Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,492,942 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by aggiehawg
mrad85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Okay, back to work. This had been posted before but not really discussed.

Byron York makes some good points LINK

Powerline adds to his article HERE

Spoiler alert: It's about the Logan Act.

And points straight back to the O administration
whatthehey78
AG
Staff
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
titan
S
Vaulting Chemist,

Edits for broader point,

Quote:

Have [Democrats] considered the thought that the Russians have duped you into believing that they colluded with the Trump campaign?

How would that make you feel, knowing that you would be a de facto supporter of Russian collusion (acting in concert with the DNC) in our electoral process?
There is arguably a lot more in favor of this take, than the mainstream media's desire. Because what Trump is doing currently --- midwifing a reform in Saudi Arabia, backing down North Korea, re-setting trade, ordering manual over-rides to prevent hacking grids, revival of the military strength and restoring a sense of mission --- all of these interfere more with Russia's objectives than the status quo was doing so. It is possible that Russian collusion is post-election --- feeding the MSM-Democratic hyperbole machine to sow further chaos now that they see how Trump will be.
HeardAboutPerio
AG

Thanks Staff!
FTAG 2000
AG
Thank you for restoring this, staff!
drcrinum

Well, Nunes has delivered his final ultimatum to Wray: Produce the unredacted documents by April 11 or we go to federal court. Obviously the reason Wray is stonewalling is that he doesn't want Schiff & Co. to leak the documents to the press before indictments are filed. Methinks the only way out would be for the OIG Report to be released before April 11 (major distraction).
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Actually, it is. The prosecutor is supposed to investigate and if warranted prosecute a specific alleged crime.

The only reason things like the Starr investigation of Bill Clinton got to be so wide ranging was a specific special prosecutor act that was law for a time, but has sunset without renewal as people saw how it could be abused.
People forget that Starr was acting under an actual statute, which was a flawed piece of legislation created during the blow back after Watergate.

Hell, even go back to the Pat Fitzgerald Special Counsel investigation in the Valerie Plame affair. Fitz's seat didn't even have time to get warm before he knew who outed Valerie Plame--Colin Powell's deputy, Richard Armitage. But Fitz instructed Armitage to remain silent. He ended up putting Judith Miller in jail for months before Scooter Libby released her from her pledge of confidentiality and then he got nailed.

So under a statute or just under DOJ rules and guidelines Special Counsels have too much power and discretion to resist the temptation to abuse the office and go Gestapo on people.
DallasAg 94
bobbranco said:

Hyperbole is wasted on many.

[THIS THREAD HAS BEEN RESTORED.

IF WILL BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY IF CERTAIN POSTERS DECIDE TO FLAG EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH.

PEOPLE ARE AGAINST TROLLING, HOWEVER, TROLLING IS TOUGH TO DEFINE, WHAT SOME CONSIDER VALID, OTHERS CONSIDER A TROLL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE, WE CAN START BANNING EVERYONE CLOSE TO TROLLING, BUT THOSE THAT REPLY TO THE TROLLS WILL ALSO EARN THE SAME BAN. IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TO DERAIL A THREAD.

TREAD CAREFULLY. -STAFF]

Mods circling... tread carefully...

coyote68
aggiehawg said:

Good grief. This is very serious stuff. We have a full fledged war going on inside our government.
titan
S
coyote68 said:

aggiehawg said:

Good grief. This is very serious stuff. We have a full fledged war going on inside our government.
Yes. The power-crazed Left and establishment is actually a greater danger than the Islamists.
aggiehawg
AG
From the York article I posted above:

Quote:

Fast forward to the transition. In early January 2017, intelligence chiefs James Comey, John Brennan, Mike Rogers, and James Clapper traveled to Trump Tower to brief the president-elect on Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 campaign.

After the briefing, by a plan they devised earlier, three of them left the room, leaving Comey alone with Trump. Comey gave Trump a summary of the dossier, including the Moscow sex scene.
Imagine that. The very first time the incoming president met the FBI director face to face, the FBI's message was: We know about you and those hookers in Moscow.
Has Mueller grilled Comey, Brennan, Rogers and Clapper about this?? Was it staged?? A ruse to get the dossier publishable by reticent news outlets since the dossier was so outrageous? Did Strzok and Page know about the plan and discuss it?

Keep in mind the "missing" texts (since recovered but not released) cover that time period.
Rockdoc
AG
I agree. It's hard to believe the left has so much hate for trump that they are willing to rip the country apart to hurt him. Whatever happened to country first?
ScottH_01
AG
Rockdoc said:

I agree. It's hard to believe the left has so much hate for trump that they are willing to rip the country apart to hurt him. Whatever happened to country first?
Hasn't been there since Gore lost (at least).
aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

aggiehawg said:

Think about it. He has the NSA, CIA, ODNI and FBI Director for a first time meet, greet, brief and gets hit with blackmail material? I think even Hoover waited until after the inauguration to throw his weight around.
akm91
AG
ScottH_01 said:

Rockdoc said:

Hasn't been there since Gore lost (at least).
Well that's the last time they lost an election and handed the WH back to the R's.
dreyOO
One thing I'll say about Trump...

