Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,490,576 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by aggiehawg
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another thread by Rosie Trump, this time on Cohen.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/984961075044069377.html

After reading this, my antennae went up. I am suspicious that Cohen was selling dirt on Trump after he resigned from Trump Org in January 2017. BTW, Cohen may have voted for Hillary...

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

My gut talking here. Mueller is on a mission. His tactics are brutish and have pushed the bounds of prosecutorial misconduct. He's not a lawyer, he's a legal assassin. Beria.
with all due respect, my gut says otherwise. Mueller reminds me of every other state court trial lawyer that wanders into my neck of the woods. Bristled up, gung-ho, ready to crush the opposition.

We let his type go on right until his face is about to hit the wood chipper. Then he realizes his depth is the wrong depth. He's a great player but he's in the wrong system. You don't have to trick**** him. He's done it to himself. Time will tell.
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

aggiehawg said:

My gut talking here. Mueller is on a mission. His tactics are brutish and have pushed the bounds of prosecutorial misconduct. He's not a lawyer, he's a legal assassin. Beria.
with all due respect, my gut says otherwise. Mueller reminds me of every other state court trial lawyer that wanders into my neck of the woods. Bristled up, gung-ho, ready to crush the opposition.

We let his type go on right until his face is about to hit the wood chipper. Then he realizes his depth is the wrong depth. He's a great player but he's in the wrong system. You don't have to trick**** him. He's done it to himself. Time will tell.
That thought will enable me to have good night's sleep.

Thanks, darlin'.
RoscoePColtrane
I understand your pause on the whole Stormy fiasco that went on today but something seemed odd today about how all of it played out that seemed different from the last few months and I will explain. It has nothing to do with any legal reasoning and has to do with pure political theater, that smelled of old scores being settled. Bear with me and I will explain.

The mere presence or need thereof, for Daniels to even show up today smelled of scripted drama. If you saw the hoard of press was there for her grand entrance it was way more over the top than usual, it was TMZ level pre-alerted poparazzi coverage, like the Kardashian like swarms. These people were alerted in advance and were literally falling over each other and trampling one another to get the shot. Her showing up wasn't spontaneous and held no legal purpose to the proceeding, other than political theater. At first I thought it was being directed at Trump and they were using this proceeding as a vehicle to deliver it. However when it was over the short appearance before the press set off a different alarm to me.

A couple if things stand out here. This press gaggle was preplanned most certainly. Daniels came out and gave a prepared statement and then did the over dramatic exit to the waiting vehicle, with all the heavy personal security, on camera. Her words were directed directly at Cohen and really had no direction toward the POTUS. Then after the overly dramatic pause by Avenatti to gather himself and put on his "game face" he said he's take questions. The meat of his answers were also directed like a laser beam at Cohen. And listen to the voice that is shouting ridiculous Trump questions from the back of the gaggle, the first one Avenatti refused to answer claiming it was ridiculous, went on with his diatribe on Cohen, then the same voice hurls another Trump question which Avenatti briefly answered, but instead of it being gotcha answer towards Trump, it almost came across as sympathetic towards Trump's position. More fodder from the gaggle, and then the same voice hurls another Trump question and Avenatti again answers it but really nothing damaging towards the POTUS. The throwing in of the "truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" screamed political theater, then a couple of other nothing questions from the gaggle and like on cue the same voice hurls out the closer question and does he and his client fear for their safety, and the pre-scripted answer is given and he walks away, just like it was scripted.

All the MSM ate it up like tripe, it was on every outlet and honestly gave the trolls some talking points against Hannity and Trump, but really painted both of them as victims of Cohen. There was just enough Trump fodder thrown in to keep the left engaged but nothing damaging or new. It eviscerated Cohen and just really stunk of scripted theater. Now keep in mind we are dealing with a POTUS that is king of theater and manipulating the press to his favor. He saved hundreds of millions of dollars during the campaign directing the MSM where he wanted them to go and keep the spotlight on him. Trump knows his people, nothing to do with Daniels is ever going to stick with them, this was directed more at those in the middle that really aren't sure what to make of it, but the majority don't give a damn about Daniels and or whether she did the POTUS 12 years ago or not. None of this tabloid garbage ever sticks to him. Think about this reporting about this raid, five old talking points were resurrected. Trump's Taxes, Billy Bush Tapes, the love child rumor from 30 years ago, the Stormy affair and the Playmate affair. None of it new, none of it with any real substance. Tripe for the left, not even a hint of anything Russia and was just smokeless much less a smoking gun.

