Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,496,252 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobcat06 said:

GCP12 said:

The current theory is that Nellie Ohr actually wrote it and they just used Steele to give it legitimacy and cover for the doj
Isn't Nellie Ohr fluent in Russian?
Absolutely she's fluent.

Steele was a cut out they were using to add false veracity to the document and he pushed it into McCain's right hand guy Kramer, knowing full well McCain would run to the FBI to try and get back at Trump. Little did the canary know was the FBI is where it all started. Nellie Ohr was FGPS's insider in the FBI, because she had clearance still from her prior contract work with the CIA. Also just happens her Husband was on the little taskforce with Strzok and company.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Bobcat06 said:

GCP12 said:

The current theory is that Nellie Ohr actually wrote it and they just used Steele to give it legitimacy and cover for the doj
Yes. Glenn Simpson said he never knew what Veselnitskaya was saying because he didn't speak Russian and she didn't speak English. Yet, she generally used a translator and he had one on his payroll, whose husband was demoted for meeting with Simpson....aaaannnnddd maybe Veselnitskaya??
Prosperdick
AG
When Judge Nap made references to GCHQ as the means of surveillance last year and had his hand slapped most concluded it was because he was wrong or the Dems made such a fuss Fox had to retract his statement.

It now seems much more plausible that Sessions or someone on Trump's team told him to zip it and advised Fox to stop spilling the beans as it was way too early and could jeopardize their ongoing investigation.
RoscoePColtrane
FriscoKid said:

This still doesn't make sense. If the documents are on her server then she would have access to it remotely. Why would she need a hard copy?

The server was already unsecure and the documents were on it to be printed.
She had a SCIF in her DC house in Whitehaven. In that SCIF was a Secure PC, a Printer, and a Secure Facsimile.

SCIF data is only available in a SCIF unless it's physically taken out of the SCIF.

Lower level classification data is on day to day secure systems. Huma was regularly forwarding daily state department, classified, sensitive, and non classified to her clintonmail-dot-com address then it was distributed from there.

It was reported that Hillary didn't even have a dot-gov email account. Everything either went to Huma's dot-gov account or as we found out through Wikileaks and Judicial Watch dozens of people were sending things directly from their dot-gov accounts to the Hillary server addresses. Potentially every one of those people have violated the law in doing so.

Then there are the numerous pseudonym gmail accounts that everyone from Barry on down were using. They were emailing Chelsea on her pseudonym account on Hillary's server. There is so much they could go after on emails alone it could tie up the courts for years.
Code 7 10-42
cbr
AG
That is a LOT of people that HAVE to be executed for treason, or we don't have a country at all.
Bobcat06
AG
aggiehawg said:

Bobcat06 said:

GCP12 said:

Yes. Glenn Simpson said he never knew what Veselnitskaya was saying because he didn't speak Russian and she didn't speak English. Yet, she generally used a translator and he had one on his payroll, whose husband was demoted for meeting with Simpson....aaaannnnddd maybe Veselnitskaya??
My point was if the Steele dossier contained chronic misspellings of basic Russian words, then it wouldn't have been written by someone fluent in Russian, either Steele himself or Nellie Ohr (or even Veselnitskaya).

Is there anyone at Fusion GPS who doesn't speak Russian? Did Simpson actually write the dossier?
aggiehawg
AG
Bobcat06 said:

aggiehawg said:

Bobcat06 said:

GCP12 said:

My point was if the Steele dossier contained chronic misspellings of basic Russian words, then it wouldn't have been written by someone fluent in Russian, either Steele himself or Nellie Ohr (or even Veselnitskaya).

Is there anyone at Fusion GPS who doesn't speak Russian? Did Simpson actually write the dossier?

Simpson swears he doesn't speak nor read Russian.
Ellis Wyatt
Bobcat06 said:

aggiehawg said:

Bobcat06 said:

GCP12 said:

My point was if the Steele dossier contained chronic misspellings of basic Russian words, then it wouldn't have been written by someone fluent in Russian
I know plenty of people who are fluent in English who can't write for *****
VaultingChemist
AG
cbr said:

That is a LOT of people that HAVE to be executed for treason, or we don't have a country at all.
A good start.....
FriscoKid
AG
So she had a legal and secure SCIF in her house? Her e-mail server was a different entity?

