Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,448,006 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by nortex97
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The FBI wouldn't have "lost" the texts if they didn't contain damning info...
backintexas2013
AG
It's looking like McCane is deep into all this. No wonder why he is retiring.
aggiehawg
AG
backintexas2013 said:

It's looking like McCane is deep into all this. No wonder why he is retiring.
McCabe??
RoscoePColtrane
Andy McCabe is in up to his eyeballs
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
backintexas2013
AG
Yes. Damn phone and big fingers.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Andy McCabe is in up to his eyeballs
He needs to be disbarred if nothing else. Letting him get a six figure job as a lawyer in the private sector would be a travesty. Fits right in at the Clinton Foundation, though.
bkag9824
AG
Anybody care to relink the texts so I don't have to go back several pages looking?
backintexas2013
AG
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-25%20CEG%20Letter%20to%20FBI%20Source%20Texts.pdf?platform=hootsuite
TAMU1990
AG
backintexas2013 said:

So I wonder if the slow release of the texts are on purpose. We seem to learn something every time there is another release.
Assange provided the roadmap for this
drcrinum

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/25/hillary-clinton-emails-patrick-fitzgerald-fbi-special-prosecutor-370489

Quote:

...Messages from October 28, 2016 show that Page was engaged in a protracted phone conversation with reporter Devlin Barrett, then with the Wall Street Journal. The discussion took place a few days after Barrett published a story reporting that the wife of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe received nearly half a million dollars in campaign donations from a committee linked to then-Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D-Va.) and two days before Barrett reported that there was an "internal feud" at the FBI over efforts to investigate the Clinton Foundation.

Page was on the phone with Barrett just as news broke that the FBI had found State Department emails on a laptop it seized while investigating former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) for sexting with minors.

"Still on with devlin," Page wrote. "Mike's phone is ON FIRE," she added, apparently referring to FBI public affairs chief Michael Kortan.

"You may want to tell Devlin he should turn on CNN, there's news going on," Strzok replied.

"He knows. He just got handed a note," Page said.

"Ha. He asking about it now?" Strzok asked.

"Yeah. It was pretty funny," Page wrote.

The text messages don't indicate what information, if any, Page provided to Barrett or whether her discussions with the reporter were authorized by FBI management.

Barrett, who now works for the Washington Post, declined to comment...

Interesting elaboration with background info on a series of text messages between S & P. Smells like a well-oiled leak contact to me.
RoscoePColtrane

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
backintexas2013
AG
The one exchange nobody is taking about is the one from 02-25-16. The term "best" agents and that is meant by that. Would love to ask him what he means by all that.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-25%20CEG%20Letter%20to%20FBI%20Source%20Texts.pdf?platform=hootsuite
oneeyedag
Respect 2 you.
IDAGG
AG
TelcoAg said:

You got me. I'm wrong. Print that video and I'll eat it.

My bad
You get 100 internetting points for admitting you were wrong. Someone admitting they were wrong happens about once every Haley's Comet appearance on this forum.
CrazyDayDuck
Don't feel bad. Outside of Hannity, and a few other conservative outlets, this is largely not being reported . And when it is, the media ridicules it as being either: 1) InfoWars nonsense or 2) Russian trolling.

Even I admit that if I had heard this ten years ago or so, I would have dismissed it as conspiracy nonsense as well. However, there was just too much weirdness going on in the last year of Obama's administration (Lynch and Clinton meeting on a tarmac. Comey suddenly reopening a FBI investigation into Clinton, but then quickly closing it. Seriously, WTF?).

Likewise, one thing I have noticed over the years is that bureaucrats do two things: 1) Build a bureaucratic empire and 2) Defend that bureaucratic empire. This goes for all levels of government. From city halls to D.C.

There was no way in hell that the D.C. establishment was going to go quietly into the night and allow a loudmouth Populist like Trump to come in and knock over their apple cart. He makes a mockery of their life's work.

This goes beyond Republican versus Democrat. This gets into the Ruling Class versus the People. And the Ruling Class looks at people like you and me (and everyone else on this board) as being inherently inferior to them, and hence why they feel the need to rule over us.

backintexas2013
AG
With that text coming in late after the first round of texts released yesterday I can't wait to see what texts pop up today.

I didn't think the FBI could look any worse but damn if Pete the Cheat isn't making a case for it to be worse than imagined.
(removed:110205)
Wendy 1990 said:

backintexas2013 said:

So I wonder if the slow release of the texts are on purpose. We seem to learn something every time there is another release.
It's the old "how do you eat an elephant?....one bite at a time". That's why I'm not worried about "everything" (such as the Nunes memo) being released at once. The slow release has many benefits, including perps responding/acting in ways that may contradict a later release.
backintexas2013
AG
Holy ***** In light of new texts this makes the article in this tweet awesome.

