Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,492,760 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by aggiehawg
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
backintexas2013 said:

When it was first reported the left was loving it because they said it was in January 2016. That was totally false but once they corrected it the left went quiet.

backintexas2013
AG
Yep it was another false boom.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Isn't Nader the convicted pedophile???

ETA: Why yes he is, according to Bloombergno less.
Holds VIP frequent flyer status on Epstein Island with his buddy Bill
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
I know I have posted this before but to recap:

Mueller's best witnesses that we know of thus far:
  • Comey--lied under oath on multiple occasions
  • Steele---running away from his dossier as "raw unverified" data
  • Glenn Simpson--on DNC and Hillary for America payroll
  • Gates--liar
  • Papadopoulus-- drunk and liar
  • Nader-- convicted pedophile
  • Flynn--liar
  • Manafort--tax cheat
  • Strzok--cheats on his wife (supposedly) alters 302s-liar
  • Bruce Ohr--demoted liar about his contacts with Steele
  • McCabe--liar
  • Lisa Page--idiot and leaker to Devlin Barrett
  • Rosenstein--complicit in both Comey's firing and Carter Page FISA-gate

Sure I'm missing a few like BSC Bannon, etc but let me say as a former attorney, if those were my main witnesses, I'd feel like Diogenes.

RoscoePColtrane
I mean no disrespect at all ma'am but when I read your writings I picture Dixie Carter for some bizarre reason.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Something really strange, when I went to quote your post originally this weird ghost image shows up that I can't see in the OP!

Code 7 10-42
CrazyDayDuck
True.

But facts and credibility of your witnesses do not matter when you're a liberal charging conservatives and D.C. is 95% Democrat.

There is a great line in the movie Deliverance where Burt Reynolds points out that any jury his buddies would face would be composed of relatives of the hillbilly he had just killed. "You want to go in front of that jury? I don't want to go in front of that jury."

I think my dad is on to something when he says we should move our Capital to another town. D.C. is just a flat out cesspool these days ... in every sense.
titan
S

Looks like a failed coding, that you are somehow able to read still or see in the display function.
CrazyDayDuck
I saw that too.

Something flaky is going on.
titan
S

Quote:

I think my dad is on to something when he says we should move our Capital to another town. D.C. is just a flat out cesspool these days ... in every sense.
Yes he is. Maybe break up some of the functions and arms of it for sure. Also, not a west or east coast city. Get rid of that over-urbanized elite perspective bubble. Related to this, it would be good to have Congress in session only rarely, like some state governments. They follow such a self-destructive and interrupting vacation routine as it is, so the only law that gets passed is generally bad and rushed. So the less legislation, the better.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I mean no disrespect at all ma'am but when I read your writings I picture Dixie Carter for some bizarre reason.
No offense taken at all. I am the Conservative version of Julia Sugarbaker. (Although, alas, I have never had her pure soprano voice since throat surgery when I was six years old. A deep voice coupled with the fact that I was tall for my age, 5' 8" when I was twelve, made many people think I was much older than I was. Worked great as a 17 year old for getting beer as a frosh at A&M. And then there was that dorm mate of my brother's, Class of '75, who asked me to go get pizza until my brother interrupted and said, "She's my little sister, she's twelve.")
RoscoePColtrane
Well I was picturing more of her Randi King character than Julia Sugarbaker but still smooth as "Tennessee Whiskey" in the words of Dean Dillon

Some guys are Joan Collins type but in my eyes Joan can't hold a candle to Dixie Carter
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
I remember her as Brandy Henderson on a soap opera, Edge of Night. And yes she played a lawyer. Might have affected me more than I thought at the time.
Prosperdick
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Well I was picturing more of her Randi King character than Julia Sugarbaker but still smooth as "Tennessee Whiskey" in the words of Dean Dillon

Some guys are Joan Collins type but in my eyes Joan can't hold a candle to Dixie Carter

Another successful Texags hookup. Just kidding but we needed some levity after this morning.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Another successful Texags hookup. Just kidding but we needed some levity after this morning.
Can't tell you how depressed and lost I felt when all of that work, cooperation, assistance, gentle corrections and just connecting pieces of the biggest damn puzzle, just went POOF!

ETA: Has this thread ever fallen off of the first page? Maybe once or twice? Since December?
oysterbayAG
AG
I think it is looking more and more like this is going to be Obama's Waterloo !
McInnis
AG
Hawg, you and Roscoe have been bringing it here everyday and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I can't add much but I check in multiple times every day to see what kind of new nuggets you guys are leaving. If someone wants to derail it in the future, I hope that everyone will just ignore him.

I was really bummed this morning when the thread was temporarily deleted. I think this has become my favorite all time TexAgs thread.

