Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,442,662 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by nortex97
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-intel-committee-gop-plan-to-wall-themselves-off-from-democrats-devin-nunes-adam-schiff/

BUILD THE WALL

Quote:

In a sign of increasing partisan hostilities, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee plan to construct a wall -- a physical partition -- separating Republican and Democratic staff members in the committee's secure spaces, according to multiple committee sources. It's expected to happen this spring.
Quote:

"I'm not part of that decision," said Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas. "You've got to talk to Devin. I don't know what they're trying to do one way or the other."

"I swear to God I didn't know that," said Rep. Tom Rooney, R-Florida, when asked about the plan. While acknowledging a wall might not be constructive for the committee's work, he said, "The level of trust and the level of everything down there is -- it's poison. It's absolute poison down there."

Rooney said one reason for the tension is an erosion of trust, exacerbated by an ongoing ethics investigation into the "entire Republican staff," including "the woman up front that answers the phone" for alleged leaks. He later added that the matter was being handled by the Office of Congressional Ethics.
Butt hurt democrats, sounds like...

Quote:

While other House committees commonly have some divide between their majority and minority staff, for a committee whose history, broadly, and whose burden, arguably, is to be functionally bipartisan, the plan for the wall -- in all its unfortunate symbolism -- is a troubling sign of things to come.

It raises new questions about the committee's ability to complete its sputtering investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and even to conduct its regular oversight of the country's 17 intelligence agencies.

In recent weeks, rancorous and highly public disagreements between Republicans and Democrats have seemed often to disrupt and sometimes undo the committee's investigative progress on the Russia probe in particular. The committee has not interviewed a witness since former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski cut his interview short on Jan. 18. A day earlier, former chief White House strategist Steve Bannon did the same. Both, at the direction and apparent insistence of the White House, refused to answer questions beyond a certain scope.

Only Bannon has been issued a subpoena to reappear before the committee. So far, he has failed to do so three times.
Quote:

Immediately following the Republican memo's release, Nunes spoke with several conservative outlets about his plans to pursue "Phase 2" of an investigation related to, but separate from, the committee's ongoing Russia investigation -- this one said to be focused on "irregularities" at the State Department.

But like plans for the wall, the number and focus of Nunes' ancillary, investigatory phases appear to be mostly unknown to the rest of the committee.

"I'm doing all the Russia stuff and he's doing all the investigatory things," Conaway said recently. "I haven't talked to him about where he goes from here."
Quote:

Both Conaway and Rooney said they had confidence in Nunes' leadership, and that he should stay on as chairman.
Quote:

"When Devin and Schiff get over this battle they're talking about right now, it will be right for our country for those two to work together in a bipartisan way," [Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, D-Maryland] said. "These are some of the most dangerous times our country has ever faced," he said, listing threats from Russia, China and ISIS.

"If there was ever a time to work together, it's now."

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/961770317076189184.html

The Russian lobbyist who was texting Senator Warner is named Adam Waldman. He is a lawyer with a long history in DC where he has connections. One of his principal clients is Oleg Deripaska, the Russian aluminum tycoon who has also been involved with Paul Manafort, & Deripaska's name appears in the Warner texts multiple times. Waldman is wealthy and has been involved in philanthropy with some of the world's high rollers. He has strong Clinton & Soros ties, so that ought to tell you on which side of the fence he stands.

The above thread is a compilation of some of the known facts on Waldman if you are interested, especially if you are going to parse the Warner text messages with Waldman.
backintexas2013
AG
Can you blame them? Would you want to share an office with a guy that wanted naked pics of Donald Trump?
Ellis Wyatt
I disagree that they need to work together. The things Schiff has falsely accused Nunes and the republicans of are beyond the pale. You don't just get over that. And it's been done to obstruct justice.

The dims are compromised. Schiff, at the very least, should be behind bars.
drcrinum

WaPo now admitting they meet with Steele twice in 2016:
1) Once in late September with Simpson also present. Two hour talk session. Did not publish anything because could not verify any of the information.
2) Again in October 2016 (Simpson not present), where agreed to keep the meeting off the record.

