Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,492,850 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
foleyt said:

It's just a saved backup of the web page. So if it gets deleted you can go back and see what it looked like at the time of archival.
Does it update on it's own? Because if it doesn't, when something big breaks this thread tends to move quickly and build up a lot of info and documents.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
I wish someone would explain to me exactly what the rub is between the FBI/DOJ and the Committee. I understand about Rosenstein, but after all, trump appointed Wray and Sessions. I can't understan what their end game is unless they're trying to delay and protect people.
GCP12
AG
Rockdoc said:

I wish someone would explain to me exactly what the rub is between the FBI/DOJ and the Committee. I understand about Rosenstein, but after all, trump appointed Wray and Sessions. I can't understan what their end game is unless they're trying to delay and protect people.
The positive way to look at it is that they are actually investigating and they know Congress will leak like a sieve. But, it is definitely possible your assumption is right.
aggiehawg
AG
Rockdoc said:

The hope is that there are sealed indictments that would be revealed (or at least the target would be identified) if the docs are not redacted. I think that's overly optimistic.

The bigger fear is that the material will be leaked within a matter of minutes of being handed over to Congress or the Senate. Oh and just the usual turf war between FBI/DOJ and their Congressional overseers.
techno-ag
AG
Rockdoc said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

How does this archive thing work
And will texags approve? Serious question.
They do it for a lot of sites. Was an effort to document the web.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Archive
biobioprof
techno-ag said:

Rockdoc said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

I stopped looking at this thread months ago as the epitome, along with the Q thread, of tl;dr but when I saw the kerfuffle this AM I checked archive.org and could not get the snapshot from April 1 to show anything. See:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://texags.com/forums/16/

However, it looks like there were 2 snapshots made today.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180405181523/https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2912732

I suspect that people looking for the thread may have caused it to be prioritized by the Wayback machine crawling system. But that's just a guess.
techno-ag
AG
biobioprof said:

techno-ag said:

Rockdoc said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

I stopped looking at this thread months ago as the epitome, along with the Q thread, of tl;dr but when I saw the kerfuffle this AM I checked archive.org and could not get the snapshot from April 1 to show anything. See:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://texags.com/forums/16/

However, it looks like there were 2 snapshots made today.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180405181523/https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2912732

I suspect that people looking for the thread may have caused it to be prioritized by the Wayback machine crawling system. But that's just a guess.
Interesting. From Wikipedia:

Quote:

Not all web sites are available because many web site owners choose to exclude their sites. As with all sites based on data from web crawlers, the Internet Archive misses large areas of the web for a variety of other reasons. A 2004 paper found international biases in the coverage, but deemed them "not intentional".

Snapshots used to take at least 618 months to be added, but sites eventually were able to be added in real time by request.A "Save Page Now" archiving feature was made available in October 2013, accessible on the lower right of the Wayback Machine's main page. Once a target URL is entered and saved, if the target web site permits access via robots.txt, the web page will become part of the Wayback Machine.(If the robots.txt of the web page changes later, it will become inaccessible.)
DifferenceMaker Ag
aggiehawg said:

From the York article I posted above:

Quote:

Fast forward to the transition. In early January 2017, intelligence chiefs James Comey, John Brennan, Mike Rogers, and James Clapper traveled to Trump Tower to brief the president-elect on Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 campaign.

After the briefing, by a plan they devised earlier, three of them left the room, leaving Comey alone with Trump. Comey gave Trump a summary of the dossier, including the Moscow sex scene.
Imagine that. The very first time the incoming president met the FBI director face to face, the FBI's message was: We know about you and those hookers in Moscow.
Has Mueller grilled Comey, Brennan, Rogers and Clapper about this?? Was it staged?? A ruse to get the dossier publishable by reticent news outlets since the dossier was so outrageous? Did Strzok and Page know about the plan and discuss it?

