Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,442,986 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by nortex97
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sid said:

Has anyone checked Rubio's finances lately? I've always thought he would be easily compromised because of his history of money trouble.
reb,
AG
it at all possible theres a good reason for Warner to have done this?

I mean, what the hell is the senate intel committee doing?
GCP12
AG

reb,
AG
sara carter is such a pretty lady <3 <3
GCP12
AG
reb, said:

I mean, what the hell is the senate intel committee doing?
Last refuge continues to say they're compromised. That's the reason nunes, grassley and goodlatte are keeping them in the dark.
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

These people just straight up don't give a ****

Aww, he's so wanting to impress her he's texting from a SCIF?? Oooh, aah, that's impressive...NOT!!

What is wrong with these people?
Ellis Wyatt
reb, said:

No. It appears he's subverting his committee and an investigation while participating in a coup against a sitting president, literally by colluding with (or attempting to) Russians.
drcrinum

Yup! That's the special trick play posted back on Page 149:
Shearer to Blumenthal to Winer to Steele.

I would appreciated some help. I can't read Winer's article -- WaPo won't let me without paying & I refuse to pay those SOBs. My question: Why did Winer write the article? What was his purpose? Is he trying to plead innocence because he knows that he has been outed and is in the crosshair's of Nunes' investigation? Or is he confessing and thereby hoping to escape prosecution? That business about him handing Shearer's hit piece to Steele...I would think he was requested to deliver it. Anyway, would you please provide a few details and dates?
aggiehawg
AG
Same boat. Won't pay those guys to read it.
Ellis Wyatt
drcrinum said:

Yup! That's the special trick play posted back on Page 149:
Shearer to Blumenthal to Winer to Steele.

I would appreciated some help. I can't read Winer's article -- WaPo won't let me without paying & I refuse to pay those SOBs. My question: Why did Winer write the article? What was his purpose? Is he trying to plead innocence because he knows that he has been outed and is in the crosshair's of Nunes' investigation? Or is he confessing and thereby hoping to escape prosecution? That business about him handing Shearer's hit piece to Steele...I would think he was requested to deliver it. Anyway, would you please provide a few details and dates?
He's trying to get ahead of the tide so the story is less shocking. Trying to blunt the political impact. If justice is served, it won't matter.

This is bad. Very bad. Worst political scandal in American history and it isn't close. Members of the Obama administration colluded with Russians to cover up a presidential candidate's crimes, attempted to influence an election, and have attempted to overthrow a duly elected president by using Russian assets to frame him. This is death penalty bad for a number of players.
GCP12
AG
Somehow it let's me read it on mobile. Here's the whole article...
Quote:

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) announced last week that the next phase of his investigation of the events that led to the appointment of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III will focus on the State Department. His apparent area of interest is my relationship with former British intelligence professional Christopher Steele and my role in material that Steele ultimately shared with the FBI.

Here's the real story: In the 1990s, I was the senior official at the State Department responsible for combating transnational organized crime. I became deeply concerned about Russian state operatives compromising and corrupting foreign political figures and businessmen from other countries. Their modus operandi was sexual entrapment and entrapment in too-good-to-be-true business deals.

After 1999, I left the State Department and developed a legal and consulting practice that often involved Russian matters. In 2009, I met and became friends with Steele, after he retired from British government service focusing on Russia. Steele was providing business intelligence on the same kinds of issues I worked on at the time.

In 2013, I returned to the State Department at the request of Secretary of State John F. Kerry, whom I had previously served as Senate counsel. Over the years, Steele and I had discussed many matters relating to Russia. He asked me whether the State Department would like copies of new information as he developed it. I contacted Victoria Nuland, a career diplomat who was then assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs, and shared with her several of Steele's reports. She told me they were useful and asked me to continue to send them. Over the next two years, I shared more than 100 of Steele's reports with the Russia experts at the State Department, who continued to find them useful. None of the reports related to U.S. politics or domestic U.S. matters, and the reports constituted a very small portion of the data set reviewed by State Department experts trying to make sense of events in Russia.

In the summer of 2016, Steele told me that he had learned of disturbing information regarding possible ties between Donald Trump, his campaign and senior Russian officials. He did not provide details but made clear the information involved "active measures," a Soviet intelligence term for propaganda and related activities to influence events in other countries.

In September 2016, Steele and I met in Washington and discussed the information now known as the "dossier." Steele's sources suggested that the Kremlin not only had been behind the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign but also had compromised Trump and developed ties with his associates and campaign.