So was this an attempt to make it clear that the WaPo was not on Fusion GPS' bankroll?
HelloUncleNateFitch
Trying to cover their asses. I'm sure WaPo was lied to like everyone else, actually lends them some credibility in my eyes that they didn't publish because they couldn't confirm.
fasthorse05
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/961770317076189184.html

The Russian lobbyist who was texting Senator Warner is named Adam Waldman. He is a lawyer with a long history in DC where he has connections. One of his principal clients is Oleg Deripaska, the Russian aluminum tycoon who has also been involved with Paul Manafort, & Deripaska's name appears in the Warner texts multiple times. Waldman is wealthy and has been involved in philanthropy with some of the world's high rollers. He has strong Clinton & Soros ties, so that ought to tell you on which side of the fence he stands.

The above thread is a compilation of some of the known facts on Waldman if you are interested, especially if you are going to parse the Warner text messages with Waldman.
"He's a founding Board Member of Friends of the Global Fight and the Center for Global Development (CGD)".

That quote from threadreaderapp is PERFECTLY named for resume building, and showing off to your DC "friends and acquaintances"!

Whether they actually accomplish anything of value ANYWHERE during their "Fight" for Global Development, is another question. For the left, the name alone is generally all you need to be praiseworthy. Since DC is 95% Dem, I'm shocked he hasn't had a parade in his honor.

If he had any ethics, he could walk out his frickin' door and help "Develop" areas of Washington DC!
Rapier108
Quote:

Schiff, at the very least, should be behind bars.
Nah, we don't put the mentally ill in prison.

A padded room is the best place for him so he can get the help he so desperately needs.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

WaPo now admitting they meet with Steele twice in 2016:
1) Once in late September with Simpson also present. Two hour talk session. Did not publish anything because could not verify any of the information.
2) Again in October 2016 (Simpson not present), where agreed to keep the meeting off the record.

So was this an attempt to make it clear that the WaPo was not on Fusion GPS' bankroll?
Maybe.

But something else may be going on <dons tin foil hat>. We know WaPo's Devlin Barrett was a reporter of choice for Page/Strzok to leak information from the text messages, released thus far. Strzok was likely heavily involved in the Carter Page FISA warrant and Lisa Page too as an FBI lawyer. Were they involved in putting WaPo and Steele together through Devlin Barrett? To get some other corroboration for the dossier?? (Even if unsuccessful in the case of WaPo?)
akm91
AG
That's a great point! Would not be surprised at all that's how the meetings were arranged.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
titan
S
ccaggie05 said:

I don't usually go for conspiracies and tend to avoid getting into the weeds on topics like this, but my God there is a ton of smoke here.

I mean, the majority of the smoke for the Trump campaign collusion issue was the dossier and the intel community just saying "Russia meddled in our election". I think it's safe to say that the dossier has been confirmed to be nothing but a big pile of partisan garbage and there is evidence elements of the intel community were working hard to keep Trump from being elected. Even things that have looked bad for Trump, like the Trump Jr meeting, are being tied to Fusion GPS now, the outfit behind the dossier.

To make matters even worse, we now know that Rep. Schiff and Sen. Warner both attempted to work with Russians to obtain dirt on Trump. How exactly is that ANY different than what Trump has been accused of this whole time? If there were texts or audio of Republicans trying to work with Russians to get dirt on Hillary, the MSM would be going nuts about Russia collusion.

Of course, all we hear are crickets from the MSM and liberal areas of the internet, other than mocking about how the Republicans are coming up with conspiracy theories. I've ventured to a couple liberal discussion boards and either they are ignoring all of this, or just saying this is just proof that Mueller is close to dropping the hammer on Trump and this is the GOP's way of trying to deflect.

This whole things just feels, disgusting. I mean look, I don't like Trump and I didn't support him in the election. With that said, I'm sure as hell NOT ok with elements of our government attempting to subvert the will of the American people, and manufacturer a conspiracy branding the guy as a traitor in the process. It's ****ing disgusting.

