Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,492,969 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by aggiehawg
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Staff, why do you let Lot Y troll this board, day after day after day??!
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
coyote68 said:

There is no crime for collusion. It does not exist in our statutes.

Facts are facts.

I guess you ignored half the Mueller's authorization letter, please reread it.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

And as was pointed out, if there is any collusion, it looks like they will use https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_against_the_United_States
MouthBQ98
AG
I'll never understand why people can't simply ignore posts they disagree with or believe are irrelevant or invalid. Just pretend they don't exist and move on to germane material. Any contentious issue with opposing viewpoints is going to have some disagreement on what information is relevant and valid. As long as it is topical, then let the individual readers decide whether it's worth their own time. I generally welcome the counterarguments I see because it provides opportunities to point out the flaws in those arguments,
coyote68
Agree.

Ignorance and stupidity are similar to skunks. They really stink up knowledge and wisdom.

Time to move on.
MouthBQ98
AG
Then the letter needed to specify a conspiracy existed. That is a regulatory requirement to have charged a special counsel with a duty to investigate. Otherwise the gutless assistant AG should have had his own investigators looking for sufficient evidence one existed until they could establish there was reasonable evidence of a specific statutorial crime. Instead, Rod went with a scattershot approach based only on suspicious circumstances, against policy and regulation.
bobbranco
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Rapier108 said:

It is a slow motion coup d'etat.

How is it a coup? Mueller can't do anything to Trump, only Congress can, and if the Republican House and senate were willing to remove him then that is their constitutional right, not a coup.

Actually Mueller can indict. That is doing something.

Other than the fact that Sessions had recused himself and Rosenstein ordered the SC investigation I believe Sessions did not feel at the time that SC investigation would be a problem.

Based on what has been revealed on this thread the Dems lucked out with the Russian story and they want a coup but I doubt they will get one.
bobbranco
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

This thread contains facts. Then you came along.
I came along when the facts started becoming conspiracy drifting farther away from reality.

Actually you dropped in with an opinion.
VaultingChemist
AG
Have you considered the thought that the Russians have duped you into believing that they colluded with the Trump campaign?

How would that make you feel, knowing that you would be a de facto supporter of Russian collusion (acting in concert with the DNC) in our electoral process?
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
I disagree, if there wasn't the conflict of interest that it was the head of the executive branch and or members of his campaign were committing the crimes then the "normal" justice department would be investigating.

Appointing a special prosecutor isn't like signing a search warrant saying here is exactly what you are looking for.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Have you considered the thought that the Russians have duped you into believing that they colluded with the Trump campaign?

How would that make you feel, knowing that you would be a de facto supporter of Russian collusion (acting in concert with the DNC) in our electoral process?

I don't think there was collusion with the campaign as a whole. I think some members of the campaign went out of their way to try and get illegally obtained info from Russian and the campaign turned a blind eye to it and then everyone involved lied about it.

Lot Y Tailgate
AG
The definition of coup doesn't involve Congress using their constitutionally granted powers.
VaultingChemist
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

VaultingChemist said:

I don't think there was collusion with the campaign as a whole. I think some members of the campaign went out of their way to try and get illegally obtained info from Russian and the campaign turned a blind eye to it and then everyone involved lied about it.
You are referring to the Clinton campaign, right?
aggielostinETX
AG
STAFF PLEASE GET THIS OUTTA HERE
Rockdoc
AG
Well he's here now. As long as anyone answers him, responds to him, or even quotes him, he's gonna continue. That's his personality and everybody knows it. He lives to argue. His aim is to hijack this thread and there's nothing that can be done about it. He turned this information thread into just another argument thread.
bobbranco
AG
Hyperbole is wasted on many.

[THIS THREAD HAS BEEN RESTORED.

IF WILL BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY IF CERTAIN POSTERS DECIDE TO FLAG EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH.

PEOPLE ARE AGAINST TROLLING, HOWEVER, TROLLING IS TOUGH TO DEFINE, WHAT SOME CONSIDER VALID, OTHERS CONSIDER A TROLL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE, WE CAN START BANNING EVERYONE CLOSE TO TROLLING, BUT THOSE THAT REPLY TO THE TROLLS WILL ALSO EARN THE SAME BAN. IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TO DERAIL A THREAD.

TREAD CAREFULLY. -STAFF]
Poke_the_Bear
AG
And we are back...didnt realize how much I read this thread until it was gone.
aggiehawg
AG
YAY!!!!!

Thanks, staff!!!
BenFiasco14
AG
Staff, thank you.
MEENAGGIE09
AG
THANKS STAFF!
drcrinum
How do you archive a thread? I want to be able to search this thread in the future -- it has links to many court documents and government records, news articles and threadreaders, not to mention timely posts. The Mueller investigation & related investigations are complicated, and it is very difficult to remember all of the people and details involved.
HelloUncleNateFitch
and there was much rejoicing
powerbelly
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Great to see you. Worried you drew a ban.
BenFiasco14
AG
Archive.is is the only option I know of. Unfortunately, I think it can only do a page at a time. No clue how to do it otherwise or to make it searchable
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Great to see you. Worried you drew a ban.
No, I was just devastated when I came home from the grocery store and found the cupboard bare.
Tailgate88
AG
Thanks Staff!
Martin Cash
AG
bobbranco said:

Hyperbole is wasted on many.

[THIS THREAD HAS BEEN RESTORED.

IF WILL BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY IF CERTAIN POSTERS DECIDE TO FLAG EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH.

PEOPLE ARE AGAINST TROLLING, HOWEVER, TROLLING IS TOUGH TO DEFINE, WHAT SOME CONSIDER VALID, OTHERS CONSIDER A TROLL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE, WE CAN START BANNING EVERYONE CLOSE TO TROLLING, BUT THOSE THAT REPLY TO THE TROLLS WILL ALSO EARN THE SAME BAN. IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TO DERAIL A THREAD.

TREAD THREAD CAREFULLY. -STAFF]

FIFY
mrad85
AG
Thank you staff!
My recommendation to all: make use of the ignore feature and don't feed the trolls by responding or flagging
Charpie
Wildcat
AG
Ag87H2O
AG
Thank you staff, this was the right call. Way too much hard work and valuable information in it to disappear.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, back to work. This had been posted before but not really discussed.

Byron York makes some good points LINK

Powerline adds to his article HERE

Spoiler alert: It's about the Logan Act.
MouthBQ98
AG
Actually, it is. The prosecutor is supposed to investigate and if warranted prosecute a specific alleged crime.

The only reason things like the Starr investigation of Bill Clinton got to be so wide ranging was a specific special prosecutor act that was law for a time, but has sunset without renewal as people saw how it could be abused.
titan
S

Staff,

Thank You, Well and Justly Done.

Recommend simply locking if blows up again rather than deleting the info overall. My two cents.

First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.