Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,490,645 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by aggiehawg
Line Ate Member
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Even if he isn't now, are all of his communications with Trump kept confidential when he was an attorney?
BMX Bandit
Line Ate Member said:

Even if he isn't now, are all of his communications with Trump kept confidential when he was an attorney?

Only attorney-client privileged communications, not "all" communications.

Example emails from Trump to Cohen:

"The toilets are filthy. Get in here and clean them". Not privileged.

"The toilets are filthy. Can I fire the Puerto Rican maid?"
Privileged
Patentmike
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Line Ate Member said:

Only attorney-client privileged communications, not "all" communications.

Example emails from Trump to Cohen:

"The toilets are filthy. Get in here and clean them". Not privileged.

"The toilets are filthy. Can I fire the Puerto Rican maid?"
Privileged

Or even, "the boss wants to know why we got rid of so much janitorial staff". Response from Cohen, "we found out they were undocumented".
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

drcrinum

Hmmm....Rosenstein covering for himself & Mueller.
Meh_
He's toast.
#BeBest
kag00
AG
If Cohen is determined to not be acting as a lawyer then wouldn't he have committed fraud by representing himself as a lawyer? Trump would argue that he had the expectation of lawyer/client confidentiality due to the fraudulent representation. Since the communications between Trump and Cohen would have occured as a result of this fraud does that make the information gathered by the FBI any less avaliable to be used against Trump?
BMX Bandit
kag00 said:

If Cohen is determined to not be acting as a lawyer then wouldn't he have committed fraud by representing himself as a lawyer? Trump would argue that he had the expectation of lawyer/client confidentiality due to the fraudulent representation. Since the communications between Trump and Cohen would have occured as a result of this fraud does that make the information gathered by the FBI any less avaliable to be used against Trump?

It's not that he "wasn't a lawyer" the claim is he wasn't acting as lawyer.

Not everything a lawyer does with client is privileged. Like if they were doing a joint venture talking about which would contribute what money amounts.
Cepe
AG
Can Trump claim Executive Privilege for everything after he was sworn in? May not help him with the Stormy stuff, though.
Prosperdick
AG

Would be nice if it was released on the 1st...you know, mayday, mayday...what many swamp creatures will be symbolically crying.
BMX Bandit
Cepe said:

Can Trump claim Executive Privilege for everything after he was sworn in? May not help him with the Stormy stuff, though.

Not everything. Just those things done acting as President. But none of that should be in Cohen possession.
marble rye
AG
drcrinum said:

Did a double take. Scandal has really aged Matt Lauer.
Bird Poo
AG
marble rye said:

drcrinum said:

Did a double take. Scandal has really aged Matt Lauer.

LOL
BQ78
AG
Too late in my reply.
backintexas2013
AG
Looks like we have a three way fight going with Lynch, Comey, and McCabe. I think Page and Pete have rolled. They are trying to save themselves and they know they are in trouble with all the text messages. Pete has all the dirt since he was involved in both the Hillary fiasco and the Trump investigation.
Prosperdick
AG

Talk about TDS. I suppose this is the spin now about the OIG coming in May but I'm not sure how long the spin will last once it's actually released.

I love how the "rogue FBI agents" are blackmailing Comey into reopening an investigation on illegal and classified information discovered on Weiner's laptop. Apparently the FBI/DOJ has become so corrupt agents must blackmail the director to actually perform his job.

Didn't CNN have this fruitcake Abramson on their show....unreal.
GCP12
AG
friscodick said:

My God
backintexas2013
AG
What did they say to Comey? Reopen or we will stuff you in a locker?

No sane person can think "hey investigate this or we are going to the press" is blackmail.
aggiehawg
AG
Interesting exchange:

Quote:

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Dig into that. Why could the attorney general not credibly announce the results of this investigation?

JAMES COMEY: Well, for a bunch of reasons. And it sort of built over the course of the investigation. First of all, we had the problem that President Obama had twice publicly basically said, "There's no there, there." In an interview with-- on Fox, an interview on 60 Minutes I think, both times he said that. So that's his Justice Department.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Did that surprise you?

JAMES COMEY: It really did surprise me. He's a very smart man and a lawyer. And so it surprised me. He shouldn't have done it. It was inappropriate--

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you think he was trying to color the case?

JAMES COMEY: I don't know. I don't think so. He didn't have any insight into the case, at least as far as I know, more than anybody reading the newspaper did, which was zero 'cause there were no leaks. I think he felt a pressure in the political environment because he wanted Hillary Clinton to be elected, to give her a shot in the arm. And so he spoke about an investigation. And he shouldn't have done that. But that, as you can imagine, created this drumbeat that the Obama Justice Department, the fix is in because the president has told them what result they should reach.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: So that's one reason that the Justice Department is compromised. What's reason number two?

JAMES COMEY: Reason number two. And I have to talk about it very carefully. Classified information came into the possession of the U.S. intelligence community in the early part of 2016 that indicated there was material out there that raised the question of whether Loretta Lynch was controlling me and the F.B.I. and keeping the Clinton campaign informed about our investigation.