Keep in mind the "missing" texts (since recovered but not released) cover that time period.
And to take this even one step further. it is highly likely that Carter Page was a plant by the Obama administration.
Prosperdick
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Fast forward to the transition. In early January 2017, intelligence chiefs James Comey, John Brennan, Mike Rogers, and James Clapper traveled to Trump Tower to brief the president-elect on Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 campaign.

After the briefing, by a plan they devised earlier, three of them left the room, leaving Comey alone with Trump. Comey gave Trump a summary of the dossier, including the Moscow sex scene.
Imagine that. The very first time the incoming president met the FBI director face to face, the FBI's message was: We know about you and those hookers in Moscow.
Has Mueller grilled Comey, Brennan, Rogers and Clapper about this?? Was it staged?? A ruse to get the dossier publishable by reticent news outlets since the dossier was so outrageous? Did Strzok and Page know about the plan and discuss it?

Keep in mind the "missing" texts (since recovered but not released) cover that time period.
And to take this even one step further. it is highly likely that Carter Page was a plant by the Obama administration.
I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet but that would explain some of his odd behavior but I'm guessing he's just an odd duck.
DifferenceMaker Ag
The "insurance policy" comments are just a little too self assured for me.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I'm not quite there yet.
BenFiasco14
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Whoa. Based on what exactly?
drcrinum
Rockdoc said:

TCTH has just posted aa article that specically answers your question.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/04/05/its-complicated-chairman-devin-nunes-demand-letter-to-fbi-director-wray-and-aag-rosenstein/

Quote:

...So Devin Nunes is asking for the "electronic communication" (EC) documents that initiated the July 2016 FBI counterintelligence operation, while seemingly having been briefed by CIA Director John Brennan on the substance of the material in Aug/Sept 2016?

And the FBI/DOJ are reluctant to share with the HPSCI (Nunes) the same information they are willing to share with the House Judiciary (Goodlatte).

Why would that be?

Simple answer, the HPSCI is compromised.

Remember, ranking member Adam Schiff and Representative Eric Swalwell are also targets of ongoing FBI leak investigations; and notably (with that self-interest in mind) they have been working to undermine -and politicize- the outcomes of the Inspector General Horowitz investigation.

Additionally, the HPSCI is where the Awan Brothers scandal (investigation and indictments) comes into play and the Democrats on the HPSCI committee who waived the background checks for their use as IT support staff.

There are very good reasons for the FBI and DOJ to keep potentially devastating criminal evidence away from the HPSCI until Huber is prepared to use it. The HPSCI membership is inherently tied up in multiple facets of the soft-coup plot and supportive ideology within the conspiracy against candidate Trump, and later President-elect and President Donald Trump.

Lastly, and importantly, remember the Chief Legal Counsel for the FBI is now Dana Boente. If you stand back and remind yourself where within the FBI and DOJ the small group was operating, you go directly to the DOJ National Security Division.

We know from the recent text messages of Strzok/Page and from the critical last days of the Obama administration's action they viewed Dana Boente as a threat with President-elect Trump taking office. After the top-tier of the corrupt DOJ-NSD officials were removed, Dana Boente became the head of the DOJ-NSD and subsequently IG Horowitz was granted full oversight authority (previously denied by Sally Yates).

So Dana Boente, a perceived risk from the Obama "small group" perspective, goes into the DOJ-NSD as the rats run out Boente grants IG oversight access and then remains inside the division for a year prior to exit and going into the FBI as Chief Legal Counsel (replacing corrupt James Baker). There's no better authority with inside information into the heart of the conspiracy group effort than the current chief legal counsel of the FBI, Dana Boente.

That's why the investigative White Hats are going to keep the HPSCI at a distance....

