Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,493,351 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aggiehawg
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

See where all of this is leading??
A little jurisprudence enmity between the parties, perhaps. In your professional opinion, is it likely we'll see one turn on the other and spill some FBI/DOJ mud, blood, guts and beer on the courthouse steps?
aggiehawg
AG
whatthehey78 said:

aggiehawg said:

See where all of this is leading??
A little jurisprudence enmity between the parties, perhaps. In your professional opinion, is it likely we'll see one turn on the other and spill some FBI/DOJ mud, blood, guts and beer on the courthouse steps?
Don't know if this will play out publicly or not. Comey's book tour will provide some answers, however.

Do have to wonder if McCabe is posturing for a book deal of his own? Which would be a disastrous error in judgment on his part, until he knows for sure he won't be indicted.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

As I recall, Mueller requested that text messages between Page/Strzok from the period they were attached to his investigation be withheld so as to not compromise pending investigations.
Sorry, I don't recall any mention of Mueller's kibosh. Seems odd the texts would be attached to Mueller if they were missing until 2 months ago? Or were they really missing? All news since their 'recovery' has been zippo and this seems extremely weird given they spanned the period Dec 13, 2016 until Mueller's appointment May 17, 2017. Something's not what it seems.
stetson
AG
benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

Be sure to read the *Footnote at the end of the article.
Footnote image almost as good.

Been wondering how the mensa rats in my storage shed have been defeating the mousetraps. Thanks!
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

As I recall, Mueller requested that text messages between Page/Strzok from the period they were attached to his investigation be withheld so as to not compromise pending investigations.
Sorry, I don't recall any mention of Mueller's kibosh. Seems odd the texts would be attached to Mueller if they were missing until 2 months ago? Or were they really missing? All news since their 'recovery' has been zippo and this seems extremely weird given they spanned the period Dec 13, 2016 until Mueller's appointment May 17, 2017. Something's not what it seems.
Well, we didn't even find out about Strzok and Page being removed from Mueller's team until months later. And the stated reason (which started this thread in the first place) was because of their texts. Horowitz showed them to Mueller. Given how chatty they were, not hard to imagine they discussed matters happening during their time with his shop. Mueller would have justification for requesting non-disclosure of those at the time. He was only a month or so into his investigation.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Given how chatty they were, not hard to imagine they discussed matters happening during their time with his shop. Mueller would have justification for requesting non-disclosure of those at the time. He was only a month or so into his investigation.
True, but the 'recovered' 5 months of texts preceded Mueller's appointment. The 'recovered' texts span the period when the dossier went viral and the "Russia collusion" conspiracy metastasized. Their texts prior to Mueller's appointment are likely 100 x's more juicy than anything we've seen to date ... and likely throw serious doubt on Mueller's entire purpose for existing.
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

Given how chatty they were, not hard to imagine they discussed matters happening during their time with his shop. Mueller would have justification for requesting non-disclosure of those at the time. He was only a month or so into his investigation.
True, but the 'recovered' 5 months of texts preceded Mueller's appointment. The 'recovered' texts span the period when the dossier went viral and the "Russia collusion" conspiracy metastasized. Their texts prior to Mueller's appointment are likely 100 x's more juicy than anything we've seen to date ... and likely throw serious doubt on Mueller's entire purpose for existing.
Have we seen those yet? I don't think we have. Roughly third week in December 2016 until third week in May 2017?
fasthorse05
Would LOVE to see those, if nothing else for the People Magazine-Stormy Daniels type of text.

Secondly, since we're discussting texts, assuming our friend Huber (or whomever is in charge of which investigation) indicts someone, does that give the investigating attorney the authority to go after their texts? Obviously, this applies to McCabe, but also to everyone else.

Look at what happened with P & S alone. Obviously, they have to redact certain things, but we've got about 15 people at the FBI alone who should have their texts available.

Oh, Hawg, thanks for the cyber reassurance. I just had a "moment" there!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Have we seen those yet? I don't think we have. Roughly third week in December 2016 until third week in May 2017?
The last text from Page to Strzok was on June 23, 2017, when she wrote, "Please don't ever text me again." Huge gaps in the text timeline. Last public release of heavily redacted texts was in early February and crickets since then.
RoscoePColtrane

These are the last batch of texts released publically on 3/16/18

They talk about the FISA Judge friendly with Strzok and the maybe dinner party that was never verified if it actually happened. As Benchmark said there are huge gaps in texts and lots of redactions, most of which are suspect now.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

Would LOVE to see those, if nothing else for the People Magazine-Stormy Daniels type of text.