This was a score settled against Michael Cohen, what minimal overspray ends up on the POTUS was expected and endurable and it keeps narrative rolling on anything but Russia. This fills the space between now and the release of the IG report, which I think will result in the immediate dismissal of Rosenstein, and will chop Mueller off at the knees, and will show the left has been okie doked again. I'm just not buying the drama that this was bad for the POTUS. Sean Hannity was mild collateral damage that will turn out to be nothing, and everyone knows that Hannity will take a bullet for Trump and be proud to do it. The left has been screaming "wag the Dog" since last Friday, well they just got a full blown taste of "Wag the Dog" and don't even realize it. Are we forgetting who Trumps biggest loyalist is and most trusted confident? Mark Burnett is the "King of reality TV" this is what he does, and does it better than anyone in the history of television. All the top reality TV shows come straight from Mark Burnett. Keep that in mind.

Two pennies worth that mean nothing until everything plays out.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Frisco
AG
Definitely a "show"
Garrelli 5000
AG
Her muppet voice w/the crack at the last word of each sentence is annoying. I work with someone with a similar voice/talking style and it makes me want to jump of the nearest window when I'm stuck in a meeting with her, which fortunately is rare.
Synopsis
RoscoePColtrane said:

I understand your pause on the whole Stormy fiasco that went on today but something seemed odd today about how all of it played out that seemed different from the last few months and I will explain. It has nothing to do with any legal reasoning and has to do with pure political theater, that smelled of old scores being settled. Bear with me and I will explain.

The mere presence or need thereof, for Daniels to even show up today smelled of scripted drama. If you saw the hoard of press was there for her grand entrance it was way more over the top than usual, it was TMZ level pre-alerted poparazzi coverage, like the Kardashian like swarms. These people were alerted in advance and were literally falling over each other and trampling one another to get the shot. Her showing up wasn't spontaneous and held no legal purpose to the proceeding, other than political theater. At first I thought it was being directed at Trump and they were using this proceeding as a vehicle to deliver it. However when it was over the short appearance before the press set off a different alarm to me.

A couple if things stand out here. This press gaggle was preplanned most certainly. Daniels came out and gave a prepared statement and then did the over dramatic exit to the waiting vehicle, with all the heavy personal security, on camera. Her words were directed directly at Cohen and really had no direction toward the POTUS. Then after the overly dramatic pause by Avenatti to gather himself and put on his "game face" he said he's take questions. The meat of his answers were also directed like a laser beam at Cohen. And listen to the voice that is shouting ridiculous Trump questions from the back of the gaggle, the first one Avenatti refused to answer claiming it was ridiculous, went on with his diatribe on Cohen, then the same voice hurls another Trump question which Avenatti briefly answered, but instead of it being gotcha answer towards Trump, it almost came across as sympathetic towards Trump's position. More fodder from the gaggle, and then the same voice hurls another Trump question and Avenatti again answers it but really nothing damaging towards the POTUS. The throwing in of the "truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" screamed political theater, then a couple of other nothing questions from the gaggle and like on cue the same voice hurls out the closer question and does he and his client fear for their safety, and the pre-scripted answer is given and he walks away, just like it was scripted.

All the MSM ate it up like tripe, it was on every outlet and honestly gave the trolls some talking points against Hannity and Trump, but really painted both of them as victims of Cohen. There was just enough Trump fodder thrown in to keep the left engaged but nothing damaging or new. It eviscerated Cohen and just really stunk of scripted theater. Now keep in mind we are dealing with a POTUS that is king of theater and manipulating the press to his favor. He saved hundreds of millions of dollars during the campaign directing the MSM where he wanted them to go and keep the spotlight on him. Trump knows his people, nothing to do with Daniels is ever going to stick with them, this was directed more at those in the middle that really aren't sure what to make of it, but the majority don't give a damn about Daniels and or whether she did the POTUS 12 years ago or not. None of this tabloid garbage ever sticks to him. Think about this reporting about this raid, five old talking points were resurrected. Trump's Taxes, Billy Bush Tapes, the love child rumor from 30 years ago, the Stormy affair and the Playmate affair. None of it new, none of it with any real substance. Tripe for the left, not even a hint of anything Russia and was just smokeless much less a smoking gun.

