Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,493,642 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aggiehawg
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an uneasy feeling about what's going on. There is so much corruption and so much delay, I'm starting to have doubts about the outcome. It seems the swamp sucks up people, trumps people, as soon as they get behind the desk and nothing is being done about it. One is gone but there are plenty of snakes remaining on the job at the FBI and DOJ, maybe even still holding their security clearances. As Hawg said earlier, Rosenstein is very troubling. I'm afraid Sessions is just flat out overwhelmed and I'm not sure if the OIG report is gonna be what we want.

Feel free to reassure me.
benchmark
AG
So basically ... Jefferson Beauregard scribes 4 pages, 13 paragraphs, and a gawdawful number of words to say he's appointed a prosecutor to investigate if we need an investigator. Good gawd.
Long Live Sully
AG
benchmark said:

So basically ... Jefferson Beauregard scribes 4 pages, 13 paragraphs, and a gawdawful number of words to say he's appointed a prosecutor to investigate if we need an investigator. Good gawd.
Yep. -14D checkers
RoscoePColtrane
benchmark said:

Don't kill the messenger
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
titan
S
Rockdoc said:

I have an uneasy feeling about what's going on. There is so much corruption and so much delay, I'm starting to have doubts about the outcome. It seems the swamp sucks up people, trumps people, as soon as they get behind the desk and nothing is being done about it. One is gone but there are plenty of snakes remaining on the job at the FBI and DOJ, maybe even still holding their security clearances. As Hawg said earlier, Rosenstein is very troubling. I'm afraid Sessions is just flat out overwhelmed and I'm not sure if the OIG report is gonna be what we want.

Feel free to reassure me.
Wish felt much differently, but do not. Very skeptical of the system. Especially with all the Boehner style `wobbling' still so present in the GOP that is not present in the opposition, the Democrats. That is why would like to see a second SC get underway, if only because it would put the cabal on the defensive covering up their own stuff that is finally being looked into and all of this might just finally fade away enough for Trump to get some things done in the 8 years, assuming can avoid Leftist and MSM fraud and deceit enough to get re-elected.
drcrinum
I have been trying to find info on the John W. Huber, the prosecutor with whom Sessions has been working. Not much info; unanimously confirmed x 2 by the Senate to be US Attorney for the District of Utah in 2015 & 2017; formerly joined US Attorney's Office in DC beginning in 2002, becoming an Assistant US Attorney in 2005, and then serving as National Security Section chief and the Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney. Graduate of The University of Utah and subsequently The University of Utah's law school.

Couple of interesting notes, my speculation on the timeline:

1) Huber showed up at a Sarah Sanders White House Daily Briefing on June 28, 2017. Content related to Kate's Law and criminal illegal aliens, spoke & took questions. (Could he have met with Sessions at this time? Initial interview?) Transcript of WH Briefing here:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?430641-1/sarah-huckabee-sanders-briefs-reporters-white-house-audio-only

2) Wrote an 'Op Ed' at National Review that was highly supportive of Sessions on September 22, 2017. Why? Note the theme: Violent Crime.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/09/jeff-sessions-department-justice-violent-crime-prioritized/
Quote:

Jeff Sessions Is Right to Prioritize the Fight against Violent Crime

3) Sessions participated with him at a round table discussion on 'Violent Crime' in Salt Lake City on October 5, 2017. (Likely agreed to take the job at this time.) Write up of event here:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ut/pr/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-announces-reinvigoration-project-safe-neighborhoods
Quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Announces Reinvigoration of Project Safe Neighborhoods Program to Reduce Rising Tide of Violent Crime

4) Special appointment by Sessions on November 14, 2017. (Surely must have been already working with him by this time.) Adds to credentials.

So Huber is a law & order type of guy and fits Sessions' top priority of fighting violent crime. He also has bilateral support from both political aisles of the Senate, so nobody can go after Sessions for making a partisan appointment.

fasthorse05
Doc, not to be too cynical, but the left will go after him immediately when he says, or does, something they don't agree with. As soon as he indicts someone for a law they don't like, or regularly break, then they'll unleash the narrative makers. They'll research his family, wife(s), etc..
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
GCP12
AG
Rapier108
GCP12 said:

Explains his $250K "legal defense fund" the left filled up in a few hours.

Amazing that GoFundMe allowed it because they've previously blocked any efforts to raise money for criminal defense.
drcrinum

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/29/ag-sessions-letter-to-house-and-senate-highlights-a-lengthy-review-by-prosecutor-john-w-huber/#more-147527

It's about a 15 minute read -- very detailed by TCTH. He believes that Huber has been working in conjunction with Horowitz and Sessions since last July/August...lays out all his reasons and ties in with events. Very convincing.
drcrinum

No doubt about it.
"These senior prosecutors will report..."
"Specifically, I asked United States Attorney John W. Huber to lead this effort."
ccatag
AG
drcrinum said:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/29/ag-sessions-letter-to-house-and-senate-highlights-a-lengthy-review-by-prosecutor-john-w-huber/#more-147527

It's about a 15 minute read -- very detailed by TCTH. He believes that Huber has been working in conjunction with Horowitz and Sessions since last July/August...lays out all his reasons and ties in with events. Very convincing.

