Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,495,974 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ohr can be investigated by the IG. Just the National Security arm of DoJ that Sally Yates declared off-limits.
GCP12
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

But my spidey senses are telling me this is Mueller related. He's blocking it.
My hunch .... (1) they need more time to review the IG's voluminous dump last Fri and (2) they want to wait for the hopefully soon-to-be-released IG's report to better craft their line of questions. The point being that Ohr is a DOJ employee and therefore can not be investigated directly by the IG
The hell you say.... care to explain?

The IG is currently investigating the FBI which is a part of the DOJ.
Yeah, I don't think that's right. There is a certain group in the DOJ who were exempt from IG investigations. Do not think Ohr was a part of it.

ETA: hawg was quicker and more detailed. Not that that shocks anyone
benchmark
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

The IG is barred from investing DOJ attorneys ... IG can only investigate the law enforcement departments like FBI, ICE, ATF etc.
RoscoePColtrane
benchmark said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

The IG is barred from investing DOJ attorneys ... IG can only investigate the law enforcement departments like FBI, ICE, ATF etc.
I have news for you Ohr is already being investigated by the IG

And you are incorrect on the lawyers. Hawg explained it before, only the National Security Arm and that was under Yates. Yates is gone, no longer in effect.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
benchmark
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I have news for you Ohr is already being investigated by the IG

And you are incorrect on the lawyers. Hawg explained it before, only the National Security Arm and that was under Yates. Yates is gone, no longer in effect.
Not sure on the exact technicalities but the IG can not investigate allegations of misconduct that "relate to the exercise of the authority of an attorney to investigate litigate, or provide legal advice," These are referred to the DOJ OPR (Sessions). Maybe Ohr falls outside of this definition.
Just an Ag
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

But my spidey senses are telling me this is Mueller related. He's blocking it.
My hunch .... (1) they need more time to review the IG's voluminous dump last Fri and (2) they want to wait for the hopefully soon-to-be-released IG's report to better craft their line of questions. The point being that Ohr is a DOJ employee and therefore can not be investigated directly by the IG
It's my understanding the IG has the power of investigation, but cannot bring charges or prosecute. Sally Yates prevented IG investigation of certain DOJ departments while she was in her position, but that restriction no longer applies.
Just an Ag
AG
GCP12 said:

<DOH> Anyone else besides me in need of a "professional?"
benchmark
AG
Just an Ag said:

It's my understanding the IG has the power of investigation, but cannot bring charges or prosecute. Sally Yates prevented IG investigation of certain DOJ departments while she was in her position, but that restriction no longer applies.
Correct. The IG can not prosecute and the IG can not investigate the DOJ NSD.
Prosperdick
AG
This story will likely serve as a good barometer going forward on how excited we should be on future news.
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

Just an Ag said:

Correct. The IG can not prosecute and the IG can not investigate the DOJ NSD.
Then where in the hell did the 1.2 million DOJ documents come from?

You are mistaken.
DeWrecking Crew
Did we know that Mueller donated $8400 to the Clinton Foundation?

Synopsis
There thread that won't end.
GCP12
AG
Just an Ag said:

GCP12 said:

<DOH> Anyone else besides me in need of a "professional?"
They usually have pretty good stories. Problem is most people just disregard them because of the source.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Then where in the hell did the 1.2 million DOJ documents come from?

You are mistaken.
If I'm not mistaken the 2016 IG Empowerment Act finally allowed the IG access to all those mentioned docs. This was a big deal during the Obama admin when Horowitz was investigating Fast and Furious. Obama and Holder fought the IG tooth and nail for document access.

On the other subject of IG responsibilities .... per Horowitz's testimony before the House Judiciary Committee March 21, 2017 ....

Quote:
While we have jurisdiction to review alleged misconduct by Department law enforcement agents, we do not have the same jurisdiction over alleged misconduct committed by Department attorneys when they act in their capacity as lawyers.

These types of misconduct allegations against Department lawyers, including those that may be made against the most senior Department lawyers (including those in leadership positions) are handled differently than misconduct allegations made against law enforcement agents or other Department employees.

The OIG has long questioned this distinction between the treatment of misconduct by attorneys acting in their legal capacity and misconduct by other Department employees, and such a system cannot help but have a detrimental effect on the public's confidence in the Department's ability to review misconduct by its own attorneys.
Unquote.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

While we have jurisdiction to review alleged misconduct by Department law enforcement agents, we do not have the same jurisdiction over alleged misconduct committed by Department attorneys when they act in their capacity as lawyers.

These types of misconduct allegations against Department lawyers, including those that may be made against the most senior Department lawyers (including those in leadership positions) are handled differently than misconduct allegations made against law enforcement agents or other Department employees.
You are misinterpreting that to mean the IG cannot even investigate evidence of criminal wrongdoing by DOJ attorneys. "Alleged misconduct when they act in their capacity as lawyers," refers to discretionary decisions, not out right criminal conduct.

Sure the IG has no prosecutorial authority, it is still a referral to DOJ to prosecute on their own or name a Special Counsel. And FTR, such a referral from OIG would easily pass the threshhold requirements for appointing a SC, namely the probable belief that a crime was actually committed. Something that is definitely missing in the Mueller appointment.
RoscoePColtrane
I love it when people contradict themselves and never even know it.....
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/953443117390168064.html

A very short thread by Imperator Rex -- he believes that Sally Yates sent out a specific email requesting that Bruce Ohr remain quiet regarding the Session investigation. Click on the thread and you will understand why.
Confirms my thoughts about canaries.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

You are misinterpreting that to mean the IG cannot even investigate evidence of criminal wrongdoing by DOJ attorneys. "Alleged misconduct when they act in their capacity as lawyers," refers to discretionary decisions, not out right criminal conduct.
No, I get it. Passing the criminal vs procedural litmus needed to investigate a senior DOJ attorney (like Ohr) would've been impossible under Holder or Lynch. Hopefully, not so under Sessions.
Just an Ag
AG
The Black Hats Sue for Peace (per the author)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/953450998030204929.html
fasthorse05
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/953443117390168064.html

A very short thread by Imperator Rex -- he believes that Sally Yates sent out a specific email requesting that Bruce Ohr remain quiet regarding the Session investigation. Click on the thread and you will understand why.
Confirms my thoughts about canaries.