This was a score settled against Michael Cohen, what minimal overspray ends up on the POTUS was expected and endurable and it keeps narrative rolling on anything but Russia. This fills the space between now and the release of the IG report, which I think will result in the immediate dismissal of Rosenstein, and will chop Mueller off at the knees, and will show the left has been okie doked again. I'm just not buying the drama that this was bad for the POTUS. Sean Hannity was mild collateral damage that will turn out to be nothing, and everyone knows that Hannity will take a bullet for Trump and be proud to do it. The left has been screaming "wag the Dog" since last Friday, well they just got a full blown taste of "Wag the Dog" and don't even realize it. Are we forgetting who Trumps biggest loyalist is and most trusted confident? Mark Burnett is the "King of reality TV" this is what he does, and does it better than anyone in the history of television. All the top reality TV shows come straight from Mark Burnett. Keep that in mind.

Two pennies worth that mean nothing until everything plays out.

Wall of text.
stetson
AG
Username checks out.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Username checks out!
RoscoePColtrane
With Video support..... be thorough if you're gonna critique.
Code 7 10-42
TRADUCTOR
Minds will implode, better than Q... "The chickens will come home to roost" hmmmm
drcrinum

Great synopsis. Roscoe, you definitely possess journalistic talents. You may have missed your calling.
BMX Bandit
drcrinum said:

Great synopsis. Roscoe, you definitely possess journalistic talents. You may have missed your calling.

Pulitzer winner would be quite an add to his already long list of life events & accomplishments
akm91
AG
Except for catching those Duke boys.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/986198273370271744.html

an excerpt from the thread:

Quote:

...Harding then turned it into his "Collusion" book in Nov 2017. He added an epilogue in late 2017 covering the George Papadopolous drunken bar meeting with Alexander Downer.

BUT he kept this same story about GCHQ being *the start of everything*. This cover story has never been retracted by the #resistance, though it barely gets mentioned anymore and the focus has moved to Papadopolous and the Steele Dossier.

So to recap: the Brits/GCHQ caught the Kremlin talking to Trump associates in late 2015, and gave this info to the FBI and CIA.

The FBI and CIA then did NOTHING. Yet the FBI later opened a major counterintelligence investigation into a presidential candidate based on just one drunk conversation in a bar between Alexander Downer and the low-level no-experience-at-all George Papadopolous?

An interesting thread discussing the background of GCHQ & EU intel agencies in providing information that led to the initiation of the Trump-Russia investigation. After you read the thread, you will realize that there is a major hole in the story: Who were the Trump-related individuals that the Russians were speaking to in the telecoms, and what was the content of those calls? My antennae are receiving suspicious signals that the Russians duped the GCHQ into following a false trail...leading to a potential benefit for the campaign of the Russkies' favored candidate, HRC.

Meh_
aggiehawg said:

Need to slow your roll on the drawandstrike thread. Or rather they do.

Trump has exposure on the Cohen front. Why I started the "Let's Talk about Stormy" thread weeks and weeks ago.

The OIG report will change the narrative but not completely eliminate the current threats. Mueller has the rolling barrage tactic going. Attacking on different fronts. He's not done using that strategy unless the IG report decapitates him. Might deliver a solid kneecap to his investigation, but won't kill it.

On that note, what if the deep state keeps the IG report from doing any major harm to Mueller's onslaught?
#BeBest
Rockdoc
AG
Just a side note, but is AG Sessions still alive? Just wanted to make sure he hadn't recused himself from life.
drcrinum
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/04/16/george-soros-judge-demands-all-cohen-records-placed-in-federal-searchable-database/#more-148124

The latest from TCTH concerning the Cohen circus, the judge presiding over the case being a former Playboy Bunny and who just presided at Geroge Soros' wedding to a 42 year old 'babe'...you can't make this stuff up...no one would ever dare to write a novel with such a lead-character judge. It is guaranteed that everything in Cohen's records will be leaked before this scenario is over. No question that the media is going to provide 24 hour coverage on this clown show in order to distract the MSM audience from the upcoming OIG Report.
RoscoePColtrane
Rosenstein is stalling on releasing the 7 memos asking for an extension. Seven Memos, how many pages could it be? They gave them a month damn, there must be something devastating to Mueller's case in there
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Wondering if they two hopped Cohen off of Carter Page, it's being reported he was under surveillance back in the same timeframe.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://truepundit.com/feds-drop-bombshell-comey-illegal-scheme-involved-entire-u-s-intel-community/

Quote:

...Following the Trump Tower sit down with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, investigators began digitally wiretapping Paul Manafort, Trump Jr., and Jared Kushner who were also at the meeting.