The sad thing is, a big reason why I don't think the MSM has been talking about this is because most of them probably don't disagree with happened. To them, the prospect of Trump not being President is a big enough positive to justify whatever it takes to keep him out of office.
All true. And further, what it does is retroactively cast doubt on whether we were even a good global actor under the Obama administration,rather than otherwise when it seemed we were causing instability and weakening of more stable structures everywhere. It was an incredibly toxic administration, and it is mostly the media's fault because we have had bad apples before---but the Fourth Estate would soon make things too hot for them in the past and expose it. Now, they enable it.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/961805591667757056.html

This is an interesting thread that dwells upon upon the Warner texts with the Russian lobbyist. Why did Warner eventually decide to share this secret intel with his colleagues on the Senate Intel Committee? The author (Nameredated) concludes he did so because his texting/negotiations with the lobbyist had been discovered by OIG Horowitz...meaning Warner was trying to CYA. Figures.
titan
S

Quote:

Quoted tweet:
1. So we find out FBI Peter Strzok text to DOJ Lisa Page on Aug 15, '16 'we need an insurance policy'. Lots of speculation about what. With all that's come out (so far) I'm 100% certain that policy was the Dossier. BOTH of them.
What is so interesting is since McCain got involved in it in October/Nov of the election in a way there was bipartisan (though he is ultra-RINO, not really Republican even) collusion. Remember when Trump said "it is rigged"??? In a very real way, Trump was RIGHT as he was speaking. It had been rigged--and not just in the debates, but in something like the dossier being manufactured. Just not rigged in the voting-machine sense that layman would think when hear the phrase.

Hmmmm...
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What is so interesting is since McCain got involved in it in October/Nov of the election in a way there was bipartisan (though he is ultra-RINO, not really Republican even) collusion. Remember when Trump said "it is rigged"??? In a very real way, Trump was RIGHT as he was speaking. It had been rigged--and not just in the debates, but in something like the dossier being manufactured. Just not rigged in the voting-machine sense that layman would think when hear the phrase.

Hmmmm...
McCain is crazy and vindictive. He also hates Trump. For McCain his involvement might has been as simple as he just wanted to hear Trump deny the pee-pee showers thing.

(That apochryphal story about LBJ wanting to leak stories about his opponent being a pig f***er not because it was believable but because he just wanted to hear him deny it.)
4stringAg
AG
Not a whisper on ABC this morning about the revelation of Warners texts. But you know what they did talk about? Omarosa's crying revelation on Celebrity Big Brother that we should all be very scared of what's going on in the Trump White House.

so I wonder what the situation would have been if someone like Cruz or Jeb would have won the Republican nomination? Is all this stuff because it was Trump and they viewed him as an outsider who could expose the corruption inside the beltway or would this type of thing been attempted on any Republican nominee in 2016 because they were "all in" on Hillary continuing Obama's "transformation" efforts?
titan
S
4stringAg said:

Not a whisper on ABC this morning about the revelation of Warners texts. But you know what they did talk about? Omarosa's crying revelation on Celebrity Big Brother that we should all be very scared of what's going on in the Trump White House.

so I wonder what the situation would have been if someone like Cruz or Jeb would have won the Republican nomination? Is all this stuff because it was Trump and they viewed him as an outsider who could expose the corruption inside the beltway or would this type of thing been attempted on any Republican nominee in 2016 because they were "all in" on Hillary continuing Obama's "transformation" efforts?
The compliant MSM is truly criminal. If the nation comes upon harder times, they will bear a great degree of blame for it.

Some of the great investigative journalists and reporters of the past must be spinning in their graves at the sight of this lot of sycophantic partisan weasels acting as the front porch for the Democratic Party. It used to be such an important and even exciting field to follow their discoveries.
Bird93
AG
The more I read, the madder and sicker I get. The sad thing is, almost everyone I know is content with their ignorance. They all think I've gone rogue conspirator when I bring up the topic, and these people are fine conservatives. The country has grown numb to our political corruptness, and make me furious.
FTAG 2000
AG
Sounds like the WP is trying to distance itself from its reporter that was helping Page and Strzok. Guessing they know something's coming and their lawyers are trying to play defense with that story.
benchmark
AG
4stringAg said:

Not a whisper on ABC this morning about .....
Media outlets today are only about ratings ... hence pandering to their audience. Fox does it also.
Ditto the late night hosts.