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

It takes a snapshot of the page at that moment in time and saves it. I captured the last 15 pages and the '/last' link so that it can be continuously archived as new posts come about. Everything prior to the last 15 pages is still unarchived, so if there is a specific page you want archived, give a shout, or type the following in front of the page link: web.archive.org/save/. (Example web.archive.org/save/https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2912732/next or web.archive.org/save/https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2912732/242 <- This archives a specific page)

I'd guess TexAgs is okay with Archiving because there are captures across the site dating back to 1998.
Rockdoc
AG
Ah yes. That makes pretty good sense. Boy what a mess.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I'm not quite there yet.
Can anyone recall Clapper or Brennan every utter a disparaging word against Carter Page? They were quick to go after Manafort, Don Jr, Stone, etc, but I just can't recall them ever going after Page in a negative way.

And Page has rambled recklessly through this entire thing with no attorney and hasn't had a glove laid on him.

That's curious if true
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Thank You

I'd archive the entire thing if I had a clue. I have a thumbdrive full of documents, I can just imagine what a pile the IG office has. It has to be like the Library of Congress
Code 7 10-42
MouthBQ98
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

More likely Trump asked his closer advisers about who had experience and knowledge in bare knuckle brawling type campaigning and expertise in areas where he was viewed as weak, like foreign policy. His close associates and mentors recommended some of the most effective by reputation. It should be no surprise that a few of them who have been inside the beltway or dealt with tough national and international politics and elections might have somewhat of a checkered past. It's not like Trump had some faithful advisers doing his vetting.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Thank You

I'd archive the entire thing if I had a clue. I have a thumbdrive full of documents, I can just imagine what a pile the IG office has. It has to be like the Library of Congress
I'll try to work back the rest of the pages as I get time. It should be archived back to page 200 now.
SeMgCo87
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yeah, I agree here. Page was working for FBI (Clowns?) in 2013, to trap some Russian agent. He was on his own after that, working Russian angles, until they discovered his path crossed some Trump people in 2016. And that's when they started their nefarious stuff. The first FISA request was denied in like April, 2016, but they used the Dossier to get a warrant approved in October. I bet FBI had already two-hopped him, without the approval, which gave them even greater incentive to lie, cheat, steal and sell their souls to get that warrant.

But O did not plant him there. I think it was a (un)fortunate crossing of paths because they were probably following him and every person working with / for Trump campaign, just to dig something up.

"You are being watched..."
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Remember, ranking member Adam Schiff and Representative Eric Swalwell are also targets of ongoing FBI leak investigations; and notably (with that self-interest in mind) they have been working to undermine -and politicize- the outcomes of the Inspector General Horowitz investigation.

Additionally, the HPSCI is where the Awan Brothers scandal (investigation and indictments) comes into play and the Democrats on the HPSCI committee who waived the background checks for their use as IT support staff.
I know how to shut up Schiff and Swalwell, toot sweet. Hand them target letters from a grand jury looking into leaks of classified information. Then "salt" the documents with a juicy yet completely false tidbit. Go AbScam on them.
Prosperdick
AG
SeMgCo87 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yeah, I agree here. Page was working for FBI (Clowns?) in 2013, to trap some Russian agent. He was on his own after that, working Russian angles, until they discovered his path crossed some Trump people in 2016. And that's when they started their nefarious stuff. The first FISA request was denied in like April, 2016, but they used the Dossier to get a warrant approved in October. I bet FBI had already two-hopped him, without the approval, which gave them even greater incentive to lie, cheat, steal and sell their souls to get that warrant.

But O did not plant him there. I think it was a (un)fortunate crossing of paths because they were probably following him and every person working with / for Trump campaign, just to dig something up.

I agree...I think they had surveillance on Trump and other Republican nominees to collect dirt and it just ballooned from there.

Makes you wonder if Romney had somehow won what they would have dug up to delegitimize his presidency.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Makes you wonder if Romney had somehow won what they would have dug up to delegitimize his presidency.
The Mormon Boy Scout?

