Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,115 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
BillYeoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Rosenstein not in the memo?

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

More likely this "noise" is being fed by someone sympathetic to Mueller?? Just spit-balling, here.
in terms of the "information" being fed, keep in mind that with a lot of the media, you've got a purveyor that is willing to purvey.

Think about it like this: word is that telling the public the reality of what happened is so catastrophically damaging to the DNC/Obama/HRC/potentially the media itself that they're willing to run any factoid from any source as gospel.
aggiehawg
AG
BillYeoman said:

Not mutually exclusive. Rosenstein could be named in the memo but not be "impugned" in Ryan's view.
Rapier108
BillYeoman said:

Ryan trying to back track and protect the swamp.

I was waiting for him to sell out.
BillYeoman
As others mentioned I think this memo addresses actors in the Obama admin. That is why the Dems are freaking out.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Not necessarily. May just be trying to play it cool to keep media pressure lower.
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

aggiehawg said:

More likely this "noise" is being fed by someone sympathetic to Mueller?? Just spit-balling, here.
in terms of the "information" being fed, keep in mind that with a lot of the media, you've got a purveyor that is willing to purvey.

Think about it like this: word is that telling the public the reality of what happened is so catastrophically damaging to the DNC/Obama/HRC/potentially the media itself that they're willing to run any factoid from any source as gospel.
Yeah but Sara Carter and even Catherine Herridge have usually had solid sources. Seems to me some of their sources are going sideways on them.

Things are just a cluster right now. Too confusing even to veterans in the intelligence news biz.
drcrinum
Secolobo said:

aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

What purpose does Sessions serve if he can't run most of his own cabinet department?
Kind of my concern here too. Sessions is largely an absentee boss at this point.
Maybe with no in charge the NSA can continue to collect info with all the indians infighting? Could his recusal and all the drama been intentional?

Interesting thought.
Meh_
BillYeoman said:

As others mentioned I think this memo addresses actors in the Obama admin. That is why the Dems are freaking out.
Why is Wray, who was appointed by Trump, freaking out? That's what I want to know.
aggiehawg
AG
Meh_ said:

BillYeoman said:

Why is Wray, who was appointed by Trump, freaking out? That's what I want to know.
Yesterday, it seemed Wray was locked in a closet somewhere while the Bureau turned. Now he's all over the news again today but nary a peep. Don't they have some spokespeople at the FBI who can get to Wray and tell him there's a s***storm happening??
4stringAg
AG
BillYeoman said:

Maybe. But they are worried that it will be used to destroy the Mueller investigation which they see as key to curtailing Trumps agenda at minimum and possible impeachment at maximum.

The Dems have little to no power and their current most direct path back to it is that the Mueller investigation finds Trump complicit in some impeachable offense OR that it simply continues long enough for them to use it to help win the midterms.
RyanAg08
AG
It wont impugn the investigation. It will impugn the reason for the investigation.
AgFan2015
Quote:

That being said, being that the POTUS has seen it, why hasn't RR been fired at a minimum? Puzzling

Trump team knew he is dirty. Kept him around to rat out the others. Don't think for a minute that he was free to run amok.

Everyone needs to remember this is truly a battle for the future of the Republic. (Not hyperbole) This isn't merely a political fight. The Generals that have Trump's back are the best in the world at fighting, it's not all about tanks, planes and battleships.
drcrinum

Seems like this is a working list of players suspected to be in the secret society. One name not on the list I find interesting: Bruce Ohr.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
RyanAg08
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

GCP12
AG
Bird93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Meh_ said:

BillYeoman said:

Yesterday, it seemed Wray was locked in a closet somewhere while the Bureau turned. Now he's all over the news again today but nary a peep. Don't they have some spokespeople at the FBI who can get to Wray and tell him there's a s***storm happening??
I'm not sure Wray is freaking out. If I were him, I'd pledge my support to POTUS behind the scenes; and with his permission, release a public statement that appears to be in support of protecting my agents. It would provide the optics needed for me to maintain credibility with the Bureau in the aftermath of the scandal. Not saying that's what he's doing, but his flip-flop otherwise seems very odd.
scottimus
AG
We can only hope.

The question is: Who recommend Wray? If it was RamRodRosenstien, then I think we know why.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
Bird93
AG
Very true, but that's something POTUS would obviously know. In which case, he likely doesn't care about Wray's requests.

