Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,087 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
TRIDENT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, Monday then for #ReleaseTheMemo?
GCP12
AG
CNN currently has Jake Sullivan on talking about how to handle classified information. You can't parody this ****
GCP12
AG
Reports are tomorrow. But, yesterday it was coming out today. So, take it FWIW
FriscoKid
AG
GCP12 said:

CNN currently has Jake Sullivan on talking about how to handle classified information. You can't parody this ****

Did he cover bathroom servers yet?
aggiehawg
AG
FriscoKid said:

GCP12 said:

Did he cover bathroom servers yet?
I spit my scotch out! Thanks, I guess.
BillYeoman
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Comey is officially hiding in a sweat den in the desert tripping on peyote.

Yeah but there won't be a "Comey Avenue" anytime soon either, sweetheart. Might be a "Comey Cell" though.

Now go away. When we want to hear from you again, you'll get the subpoena.

McCarthyism was about rooting out the Reds among us based on innuendo (real or unreal.). Amazing how certain leaders (current and former) are too blind to see their own version of this practice in play.
RoscoePColtrane
So Gates' Lawyer requested off the case suggesting there won't be a trial.

Mueller Postponed Flynn Sentencing

Papadopoulos has been radio silent

Hmmm what's left?
bmks270
AG
Rep on Fox suggests that the FISA court judges were purposely mislead by the agencies.

Says everything in the memo is verifiable fact.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Hmmm what's left?
Manafort's civil case against Mueller's jurisdiction. (Subject to a Rule 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss) and then filing the same in the criminal court to attack the indictment.

Now, IF the Nunes Memo raises doubts about the legal basis for Mueller's Special Counsel appointment, that's an "if", then Manafort's arguments are bolstered considerably.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Hmmm what's left?
Manafort's civil case against Mueller's jurisdiction. (Subject to a Rule 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss) and then filing the same in the criminal court to attack the indictment.

Now, IF the Nunes Memo raises doubts about the legal basis for Mueller's Special Counsel appointment, that's an "if", then Manafort's arguments are bolstered considerably.
I knew damn good and well they'd never do after the FARA violations because they'd have to lock up everyone on K Street

If they can't pin the money laundering on them, Manafort will likely be in decent shape.

Gut tells me Mueller is looking for an out somewhere before he gets hit by friendly fire. He just has to get out without turning the torch bearing left against him. If he just pulls up stakes and calls it a day they will freak out. Nobody is going to fire him and risk an obstruction cry.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Gut tells me Mueller is looking for an out somewhere before he gets hit by friendly fire. He just has to get out without turning the torch bearing left against him. If he just pulls up stakes and calls it a day they will freak out. Nobody is going to fire him and risk an obstruction cry.
Mueller knows he won't be fired for political optics, alone. He might get a new boss if Rosenstein is that badly compromised, however.

The real question is at what point does Mueller accept that his bestie Comey is a deluded black hat and protecting him is not in Mueller's best interests?
oysterbayAG
AG
What about Flynn ? Seems to me that his guilty plea should be voided !
Latigo
I think Mueller is more worried about Uranium 1 than he is about his investigation. I don't think he has a way out.
drcrinum
https://stonecoldtruth.com/muller-rosenstein-and-comey-the-three-amigos-from-the-deep-state/

Quote:

Mueller, Rosenstein, and Comey: The Three Amigos from the Deep State

There is a longtime and incestuous relationship between the fixers who have been tasked with taking down President Trump, under the fake narrative of enforcing the law. James Comey worked in the DOJ directly under Mueller until 2005. Rod Rosenstein and Mueller go even further back.

James Comey wasn't just some associate of Mueller back then, but rather his protg. Under the George W. Bush presidency, when Comey was serving as Deputy Attorney General under John Ashcroft, Robert Mueller was Comey's go-to guy when he needed help. The two men, as it came to light years later, conspired to disobey potential White House orders to leave Ashcroft alone when he was incapacitated in March of 2004. These two men, when together, will not obey orders if they think they know better. Being filled with hubris and almost two decades of doing just about anything they want, they always think they know better.