Secondly, since we're discussting texts, assuming our friend Huber (or whomever is in charge of which investigation) indicts someone, does that give the investigating attorney the authority to go after their texts? Obviously, this applies to McCabe, but also to everyone else.

Look at what happened with P & S alone. Obviously, they have to redact certain things, but we've got about 15 people at the FBI alone who should have their texts available.

Oh, Hawg, thanks for the cyber reassurance. I just had a "moment" there!
Here's my understanding of how Horowitz was quietly accumulating information beginning in early January 2017, before Trump was inaugurated. His original aims were irregularities in the handling of the Hillary email case. That cast a wide net. From Comey, to Lynch, to McCabe, to Strzok and Page and likely others. At some point he got ahold of Page and Strzok's personal FBI-issued cell phones. But he also had access to the internal emails of the FBI/DOJ.

We know by July 2017, Horowitz went to Mueller which resulted in Page and Strzok being demoted and reassigned. Thus they were cooperating at that point. (Or they would have been fired outright.)

As to Huber, he has been working all along (either from late summer or early fall, 2017) with Horowitz. Thus Huber also has had access to the materials and communications amassed by Horowitz. Huber has subpoena authority using the grand jury process (outside of the FBI's involvement and direct knowledge). Grand jury processes are very secret, unless persons called to testify go public, which they are warned not to do.

Now, at some point Horowitz went to the Office of Professional Responsibility for the FBI. Then they conducted their investigation of McCabe (that we know of) and maybe others. Those that are already separated from employment, the OPR can't touch. But Huber can.
RoscoePColtrane
Has this been posted before? I stumbled across it digging through files looking for something else

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
I truly despise that woman.
coyote68
aggiehawg said:

You are way to kind.

aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

aggiehawg said:

You are way to kind.

My Southern upbringing.If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit by me.
RoscoePColtrane
Too many pages to post but this is a transcript of a circle jerk with Clapper and Brennan at the Aspen Institute from July 21, 2017, moderated by Wolf Blitzer. But if you want to get riled up, this will do it. I hope Clapper and Brennan burn bad...

Aspen Institute Forum

Code 7 10-42
backintexas2013
AG
So other than the puff piece that cnn wrote has McCabe surfaced at all? I really thought he would be the media darling since he hates Trump and the original story was he was fired for political reasons.

I didn't watch any news this weekend but I sure didn't hear about him doing interviews but maybe I missed it.
benchmark
AG
backintexas2013 said:

So other than the puff piece that cnn wrote has McCabe surfaced at all? I really thought he would be the media darling since he hates Trump and the original story was he was fired for political reasons.

I didn't watch any news this weekend but I sure didn't hear about him doing interviews but maybe I missed it.
No interviews. If he makes any future statements it will be scripted and strictly on advise from his atty.
backintexas2013
AG
That's probably very true. All the media idiots who supported McCabe when he got fired are going to look like idiots. He even admitted he told some lies but he said it was a "mistake" that he later "corrected". The posters on here who have been hammering on Flynn and others haven't touched McCabe or Comey issues. Wonder why?
fasthorse05
I choose not to get riled up, as just seeing the participants pics can do that, however, I've got a pretty good idea.

But, if I can get to Aspen every year around July, and have CNN pay for it, I'd consider running a good line of BS.

That's the great thing about being a Dem, apparently, selling out the country is not only accepted, but encouraged, and you get great gigs, to boot!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
backintexas2013
AG
I am looking for a Twitter. Think her name was chillum or something like that. She was big on reporting when indictments were unsealed. I can't find the twitter pages anymore and don't feel like going all the way back through this thread. Can you help me out.
aggiehawg
AG
Napolotano just said Huber is still in Utah, not DC*. If true, Huber isn't the one running a grand jury, because he can't use a grand jury in Utah to indict people in DC and Virginia.

So is there another US Attorney running a grand jury in DC? Huber was just a feint by Sessions? Huber still could be working on the case, of course but he can't run a grand jury in DC from Utah.

*Thought Sessions had brought Huber to the DC area very quietly a few months ago. Guess that wasn't the case. Puzzling.
RoscoePColtrane
Was just fixing to ask about this, that changes a lot of what may or may not be happening.
Code 7 10-42
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

Napolotano just said Huber is still in Utah, not DC*. If true, Huber isn't the one running a grand jury, because he can't use a grand jury in Utah to indict people in DC and Virginia.