Well, OK, not more than the HornTears thread in the years when they really suck, but right after that
aggiehawg
AG
oysterbayAG said:

I think it is looking more and more like this is going to be Obama's Waterloo !
No spiking the football. A long way from that particular end zone. And he has hundreds of millions of dollars at his disposal. He'll "retire" from public appearances before the Feds get that close, assuming they even want to to go there.
Charpie
AG
That won't happen. It sucks
Cepe
AG
Whether anything happens to Obama or not is of little importance to me.

I want to see the whole crooked enterprise exposed so the wool is pulled back from the American people's eyes about his tenure.

People will know what a turd he was even if he is never prosecuted, which to me is more important.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Apropos of nothing but you aren't the first poster to compare me to Dixie Carter. Kentucky Mustangs did during the realignment saga in 2010-2011. Great poster and very knowledgeable about college sports, conference structure and media contracts.

Miss that guy.
fasthorse05
AND drcrinum!

Those three bring it---unless Roscoe is on the brushhog!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
drcrinum

https://nypost.com/2018/04/04/democrats-get-set-to-lose-your-collusion-delusions/

Quote:

What happens if President Trump is innocent?

The Washington Post recently reported that special counsel Robert Mueller has informed Trump's attorneys that the president isn't considered a target of a criminal investigation. If, after more than a year, a team of seasoned and aggressive investigators with nearly unlimited access and autonomy couldn't dig up any substantial evidence linking the president to criminality, the idea that Trump will be implicated by Mueller, much less face an indictment, is farfetched.

And the dream of impeachment? Well, that would probably die, as well.

Much of the case for the impeachment of Trump is tethered to the alleged illegitimacy of his election and much of that case relies on the findings of the Mueller investigation. Judging from the reaction we've seen so far to the reports that Trump is merely a subject, but not a target, of the special counsel, it seems most Democrats haven't fully prepared themselves for the eventuality that the investigation may end up vindicating Trump.

Circumstances can change, obviously, but what happens if election interference amounts to nothing more than Russian hacking, fake Facebook accounts and Twitter bots, all of which went largely ignored by the Obama administration until it became politically advantageous for Democrats to make an issue?

What will Democrats do if Michael Flynn, and others who misled investigators, did so for political and personal reasons having nothing to do with "collusion?" After all, to this point, not a single Mueller indictment has been linked to Trump's 2016 campaign.

For many people, of course, nothing would change. They believe, or have been convinced, that the president of the United States conspired with an antagonistic nation to wrest or steal the election from its rightful winner. A further lack of evidence on this front is unlikely to change their minds.

None of this is exactly surprising. For over a year now, a great amount of energy and attention has been expended by credible major media outlets attempting to prove a conspiracy.

And much of the political media has worked backward from a preconceived assumption of guilt, relying on a multitude of leaks as the foundations for breathless stories often walked back or corrected later which created the impression that a smoking gun proving collusion was imminent.

None ever came.

Certainly the idea that Trump conspired with Russians to win the 2016 election is so embedded in our discourse that even absolution by Mueller would be unlikely to change the perceptions of the chattering class.

If talking heads like Joe Scarborough and officials like former CIA chief John Brennan can contend that Vladimir Putin might have been blackmailing the president of the United States without a shred of evidence, what makes anyone believe Mueller's investigation is going to temper their tone?

Congressional Democrats have also regularly insinuated collusion, and sometimes outright accused Trump of engaging in seditious activities. Adam Schiff, ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, has, on more than one occasion, claimed to have seen an "abundance" of evidence corroborating this collusion....

Now add to the above picture: the OIG Report, followed by indictments likely from multiple investigations. TDS will be registering off the measuring scale. It could lead to mass psychosis/hysteria. What will the Dems do? The DNC is even broke, and if the FEC lowers the boom on the DNC over pending campaign illegalities, it may not even exist. I fear we could have anarchy by the time of the midterm elections.
whatthehey78
AG
Well drcrinum...thinking that all/most/any of your post is accurate, I'll sleep with a silly grin on my ugly mug tonight.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
drcrinum

Above is the bombshell tweet. Below is a thread on it.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/982044435998560262.html

I want to see more evidence/discussion on the interpretation of the text messages. If this is true about Strzok meeting Papadopoulos in London...nuclear explosion.
drcrinum

More to add to the above text messages.
RoscoePColtrane

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Another one out at the FBI

Quote:

Greg Brower, an FBI assistant director and head of the Office of Congressional Affairs, stepped down last Friday after a year on the job. In the role, Brower was on the receiving end of a pack of congressional probes into the law enforcement agency's conduct.

The decision, a "tough" one he made of his own accord, Brower said, follows other high-level departures from the bureau as FBI Director Christopher Wray assembles his own team of close advisers.

"It was tough but I had an offer I couldn't refuse from a great law firm," Brower said in an interview Thursday. "It was very gratifying to be a part of that team. I could not be more proud of how people work and how committed they are to the mission."