Federal agents previously disclosed to True Pundit that after the concocted Russian meeting, the British spy agency GCHQ could officially justify wiretapping Trump associates as an intelligence front for NSA because Russian lawyer Veselnitskaya was considered an international security risk and prior to the June sit down was not even allowed entry into the United States or the UK, federal sources said.

Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who spearheaded the Trump Tower meeting with the Trump campaign trio, was previously barred from entering the United Sates due to her alleged connections to the Russian FSB (the modern replacement of the cold-war-era KGB).

Yet mere days before the June meeting, Veselnitskaya was granted a rare visa to enter the United States from Preet Bharara, the then U.S. Attorney for the southern district of New York. Bharara could not be reached for comment and did not respond the a Twitter inquiry on the Russian's visa by True Pundit.

Now, according to new Intel gems from the Whiter House insider, Fusion GPS may have played a role in paying Veselnitskaya's way into the United States as well as a possible stipend, travel expenses and accommodations.

Veselnitskaya returned to Russia after the meeting, sources confirmed.

Federal law enforcement sources said Bharara was simply following the orders of Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who lobbied the State Department to issue the disavowed Russian a B1/B2 non-immigrant visa. This permitted Veselnitskaya entry into the United States for the sole purpose of entrapping Trump associates to use as fuel to commission wiretaps, federal sources said.

Veselnitskaya may have been paid as well by the U.S. government, FBI sources said. It was reported previously by True Pundit that Steele, who compiled the Trump dossier was paid at least $100,000 from FBI funds as well. But that came later, after the wiretapping was well underway.

The illegal eavesdropping started long before Steele's dossier. Federal sources said the wiretaps on Trump insiders began in late 2015, almost a year before the 2016 election. The targets then were Flynn and Page, sources confirmed. When no smoking gun was recovered from those initial taps, U.S. intelligence agencies moved to broaden the scope through their newly-formed alliance.

Anonymous sources, but I am beginning to think there is a lot of truth in the above.
MooreTrucker
AG
The problem is that the left will laugh that stuff off as fiction from truepundit, right? And the MSM will ignore it?
RoscoePColtrane
When the IG report points it all out, going to hard to ignore when the indictments start getting unsealed.
Code 7 10-42
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum said:

https://truepundit.com/feds-drop-bombshell-comey-illegal-scheme-involved-entire-u-s-intel-community/

Quote:

...Following the Trump Tower sit down with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, investigators began digitally wiretapping Paul Manafort, Trump Jr., and Jared Kushner who were also at the meeting.

Federal agents previously disclosed to True Pundit that after the concocted Russian meeting, the British spy agency GCHQ could officially justify wiretapping Trump associates as an intelligence front for NSA because Russian lawyer Veselnitskaya was considered an international security risk and prior to the June sit down was not even allowed entry into the United States or the UK, federal sources said.

Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who spearheaded the Trump Tower meeting with the Trump campaign trio, was previously barred from entering the United Sates due to her alleged connections to the Russian FSB (the modern replacement of the cold-war-era KGB).

Yet mere days before the June meeting, Veselnitskaya was granted a rare visa to enter the United States from Preet Bharara, the then U.S. Attorney for the southern district of New York. Bharara could not be reached for comment and did not respond the a Twitter inquiry on the Russian's visa by True Pundit.

Now, according to new Intel gems from the Whiter House insider, Fusion GPS may have played a role in paying Veselnitskaya's way into the United States as well as a possible stipend, travel expenses and accommodations.

Veselnitskaya returned to Russia after the meeting, sources confirmed.

Federal law enforcement sources said Bharara was simply following the orders of Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who lobbied the State Department to issue the disavowed Russian a B1/B2 non-immigrant visa. This permitted Veselnitskaya entry into the United States for the sole purpose of entrapping Trump associates to use as fuel to commission wiretaps, federal sources said.

Veselnitskaya may have been paid as well by the U.S. government, FBI sources said. It was reported previously by True Pundit that Steele, who compiled the Trump dossier was paid at least $100,000 from FBI funds as well. But that came later, after the wiretapping was well underway.