Rod Rosenstein, current Deputy Attorney General under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, is also a member of the Mueller Gang, having worked directly under Robert Mueller at the Department of Justice as far back as 1990. When Comey was still working as the Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division for the U.S. Attorney's office in New York, Mueller and Rosenstein were becoming thick as thieves.

We look back at Rod's loyal work for Hillary Clinton, when he became a clean-up man for the Clinton Administration as an Associate Independent Counsel from 1995 until 1997. He supervised the investigation that found no basis for criminal prosecution of White House officials who had obtained classified FBI background reports. He did a great job covering for the Team Bill Clinton, including covering for Hillary, as she was one of the people who had access to the reports, and may have even requested them. Convenient for the Clintons, no indictments were filed....

There are more details in the article, including the background on Rosenstein's wife, Lisa Barsoomian, & how she compliments the trio as: The Three Amigos + Amiga. The author: Roger Stone.

VaultingChemist
AG
At this point, Stone can't be any more biased than the vast majority of the MSM, particularly CNN.
aggiehawg
AG
oysterbayAG said:

What about Flynn ? Seems to me that his guilty plea should be voided !
We aren't quite at that point...yet. But you raise an interesting question. What is the DOJ attorney who filed the charges against Flynn thinking about now??

Knowingly filing charges that are fruit of the poisonous tree impaired could be a disbarrable offense, grand jury or no grand jury.. Doing so unknowingly means turning on the people who fed them bad info and using that as a defense to disbarment.

Neither is a fun spot to be in for a lawyer.
policywonk98
AG
Since this is a Solomon piece I assume that Republicans are talking about the case being made in the memo and trying to get out in front of it with their media friends.

Based on this piece alone it seems to me that the overall info in the memo is what we already know. The most important aspect of the memo is the source material and the names attached to that source material. Getting that material redacted has been the all out push today from the FBI and Democrats.

If the only part of the memo that gets released is what Solomon mentions, I think it does become a dud. Am I wrong?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371929-gop-case-fbi-probe-based-on-tainted-evidence-linked-to-clinton

drcrinum
More on the Senate Memo:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371929-gop-case-fbi-probe-based-on-tainted-evidence-linked-to-clinton

Quote:

...Another document -- an eight-page criminal referral filed with the Justice Department by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) -- is also part of the GOP case.

While the FBI has been protesting the release of the Nunes memo, it has been working behind the scenes to vet a version of the Grassley-Graham memo, which is expected to be released in redacted form soon. The FBI is also seeking redactions to the Nunes memo, though it is not clear the White House or congressional Republicans will agree to them.

Republicans believe both documents will back up arguments that evidence used to justify the FBI's probe came from partisans loyal to Clinton, sources said. They are also expected to play into arguments from some Republicans that special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russia is based on false information....
Edit: Sorry Policywonk98, you beat me by a minute.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If the only part of the memo that gets released is what Solomon mentions, I think it does become a dud. Am I wrong?
Wrong? No. But not right either. The state of the federal judiciary is very sad with the smaller number of judges actually following the law.

Only surpassed by the FBI, DOJ, CIA never thought they would be called on the carpet for actively interfering in an election. AND THEY FAILED!

Let me repeat that. THEY FAILED!

On what planet does that happen? Our FBI, DOJ, CIA are that incompetent??

Hell, the CIA alone used to be able to carry out coups all by themselves. I'm mad but also embarrassed too.
oysterbayAG
AG
With all this damaging stuff coming out in the Memos and IG Report etc. is the FBI & DOJ also worrying about prior convictions being overturned, effect on current cases ( Manafort & Flynn ) and being sued in civil court ( Carter Page ) ? This could end up being a Holy Mess !
RoscoePColtrane
Jordan just said it specifically shows what the FBI told the FISA court to spy on Carter Page and what they didn't tell the FISA Court, on top of the fact it details that this dossier was used to get the warrant to begin with, much less mislead the court in doing so.
oysterbayAG
AG
Robert Mueller was FBI Director from 2001 to 2013. Do you think Mueller is concerned that the Congress will investigate the FBI during that time to see if these shenanigans and criminality occurred during his watch ? Maybe this stuff did not just start with Comey.
aggiehawg
AG
oysterbayAG said:

With all this damaging stuff coming out in the Memos and IG Report etc. is the FBI & DOJ also worrying about prior convictions being overturned, effect on current cases ( Manafort & Flynn ) and being sued in civil court ( Carter Page ) ? This could end up being a Holy Mess !
Not to worry about Joe Blow Bank Robber being testified against by Strzok, Comey or McCabe. Well below their purview.

