Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,493,998 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aggiehawg
ScottH_01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

ScottH_01 said:

aggiehawg said:

I'm just wondering why Trump was getting that much scrutiny that early in the primaries and by the FBI? CIA?

Poppy Bush called in favors?

One of the things very clearly exposed by the DNC email leaks was that not only was Hillary rigging the D nomination for herself, she was using their media contacts to heavily influence the GOP primaries towards the more "fringe" candidates that they believed they could easily beat. Trump was their #1 choice to run against and by March/April it already looked like he was the most likely to win.
I don't quite buy that. Sure, Hillary may have thought she wanted Trump to be the GOP nominee but Trump wouldn't have been garnering such large crowds if he hadn't tapped into that broad swath of voters who were just frustrated with the same old politicians.

Even the Dems experienced the same with the Bernie phenomenon. Had the DNC not had the superdelegate system that can Hillary the power of the purse* over many of those superdelegates, Bernie would have gotten the nomination or come damn close to it.

In the overall scheme of things, Obama was not only bad for the country he was a disaster for the Democratic Party. Even his own voters didn't like the "hope and change" that he wrought. Hillary ran on Obama's third term, after all. Wasn't enough.

*Obama did little to shore up the DNC's coffers. The party was essentially broke going into the 2018 election cycle. She was able to funnel money into the party and the DNCCC that provided campaign funds for Dem Congress Critters, a/k/a superdelegates.
drcrinum referenced the email I was thinking about. I'm not trying to downplay the frustration that Trump tapped into, but Hillary was purposefully trying to help his candidacy in the primaries.

Personally, I believe the entire Dem party knew the fix was in, including Bernie, and he only hung in as long as he did for a increased pay-out. If DWS wasn't running the DNC as Hillary's secondary campaign headquarters I don't believe that Bernie would've been in the top 3 candidates, as other more realistic candidates would've been in play.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Personally, I believe the entire Dem party knew the fix was in, including Bernie, and he only hung in as long as he did for a increased pay-out. If DWS wasn't running the DNC as Hillary's secondary campaign headquarters I don't believe that Bernie would've been in the top 3 candidates, as other more realistic candidates would've been in play.
That's a very fair point. However, even without DWS, the DNC likely would have still been broke and in need of a sugar momma or daddy.

One other thing that Hillary made have had on her side during the primaries because DWS was DNC chair---blackmail material courtesy of Imran Awan.
Line Ate Member
AG
It always cracked me up that shows like GMA had Trump on almost everyday during the primaries. The Pied Piper strategy just shows how much the MSM and the DNC are attached and integrated within each other. It must be nice to have unlimited and unmitigated access to voters without using any of your campaign funds.

Such utter bull****!!!
drcrinum

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/27/next-big-revelations-steele-dossier-will-come-courts-not-congress/

This is an excellent read. There are multiple subpoenas out for info concerning the dossier in connection with various civil lawsuits. You would be surprised. I can't parse the article now as I have to leave and drive to Houston.
Ellis Wyatt
Line Ate Member said:

It always cracked me up that shows like GMA had Trump on almost everyday during the primaries. The Pied Piper strategy just shows how much the MSM and the DNC are attached and integrated within each other. It must be nice to have unlimited and unmitigated access to voters without using any of your campaign funds.

Such utter bull****!!!
They basically did the same thing with John McCain. He was a saint in the media's eyes until he got the nomination.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I think the GOP should cut the media out completely.

DEFINE the narrative yourself.

Trump did this a lot with his rallies but take it even further.

• Don't invite any of the mainstream media to your events
  • put out your own videos of rallies, speeches, etc. on some internet media platform
  • have your own orchestrated Q&A (like they do)
  • hold town halls for your issues and supporters
  • only do appearances on right oriented talk shows, etc.

Basically don't play their game. You don't need the media to reach people any more.

I would not even go on their orchestrated debates - unless they go on yours.

both sides can play the same game now - they don't need to cower and bow to the pressure of the left MSM.

The only people listening to them bashing the GOP candidates will be the Lib audience that you cannot sway anyway.

techno-ag
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Line Ate Member said:

Such utter bull****!!!
They basically did the same thing with John McCain. He was a saint in the media's eyes until he got the nomination.
Yup. I recall he seemed surprised when they turned on him.
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm assuming the OIG report is no longer due this month. When's it projected now?
RoscoePColtrane
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
SpreadsheetAg
Rapier108
BenFiasco14 said:

I'm assuming the OIG report is no longer due this month. When's it projected now?
Last rumor I heard was it has been kicked to May.
drcrinum

Motion to Dismiss: https://www.pdf-archive.com/2018/03/27/manafort-motion-to-dismiss/

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/978737186219679744.html

Today Manafort filed a motion to dismiss Mueller's indictment, claiming Mueller has no authority to indict him on an old investigation conducted by the DOJ years ago + other reasoning. Thread written by a lawyer who has scrutinized the Motion to Dismiss. Aggiehawg ought to be interested in this one.
Rapier108

drcrinum
Rapier108 said:

There is no information disclosed about what Mueller actually provided to Flynn's attorneys. I have a question though: Is Flynn now permitted to subpoena info concerning new issues that have arisen since he plead guilty? Specifically: Could he subpoena Mueller to: Discover why Strzok was specifically removed from Mueller's Team? And subpoena the FBI/DOJ to discover if Strzok's 302s of the January 2017 interview were later edited, and if so, by whom. If Mueller knew those 302s had been later edited and he still proceeded with the guilty plea, I think he should be disbarred.
RoscoePColtrane
Rod Rosenstein has officially been served a subpoena to appear and produce documents to the Committee of the Judiciary on April 5, 2018.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

If Mueller knew those 302s had been later edited and he still proceeded with the guilty plea, I think he should be disbarred.
Interesting question. What happens if evidence shows Mueller knowingly used edited 302's to obtain Flynn's guilty plea?
aggiehawg
AG
Well that was an interesting read. Semi on double jeopardy but hard on jurisdiction. And really hard on Rosenstein completely failing in his responsibilities to run herd on Mueller to prevent an ultra vires act.

