange or WikiLeaks? Roger spoke publicly about it, but I know he never met with him that anybody could tell.
What did you know during the transition about an attempt to establish back-channel communication to Russia, and Jared Kushner's efforts? Every administration since the invention of the telephone have used back channels of communication, Jared is a key member of my foreign policy team in the middle east and he was doing his job.
What do you know about a 2017 meeting in Seychelles involving Erik Prince? I knew very little about it but had no issue with it. Prince is a private citizen that met with another private citizen from Russia, what does that have to do with your original scope of this witch hunt you boob?
What do you know about a Ukrainian peace proposal provided to Mr. Cohen in 2017? Once again you are basing your investigation based on the media instead of your own investigations, we are done with this issue and clean out your damn office "YOU'RE FIRED!
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/991168756175880192.html

The former Imperator Rex responds to the NYTs article on Mueller's questions for Trump.
MouthBQ98
AG
Probably one of the partisan scum lackeys that he has working under him. Trying to force Trump teams' hand by putting the questions to the public so the public might demand answers with political pressure. You can bet they are perjury trap bait, because one or more is loaded.
First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.