Fusion GPS was working on that election, too IIRC.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I know how to shut up Schiff and Swalwell, toot sweet. Hand them target letters from a grand jury looking into leaks of classified information. Then "salt" the documents with a juicy yet completely false tidbit. Go AbScam on them.
Coincidentally Schiff has been pretty quiet lately, or I'm just missing it somewhere. Swallowswell is just Schiff's lapdog, he parrots whatever talking points Schiff tells him to. Not sure he's ever had an original thought in this lifetime.
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
He's been extremely quiet lately. Even on the lib networks that I've seen. Somethings up.
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I'm not quite there yet.
Can anyone recall Clapper or Brennan every utter a disparaging word against Carter Page? They were quick to go after Manafort, Don Jr, Stone, etc, but I just can't recall them ever going after Page in a negative way.

And Page has rambled recklessly through this entire thing with no attorney and hasn't had a glove laid on him.

That's curious if true
Brennan claimed he never saw the dossier before the election (a lie), but he briefed each member of the Gang of Eight individually in the August/early September time frame about suspected Russian interference in the election process. Then Harry Reid in late August sent a letter to Comey about suspected Russian interference and alluded to Carter Page being in Moscow in July. That info came directly from the dossier, and by connecting the dots, Brennan passed that info to Reid during his briefing.

But neither Brennan nor Clapper were going to mess with Carter Page; he has CIA connections -- worked with the CIA & FBI in the past -- has 2 passports, one a secret passport (presumably a 'black' passport), per his HPSIC testimony. I posted on this before.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Brennan claimed he never saw the dossier before the election (a lie), but he briefed each member of the Gang of Eight individually in the August/early September time frame about suspected Russian interference in the election process. Then Harry Reid in late August sent a letter to Comey about suspected Russian interference and alluded to Carter Page being in Moscow in July. That info came directly from the dossier, and by connecting the dots, Brennan passed that info to Reid during his briefing.

But neither Brennan nor Clapper were going to mess with Carter Page; he has CIA connections -- worked with the CIA & FBI in the past -- has 2 passports, one a secret passport (presumably a 'black' passport), per his HPSIC testimony. I posted on this before.
Brennan and Reid need to be put under oath and grilled, IMO. Preferably in a rendition site in a foreign country.
RoscoePColtrane
I would personally waterboard John Brennan and like it, he is a bad hombre, to steal a line from our POTUS.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/982001100915183616.html

The WaPo put out a hit piece article about the Seychelles and a Trump-Russia back channel (old news). I've come across several twitter links to it today, but I can't read the article because I refuse to pay $ to the WaPo. Anyway, Stealth Jeff @drawandstrike posted a thread about this article...read the threadreader. It's entertaining IMO.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Brennan and Reid need to be put under oath and grilled, IMO. Preferably in a rendition site in a foreign country.

Posobiec isn't the most reliable character.
aggiehawg
AG
Interesting but he missed the most important issue, IMO. That this meeting in the Seychelles was detected by SIGINT, not HUMINT, according to Prince.

More surveillance. Legal or not??
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Posobiec isn't the most reliable character.
Yeah, take that with a grain of salt.
RoscoePColtrane
Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter.

In January 2017, Erik Prince, the founder of the private security company Blackwater, met with a Russian official close to Russian President Vladimir Putin and later described the meeting to congressional investigators as a chance encounter that was not a planned discussion of U.S.-Russia relations.

A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

George Nader, a Lebanese American businessman who helped organize and attended the Seychelles meeting, has testified on the matter before a grand jury gathering evidence about discussions between the Trump transition team and emissaries of the Kremlin, as part of Mueller's investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election.

Nader began cooperating with Mueller after he arrived at Dulles International Airport in mid-
January and was stopped, served with a subpoena and questioned by the FBI, these people said. He has met numerous times with investigators.

Last year, Prince told lawmakers and the news media that his Seychelles meeting with Kirill Dmitriev, the head of a Russian government-controlled wealth fund, was an unplanned, unimportant encounter that came about by chance because he happened to be at a luxury hotel in the Indian Ocean island nation with officials from the United Arab Emirates.

In his statements, Prince has specifically denied reporting by The Washington Post that said the Seychelles meeting, which took place about a week before Trump's inauguration, was described by U.S., European and Arab officials as part of an effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and the incoming administration.