I'm pretty good on human nature, behavior, and actions, but not on cryptic messages. There's too many QAnon stuff out there on every major story out there.

However, it sounds good to me, I just don't put much stock in it yet. For those skilled in pre-trial, and trial proceedings, it may be fairly normal (yes, I'd suck as a spy). I can't imagine these folks being watche regularly. If there was just 2-3 people, maybe, but there are about 12-15 people involved here, so that would be about 3 people per person (8 hours each), for a total of roughly 45 people.

But, I'm fairly ignorant of these things.
GCP12
AG
Just an Ag said:

I've said this before, but good lord this **** is entertaining.
reb,
AG
Just an Ag said:

That was physically pleasurable to read.

Fantastic.

LOL at Trump calling truce...as if he'd deny his party a powerful advantage over the dems. No prevent defense here, step on their neck and throw downfield!
aggiehawg
AG

Good heavens!
drcrinum
Just an Ag said:

It can't be suing for peace because the basic premise by Shane in that video is a lie: that the mistake about Michael Cohen was a deliberate Russian attempt at disinformation. It's a cover-up story for their illegal activity; we knew this was coming. The source had nothing to do with Russia intel, rather it was a mistake made from an illegal 702 query.

There was a Michael Cohen visiting Prague at the indicated time from a different country who had the same birth year but different birth date:
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-intelligence-community-believes-it-was-a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/
Quote:

Tapper seemingly confirmed Cohen's story. "People tried to run that down and concluded it was a different Michael Cohen. It was a Michael Cohen with a passport from another country, same birth year, different birth date," he said.

The wrong Michael Cohen at the right time is too much of a coincidence for a disinformation campaign. It was a human mistake based upon too little information (via an illegal 702 query). Plus a visit to the Czech Republic was something that could easily be confirmed/denied by checking Cohen's passport records.

Shane is just following the anticipated cover-up scheme: the smartest women in the world and her henchmen plus the alphabetic agencies were misled/tricked by the evil (but smarter) Russians. It won't fly.

GCP12
AG
I don't think the quoted thread necessarily disagrees with you. The suggestion is that it's more of an offering to the white hats.

"Trump/Sessions, let's just tell people we got duped and let bygones be bygones... Please?"
Just an Ag
AG
I think the implication is that "Russian Trickery" is the cover story both sides will go along with (not gonna happen!) and in return Mueller goes away and also Trump/Sessions does not pursue the cabal corruption any further. We all know the cover story won't fly. Public outrage won't allow it. But, if Blacks are maneuvering for a deal then the tide has definitely turned in favor of the Whites.. (GCP12 above beat me to it!)
Garrelli 5000
AG
In line w/the NYT planting the "Maybe the dossier was a Russian plant" therefore it fooled these persons into treasonous activities - I've recently wondered how this could play out where most of what this thread is saying is true, but nothing happens.

What does the swamp do?

Does the swamp guarantee Trump a complicit media and Trump re-election to let the swamp creatures off the hook? They'll play dead until his predecessor's election cycle? The media slowly changes it's tune re: Trump, the Clinton's and Obama's are done or at least not heard from for 7 more years other than required former POTUS gatherings, etc.

If these things are true, then striking that deal would make Trump complicit in the shenanigans, so hopefully it wouldn't happen.

Edit: looks like there were a few similar thoughts expressed at the same time. Great (or delusional) minds think alike.
GCP12
AG
Quote:

Edit: looks like there were a few similar thoughts expressed at the same time. Great (or delusional) minds think alike.
lol totally agreed. I take solace in the fact that the bolded is possible because at least I will have enjoyed the last two years of great entertainment while Trump has also installed some great policy in reality.
reb,
AG
GCP12 said:

Quote:

lol totally agreed. I take solace in the fact that the bolded is possible because at least I will have enjoyed the last two years of great entertainment while Trump has also installed some great policy in reality.

Bingo. This is a full-fledged hobby for me.
Garrelli 5000
drcrinum
Since I discovered Twitter I've become an addict.
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

No, I get it. Passing the criminal vs procedural litmus needed to investigate a senior DOJ attorney (like Ohr) would've been impossible under Holder or Lynch. Hopefully, not so under Sessions.
Because Holder and Lynch were worse criminals than even John Mitchell. Think about that for a second.
ccatag
AG
I may have missed it but not much has been said about the head of the NSD, Asst. Attorney General John P Carlin leaving his job. Only that he left and around the time that Rodgers was discovering and acting against the 'about searches'.

Any thoughts on this guy? Or information? Or hypotheses?
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Because Holder and Lynch were worse criminals than even John Mitchell. Think about that for a second.
So true ... but let's wait and see if any DOJ attorneys are outed (including Ohr) in Horowitz's report. Hopefully I'm wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

So true ... but let's wait and see if any DOJ attorneys are outed (including Ohr) in Horowitz's report. Hopefully I'm wrong.
IG's report will tell that story. We'll see.
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.