Now, I don't believe that. And I don't believe that's true. But there was material that I knew someday, when it's declassified, and I thought that would be decades in the future, would cause historians to wonder, "Hmm, was there some strange business going on there? Was Loretta Lynch somehow in -- carrying water for the campaign and controlling what the F.B.I. did?"

Again, it wasn't true. But there was material that would allow that to come out someday in the long future when it's declassified. That all changed when someday, in my mind, became maybe tomorrow. That was in the middle of June, when the Russian government, using some fronts, started dumping stolen material that had been hacked from organizations associated with the Democratic party in the United States. And all of a sudden, it dawned on me that that someday decades from now when this material comes out actually may be now, tomorrow. And again, even though I didn't believe it, the material was real. Whether what it said was true or not, I didn't know. But it would allow people, partisans and even people who were partisans, to strongly argue that something was wrong with the way the investigation--

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you investigate it?

JAMES COMEY: We did.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: And what did you find?

JAMES COMEY: Found no indication that it was true.
More Here.
Rapier108
friscodick said:

Talk about TDS. I suppose this is the spin now about the OIG coming in May but I'm not sure how long the spin will last once it's actually released.

I love how the "rogue FBI agents" are blackmailing Comey into reopening an investigation on illegal and classified information discovered on Weiner's laptop. Apparently the FBI/DOJ has become so corrupt agents must blackmail the director to actually perform his job.

Didn't CNN have this fruitcake Abramson on their show....unreal.
Abramson is a raving leftist lunatic who never has proof to back up his claims and is always wrong.

Reminds me of TF91.
stetson
AG
GCP12 said:

friscodick said:

My God
Then why don't the pro-Trump agents reveal the information now to further destroy Comey's integrity and credibility?
Bird93
AG
backintexas2013 said:

What did they say to Comey? Reopen or we will stuff you in a locker?

No sane person can think "hey investigate this or we are going to the press" is blackmail.
Re-open or we'll give you a wedgie. Comey immediately feared for his life.
fasthorse05
" raving leftist lunatic"-----------VERY REDUNDANT.

Lunatic will do nicely!

I just assume everyone knows this!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
RoscoePColtrane
Perkins Coie gets around

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
oysterbayAG
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats have hired Fusion GPS to look for dirt on the IG Michael Horowitz !
aggiehawg
AG
oysterbayAG said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats have hired Fusion GPS to look for dirt on the IG Michael Horowitz !
Fusion doesn't need a client to do that. They are that agenda driven.
Prosperdick
AG
Discrediting or smearing Horowitz is straight out of the Hillary playbook, I'm sure she would approve, literally.

If that doesn't work I hope Horowitz has a security detail.
RoscoePColtrane
Likely the reason the May 8th date on the report came up

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Very very interesting thread on Perkins Coie

The unroll thing doesn't work, but the thread id still there.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Here's a nugget for you todays Judge Kimba Wood

Quote:

Soros put a Graff wedding band on Bolton's finger during the half-hour ceremony, according to a source. Federal judge Kimba Wood officiated at the non-denominational wedding, which was attended only by family members, including Soros' five children from his two previous marriages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2428855/George-Soros-does-The-billionaire-83-gets-married-time-LAVISH-wedding-42-year-old-fiance-New-York-estate-Saturday.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soros-wedding/billionaire-soros-weds-consultant-in-third-marriage-idUSBRE98J0XZ20130922

Code 7 10-42
Rapier108
RoscoePColtrane said:

Quote:

Soros put a Graff wedding band on Bolton's finger during the half-hour ceremony, according to a source. Federal judge Kimba Wood officiated at the non-denominational wedding, which was attended only by family members, including Soros' five children from his two previous marriages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2428855/George-Soros-does-The-billionaire-83-gets-married-time-LAVISH-wedding-42-year-old-fiance-New-York-estate-Saturday.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soros-wedding/billionaire-soros-weds-consultant-in-third-marriage-idUSBRE98J0XZ20130922
And no one with a brain is shocked.

Just more proof that she's a liberal hack.
aggiehawg
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2917756/replies

I was there awhile ago.
RoscoePColtrane
Rapier108 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Quote:

And no one with a brain is shocked.

Just more proof that she's a liberal hack.
She was also picked by Bill Clinton to be Attorney General, but had to drop out when it was revealed she had an illegal alien housekeeper.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1993/02/06/us/judge-withdraws-from-clinton-list-for-justice-post.html
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/986018279608213506.html
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

Very very interesting thread on Perkins Coie

The unroll thing doesn't work, but the thread id still there.

Here's the threadreader:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/943350106153156610.html
aggiehawg
AG
Need to slow your roll on the drawandstrike thread. Or rather they do.

Trump has exposure on the Cohen front. Why I started the "Let's Talk about Stormy" thread weeks and weeks ago.

The OIG report will change the narrative but not completely eliminate the current threats. Mueller has the rolling barrage tactic going. Attacking on different fronts. He's not done using that strategy unless the IG report decapitates him. Might deliver a solid kneecap to his investigation, but won't kill it.

My gut talking here. Mueller is on a mission. His tactics are brutish and have pushed the bounds of prosecutorial misconduct. He's not a lawyer, he's a legal assassin. Beria.
First Page Last Page
Page 273 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.