Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,443,789 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

This is something to stick in your back pocket. If Nunes sends a letter to FISC or SCOTUS spelling out FISA warrant abuse, and the latter is the 'key' to prosecuting the plotters at FBI/DOJ & a maybe a sitting President, then it raises the possibility that the entire regular court process could be placed in jeopardy -- because appeals could not go to SCOTUS (SCOTUS owns the FISC). Hence military tribunals might be the only alternative. I don't know if this could be a serious issue or not. Perhaps Aggiehawg could comment on this.
Getting a bit too far over their skis. Not seeing how the military tribunals would come into play here. Lots of jurisdictional problems for one thing.

As far as SCOTUS "owning" the FISA courts, they also "own" the Circuit Courts of Appeal in terms of supervisory powers. Doesn't affect their ability to swat them down on a regular basis.

The question becomes if the DOJ is so crippled that it can't discharge its prosecutorial duties. The reason for the whole Special Counsel process in the first place.

I'm not seeing that large a scale of Article III crisis, yet. If Congress sees one on the horizon, they have the power to fix it.

One caveat: Would be prudent to beef up the security around the Supremes, however.
AgFan2015

Quote:

he added. "Nobody gets treated differently when it comes to the Justice Department because nobody is above the law."

Wonder if this will be the last thought that goes through his mind right before they hang his treasonous ass?
drcrinum

Thanks.
SeMgCo87
AG
scottimus said:

I wonder how long the Donald and Congress have known. Little doubt they have been sitting on this for at least 6 months would be my guess.
Recall that Nunes started making noise early on because of documents reviewed in the SCIF. He recused himself, about April 6, on ethics charges, and he stepped aside as chair of the HIC. That prevented him from pushing the investigation, but HEC released him and he took control again, about Dec.

I think Gowdy helped write the "Memo" with Nunes' staff during last summer, so it was ready when he stepped back in.

I think the info and droppings have been there since January, 2017, odiferous data and rabbit holes before that.

Someone has known about it long before that, because Adm. Rogers made his moves in April, 2016. He just didn't have anyone to tell his story, because he knew everyone around him was dirty.

This is a lot longer of a story than just the "memo" issued 2 Fridays ago.

"You are being watched..."
whatthehey78
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

whatthehey78 said:

Olegraysock said:

Page wrote to Strzok on Sept. 2, 2016

Quote:

Quote:
"potus wants to know everything we're doing."
In context FoxNews claims this was when they were putting together talking points for Comey reportedly if I'm remembering right what was reported this morning.

You guys all realize the 1st FISA Title-1 Warrant on Carter Page was issued on October 21 2016

Papadopulos? There wasn't even a FISA Warrant - not even a Title-7 - issued on him....was there?

So what or who precisely WAS Obama being briefed on?

Not sure what all this really means but just thinking outload

What Obongo wanted at that timeframe was an update on HRC's email investigation.
Obama didn't talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. He said so.
So, you're saying Obongo was telling the truth then? As an example..."You can keep your doctor" among others.
SeMgCo87
AG
Quote:

One caveat: Would be prudent to beef up the security around the Supremes, however.
Just 5 of 'em. That'll cut back on costs, at least.

aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Thanks.
No problem. There was a lot pearl clutching during Watergate too. John Mitchell was Attorney General and involved up to his eyeballs. Then the Saturday Night Massacre, a few Supreme Court decisions later, the courts weathered the crisis.

Follow the law and our system works. It might stumble a bit but eventually rights itself when good people come forward to steer it.
Ellis Wyatt
whatthehey78 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

whatthehey78 said:

Olegraysock said:

Quote:

Quote:
In context FoxNews claims this was when they were putting together talking points for Comey reportedly if I'm remembering right what was reported this morning.

You guys all realize the 1st FISA Title-1 Warrant on Carter Page was issued on October 21 2016

Papadopulos? There wasn't even a FISA Warrant - not even a Title-7 - issued on him....was there?

What Obongo wanted at that timeframe was an update on HRC's email investigation.
Obama didn't talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. He said so.
So, you're saying Obongo was telling the truth then? As an example..."You can keep your doctor" among others.
Bruh.
drcrinum

ScottH_01
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Olegraysock said:

Quote:

Quote:

You mean the email investigation that Comey shut down 2 months earlier?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Dems so unhinged they can't take a joke

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Just an Ag
AG
jjeffers1 said:

The way all of this is coming out - drip, drip, drip - is absolutely burying the media and it's credibility. They're literally flailing at the pinata of empty excuses wildly, while the crowd at the party slowly leaves. When they eventually lift up the blindfold to see who's left watching them, all that will be left are the drunks and the tattered pieces of the empty pinata.
They have to come up with an excuse for each drip, which is shortly discredited, and then an excuse for the next drip which is also discredited, by the time the drips end they will be out of excuses and credibility.
SpreadsheetAg
AG

Tucker trolling Schiff:

Schiff talking to Russian pranksters trying to get intel. Then later tries to set up meeting with Ukrainian official to transfer documents:
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
drcrinum

Olegraysock
whatthehey78 said:

Olegraysock said:

Quote:

Quote:

Comey had already cleared her in his July 2016 press conference
Temporarily Code 5 again! Damn you Roscoe

FbgTxAg
AG
drcrinum said:

Should have said

New FBI texts are OBAMBSHELLS!
VaultingChemist
AG
Olegraysock said:

FYI for the younger ones: "All the President's Men" was a 1976 movie (based on the book of the same name) about Watergate starring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman as Woodward and Bernstein.