I was allowed to review, but not to keep, a copy of these reports to enable me to alert the State Department. I prepared a two-page summary and shared it with Nuland, who indicated that, like me, she felt that the secretary of state needed to be made aware of this material.

In late September, I spoke with an old friend, Sidney Blumenthal, whom I met 30 years ago when I was investigating the Iran-contra affair for then-Sen. Kerry and Blumenthal was a reporter at The Post. At the time, Russian hacking was at the front and center in the 2016 presidential campaign. The emails of Blumenthal, who had a long association with Bill and Hillary Clinton, had been hacked in 2013 through a Russian server.

While talking about that hacking, Blumenthal and I discussed Steele's reports. He showed me notes gathered by a journalist I did not know, Cody Shearer, that alleged the Russians had compromising information on Trump of a sexual and financial nature.

What struck me was how some of the material echoed Steele's but appeared to involve different sources.

On my own, I shared a copy of these notes with Steele, to ask for his professional reaction. He told me it was potentially "collateral" information. I asked him what that meant. He said that it was similar but separate from the information he had gathered from his sources. I agreed to let him keep a copy of the Shearer notes.

Given that I had not worked with Shearer and knew that he was not a professional intelligence officer, I did not mention or share his notes with anyone at the State Department. I did not expect them to be shared with anyone in the U.S. government.

But I learned later that Steele did share them with the FBI, after the FBI asked him to provide everything he had on allegations relating to Trump, his campaign and Russian interference in U.S. elections.

I am in no position to judge the accuracy of the information generated by Steele or Shearer. But I was alarmed at Russia's role in the 2016 election, and so were U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials. I believe all Americans should be alarmed and united in the search for the truth about Russian interference in our democracy, and whether Trump and his campaign had any part in it.
titan
S
3 Toed Pete said:

aginlakeway said:

Crickets from most media on this. Crickets.
And the 2 FBI brass that have resigned in the last 2 days.
You can't expect much from fellow collaborators. Of course they go cricket.
Ellis Wyatt
So nothing but spin to deflect. He's lying. Sticking to the script, which only blind partisans would believe. (Winer)
PhatMack19
AG
aginlakeway
AG
PhatMack19 said:

"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
4stringAg
AG
Quote:

I believe all Americans should be alarmed and united in the search for the truth about Russian interference in our democracy, and whether Trump and his campaign had any part in it.
I think at this point I'm convinced that the search for truth about Russian interference in our democracy begins and ends with the Clinton campaign and the Obama DOJ/State Dept. That's where the collusion lies. Winer's last little sentence of the article wondering about whether Trump or his campaign had any part to play in Russian interference is bull**** and the American people have been 1000% misled by Dems and their henchmen in the media.
GCP12
AG

drcrinum

Thank you!!! (Also I will try next time on my relic phone to see if I can read it.)
GCP12
AG
No problem. Wapo seems to be hit or miss for me on what is blocked by pay wall and what isn't. Same with WSJ. I do seem to have more luck on mobile, though
drcrinum

https://www.scribd.com/document/371101285/TEXTS-Mark-Warner-texted-with-Russian-oligarch-lobbyist-in-effort-to-contact-Christopher-Steele

All the text messages between Warner & the Russian lobbyist. It's a hell of a lot more than you would think. I'll post the first 3 pages. Lots of stuff here, at least 20 pages.

Edit: You see why this has been kept quiet -- Page 2...Repubs on this committee are Deep State IMO.
Just an Ag
AG
GCP12 said:

Rubio to the rescue!

Little Marco with a very damaging self inflicted wound. Really Marco?
Rapier108
Just an Ag said:

GCP12 said:

Rubio to the rescue!

Little Marco with a very damaging self inflicted wound. Really Marco?
Problem is he's safe until 2022.
ballchain
dreyOO
Go ahead and resign fellas. Get your affairs in order so you can prepare for the legal defense.
Fat Black Swan
AG
kag00
AG
4stringAg said:

Quote:

I believe all Americans should be alarmed and united in the search for the truth about Russian interference in our democracy, and whether Trump and his campaign had any part in it.
I think at this point I'm convinced that the search for truth about Russian interference in our democracy begins and ends with the Clinton campaign and the Obama DOJ/State Dept. That's where the collusion lies. Winer's last little sentence of the article wondering about whether Trump or his campaign had any part to play in Russian interference is bull**** and the American people have been 1000% misled by Dems and their henchmen in the media.