This is going to make a very good movie someday.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I'm not sure Wray is freaking out. If I were him, I'd pledge my support to POTUS behind the scenes; and with his permission, release a public statement that appears to be in support of protecting my agents. It would provide the optics needed for me to maintain credibility with the Bureau in the aftermath of the scandal. Not saying that's what he's doing, but his flip-flop otherwise seems very odd.
I remember Comey saying the FBI was not in the correcting-false-media-reports business. To which my response would be, "Why not?" The leaks that were in question at the time were being attributed in part to the FBI. And he showed precisely zero interest in finding out who was doing the leaking. As it turns out we now know Comey was one of the leakers himself. Along with Page/Strzok.

That's an agency running amok. And it is still running amok. Tighten the ship in the communications department. If it doesn't come from them, it most likely false and tell reporters to publish at their peril. They will be cut off and so will their employers. STOP THE MADNESS!
FriscoKid
AG
Meh_
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I remember Comey saying the FBI was not in the correcting-false-media-reports business. To which my response would be, "Why not?" The leaks that were in question at the time were being attributed in part to the FBI. And he showed precisely zero interest in finding out who was doing the leaking. As it turns out we now know Comey was one of the leakers himself. Along with Page/Strzok.

That's an agency running amok. And it is still running amok. Tighten the ship in the communications department. If it doesn't come from them, it most likely false and tell reporters to publish at their peril. They will be cut off and so will their employers. STOP THE MADNESS!
Gates said everyone in Washington leaks.
https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-january-28-2018-n841756
Quote:

CHUCK TODD:When you hear the words "deep state," is there -- does it exist? I mean, there is this sense that there is this cabal of bureaucrats that have been there forever. Unelected people. I guess you're right, I mean, people would say you've been unelected so you must be the, the chief.

ROBERT GATES:So I, as the director and deputy director of C.I.A., let's just say I was exposed to more than a few conspiracy theories over the years.

CHUCK TODD:Right.

ROBERT GATES:And the one reason I always told people, "Conspiracies would never -- could never succeed in Washington," is because everybody in this town leaks. I mean, the idea that you could have some kind of a cabal to organize or control the government in some way and have it not leak or somebody go sell the story to a magazine or to a book publisher it just doesn't comport with reality.
techno-ag
AG
Meh_ said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Gates said everyone in Washington leaks.
https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-january-28-2018-n841756
Quote:

CHUCK TODD:When you hear the words "deep state," is there -- does it exist? I mean, there is this sense that there is this cabal of bureaucrats that have been there forever. Unelected people. I guess you're right, I mean, people would say you've been unelected so you must be the, the chief.

ROBERT GATES:So I, as the director and deputy director of C.I.A., let's just say I was exposed to more than a few conspiracy theories over the years.

CHUCK TODD:Right.

ROBERT GATES:And the one reason I always told people, "Conspiracies would never -- could never succeed in Washington," is because everybody in this town leaks. I mean, the idea that you could have some kind of a cabal to organize or control the government in some way and have it not leak or somebody go sell the story to a magazine or to a book publisher it just doesn't comport with reality.

What if everyone in Washington leaks in an effort to take down a duly elected President because they don't like him?
drcrinum

I agree, except that I think Trump & his Team are orchestrating the script, while the Dems & MSM are chasing the mechanical rabbit around the track.
GCP12
AG
TexAgs91
AG
BillYeoman said:

Ha! I knew Hollywood had close ties to Obama
Fight! Fight! Fight!
FTAG 2000
AG
GCP12 said:

So, CNN is once again #fakenews
RoscoePColtrane
AG 2000' said:

GCP12 said:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
AG 2000' said:

GCP12 said:

Yep. It never made sense.

Wray will object publicly (to save face with his career line workers), but in private, I am sure he wants any excuse he can have to clean out the cancer.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
AgShaun00
AG
people haven't learned they know who the moles are and are leaking things to on purpose to expose them and the media.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Wray will object publicly (to save face with his career line workers), but in private, I am sure he wants any excuse he can have to clean out the cancer.
Then get the scalpels out and starting cutting out the cancer. This dragging of feet is not working.
bmks270
AG
AgShaun00 said:

people haven't learned they know who the moles are and are leaking things to on purpose to expose them and the media.

You think by the third time the info they leaked to a reporter gets refuted hours or days later that they would realize they aren't in the know.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Then get the scalpels out and starting cutting out the cancer. This dragging of feet is not working.
Scalpels? He's going to need 100 chainsaws to get it all.

This isn't isolated to DC from my understanding. Even the remote sites were politicized.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
If Trump gets this memo out, survives the Russia investigation, and gets the underlying documentation for Nunes-Memo released...

...he may go down (in my lowly opinion) as the best president in 153 years.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.