Page will be the new "Deep Throat", just not in the way she may have thought.
SeMgCo87
AG
Just an Ag said:

jjeffers1 said:

The way all of this is coming out - drip, drip, drip - is absolutely burying the media and it's credibility. They're literally flailing at the pinata of empty excuses wildly, while the crowd at the party slowly leaves. When they eventually lift up the blindfold to see who's left watching them, all that will be left are the drunks and the tattered pieces of the empty pinata.
They have to come up with an excuse for each drip, which is shortly discredited, and then an excuse for the next drip which is also discredited, by the time the drips end they will be out of excuses and credibility.
There is so much yet to come, I bet they run out of excuses before the last drips fall.

Olegraysock

FbgTxAg
AG
Olegraysock said:

Wait...what?
Tailgate88
AG
Olegraysock said:

"Midyear Exam" was the code word they used for the Hillary Email Server investigation. The attachment to this email...perhaps the exoneration written months in advance of actually interviewing her?
Bird Poo
AG
jjeffers1 said:

Olegraysock said:

Wait...what?

If this relates to feeding Trump intelligence to Obama, then it sure as shlt looks like they knew exactly how sensitive their operation was. Need more context as to what "mid year exam" means. For some reason I think I saw that term in another thread.
aggiehawg
AG
Was just coming here to post the same thing.

Holy hell! They were discussing a press conference before the Clinton/Lynch tango on the tarmac!! That is definitely outside of the normal protocol wherein the AG delivers the press release comments while the FBI Director stands in the background.

Makes it sound like Comey was staging a quiet coup against Lynch. (Which in the overall scheme of things wasn't a bad idea.)
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If this relates to feeding Trump intelligence to Obama, then it sure as shlt looks like they knew exactly how sensitive their operation was. Need more context as to what "mid year exam" means. For some reason I think I saw that term in another thread.
Mid year exam was the name for the Hillary investigation.
BenFiasco14
AG
drcrinum said:

This is something to stick in your back pocket. If Nunes sends a letter to FISC or SCOTUS spelling out FISA warrant abuse, and the latter is the 'key' to prosecuting the plotters at FBI/DOJ & a maybe a sitting President, then it raises the possibility that the entire regular court process could be placed in jeopardy -- because appeals could not go to SCOTUS (SCOTUS owns the FISC). Hence military tribunals might be the only alternative. I don't know if this could be a serious issue or not. Perhaps Aggiehawg could comment on this.

I've never heard of something like that. Why can't appeals go to SCOTUS? My understanding is that the FISC operates like a typical federal district court.
Olegraysock
aggiehawg said:

Was just coming here to post the same thing.

Holy hell! They were discussing a press conference before the Clinton/Lynch tango on the tarmac!! That is definitely outside of the normal protocol wherein the AG delivers the press release comments while the FBI Director stands in the background.

Makes it sound like Comey was staging a quiet coup against Lynch. (Which in the overall scheme of things wasn't a bad idea.)
Had the tango not been discovered by a ground crew member, Lynch would have given that PC you can count on it

Pardon my disguise ma'am

SeMgCo87
AG
Some of this stuff is so astounding.

I swear, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby could not come up with a better storyline in S.H.I.E.L.D vs Hydra in the 70`s.

I ran out of popcorn, gotta go to HEB...

Olegraysock
All the text message are here for download, haven't hosted them yet

http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/appendix-c_-documents

aggiehawg
AG
Aaahh. Hello! Guess I missed some things going on last night?

Olegraysock
Here is an interim report released today on "The Clinton Email Scandal And The FBI's Investigation Of It,"

http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/majority-staff-report-the-clinton-email-scandal-and-the-fbis-investigation-of-it

Olegraysock
Tagged for 3 days being accused of spamming the forum with documents

aggiehawg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

drcrinum said:

I've never heard of something like that. Why can't appeals go to SCOTUS? My understanding is that the FISC operates like a typical federal district court.
I think where the confusion lies is if DOJ can proceed against FISC judges. Which of course they can, individually. And it isn't up to the SCOTUS to correct the flaws in the FISA statute anyway.

Much ado about very little, IMHO.
backintexas2013
AG
Olegraysock said:

Seriously? Good lord that's stupid. Mods have lost it.
VaultingChemist
AG
Olegraysock said:

Here is an interim report released today on "The Clinton Email Scandal And The FBI's Investigation Of It,"

http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/majority-staff-report-the-clinton-email-scandal-and-the-fbis-investigation-of-it

Read pages 11 and 12......
aggiehawg
AG
Olegraysock said:

Did anyone else catch the ban hammer? Because there was someone else doing the same. You weren't having a conversation with yourself, after all.
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.