So is there another US Attorney running a grand jury in DC? Huber was just a feint by Sessions? Huber still could be working on the case, of course but he can't run a grand jury in DC from Utah.

*Thought Sessions had brought Huber to the DC area very quietly a few months ago. Guess that wasn't the case. Puzzling.
Or...is Napolotano wrong? For some reason, I just don't trust his input anymore. My antenna sense something funny about him...as in, I seemingly detect an underlying agenda running underneath his commentary. His words certainly "ring" up front and knowledgeable...but are they?

Sadly, all the "fake" news has me questioning everything these days. Perhaps the wife is REALLY a Russian KBG officer and it was Putin on that "wrong number" call last week???? Where is CNN when you need them!

...just kidding...I think...but then again...
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Was just fixing to ask about this, that changes a lot of what may or may not be happening.
Remember when I questioned if Sessions had sandbagged Huber by revealing his name? At the time, I believed Huber was in DC under assignment by Sessions. There's little Huber can do from Utah.

But if Huber hasn't been in DC for much of the last several months, then there is someone else who is running things. At least I hope so. If there isn't a grand jury empaneled in DC or Virginia looking into all of this as we speak, Sessions has seriously dropped the ball.

McCabe has set up his legal defense fund for a reason. There has to be a bear out there somewhere that McCabe fears.
drcrinum
backintexas2013 said:

I am looking for a Twitter. Think her name was chillum or something like that. She was big on reporting when indictments were unsealed. I can't find the twitter pages anymore and don't feel like going all the way back through this thread. Can you help me out.
@MsTriaI

is her current handle. She was suspended/hacked on something on her previous twitter accounts, so she changed to this...at least as far as I know. She loved my replies for awhile, but then she blocked me about a month ago when I criticized her for tweeting an article from RT.com that was a pure Russian propaganda piece.
BQ78
AG
It looks like more time will be spent investigating this malfeasance than any time the culprits will serve for it (not to mention the expense of this and Mueller's investigation) . No one is going to go down hard like they should and the worst actors will not even be jailed for a day. Then we'll have the precedent of sacrificing a few true believers for the good (power) of the party. SAD!
backintexas2013
AG
Thanks.
RoscoePColtrane
backintexas2013
AG
My guess is he isn't the only one running things. He also may travel back and forth but that would probably have been caught way before now.

Something is going on. Page, Pete the Cheat and McCabe are in hiding. McCabe has not hit the public eye and you know if he could he would be out there blasting Trump. McCabe and PS have both hired attorneys.

Looking at the texts PS and LP have been covering their ass. They aren't going to be scapegoats.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

bit of a flier on this subject - particularly because I'm not entirely well-versed on criminal venue rules: does the presence of the NSA's Utah Data Center at Camp Williams in Utah provide any venue nexus? I ask because I recall that some credit card and bank fraud cases were brought in E.D. Va. merely because a payment system located in Richmond processed a card payment. Prosecutors always like E.D. Va. because they moved criminal cases to trial fast (used to be nicknamed the "Rocket Docket").
Tailgate88
AG
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Remember when I questioned if Sessions had sandbagged Huber by revealing his name? At the time, I believed Huber was in DC under assignment by Sessions. There's little Huber can do from Utah.

But if Huber hasn't been in DC for much of the last several months, then there is someone else who is running things. At least I hope so. If there isn't a grand jury empaneled in DC or Virginia looking into all of this as we speak, Sessions has seriously dropped the ball.

McCabe has set up his legal defense fund for a reason. There has to be a bear out there somewhere that McCabe fears.
Sessions' statement said he had appointed Huber to "Lead the effort...". So hopefully that implies he has some staff in DC working on it as well.

Trying to be optimistic...
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

aggiehawg said:

bit of a flier on this subject - particularly because I'm not entirely well-versed on criminal venue rules: does the presence of the NSA's Utah Data Center at Camp Williams in Utah provide any venue nexus? I ask because I recall that some credit card and bank fraud cases were brought in E.D. Va. merely because a payment system located in Richmond processed a card payment. Prosecutors always like E.D. Va. because they moved criminal cases to trial fast (used to be nicknamed the "Rocket Docket").
Depends on who the defendant is, where they are located and the location of the alleged criminal act.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That's why i brought up the EDVa credit card fraud cases. I recall defendant in FL and defrauded victims in NY. Literally only connection was credit card processed in Richmond. I'll see if I can find more.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 237 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.