This sounds very good to me.

I know there are many that are calling for a Special Prosecutor and there may be a need for that for some aspects of this mess down the line. but an outside Federal Prosecutor that may have been assigned since the summer of 2017 and working in tandem with the IG tells me our Justice System can work and is working.

Going the route of a Special Prosecutor has never thrilled me. They take so long and they are so secretive. It will take time to get it up to speed. I want justice served swiftly and if this threadreader is correct we may be seeing some action soon after the IG report is dropped.

So ready to turn this Russia Russia Russia narrative on its head. Hopeful Sessions has got this going on and for months and months he's been quietly making it happen. My 2 cents.

titan
S

Quote:

I know there are many that are calling for a Special Prosecutor and there may be a need for that for some aspects of this mess down the line. but an outside Federal Prosecutor that may have been assigned since the summer of 2017 and working in tandem with the IG tells me our Justice System can work and is working.

Going the route of a Special Prosecutor has never thrilled me. They take so long and they are so secretive. It will take time to get it up to speed. I want justice served swiftly and if this threadreader is correct we may be seeing some action soon after the IG report is dropped.
I agree after reading this. This sounds potentially powerful enough, and with a good bit of "get to it quicker" about it. That he is leading a team of prosecutors also sounds like it will have some teeth. But by far the best sign is yes, it went outside -- and outside Federal prosecutor was chosen.
benchmark
AG
Quote:

The Last Reguge: The "outside prosecutor" can begin issuing subpoenas for Grand Jury testimony and statements by the officials no longer within the DOJ/FBI, just as soon as the IG report is finished.
Thanks for sharing. If a DOJ prosecutor and GJ has been in place for some time - what's the legal strategy for delaying GJ subpoenas/testimony from ex-employees i.e. Comey, Baker, Yates, Carlin, Laufman, Rybicki, Campbell, Kortan, etc .... not to mention Glenn Simpson, Nellie Ohr, and many others. Wouldn't their testimony be helpful to the OIG investigation ... why wait until after the IG report is finished?
BQ78
AG
Because they aren't getting any immunity and will be getting the most jail time.
backintexas2013
AG
Betting that Mueller will try everything to block some people from testifying. Namely McCabe and Comey. That will be an interesting fight.
titan
S
backintexas2013 said:

Betting that Mueller will try everything to block some people from testifying. Namely McCabe and Comey. That will be an interesting fight.
How could he have any credibility doing that? Easily one of the most suspect ones in this whole deal is them.
backintexas2013
AG
Because he will say it will interfere with his ongoing investigation. Same reason he held back on text messages from PS and LP.

I have no faith Comey or McCabe will be touched.
Garrelli 5000
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Doing that would provide a very public reason to fire him.
fasthorse05
Feels post here.

I now have such visceral dislike for Mueller (Weissman goes without saying), that there's not much he could now do that would surprise me regarding the SC investigation. Basically, assuming the story of the four Boston men 35 years ago was legit, then my respect for him is nonexistent.

*******!!!!
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
coyote68
Ironic, but Mueller is about to become the prey. Obstruction of justice is a serious charge.
benchmark
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Because he will say it will interfere with his ongoing investigation. Same reason he held back on text messages from PS and LP.
Conjecture. Far more likely that text messages from PS/LP were held back by the (now revealed) DOJ prosecutor.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Thanks for sharing. If a DOJ prosecutor and GJ has been in place for some time - what's the legal strategy for delaying GJ subpoenas/testimony from ex-employees i.e. Comey, Baker, Yates, Carlin, Laufman, Rybicki, Campbell, Kortan, etc .... not to mention Glenn Simpson, Nellie Ohr, and many others. Wouldn't their testimony be helpful to the OIG investigation ... why wait until after the IG report is finished?
You keep forgetting the wealth of information, particularly communications, that Horowitz has been quietly amassing over the past year. Anyone who appeared in a FISA court, testified before Congress either in open or closed door sessions, are on record. (Getting the FISA court records are more problematical, but not impossible.)

What they were saying behind the scenes at the time is very useful and accomplishes much of what their grand jury testimony would. Besides, several of them would likely wind up taking the 5th anyway.

As long as the rank and file have been forthcoming and helpful to the OIG, much of the grunt work has been done.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

You keep forgetting the wealth of information, particularly communications, that Horowitz has been quietly amassing over the past year. Anyone who appeared in a FISA court, testified before Congress either in open or closed door sessions, are on record. (Getting the FISA court records are more problematical, but not impossible.)

What they were saying behind the scenes at the time is very useful and accomplishes much of what their grand jury testimony would. Besides, several of them would likely wind up taking the 5th anyway.