Sad commentary on the press' 1st amendment rights.
Ellis Wyatt
benchmark said:

4stringAg said:

Not a whisper on ABC this morning about .....
Media outlets today are only about ratings
False. They are about indoctrination. They aren't even pretending to be objective. It has nothing to do with ratings
drcrinum
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

Quote:

One text message exchange is making the rounds on the internet today.

Peter Strzok was the Chief of the Counterespionage Section during the FBI's investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a personal email server. He also hated Donald Trump along with his lover Lisa Page.

In this exchange posted online Peter Strzok admits the DOJ was forced to tell Congress about the Weiner laptop emails only because George Toscas at the DOJ found out about them.

The FBI sat on this evidence for a month before turning it over to Congress and only because they couldn't hide it from George Toscas.

In 2016, George Zeno Toscas was a General Attorney at the Offices, Boards and Divisions in Washington, District Of Columbia.

Toscas was the guy that gave Comey s*** for calling the Hillary Investigation a "matter"!

Sat on them from 9/28/2016 till 10/21/2016. Planning to make them disappear after Hillary won.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/961879180886585344.html

Quote:

3. Think about this carefully.

4. The Vice-Chair of the committee not only compromised his leadership position, but he also compromised every member of that committee by conspiring, covertly, with a "Registered Russian Agent" within an investigation that was entirely about collaboration with Russian agents.

5. Whereas not a single member of that committee held enough integrity; enough of an understanding of ethical behavior; to call Mark Warner to task and demand full, immediate and public disclosure?

6. By their silence in the face of a stunning display of ethical malfeasance every member of the committee compromised their integrity, their representative duty, and their position on the committee. They became complicit. Period.

7. What else are they "hiding"?

akm91
AG
The only one on that list I'm surprised about without demanding full public disclosure is Tom Cotton. Not surprised with regard to all the other senators. They're all part of the swamp.
backintexas2013
AG
WHen is Naked Picture Seeking Schiff releasing his memo? Has he crawled away after he was outed?
bmks270
AG
akm91
AG
Did it ever get to Trump for him to declassify it?
Rydyn
AG
Strange.

All the MSM news headlines are about whether Kelly knew that he had a "serial abuser" on his staff and how Pence wouldn't go to the state dinner at the Olympics.
Long Live Sully
AG
akm91 said:

The only one on that list I'm surprised about without demanding full public disclosure is Tom Cotton. Not surprised with regard to all the other senators. They're all part of the swamp.
Here is Cornyn's number at his swamp office.

202-224-2934

Light him up. Useless that one is.
Cow Hop Ag and Bayside both say they are conservatives.
Bayside admits to being pro choice.
Bayside calls Cow Hop Ag a liberal because he's a moral man.

/ Charpie 4-13-18
Aggieland Proud
AG
At what point can we call this as being a coup attempt?
Prosperdick
AG
Quote:

In this exchange posted online Peter Strzok admits the DOJ was forced to tell Congress about the Weiner laptop emails only because George Toscas at the DOJ found out about them.
And there goes yet another liberal talking point of explain how Comey was in on the conspiracy when he reopened the e-mail investigation...oops "matter."
titan
S
Rydyn said:

Strange.

All the MSM news headlines are about whether Kelly knew that he had a "serial abuser" on his staff and how Pence wouldn't go to the state dinner at the Olympics.
Again, criminals, almost all of them. It really is a pity that there is no direct way to boycott a media outlet in such a way where they immediately feel it since the sponsors are so all over the board, and the publishers wealthy and uncaring.
techno-ag
AG
titan said:

Rydyn said:

Strange.

Again, criminals, almost all of them. It really is a pity that there is no direct way to boycott a media outlet in such a way where they immediately feel it since the sponsors are so all over the board, and the publishers wealthy and uncaring.
No. But they can become laughing stocks.
Rockdoc
AG
Anybody heard anything about the whereabouts of our illustrious attorney general? I'm getting tired of this crap. It's obvious Rosenstein isn't going after anybody. It must be a big joke for the swamp.
akm91
AG
Well since I don't reside in Texas, not sure how much Cornyn would care if I lit him up.
Rapier108
Rockdoc said:

Anybody heard anything about the whereabouts of our illustrious attorney general?
Hiding behind some curtains from Al Franken.
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.