No way to forward a message from the secure network (SCIF) without printing a hard copy?
RoscoePColtrane
FriscoKid said:

1. So she had a legal and secure SCIF in her house? Her e-mail server was a different entity?

2. No way to forward a message from the secure network (SCIF) without printing a hard copy?

1. Yes, the SCIF was in her Whitehaven house, the server was in her bathroom linen closet in Chappaqua

2. No, you can only forward it to another SCIF, no way to get it off the network electronically. It would have to be physically removed via hard copy. SCIF PC's have no hard drive direct access, say via USB drive, Floppy Disc, CD etc. No electronic devices are allowed in a SCIF if protocols are being followed. Of course from Huma's interview with the FBI we know that the maid was accessing the SCIF in Whitehaven regularly, so protocols were out the door with Hillary.
Code 7 10-42
Ag with kids
AG
FriscoKid said:

So she had a legal and secure SCIF in her house? Her e-mail server was a different entity?

No way to forward a message from the secure network (SCIF) without printing a hard copy?

I'm going to guess there wasn't a SCIF in her house.

And yeah, you're not going to "forward" a message from a SCIF...
RoscoePColtrane
Ag with kids said:

FriscoKid said:

According to the FBI she had a SCIF in her Whitehaven residence.

Trump has one in Mar Lago, Trump Tower, and His Club in NJ.

There's been one at Camp David for years
Code 7 10-42
Ag with kids
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Ag with kids said:

FriscoKid said:

Interesting...

Still can't "forward" anything from it, though. At least not to anything non-SCIF level...
Ag with kids
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Ag with kids said:

FriscoKid said:

Trump has one in Mar Lago, Trump Tower, and His Club in NJ.

There's been one at Camp David for years
The ones for the POTUS don't surprise me. The POTUS has need to know on everything.

But, I suppose maybe the SoS might have one too.

But, the SCIF definition means you can't just send something out to a non secure network...
Ag with kids
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

FriscoKid said:

1. So she had a legal and secure SCIF in her house? Her e-mail server was a different entity?

2. No way to forward a message from the secure network (SCIF) without printing a hard copy?

1. Yes, the SCIF was in her Whitehaven house, the server was in her bathroom linen closet in Chappaqua

2. No, you can only forward it to another SCIF, no way to get it off the network electronically. It would have to be physically removed via hard copy. SCIF PC's have no hard drive direct access, say via USB drive, Floppy Disc, CD etc. No electronic devices are allowed in a SCIF if protocols are being followed. Of course from Huma's interview with the FBI we know that the maid was accessing the SCIF in Whitehaven regularly, so protocols were out the door with Hillary.
Back in the early 90s, I wanted to bring my HP-41 into just a Secret lab. I was told I was allowed to bring it in. But, once I did, it wasn't allowed to ever leave the lab.

I decided to leave it at home. So my 2 year old son poured coke on it and fried it.

/csb
RoscoePColtrane
Politico did a pretty nice write up on her set up and email habits

Looks like she may have had one in Chappaqua as well

Quote:

State Department IT and security teams were busy installing secure rooms in her two homes for reading and receiving material and conducting telephone conversations. Each house had its own SCIF. At Whitehavenher brick Georgian-style house in northwest Washingtona State Department worker removed one of the regular doors on a third-floor room of the house, replaced it with a metal door secured by a key code lock, and outfitted the room inside with secure communications. A similar room was created at Chappaqua; while she rarely used the secure room at Whitehaven preferring to just go into the office if she had work to doshe relied heavily on the one in Chappaqua when she was in New York, in part because cellphone coverage in the area was so poor that she needed the use of the SCIF's phone. (The FBI interview reports differ on who precisely had access to Clinton's home SCIFs whether it was just Clinton herself or also top aides like Abedin.)

Each secure room was also equipped with a secure fax, but while Clinton was supposed to pick up the faxes herself at home, she often struggled to use the technology and had to rely on staff for help operate the machines. As one aide described it, Clinton "wasn't very tech savvy and would get frustrated with the process."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-emails-2016-server-state-department-fbi-214307
Code 7 10-42
Cargo Shorts FTW
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

FriscoKid said:

From Comey:

"Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person's actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past."