After seeing so many politicians come and go, Trump is actually a pretty interesting change of pace. Not afraid of a fight. Sometimes it goes against him when he tangles on Twitter with nobodies. But when receiving veiled threats, being backstabbed left and right (from dems and GOPers), he just keeps charging on.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Thread is Now Archived
SeMgCo87
AG
dreyOO said:

One thing I'll say about Trump...

After seeing so many politicians come and go, Trump is actually a pretty interesting change of pace. Not afraid of a fight. Sometimes it goes against him when he tangles on Twitter with nobodies. But when receiving veiled threats, being backstabbed left and right (from dems and GOPers), he just keeps charging on.
Yeah, he reminds me of Patton's drive through Italy...something about crap through a goose.

Then his promise to relieve McCauliffe in Bastogne in three days, i think it was.

Hmmmm...Patton died in like Dec, 1945, and Trump was born in June, 1946. Gosh if we believed in reincarnation...

"You are being watched..."
coyote68
aggiehawg said:

coyote68 said:

aggiehawg said:

Think about it. He has the NSA, CIA, ODNI and FBI Director for a first time meet, greet, brief and gets hit with blackmail material? I think even Hoover waited until after the inauguration to throw his weight around.

Been doing lots of thinking. I appreciate all the info you have shared.

I am concerned for the safety of our President.

Keep up the good work.
SeMgCo87
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Not really Mueller related but it is Russian related

This is the last post by Roscoe on this thread, that I could find.

He's usually here grinding it out all day. Taking the day off?

aggiehawg
AG
Think he might have gotten a ban.
SeMgCo87
AG
Sorry to hear that.

RoscoePColtrane
No I didn't get a ban. I purposely stayed out of that whole cluster duck on purpose. I posted this morning and came back a few minutes later and the thread was gone. I just got up and took out the frustration on the brush hog. Came back in and it's back.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
SeMgCo87 said:

Sorry to hear that.
I missed all of the excitement on this thread this morning. It was already nuked by the time I went to look for it. Then I tried to ask on a few other threads if bans had been issued, but those threads kept getting nuked before I could either post or get a response.

drcrinum showed up but no Roscoe yet.
drcrinum
numetalbizkitaggie said:

Thread is Now Archived
Thank you, thank you!
aggiehawg
AG
Good to see you.
bobbranco
AG
If you have your readers on look up.

ETA. You did.
RoscoePColtrane
How does this archive thing work
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Was wondering the same thing? Think you can still read it and copy links to put in other places but just not post??
Rockdoc
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

And will texags approve? Serious question.
drcrinum

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-daily-beast-james-madison-project-sue-justice-department

Quote:

National security lawyers Mark Zaid and Brad Moss have sued theDepartment of Justice on behalf of The Daily Beast and The JamesMadison Project over the so-called "Nunes Memo" and its Democratic response. The Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, filed Thursday, demands the expedited release of documents related to the declassification of memos by House Intelligence Committee members Reps. Devin Nunes (R-CA) and Adam Schiff (D-CA). Nunes' memo alleging FBI surveillance abuses in the investigation of a Trump campaign staffer became a source of tension on the House Intelligence Committee after Democrats alleged that the document's release "risks public exposure of sensitive sources and methods for no legitimate purpose." The lawsuit also seeks Justice Department records on the declassification of a memo by Intelligence Committee Democrats rebutting charges against the FBI in Nunes' memo.

lol. Good Luck.

Edit: Here is a more detailed article on the lawsuit:
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/daily-beast-sues-department-justice-over-nunes-memo/

JobSecurity
AG
It's just a saved backup of the web page. So if it gets deleted you can go back and see what it looked like at the time of archival.
Sarge 91
AG
Sarge 91
AG
bobbranco said:

Hyperbole is wasted on many.

[THIS THREAD HAS BEEN RESTORED.

IF WILL BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY IF CERTAIN POSTERS DECIDE TO FLAG EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH.

PEOPLE ARE AGAINST TROLLING, HOWEVER, TROLLING IS TOUGH TO DEFINE, WHAT SOME CONSIDER VALID, OTHERS CONSIDER A TROLL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE, WE CAN START BANNING EVERYONE CLOSE TO TROLLING, BUT THOSE THAT REPLY TO THE TROLLS WILL ALSO EARN THE SAME BAN. IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TO DERAIL A THREAD.

TREAD CAREFULLY. -STAFF]

Sorry - I replied before repeating this. Will delete.
RoscoePColtrane
Yeah this appears to be a pretty futile and likely fruitless effort. Nunes can't even get documents from the FBI himself, and the FBI has been short sheeting the Gang of Eight throughout this entire process, which is funny I thought the Gof8 was put together to specifically cut out all the shady secrecy within our own government itself, and unwarranted surveillance. So it appears the Gang of Eight is nothing more than window dressing
Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.