The biggest problem for Mueller was the search warrant used for the pre-dawn, no knock raid on Manafort. Went back to 2005-2006 issues? Really? Those "or may arise" are issues in the order appointing him?

No, those are "arose" during...........He went back in time to settle a score that "arose" under his own watch as FBI Director. He's Chuck Rhoades. (That's a Billions reference for those don't know.)

To some that won't make sense but hear me out. The argument here is that Mueller wasn't given jurisdiction to go there because that stuff was investigated and no action taken. That's the Double Jeopardy clause but he wasn't either cleared nor no-billed, Double Jeopardy didn't attach.

From a legal standpoint, Manafort's lawyers raised good points. Excellent points but the law in this case is irrevelant. He's hated. Plus, he's scummy.

I'll be shocked if his indictment gets dismissed over that pleading. (Given the sad state of the judiciary, these days. Although it likely should be.)
drcrinum

Turns out that Sessions chewed out Wray over the FBI's slow response to Congressional requests which resulted in Goodlatte's subpoena.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

Turns out that Sessions chewed out Wray over the FBI's slow response to Congressional requests which resulted in Goodlatte's subpoena.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I just got a mental image of Sessions standing toe to toe with Wray, looking up, chewing him out and poking his finger in Wray's stomach since Wray's much taller. Well, Sessions is the right height for an ass chewing of Wray.
Rockdoc
AG
I'm just happy to see that both men are awake.
aggiehawg
AG
Looks like Mueller just unzipped his pants on the Flynn matter.

Special Counsel hands over evidence
AggieJoji
AG
Court documents show that Gates was dealing with a Russian spy in 2016 and knew that he worked for the GRU.

http://www.newsweek.com/mueller-tells-court-paul-manafort-partner-rick-gates-knew-they-were-dealing-ex-862897

Also Guccifer had an IP trail left on one of his connections that shows the data went through the GRU (Russian spy agency HQ).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-lone-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-slipped-up-and-revealed-he-was-a-russian-intelligence-officer

backintexas2013
AG
Don't you mean ex Russian spy and former intelligence officer?

Maybe it wasn't an intentional mistake but it should be cleared up
aggiehawg
AG
Whoa! Grassley opening up another can of worms against DOJ.

Read this.
Ellis Wyatt
aggiehawg said:

Whoa! Grassley opening up another can of worms against DOJ.

Read this.

The DOJ is a liberal cesspool and our intelligence agencies are full of power mad corrupt people. Unfortunately, I don't think Trump will outlast them. I just hope he can clean out low hanging fruit and bring a lot of the corruption to light.
akm91
AG
Damn, has the DOJ always been this horrendous?
Ellis Wyatt
akm91 said:

At least since Eric Holder was breaking the law and running amok there.
backintexas2013
AG
I heard one of the lawyers for Randall Dale Adams speak and also Michael Morton speak. They said all that has to happen is a prosecutor out to get you and someone willing to lie and they can make your life miserable including being thrown in prison.
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

Certain districts, yes. Particularly the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. DC district blows hot and cold depending on who the AG is.

Under Holder and Lynch it was no holds barred for US Attorneys wanting to make a name for themselves.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
drcrinum said:

Motion to Dismiss: https://www.pdf-archive.com/2018/03/27/manafort-motion-to-dismiss/

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/978737186219679744.html

Today Manafort filed a motion to dismiss Mueller's indictment, claiming Mueller has no authority to indict him on an old investigation conducted by the DOJ years ago + other reasoning. Thread written by a lawyer who has scrutinized the Motion to Dismiss. Aggiehawg ought to be interested in this one.

just took a gander at this motion. It's something of a rifle shot but it has a real chance of winning because it was written for judge Ellis. Would be interesting if he grants it and the 4th circuit gets tapped.

Pro tip for young lawyers: this brief is an excellent example of selecting the right message for the right audience. I would not be surprised if Ellis grants it and basically says, "when wielding the power of the United States government, you have an absolute obligation to do everything right. You failed, so indictments dismissed."
aggiehawg
AG
Unfamiliar with Judge Ellis. Is he a straight shooter?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

Unfamiliar with Judge Ellis. Is he a straight shooter?
in my experience.
aggiehawg
AG
Good news.
drcrinum
AggieJoji said:

Court documents show that Gates was dealing with a Russian spy in 2016 and knew that he worked for the GRU.

http://www.newsweek.com/mueller-tells-court-paul-manafort-partner-rick-gates-knew-they-were-dealing-ex-862897

We've had posts about Zwaan before. This all goes back to the Ukraine, and if anything, it leads to Podesta & the Clinton Foundation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5413431/Lawyer-oligarchs-son-Mueller-guilty-plea.html

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966121512825585664.html?refreshed=yes

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/967128176878084098.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/paul-manafort-american-hustler/550925/
First Page Last Page
Page 231 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.