Manafort, Flynn and Page? Different matter all together.

We'll see.
Reservoir Dog
aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

They must think we are idiots who can't figure out who they are anyway. Pretty flimsy fig leaf, if you ask me.

Could the mentioning of names jeopardize any ongoing FBI investigations of those mentioned I the memo?
if the memo gets released with names redacted the answer is very much yes.
I am going to disagree here. This is the first time the FBI and DOJ have said anything about redacting names. If prosecutions were in the works, they would have been jumping up and down about redactions for the last several weeks. Before every member of the House who wanted could read it unredacted. Horse is out of the barn by now.

My spidey senses are saying just the opposite, the fix is in. There will be no consequences.
Yup. I hate to have to change my mind on Wray so quickly, but this looks bad.
Very, very disappointed in both Wray and Sessions.

Maybe behind the scenes they are both saying... Let's burn this **** down... but publicly saying, we are against the release of the memo... so it looks like they are protecting their agencies.

I suggest the reports of Christopher Wray resigning if the memo is released and him saying.... nope, I'm not leaving... is an example of the disinformation being presented.
benchmark
AG
Reservoir Dog said:

Maybe behind the scenes they are both saying... Let's burn this **** down... but publicly saying, we are against the release of the memo... so it looks like they are protecting their agencies.
Hope so ... all the other explanations suck.
4stringAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Hmmm what's left?

I knew damn good and well they'd never do after the FARA violations because they'd have to lock up everyone on K Street

If they can't pin the money laundering on them, Manafort will likely be in decent shape.

Part of me has been thinking at some point, he'll pull a stunt similar to when James Comey testified to Congress on Hillary the first time and "exonerate" Trump from any collusion but caveat that with that there were some reckless or suspicious conversations between Trump associates and Russians but not rising to the level of collusion. He gives each side a bone and walks away. And the Left continues to believe Trump/Russia while the Trump side celebrates their exoneration.
RoscoePColtrane
4stringAg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Hmmm what's left?

Part of me has been thinking at some point, he'll pull a stunt similar to when James Comey testified to Congress on Hillary the first time and "exonerate" Trump from any collusion but caveat that with that there were some reckless or suspicious conversations between Trump associates and Russians but not rising to the level of collusion. He gives each side a bone and walks away. And the Left continues to believe Trump/Russia while the Trump side celebrates their exoneration.
And don't let the fact that if it were to the level of collusion, IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW
Rockdoc
AG
Ed Henry on Fox just said the memo may not be what it's been hyped up to be according to some members.
4stringAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

4stringAg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Hmmm what's left?

And don't let the fact that if it were to the level of collusion, IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW
Exactly!
4stringAg
AG
Rockdoc said:

Ed Henry on Fox just said the memo may not be what it's been hyped up to be according to some members.
he also said there are 3 or 4 other things in there that haven't leaked yet..
Rockdoc
AG
4stringAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Right. Any ideas on those?
4stringAg
AG
Rockdoc said:

4stringAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Right. Any ideas on those?
Have no idea. That some of this was told to the POTUS via his PDB? Crinum or Roscoe may have better guesses..
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Mueller can't prosecute Trump but he can write a report that throws enough shade to try to get him impeached. And that is the goal. Try to impeach.
Larry S Ross
AG
4stringAg said:

Rockdoc said:

Who were the some members?
WestAustinAg
AG
Rockdoc said:

R's are legitimately worried that the media hype around the memo will make it impossible to live up to its billing. They are quietly trying to lower expectations. Always best expectations. Never let them beat you.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.