The illegal eavesdropping started long before Steele's dossier. Federal sources said the wiretaps on Trump insiders began in late 2015, almost a year before the 2016 election. The targets then were Flynn and Page, sources confirmed. When no smoking gun was recovered from those initial taps, U.S. intelligence agencies moved to broaden the scope through their newly-formed alliance.

Anonymous sources, but I am beginning to think there is a lot of truth in the above.

I'd LOVE to hear the reasoning from Bharara or Lynch on why the visa was issued...just a simple explanation. Perhaps Veselnitskaya had another reason to be in the United States.

Truly makes me ill the lengths our DOJ and FBI went to in order to illegally monitor U.S. Americans and completely subvert our electoral process. Talk about meddling in the election.
RoscoePColtrane
John Solomon reporting on it last year

Quote:

The Moscow lawyer had been turned down for a visa to enter the U.S. lawfully but then was granted special immigration parole by then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch for the limited purpose of helping a company owned by Russian businessman Denis Katsyv, her client, defend itself against a Justice Department asset forfeiture case in federal court in New York City.

During a court hearing in early January 2016, as Veselnitskaya's permission to stay in the country was about to expire, federal prosecutors described how rare the grant of parole immigration was as Veselnitskaya pleaded for more time to remain in the United States.

"In October the government bypassed the normal visa process and gave a type of extraordinary permission to enter the country called immigration parole," Assistant U.S. Attorney Paul Monteleoni explained to the judge during a hearing on Jan. 6, 2016.

"That's a discretionary act that the statute allows the attorney general to do in extraordinary circumstances. In this case, we did that so that Mr. Katsyv could testify. And we made the further accommodation of allowing his Russian lawyer into the country to assist," he added.

The prosecutor said the Justice Department was willing to allow the Russian lawyer to enter the United States again as the trial in the case approached so she could help prepare and attend the proceedings.

The court record indicates the presiding judge asked the Justice Department to extend Veselnitskaya's immigration parole another week until he decided motions in the case. There are no other records in the court file indicating what happened with that request or how Veselnitskaya appeared in the country later that spring.

The U.S. Attorney's office in New York confirmed Wednesday to The Hill that it let Veselnitskaya into the country on a grant of immigration parole from October 2015 to early January 2016.

Justice Department and State Department officials could not immediately explain how the Russian lawyer was still in the country in June for the meeting with Trump Jr. and the events in Washington.

Article has a lot more details

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump
Code 7 10-42
aggielostinETX
AG
Entrapment plain and simple...
Garrelli 5000
AG
This has always been confusing. When it came to light last year, one source would make it sound like she was lat BACK in just prior to the Trump tower meeting, while another writes as if she came in January and never left, despite her January appearance being for a court hearing.
akm91
AG
I don't think it matters if she left the country between January and June of 2016. Lynch's hands were all over this.

Quote:

"That's a discretionary act that the statute allows the attorney general to do in extraordinary circumstances. In this case, we did that so that Mr. Katsyv could testify. And we made the further accommodation of allowing his Russian lawyer into the country to assist," he added.
Garrelli 5000
AG
akm91 said:

I don't think it matters if she left the country between January and June of 2016. Lynch's hands were all over this.

Quote:

Agreed - she was either let back in or allowed to stay, and either option is shady.
drcrinum

richardag
This type of political intrigue and corruption appears to have been with humanity for quite some time.

"Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy."

Aristophanes

As the rhetoric escalates, and our Constitutional liberties are being trampled, I remembered a quote from Plato:
"Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty."
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
coyote68
There is an ongoing attempt to overthrow an elected POTUS. Where is Jeff Sessions? Mueller and Rosenstein appear to be traitors to our Constitution.

I support our Constitution and love my country.
Rapier108
Quote:

Where is Jeff Sessions?
Hiding under his desk from Al Franken.
fasthorse05
richardag said:

This type of political intrigue and corruption appears to have been with humanity for quite some time.

"Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy."

Aristophanes

As the rhetoric escalates, and our Constitutional liberties are being trampled, I remembered a quote from Plato:
"Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty."
Both true statements.

I just take a more optimistic view. We're the first country to have this type of government, and maybe we'll be the first to work around the obvious human nature issues.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
RoscoePColtrane
Listening to Warner on Cavuto is unbearable.

Starts at 17:45

Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.