Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,495,208 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by aggiehawg
hawk1689
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgive me for not being as up to date as some of you. How do we know they were having an affair in the first place?
MouthBQ98
AG
I want to say other texts and communications made it pretty apparent and they admitted to it at some point?
aggiehawg
AG
hawk1689 said:

Forgive me for not being as up to date as some of you. How do we know they were having an affair in the first place?
Because they told the press that themselves, although it might have been a cover story justifying the sheer number of texts they sent back and forth.
MadDog73
AG
Why are these two still employed?
Ellis Wyatt
Cepe said:

The more text messages I read between those two give no indication they were in a romantic relationship.

It looks that way, but supposedly Mueller has withheld all of the "romantic texts." Not sure why he has the authority to do that in the first place.
Prosperdick
AG
MadDog73 said:

My hope is because they will be witnesses and provide damning testimony.
RoscoePColtrane
MadDog73 said:

Here's my thoughts on that. Sessions has been dragging his feet on appointing a second special counsel, allowing Horowitz do his investigation into all of this. Potential witnesses that are not still employed by the government, are out of the reach of Horowitz. As long as they are still employed in some neutered capacity, they still have to answer to the IG or resign, or be fired for cause. That's the only reason I feel he has let Ohr and these two stick around.

However IMHO Sessions is at the point with McCabe, he is either going to have to fire McCabe before Saturday or he will be going home to Alabama, to be an attorney again. If he protects McCabe he's done period.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Garrelli 5000
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

This is going to make a blockbuster series or movie someday. Real life makes Clancy look like an amatuer
It would have a cast the size of a Cecil B. DeMille movie.

Full of unknown actors because the big name stars are too scared.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/16/british-court-christopher-steele-dossier-buzzfeed/

Quote:

British Court Orders Christopher Steele To Appear For Deposition In Dossier Lawsuit

...Aleksej Gubarev, a Russian businessman named in the dossier, is suing BuzzFeed in Florida and Steele in London. The dossier claims that Gubarev was recruited as a Russian spy and that his web hosting companies were used to infiltrate the DNC's computer systems.

Gubarev's lawyers have tried for months to force the London-based Steele to provide a deposition for the lawsuit against BuzzFeed, which is being heard in federal court in Florida.

Steele has resisted the efforts to provide a deposition, arguing that Gubarev's lawyers are attempting to use his deposition in the BuzzFeed case in order to collect information for use in the lawsuit pending against him in the U.K.

But a British judge sided against that argument.

A judge on the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court in London ruled, "it is obvious that the author of the paragraph complained of in the Florida proceedings would be a relevant witness in defamation proceedings which are entirely based on the allegations in that paragraph, in a jurisdiction where the plaintiffs have to prove that the allegations are false...

Fray-Witzer told The Daily Caller News Foundation a date has not been set for the deposition, but will likely be held within the next 4-6 weeks....
aggiehawg
AG
That's impressive. Getting a British court to order a depo in an American civil legal proceeding. Not the easiest thing to do. Not impossible just not easy. (And very costly.)
drcrinum

He did it!
drcrinum

Bird93
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

He did it!

Alpha Mike Foxtrot...
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
McCabe Statement

Code 7 10-42
Long Live Sully
AG
Delusional? CHECK

Arrogant? CHECK

Self Important? CHECK

Noble? CHECK

Martyr? CHECK

FOS? CHECK

Must be a lib.
RoscoePColtrane
McCabe's Lawyer Statement

Code 7 10-42
Hogties
AG
That statement from the lawyer is ridiculous. It was the ticking clock of his impending retirement that forced the investigation, recommendation, and action to be sped up.

And yes every federal employee should know that if they get caught doing things they shouldn't be doing they might be fired.

I assume the OIG report will make the reason for his firing clear.
Cen-Tex
AG
McCabe should now be fitted for an orange jumpsuit
SpreadsheetAg
AG
policywonk98 said:

This Contreras relationship is one of the biggest reasons DC should be converted to one big Smithsonian museum and the entire federal government shrunk down and divided out throughout the us.

