Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,489,972 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by aggiehawg
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"the un-redacted are CLASSIFIED"

oops
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Much better. Let the leaking begin!

Damn, need more popcorn!
FriscoKid
AG
RoscoePColtrane
Why do I hear the Sopranos theme music playing

New Trump legal team members:

-Rudy Giuliani
-Jane Serene Raskin
-Marty Raskin

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
FbgTxAg
AG
Things certainly seem to be moving in an altogether different direction quite rapidly now...

I'm cautiously optimistic.
aggiehawg
AG
I was thinking more this is in store:

Garrelli 5000
AG
drcrinum said:

Well, it's now apparent who it likely was that made the PADAG (Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General) call, and it is making national news because of the OIG Criminal Referral on McCabe:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/rush-appears-sally-yates-ordered-mccabe-shut-clinton-foundation-case/

Quote:

Rush Limbaugh said Thursday that it appears former Obama deputy attorney general Sally Yates was the one who ordered former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe to shut down the investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Inspector general Michael Horowitz wrote a criminal referral against McCabe, which was reported Thursday. Horowitz's report also detailed a DOJ official (possibly Yates) who pressured McCabe to shut down the Hillary email probe.

Here's an excerpt from the IG report: "McCabe told the OIG that on August 12, 2016, he received a telephone call from PADAG [Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General] regarding the FBI's handling of the CF Investigation (the "PADAG call").

Limbaugh said that the PADAG at that time was Sally Yates, who became a heroine to the Resistance for defying President Donald Trump before her exit....

Obstruction of an ongoing investigation by someone not named Trump??? Horrors!

Boom....er....the noose is tightening.
Rapier108
AP has Comey's memos online.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4442900-Ex-FBI-Director-James-Comey-s-memos.html
aggiehawg
AG
Comey is an awful writer for a lawyer of the same age I am. (Okay, okay, He's a year or so younger.)

Still a very poor writer.
Long Live Sully
AG
aggiehawg said:

Comey is an awful writer for a lawyer of the same age I am. (Okay, okay, He's a year or so younger.)

He is tall so his brain is a long way from his heart and that makes for lack of oxygen to his medula oblongata. No matter what mama said. Or something...
Prosperdick
AG
They could have used him for the dossier.
Rapier108
Top House Dem: Comey Memos Could Kill Russia Probe, Ensnare Deputy AG In Contempt Of Congress

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/04/19/comey-docs-n2472690
drcrinum
Adam Ag 98 said:

drcrinum said:

Boom....er....the noose is tightening.

Don't forget: There is an element of animosity between Horowitz & Yates -- she is going to go down too. In 2015 Yates prevented Horowitz from performing his oversight duties by locking him out of the DOJ/National Security Division -- her infamous 58 page ruling can be read here:
https://www.ignet.gov/sites/default/files/files/OLC%20IG%20Act%20Opinion%20-%207-20-15%20.pdf

Now with Yates being the apparent source of the PADAG Call that played such an integral part in the OIG Report on McCabe, the stage is set for the McCabe-Comey feud to expand into a love/hate triangulation. Wouldn't it be spectacular if all three were indicted? Who would survive?

backintexas2013
AG
Comey already said he would testify against McCabe. That should shake up McCabe
aggiehawg
AG
backintexas2013 said:

It's a death match now. If called, Comey takes the 5th. So does McCabe and never testifies.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, now we are done with Comey's memos. A lot of hooey that Mueller cannot even use for an obstruction case against Trump. Which is prolly why he let his bestie go off on this self immolating book tour. (Mueller, like many people, likes to watch fires. Who knew?)

drcrinum

Quote:

Press Releases
Nunes, Gowdy, Goodlatte Statement on Comey Memos
Washington, April 19, 2018

Washington, D.C. Today House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Ca.), House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) issued the following statement:
"We have long argued former Director Comey's self-styled memos should be in the public domain, subject to any classification redactions. These memos are significant for both what is in them and what is not.

Former Director Comey's memos show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated. The memos also made clear the 'cloud' President Trump wanted lifted was not the Russian interference in the 2016 election cloud, rather it was the salacious, unsubstantiated allegations related to personal conduct leveled in the dossier.

The memos also show former Director Comey never wrote that he felt obstructed or threatened. While former Director Comey went to great lengths to set dining room scenes, discuss height requirements, describe the multiple times he felt complimented, and myriad other extraneous facts, he never once mentioned the most relevant fact of all, which was whether he felt obstructed in his investigation.

The memos also make certain what has become increasingly clear of late: former Director Comey has at least two different standards in his interactions with others. He chose not to memorialize conversations with President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, Secretary Clinton, Andrew McCabe or others, but he immediately began to memorialize conversations with President Trump. It is significant former Director Comey made no effort to memorialize conversations with former Attorney General Lynch despite concerns apparently significant enough to warrant his unprecedented appropriation of the charging decision away from her and the Department of Justice in July of 2016.

These memos also lay bare the notion that former Director Comey is not motivated by animus. He was willing to work for someone he deemed morally unsuited for office, capable of lying, requiring of personal loyalty, worthy of impeachment, and sharing the traits of a mob boss. Former Director Comey was willing to overlook all of the aforementioned characteristics in order to keep his job. In his eyes, the real crime was his own firing.
The memos show Comey was blind to biases within the FBI and had terrible judgment with respect to his deputy Andrew McCabe. On multiple occasions he, in his own words, defended the character of McCabe after President Trump questioned McCabe.
Finally, former Director Comey leaked at least one of these memos for the stated purpose of spurring the appointment of Special Counsel, yet he took no steps to spur the appointment of Special Counsel when he had significant concerns about the objectivity of the Department of Justice under Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

As we have consistently said, rather than making a criminal case for obstruction or interference with an ongoing investigation, these memos would be Defense Exhibit A should such a charge be made."

EKUAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

backintexas2013 said:

It's a death match now. If called, Comey takes the 5th. So does McCabe and never testifies.

But would NSA have recorded what was said thru the computer of whoever's office the discussion took place?

Sarc
ArcticPenguin
aggiehawg said:

Agree, it reads like "Dear Diary"
aggiehawg
AG
EKUAg said:

aggiehawg said:

backintexas2013 said:

But would NSA have recorded what was said thru the computer of whoever's office the discussion took place?

Sarc
Snowden would know.

Not sarc.
policywonk98
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

aggiehawg said:

Agree, it reads like "Dear Diary"

This reminds me. I should never release my book of love poems here on Texags. You guys(and dames) are brutal.

Really has been a terrible week for Comey.

Dems hated the guy before Trump called him into question publically and then fired him. Makes me wonder if the lib editors at Flatiron Books wanted to make alot of money off of a man that everyone hates equally.
tallgrant
Now I understand Senator Nadler's comments. It imperils Mueller's investigation becsuse it shows what a flimsy charge it was founded on.
aggiehawg
AG
tallgrant said:

Now I understand Senator Nadler's comments. It imperils Mueller's investigation becsuse it shows what a flimsy charge it was founded on.
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!
drcrinum

The First Memo was dated 1/6/2017 and was the Intelligence briefing to Trump & Co. at Trump Tower, given by Comey, Clapper & Brennan. The above highlighted statement by Comey appears very unusual:

Quote:

... I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to the PE about alone or in a very small group....

Clapper was Director of National Intelligence, a Cabinet level position. Why wouldn't he speak for himself? I believe the answer is multi-factor:
1) All 3 Obama officials knew that the FBI had opened a Trump-Russian investigation in July 2016 and that the FBI had obtained a FISA warrant back in October 2016 on Carter Page using the dossier as the principal supporting document. I am assured Clapper knew because he normally prepared the President's Daily Brief report & such info would have been included, & Brennan would have received a copy of the PDB. (Besides, they are all part of the scheme.)
2) The plotters knew that the dossier had to be published in the MSM before the Inauguration if it was to have any potential effect in crippling the incoming PE, and they had to inform Trump about it to remove themselves from suspicion...before green lighting the MSM to publish it.
3) Comey was selected to brief Trump about it because he was a master at evasion and parsing words.

This was a plot. They had Trump under investigation and hid it from him, hoping that something would turn up to take him down. By keeping it secret (Comey's modus operandi: never acknowledge the existence of an ongoing investigation), including the FISA warrant based upon the dossier, then if something was discovered, Comey & McCabe could spring the trap and bring Trump down.

Otherwise, there is nothing else in the Memos IMO. I think Comey was afraid that Trump may have been recording their conversations, so he was very careful and didn't over-extend the boundaries. He comes across as very paranoid -- that is why he was afraid the conversations were being recorded...aka Nixon.

drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

This was a plot.
Indeed it was.
DeWrecking Crew
Unfortunately the criminal referral will go nowhere...I can see Sessions recusing himself leaving it to McCabe's buddy RR
RoscoePColtrane
Well these memos are nothing bad for POTUS

However how the hell can Comey lay claim that these were not considered work product and in fact were addressed to Rybicki in official form and through official email. This is damning for Comey on two of his charges in the criminal referral. This is in fact work product and he stole them and leaked them.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Unfortunately the criminal referral will go nowhere...I can see Sessions recusing himself leaving it to McCabe's buddy RR
McCabe lied about the Clinton Foundation investigation leak. Sessions isn't recused.
RoscoePColtrane
I find this hilarious

Quote:

I responded by saying that he could fire me any time he wished, but that I wanted to

stay and do a job I love and think i am doing well. i explained that i never expected

to be back in government but had found this job hugely rewarding and wanted to

serve out my term. l added that I was the reliable the way

political people sometimes use the term. I explained that he could count on me to

always tell him the truth. l said I don't do sneaky things, I don't leak, I don't do weasel moves.
But he did not tell him completely about the oppo research, in fact he didn't even call it oppo research, or who paid for it or that his people were also named in it, and most certainly that he used it to get a FISA warrant on his building via Carter Page.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

RoscoePColtrane
Asked if there was a FISA warrant on Flynn?

And the answer was redacted....hmmm

Code 7 10-42
Rudebaeger
AG

Q has something to say about the memos (see the bottom of his quote):
Quote:

Apr 19 2018 21:11:51Q!xowAT4Z3VQ1107913
>>1107523
Memos are FAKE.
Guided by LL/+3 CLAS.
Think SC.
All written same time.
Q

Did Nunes or the some in the DOJ or Congress get the date/times that these memos were written (and possibly when updates were made to them) ?

I have always felt that these memos were fakes, because he only wrote memos about Trump AND he released leaked the only memos that he wrote. Hmmmm. That appears suspicious.

RoscoePColtrane
Please spare us Q gibberish and leave it in the Q thread
Code 7 10-42
Aggieland Proud
AG
Serious question -- when do folks start calling the actions of Comey, Clapper, McCabe, Yates, etal, as being treasonous? To my simple mind, this was nothing more than a coup attempt.
First Page Last Page
Page 282 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.