As long as the rank and file have been forthcoming and helpful to the OIG, much of the grunt work has been done.
And if he has any aspirations of connecting the dots all the way to 1500 Pennsylvania he has to have all his ducks in a row, because it will be a one shot deal, there will be no second chance.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And if he has any aspirations of connecting the dots all the way to 1500 Pennsylvania he has to have all his ducks in a row, because it will be a one shot deal, there will be no second chance.
They are likely already there. Obama being briefed in August 2016, the inclusion of McDonough in the Page/Strzok texts a guy on Obama's White House staff. And other visits to the White House by some of the players (courtesy of the Susan Rice email-to-self just minutes after Trump's inauguration.)

Then there's Brennan going to Harry Reid. (CIA Director briefs the Minority Leader of the Senate but not the President?? Not possible.) Then Reid dutifully writing a letter to Comey to cover for an investigation that was already in progress.

"What did the President know and when did he know it?" We are at that point.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

They are likely already there. Obama being briefed in August 2016, the inclusion of McDonough in the Page/Strzok texts a guy on Obama's White House staff. And other visits to the White House by some of the players (courtesy of the Susan Rice email-to-self just minutes after Trump's inauguration.)

Then there's Brennan going to Harry Reid. (CIA Director briefs the Minority Leader of the Senate but not the President?? Not possible.) Then Reid dutifully writing a letter to Comey to cover for an investigation that was already in progress.

"What did the President know and when did he know it?" We are at that point.
Agreed, but this is such uncharted territory at this point, I'm good with being overly cautious. Barry and his bunch are embedded deep, and this is so far beyond erasing 18 minutes of tapes or using an intern for a humidor. I'm sure there are reservations because they know when the truth comes out the FISC may be toast. It's a tough call, but the truth needs to be known. I'm sure we may never know the whole truth, but if the just verify what we do know, the future of the FISC is dim. I personally would rather see them redo the entire thing. Mainly because I thought the FISC was designed to protect the citizens from surveillance and it has done just the opposite.
Code 7 10-42
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yes, OIG has a wealth of info and likely corroborating in-house testimony. At some point however, non-employees will be subpoenaed to testify.. My question is; why wait until after the IG releases his report? Head scratcher.
titan
S

Quote:

I's a tough call, but the truth needs to be known. I'm sure we may never know the whole truth, but if the just verify what we do know, the future of the FISC is dim. I personally would rather see them redo the entire thing. Mainly because I thought the FISC was designed to protect the citizens from surveillance and it has done just the opposite.
Little to worry. Most things this century were done so poorly, too open ended, and so half-baked, redoing and narrowing them will probably solve more than it would harm.
3 Toed Pete
AG
titan said:

Quote:

I's a tough call, but the truth needs to be known. I'm sure we may never know the whole truth, but if the just verify what we do know, the future of the FISC is dim. I personally would rather see them redo the entire thing. Mainly because I thought the FISC was designed to protect the citizens from surveillance and it has done just the opposite.
Little to worry. Most things this century were done so poorly, too open ended, and so half-baked, redoing and narrowing them will probably solve more than it would harm.
Anytime we elect a corrupt scumbag to the office of POTUS, they are going to break laws and abuse any system. We had The Community Organizer and damn near followed that up with hillary, who would have been even worse. It's on the American people to elect better people to The Office.
drcrinum

Worth watching. Turley thinks Sessions is doing the right thing.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Yes, OIG has a wealth of info and likely corroborating in-house testimony. At some point however, non-employees will be subpoenaed to testify.. My question is; why wait until after the IG releases his report? Head scratcher.
Yes and no. We don't know how many witnesses have already been brought before the grand jury. Start with the low folks on the totem pole and progress up to the ranks to make a record before the target comes in. Gives fuller context to the grand jury to assess credibility, for one thing.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yes and no. We don't know how many witnesses have already been brought before the grand jury. Start with the low folks on the totem pole and progress up to the ranks to make a record before the target comes in. Gives fuller context to the grand jury to assess credibility, for one thing.
Agree ... excellent point. And I suppose sworn depositions from GJ witnesses could also be in play.
ccatag
AG
A little off subject but a thought I continue to have.
We are assuming that Strozk, Page, Ohr, Prestreip (sp?), Baker, etc., may be talking and cooperating. This would likely be known by McCabe, Comey, Brenner, Yates, etc., don't you think? People are people and they gossip, talk, speculate ...

How do you keep control over that?
Do you suppose a guy like McCabe has talked (either directly or indirectly) with Strozuk or Page or Baker? Or Yates with Ohr, in hopes of finding out what's happening and what's going down?

I'm curious what some of you experienced legal people might be able to share on that. I have no experience about much of any of this stuff.

Thanks and I'll hang up.
backintexas2013
AG
I think PS and Page are most likely to talk. If you have read their texts there was some serious CYA in there. They would talk about how it wasn't their decision and that they needed to be out of the decision making loop.

While not in those exact terms if you go read them that was exactly what they were saying To each other. They aren't going down alone and if I remember correctly PS immediately hired a lawyer when this broke. He is neck deep and I doubt he wants to go down alone and especially lose everything for a below average Page.
Rockdoc
AG
What I want to know is do these above listed people still have their security clearances and is so what kind of damage can they do?
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.