The stakes are too high and way too many social relationships surrounding decision making that should be impartial. This includes law enforcement, intelligence, defense, policymaking, media, etc.

I always thought they should move it to Independence, Kansas....

Near the Population mean center of the US as well as the geographical center of the continental US...
RoscoePColtrane
SpreadsheetAg said:

policywonk98 said:

This Contreras relationship is one of the biggest reasons DC should be converted to one big Smithsonian museum and the entire federal government shrunk down and divided out throughout the us.

The stakes are too high and way too many social relationships surrounding decision making that should be impartial. This includes law enforcement, intelligence, defense, policymaking, media, etc.

Near the Population mean center of the US as well as the geographical center of the continental US...
100,000+ acres available at Fort Riley would make a perfect place for them.
Code 7 10-42
Ag with kids
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

policywonk98 said:

While I agree completely, I think the good folks in Independence, KS would say oh HELL no.
aggiehawg
AG
Hogties said:

That statement from the lawyer is ridiculous. It was the ticking clock of his impending retirement that forced the investigation, recommendation, and action to be sped up.

And yes every federal employee should know that if they get caught doing things they shouldn't be doing they might be fired.

Civil Service Rules. McCabe has multiple appeal processes available. Or he could turn state's evidence. His choice.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

McCabe's Lawyer Statement

That last sentence is spot on (except for the opinions on the admin). If you're a dirty cop or a swamp thing deep stater, you BETTER watch out; F- your feels and your retirement.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Hogties said:

Civil Service Rules. McCabe has multiple appeal processes available. Or he could turn state's evidence. His choice.
Harmeet Dhillon seemed to indicate that members of the FBI have fewer options because of some different set of rules they fall under than your average Civil Servant. I wasn't clear on what she was alluding to, maybe I misunderstood.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

ccatag
AG
Hopefully McCabe will run up some major legal fees and have to mortgage his house. He didn't have a problem inflicting that on General Flynn.
RoscoePColtrane
I want to see this hack prosecuted for leaking so bad

Code 7 10-42
stetson
AG
RyanAg08 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'd be curious to know if the board members had any idea that the technical side of the business was unable to actually produce a working process? It's possible the operational side kept them in the dark as they scrambled to come up with something to justify all the BS they'd been selling to investors and customers.

I'd say a look at internal communications would probably reveal the extent of knowledge.

Board members are not involved in the day-to-day stuff. That's why the apoint the CEO and so on.

Most of their insight into the business comes through governance reporting, which is compiled by management. It could be very easy to conceal stuff from the board.

True. I have witnessed this first hand. When the truth came out there was mass firings of executive management.
drcrinum

Hopefully the evidence supports an indictment. One thing for certain: It is extremely difficult to fire a civil service employee, especially a senior employee with many years of service -- I know from personal experience; the bureaucracy protects itself religiously. My experience though was in the realm of the non-security/non-intelligence agencies that form the bulk of federal civil service employees. The FBI/CIA/DOS agencies have different sets of rules, so perhaps it is easier/simpler in McCabe's case...or the evidence is overwhelming &/or criminal in nature. For instance: 'lying' would constitute a major/firing infraction at the FBI (such as falsifying a 302), whereas a 'lie' in the other agencies would often be considered a minor offense and only result in a reprimand/warning or a demotion at worst.
drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Harmeet Dhillon seemed to indicate that members of the FBI have fewer options because of some different set of rules they fall under than your average Civil Servant. I wasn't clear on what she was alluding to, maybe I misunderstood.
True. I am unfamiliar with how the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility impacts or interacts with the normal Civil Service procedures. It well could be that McCabe's reported begging to keep his job long enough to get his pension was a part of the "appeal" process.

We'll see.
oneeyedag
When someone uses the "just ask them" phrase I'm always suspicious on who is them? Moreover, chaotic events just what the hell has he been doing over the last year? Creating chaos, texting his bff of his hatred about anyone he hates on company time.

He got caught, and now he doesn't know what to do as he thought he was untouchable and his hubris finally caught up with him.
oneeyedag
Dang it DP
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.