Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,449,104 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by nortex97
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OneNightW said:

Paladin05 said:

Wendy 1990 said:

Just heard on Fox News that the Secret Society met in secret locations...

Ron Johnson dropped that tidbit. I hope they had a sign in list. :-)
You can tell who they are because they wear rings on their left hands.

Underrated post. They also have stickers on their door.
I wear my ring on my left hand and drink Big Red...
SeMgCo87
AG
aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

Secolobo said:

So Comey's private attorney leaked them to the the press...wow. How doe's that work legal friends?
Eventually, it won't work too well for the attorney. He's already given a statement to the feds about his handling of the memos. He's already a witness against the interests of his client.

Ethically, very bad pookie.
Allow me to expand on this further. There would be little reason for a law professor at Colombia to have security clearance. We know that four out of the seven Comey "memos" contained classified information and that Comey had given four memos to Richman. Deductive reasoning leads one to conclude that Richman was given at a minimum one such memo that contained classified information. Richman is now a party to a federal crime. (And moreover, should have known that being a law professor and all.)

THEN, at the request of Comey, Richman disseminates one or more of the memos to the press. That's another federal crime.

We don't know what Richman did or didn't say to the feds when he supposedly turned over all copies of the Comey memos to them shortly after Comey's bombshell testimony naming his him and describing his role in at least two or more federal crimes. Could be a few more federal crimes in those exchanges.

IMHO. Richman is just as much in need of good criminal counsel as Comey is. When your lawyer needs a lawyer to counsel him while he's counseling you on the same matters, that is never a good situation.

In a related matter, since he is a witness and co-conpsirator, he should be barred from being in any interrogations and/or court proceedings wherein testimony is presented under the "rule" barring witnesses from hearing and thus tainting their subsequent testimony. Also, if Richman is on a witness list by the prosecution he will be automatically barred from the courtroom during testimony.

Bottom line, does this hurt Comey?? Not one bit. Could it be disastrous for Richman's career? Definitely.

With "friends" like Comey..........
Could he be "dis-barred" as well?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Paladin05
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

OneNightW said:

Paladin05 said:

Wendy 1990 said:

Just heard on Fox News that the Secret Society met in secret locations...

Ron Johnson dropped that tidbit. I hope they had a sign in list. :-)
You can tell who they are because they wear rings on their left hands.

Underrated post. They also have stickers on their door.
I wear my ring on my left hand and drink Big Red...
Spreadsheet updated.
Rockdoc
AG
Sounds to me like they may not have the cards to win the hand.
GCP12
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

Dana Boente, the U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia who is acting head of the Justice Department's national security division, has been selected to be the FBI's next general counsel, according to three people familiar with the matter. He replaces James Baker, who was reassigned late last year.

Boente is a veteran federal prosecutor who has led multiple U.S. attorneys offices around the country and has risen to prominence in a variety of acting roles in the Trump administration. When President Trump fired Acting Attorney General Sally Yates over her refusal to defend his travel ban, Boente took over and said he would defend the measure.

When Jeff Sessions was sworn in to the job, Boente became the deputy attorney general, and after that, the head of the national security division.

Boente's move to the FBI is notable because some might view him as a Trump loyalist who has shown himself willing to go along with the president's controversial agenda. Because he is a political appointee, he will have to clear some hurdles before taking a career position. Boente, though, is a respected law enforcement figure who has not been overtly political. He was appointed as a U.S. attorney under President Obama.
fasthorse05
Question: How, or what, do these knuckleheads on the SC get paid?

Just a curiosity. Like an earlier post, and between walking the dog, and dinner, I can't keep up. I just thought about the question above. Is it kind of like shift differential, or is it just a super salary because it's an SC?
CrazyDayDuck
Rapier108 said:

Looks like Mueller is trying to get ahead of the memo by demanding an interview with Trump to ask him about firing Flynn and Comey.

Of course, that is nothing more than attempting to set a process crime trap.

Of course it is. It's all these deranged lunatics have now.

There never was any collusion. Now everyone knows there is no obstruction of justice as well.

Mueller's reputation is getting torpedoed with this witch hunt.

This is what happens when a person is consumed with Trump Derangement Syndrome and lives in an echo chamber with a looney tune like Comey.

At least Big Rob has us to pull him back to reality.
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

Question: How, or what, do these knuckleheads on the SC get paid?

Just a curiosity. Like an earlier post, and between walking the dog, and dinner, I can't keep up. I just thought about the question above. Is it kind of like shift differential, or is it just a super salary because it's an SC?
At this point, only Rosenstein has budgetary control. Mueller submits a budget to him for approval every 90 days, IIRC. (And I usually do recall correctly.)
CrazyDayDuck
And Rosenstein only control the purse strings on account that Sessions allowed himself to get intimidated by Stuart Smalley.
TAMU1990
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Rapier108 said:

Looks like Mueller is trying to get ahead of the memo by demanding an interview with Trump to ask him about firing Flynn and Comey.