THIS. There is only one thing that possibly could be sketchy about Trump amd Russia and is was the Don Jr meeting at Trump tower. You can debate the morality of it but absolutely nothing came of it. What other connections are there? None that I have heard and especially none that warrant an investigation.
bmks270
AG
The gang of 8 is how you know our country is f'd and truth will never see the light of day. All but Nunes are swamp monsters. Pelosi, McConnell, Schimer, Schiff, and Ryan are on the gang of 8. None of them would put the country or the truth before politics.
bmks270
AG
This stuff should be front page of every paper across the nation.

Documented extensive communications between Russians and other politicians working with Clinton's research firm Fusion GPS... then getting FISA on Page... what do you do when the ones that need to be under FISA surveillance are the ones that control the process? This is dictator regime behavior. They tried to basically setup a single ruling party but maintain the appearance of free elections. If Clinton and all these criminals had won the election what do they do in 2020 or 2024 to keep their power? They are running a Dictatorship type operation with their own propaganda news carriers to cover for them.
drcrinum
Ellis Wyatt said:

So nothing but spin to deflect. He's lying. Sticking to the script, which only blind partisans would believe. (Winer)
He is obviously being deceitful regarding one issue. Did you notice there is zero mention of Fusion GPS, Simpson & cohorts? Winer met with Steele in Washington, DC in September 2016...strange that during the same visitation, Steele met with Isikoff and who was present: Simpson of Fusion GPS. I mean like who paid for Steele to come to DC to brief journalists in September 2016 -- Fusion GPS. So I think Winer was acquainted with Simpson. I know that Winer, Simpson & Fusion GPS employees attended the same conference in April 2017.
It's listed in the thread below on Winer:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/960539058656153600.html
FrontPorchAg
So what do you do when no one cares?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
ccaggie05
AG
I don't usually go for conspiracies and tend to avoid getting into the weeds on topics like this, but my God there is a ton of smoke here.

I mean, the majority of the smoke for the Trump campaign collusion issue was the dossier and the intel community just saying "Russia meddled in our election". I think it's safe to say that the dossier has been confirmed to be nothing but a big pile of partisan garbage and there is evidence elements of the intel community were working hard to keep Trump from being elected. Even things that have looked bad for Trump, like the Trump Jr meeting, are being tied to Fusion GPS now, the outfit behind the dossier.

To make matters even worse, we now know that Rep. Schiff and Sen. Warner both attempted to work with Russians to obtain dirt on Trump. How exactly is that ANY different than what Trump has been accused of this whole time? If there were texts or audio of Republicans trying to work with Russians to get dirt on Hillary, the MSM would be going nuts about Russia collusion.

Of course, all we hear are crickets from the MSM and liberal areas of the internet, other than mocking about how the Republicans are coming up with conspiracy theories. I've ventured to a couple liberal discussion boards and either they are ignoring all of this, or just saying this is just proof that Mueller is close to dropping the hammer on Trump and this is the GOP's way of trying to deflect.

This whole things just feels, disgusting. I mean look, I don't like Trump and I didn't support him in the election. With that said, I'm sure as hell NOT ok with elements of our government attempting to subvert the will of the American people, and manufacturer a conspiracy branding the guy as a traitor in the process. It's ****ing disgusting.

The sad thing is, a big reason why I don't think the MSM has been talking about this is because most of them probably don't disagree with happened. To them, the prospect of Trump not being President is a big enough positive to justify whatever it takes to keep him out of office.
AgFan2015
I'm just waiting for the announcement that O was sharing the Presidential Daily Intel brief w the Clinton campaign.....
benchmark
AG
ccaggie05 said:

.... we now know that Rep. Schiff and Sen. Warner both attempted to work with Russians to obtain dirt on Trump. How exactly is that ANY different than what Trump has been accused of this whole time? If there were texts or audio of Republicans trying to work with Russians to get dirt on Hillary, the MSM would be going nuts about Russia collusion.
This.

On one hand, we have Trump - accused of Russian collusion without any evidence.

On the other hand, we have numerous Democrats and their paid proxies - proven to have colluded (or conspired to collude) with Russians. Not to mention, HRC's reckless disregard for nation security protocols and likely hacked by Russians.

Mind boggling.
Houston Lee
AG
This

Prosperdick
AG

Is it just me or do Swalwell and Warner kinda look alike? Maybe it's the same disingenuous smile or the smarmy look they always have plastered on their mug. I think when you live in the swamp long enough you start to take on those features...like evolution (in reverse).
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.