IDAGG
AG
That is freakin awesome. Now, given that, exactly how believable is that article? Especially the part about the mention of the other phone not really being about another phone? I suppose it could be correct, but one would have to think the "sources" Page and Strozk were CYAing.
backintexas2013
AG
I think they absolutely were covering their ass.

Also it shows how complicit the media really is. Page was driving the narrative that emails found on Weiners computer weren't anything new. Maybe it's true but we don't know for sure because of they haven't been released.
backintexas2013
AG
TexAgs91
AG
Wendy 1990 said:

backintexas2013 said:

The slow leak only gets the general public numb to it.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
akm91
AG
Between Fusion GPS and S&P texts, it looks like MSM will finally be called to carpet for the shenanigan's (paid mouthpieces for dems) they've been pulling for decades.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
akm91
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Wendy 1990 said:

backintexas2013 said:

That's a risk but it will take a while for public to be numb. It'll also make them more skeptical going forward (hopefully). It also may be a better alternative to having the public choke on it.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
benchmark
AG
backintexas2013 said:

The one exchange nobody is taking about is the one from 02-25-16. The term "best" agents and that is meant by that. Would love to ask him what he means by all that.
Interesting. Best agents = best agents that will provide desired outcome.
backintexas2013
AG
benchmark said:

backintexas2013 said:

Interesting. Best agents = best agents that will provide desired outcome.

That is how I read it too.
drcrinum
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/370717-as-walls-close-in-on-fbi-the-bureau-lashes-out-at-its-antagonists

Quote:

As walls close in on FBI, the bureau lashes out at its antagonists

What happens when federal agencies accused of possible wrongdoing also control the alleged evidence against them? What happens when they're the ones in charge of who inside their agencies or connected to them ultimately gets investigated and possibly charged?...

This week, the FBI said it was unfair for the House Intelligence Committee not to provide its memo outlining alleged FBI abuses. The committee wrote the summary memo after reviewing classified government documents in the Trump-Russia probe.

The FBI's complaint carries a note of irony considering that the agency has notoriously stonewalled Congress. Even when finally agreeing to provide requested documents, the Department of Justice uses the documents' classified nature to severely restrict who can see them even among members of Congress who possess the appropriate security clearance....

Democrats and many in the media are taking the side of the intelligence community, calling the Republican efforts partisan. House Democrats are said to be writing a counter-memo....

Meantime, the Department of Justice has officially warned the House Intelligence Committee not to release its memo. It's like the possible defendant in a criminal trial threatening prosecutors for having the audacity to reveal alleged evidence to the judge and jury.

This is the first time I can recall open government groups and many reporters joining in the argument to keep the information secret. They are strangely uncurious about alleged improprieties with implications of the worst kind: Stasi-like tactics used against Americans. "Don't be irresponsible and reveal sources and methods," they plead....

Interesting article by Sharyl Attkisson.

Ellis Wyatt
And to add to that, we know from the texts that the FBI has already withheld legally requested information without letting congress know. (Not that it hasn't been obvious)
Bald Messiah
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Wendy 1990 said:

backintexas2013 said:

Not trying to be confrontational, but are you numb yet? The amount of information and the level of corruption makes a slow leak necessary. Add in the fact that most people have very short attention spans and the need for a deliberate release is critical to ensuring the message isn't lost.
FriscoKid
AG
It's like the priest abuse scandals. The state wants to hide the crimes and handle it internally.
Tailgate88
AG
FriscoKid said:

It's like the priest abuse scandals. The state wants to hide the crimes and handle it internally.
Not happening. The horse has left the barn.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Here's the entire show

25:59
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
BenFiasco14
AG
backintexas2013 said:

They seem so wonderful. Cheating on their spouses all whilst going about their hunky dory days, bending over for their lib overlords
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/956897453613006848.html

This is a must read, but read the introductory article by Sharyl Attkisson first (the one posted above) for proper background. The implications are staggering. Here is the closing line:

Quote:

Zero's and Combover's FBI have utterly destroyed American justice, and not just by letting Cankles walk or Lerner skate. Those are big crimes. But in terms of process and procedure their evil has screwed every aspect of justice for almost a decade now.

(Zero = Obama, Combover = Comey, Cankles = HRC.)
backintexas2013
AG
Somebody pointed out yesterday that the picture of Page from yesterday looked like she hasn't slept in days. I am sure she hasn't. She knows there are way more of these coming out. The one about keeping some stuff from Congress is a real bad look.
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.