Of course, that is nothing more than attempting to set a process crime trap.

There never was any collusion. Now everyone knows there is no obstruction of justice as well.

This is what happens when a person is consumed with Trump Derangement Syndrome and lives in an echo chamber with a looney tune like Comey.

At least Big Rob has us to pull him back to reality.
We know now that Mueller is a bad guy. They need to get his texts and emails to check him out.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Could he be "dis-barred" as well?
Likely he de-activates his license with an agreement to never re-activate instead going through disbarment proceedings.

He's a professor. He doesn't have an active legal practice on the side from what I can tell. And even if he has an "of counsel" relationship with a firm, they might ask he agree to terminate it...or they will.

Just not worth it to a legit law firm to have to pay increased malpractice insurance because of Richman.
Just an Ag
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

True. Mueller needs to realize he is being sucked down the drain with this fiasco of an investigation. He needs bow out gracefully. But he maybe in too deep.
RoscoePColtrane
I expect Solomon will be digging deep into this revelation

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Oh damn now it's McCarthyism. What an Ass Clown

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

True. Mueller needs to realize he is being sucked down the drain with this fiasco of an investigation. He needs bow out gracefully. But he maybe in too deep.
Bird Poo
AG
Well, they ARE commies.
VaultingChemist
AG
Just an Ag said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

I would think that Trump's interview is the last one to complete their investigation unless Trump messes up. It may be just a formality or one last opportunity to justify their whole reason for continuing this charade for this long.
Rapier108
Saw this earlier, but I can't speak to veracity of this site so I'll just post it without any comment and let the more informed people dissect it.

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I would think that Trump's interview is the last one to complete their investigation unless Trump messes up. It may be just a formality or one last opportunity to justify their whole reason for continuing this charade for this long.
More likely a bluff. Yes, Bill Clinton was compelled to tesify in the Paula Jones case but that was a civil suit. (Bill still committed perjury but that isn't relevant to this situation.)

Mueller's probe is criminal, not civil. He would need to show a judge why he needs Trump's oral testimony, i.e. that an underling on the Trump campaign or during the transition has somehow implicated him on something.

That having been said, most plausible avenue to me are the Comey allegations of obstruction in the Flynn matter. A he said/he said situation since they were alone. Even then, Mueller would need to convince a federal judge which facts could support even bringing obstruction of justice charges against a sitting President when the investigation continued and Flynn pled guilty. High hurdle.

Of course the state of the current federal judiciary is so bad, the Supreme Court has agreed to take unusual measures to short circuit both the 9th and 4th circuit Courts of Appeal on the travel ban case. When a majority of the Supreme Court has lost faith in the competency of the federal judiciary, it's that bad.
GCP12
AG
Tweet from last night
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

As Big League Politics reported: real estate mogul Timothy Blixseth claims that he saw records from CIA and NSA whistleblower Dennis Montgomery proving that Clapper and Obama CIA director John Brennan oversaw repeated spying on the phone calls of President Donald Trump and millions of other private American citizens, including Supreme Court Justice John Roberts. Fired former FBI director James Comey received evidence from the whistleblower's lawyer but sat on it.
Hasn't that guy been discredited? Or am I confusing him with someone else??
Rapier108
Not a clue, that's why I was asking. I prefer to avoid fake news, no matter how good it may sound.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
GCP12
AG

aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

Not a clue, that's why I was asking. I prefer to avoid fake news, no matter how good it may sound.
For some reason, that name is associated with Jerome Corsi in my mind. Not the most reliable. Could be a different guy that I'm thinking off. Saw the name and my alarm bells went off.
RoscoePColtrane
They are just sling crap against the wall now hoping something sticks

Code 7 10-42
akm91
AG
He sued Comey and others for not taking action on abuse of gov't spying on Americans.

Quote:

A former U.S. intelligence contractor tells Circa he walked away with more than 600 million classified documents on 47 hard drives from the National Security Agency and the CIA, a haul potentially larger than Edward Snowden's now infamous breach.

And now he is suing former FBI Director James Comey and other government figures, alleging the bureau has covered up evidence he provided them showing widespread spying on Americans that violated civil liberties.

Dennis Montgomery lawsuit
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
backintexas2013
AG
Wonder why this article is coming out now instead of when this supposedly happened.
GCP12
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

What does this prove other than trump is petty and thin skinned? I don't even get what the big deal is
ElKabong
Senator Johnson on Brett Bairs show talks of informant.

aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. Knew I recognized the name but couldn't remember the particulars. Hard to judge the merits of that case but it seems improbable. Very improbable.

Then again.....who knows?
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

What does this prove other than trump is petty and thin skinned? I don't even get what the big deal is
I'll tell you what that means. It means McCabe likely committed perjury in sworn testimony before the Senate when he testified that President Trump had never exerted any pressure on him. No loyalty oath type crap.
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.