Brower was appointed to the position by then-FBI director James Comey in March of 2017 after serving as the bureau's deputy general counsel. He will join the lobbying and law firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck as a shareholder in the litigation department.

The work in the legislative affairs office has heated up during Brower's tenure, as the fallout from Comey's firing by President Donald Trump has fanned a growing mistrust of the FBI among some lawmakers and spurred a round of congressional investigations.

Not long before Brower's departure, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee slapped the Justice Department with a subpoena for documents related to a trio of recent controversial decisions made by the FBI, including the move in 2016 to not charge Hillary Clinton after the probe of her email server and the internal recommendation by an FBI office to fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

In response, Wray said last week that the pace of document production for congressional inquiries at the bureau was "too slow" and doubled the number of FBI staff responsible for reviewing the records.

On Thursday, Brower said he had worked with the FBI's Office of the General Counsel, which reviews the internal documents for release, before his departure to get a "a better plan in place" to respond to "an unprecedented wave of oversight requests."

"That's all really on track," Brower said, adding that his decision to leave had nothing to do with the probes. "As the director mentioned, it's probably taking longer than it should, but the volume is just so unprecedented that we finally had to put more people on it."

Brower's year atop the office saw big wins for the bureau on Capitol Hill, including a six-year extension of the controversial foreign surveillance program known as FISA Section 702 in January and the recent passage of the CLOUD Act, which makes it easier for the US to collect data stored overseas.

"I felt like the biggest things I set off to do in '17 were done and I felt less bad about leaving," he said.
Brower is the fifth top adviser to the director to leave his position since Trump tapped Wray to replace Comey in June.

Code 7 10-42
hbtheduce
AG
I'm confused:

Papa was on the Trump campaign starting in like April right? How does that predate a August interview with the FBI?
Rapier108
Quote:

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was fired last month for committing three violations of the bureau's ethics code, an investigative source told Fox News on Thursday.

The violations initially were uncovered by the Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General and confirmed by the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility. They included lack of candor under oath, lack of candor when not under oath, and the improper disclosure of non-public information to the media about the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The violations stemmed from McCabe's response to an October 2016 Wall Street Journal report about sizeable campaign donations from Democrats to McCabe's wife, Jill, during her campaign for the Virginia State Senate. The investigation found that McCabe instructed FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI public affairs chief Michael Kortan to work with the Journal's reporter to set the record straight.

The source said Page's statements to investigators were "critical" because they directly contradicted her boss, McCabe.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/05/new-details-about-basis-for-andrew-mccabes-firing-from-fbi-revealed.html
backintexas2013
AG
A few pages back I said that Lisa Page and Pete the Cheat were covering their asses. Looks like that's the case.
drcrinum
hbtheduce said:

I'm confused:

Papa was on the Trump campaign starting in like April right? How does that predate a August interview with the FBI?
Papadopoulos never informed the Trump Campaign that Mifsud told him that the Russians had dirt on HRC, thousands of e-mails, but he told Downer in April/May = major red herring.
Papadopoulos never told the Trump Campaign that he met with Strzok on August 1, 2016, yet he still continued to communicate with the Trump Campaign = he was likely wired at that time as well as put under electronic surveillance (where's the court order?). This was not listed in the statement of offense against Papadopoulos either. [Would be interesting if Papadopoulos is listed in the originating order at the FBi for initiating the Trump Russia collusion investigation that the FBI won't release to Nunes.]
Papadopoulos was arrested on July 27, 2017. Note the date. Same time frame as Mueller receiving the S&P text messages and removing them from his Team.
Why was Papadopoulos then subsequently charged by Mueller? Did Mueller know about Strzok meeting Papadopoulos in August? Doesn't make sense unless he knew.
Note that Papadopoulos has not been sentenced? Why? He is about to be married no less.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/982068561098113024.html

Longer thread about the newly released S&P text messages and their implications by the former Imperator Rex. He concludes that Mueller must be working with Horowitz & Sessions.
CrazyDayDuck
titan said:

Quote:

Yes he is. Maybe break up some of the functions and arms of it for sure. Also, not a west or east coast city. Get rid of that over-urbanized elite perspective bubble. Related to this, it would be good to have Congress in session only rarely, like some state governments. They follow such a self-destructive and interrupting vacation routine as it is, so the only law that gets passed is generally bad and rushed. So the less legislation, the better.

I agree on both counts.

Place it in a neutral city like Denver where neither side has a distinct advantage and the bureaucrats can enjoy some skiing.

And have them meet every-other-year for only a few months... like we do here in Texas.
Cepe
AG
I read this thread faithfully and I swear I can't keep it all straight. Lots of moving parts and people with dirty hands.
First Page Last Page
Page 248 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.