Prince told lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee that he did not plan to meet Dmitriev in Seychelles but that once he was there discussing possible business deals with UAE officials, they unexpectedly suggested that he visit the hotel bar and meet Dmitriev.

"At the end, one of the entourage says, 'Hey, by the way, there's this Russian guy that we've dealt with in the past. He's here also to see someone from the Emirati delegation. And you should meet him, he'd be an interesting guy for you to know, since you're doing a lot in the oil and gas and mineral space,' " Prince told lawmakers.

The two men, he said, spoke for no more than 30 minutes, or about the time it took him to drink a beer.

"We chatted on topics ranging from oil and commodity prices to how much his country wished for resumption of normal trade relations with the USA," Prince told lawmakers. "I remember telling him that if Franklin Roosevelt could work with Joseph Stalin to defeat Nazi fascism, then certainly Donald Trump could work with Vladimir Putin to defeat Islamic fascism."

Prince said he went to Seychelles as a private businessman, not as an official or unofficial emissary of the Trump transition team. During the congressional interview, which became testy at times as Democratic lawmakers pressed him to be more specific in his answers, Prince repeatedly complained that he had reason to believe U.S. intelligence agencies were leaking information about his activities.

Asked to comment on assertions that new evidence appears to contradict Prince's description of the Seychelles meeting, a spokesman for Prince referred to his previous statements to the committee and declined further comment.

A spokesman for the special counsel declined to comment.

Prince has known Nader for years and once hired him to try to generate business from the Iraqi government in the years after the U.S.-led invasion of that country. That effort was not successful, according to Prince's statements in a subsequent deposition.

Nader, according to current and former officials, was known to Trump transition and administration officials as someone with political connections in the Middle East who could help navigate the tricky diplomacy of the region.

Nader had also attended a December 2016 meeting in New York between senior Trump advisers and the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, according to a person familiar with the matter.

While Mueller is probing the circumstances of the Seychelles meeting, he is also more broadly examining apparent efforts by the Trump transition team to create a back channel for secret talks between the new administration and the Kremlin. Mueller was appointed special counsel to investigate possible Russian interference in the 2016 election, whether any Americans assisted in such efforts, and any other matters that arise in the course of his probe.

Investigators now suspect that the Seychelles meeting may have been one of the first efforts to establish such a line of communications between the two governments, these people said. Nader's account is considered key evidence but not the only evidence about what transpired in Seychelles, according to people familiar with the matter.

Nader has long served as an adviser to the UAE leadership, and in that role he met more than once with Trump officials, including Stephen K. Bannon and the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to people familiar with the matter. After the Seychelles meeting, Nader visited the White House several times, and met at least once there with Bannon and Kushner, these people said.

Nader could not be reached for comment, and his lawyer declined to comment.

Nader and the Seychelles meeting are also of interest to Mueller's team as it examines whether any foreign money or assistance fueled the Trump campaign, and how Trump officials during the transition and early days of the administration communicated with foreign officials, particularly Russians.

Nader's cooperation with the special counsel was first reported by the New York Times.

The UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective, according to U.S., European and Arab officials. Such a concession by Moscow would have been likely to require the easing of U.S. sanctions on Russia, which were imposed for Russia's intervention in Ukraine in 2014, those officials said.

Prince had no formal role with the Trump campaign or transition. However, according to people familiar with the Seychelles meeting, he presented himself as an unofficial envoy for Trump to high-ranking Emiratis involved in setting up his discussion with the Russian official.

Correction: This story has been updated to reflect that the meeting in Seychelles took place in January 2017, not 2016.
Code 7 10-42
backintexas2013
AG
When it was first reported the left was loving it because they said it was in January 2016. That was totally false but once they corrected it the left went quiet.
aggiehawg
AG
Isn't Nader the convicted pedophile???

ETA: Why yes he is, according to Bloombergno less.
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.