So the SoS has to have the feds setup a SCIF in her home, yet there is no "intent" with her personal email server. There is no "intent" with the maid relaying info from the SCIF. She knew full well what proper handling of secure info meant, and she knew full well she was "intentionally" bypassing those protocols. Just another example in a laundry list of she knew full well what she was doing, yet no intent?

RoscoePColtrane
"\_(",}_/"
Code 7 10-42
reb,
AG
Let not your heart be troubled for the investigation into the email server is back open, at least
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/953131523179515904.html

This is an interesting thread that explains what happened to Nunes and how he worked to establish corrective law reforms so that the abuses of 702 Queries by the Obama Admin would never happen again.
drcrinum

reb,
AG
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/953131523179515904.html

This is an interesting thread that explains what happened to Nunes and how he worked to establish corrective law reforms so that the abuses of 702 Queries by the Obama Admin would never happen again.

Nunes wrote a dummies guide to the bill? That is outstanding, how often does that happen with legislation? I love that man. I don't have the energy to go through it now but I will be soon enough.

Last I heard Paul was still filibustering and Wyden was writing some amendments. I trust the two of them (and nunes) so we'll have to see how it all squares together.

I would like to see a public defender in the FISC, personally. The 97% rubber stamping is an atrocious abuse of power and there needs to be some devils advocacy. I'll have to look back at what other recommendations the ACLU made back around the Snowden revelations to reform the court.

Part of me just wants the NSA machine and the FISC demolished. Its too powerful, we probably don't need it, its still going to get abused no matter what, and in principle, secret courts are antithetical to a free republic. But, thats a debate for another time.
RoscoePColtrane
Very interesting that Nunes requested the FD-1023's those are strictly used for confidential informant statements. That means that there is an informant related to his FISA investigation that hasn't been mentioned in the press. That sets off a few bells in my head as to something really huge may be coming up the pike. You wouldn't normally formally document a CHS unless it held some substance. Very very interesting.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-trump-dossier-probes-now-include-possible-state-department-involvement/article/2646017

Quote:

Congressional investigations into the Trump dossier have so far been focused on the FBI and Justice Department. They still are, but now investigators are also looking into a possible Obama State Department role in the collection and dissemination of sensational and still-unverified allegations against candidate Donald Trump gathered by a former British spy working for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

In addition to having contacts in the Obama Justice Department and FBI, that former spy, Christopher Steele, was also well-connected with the Obama State Department. A book published in November by a correspondent at the Guardian, "Collusion: Secret meetings, dirty money, and how Russia helped Donald Trump win," noted that Steele's 2010 work on the World Cup soccer corruption investigation won him the trust not only of the FBI, but the State Department as well. From author Luke Harding:

"The [soccer] episode burnished Steele's reputation inside the U.S. intelligence community and the FBI. Here was a pro, a well-connected Brit, who understood Russian espionage and its subterranean tricks. Steele was regarded as credible. Between 2014 and 2016, Steele authored more than a hundred reports on Russia and Ukraine. These were written for a private client but shared widely within the State Department and sent up to Secretary of State John Kerry and to Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, who was in charge of the U.S. response to the Ukraine crisis. Many of Steele's secret sources were the same sources who would supply information on Trump. One former State Department envoy during the Obama administration said he read dozens of Steele's reports on Russia. The envoy said that on Russia, Steele was "as good as the CIA or anyone." Steele's professional reputation inside U.S. agencies would prove important the next time he discovered alarming material, and lit the fuse again."

That fuse, of course, was the Trump dossier.

It is hard for an outsider to discern clearly what is going on inside the dossier investigations on Capitol Hill. But it appears some investigators are looking beyond the 35 pages of reports done by Steele for Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm working for the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, that were published in January 2017 by BuzzFeed. They're looking into whether Steele did other reports about Trump, perhaps similar but not identical to what was in the dossier published by BuzzFeed. And they are looking into whether those reports made their way to the State Department. They're also seeking to learn what individual State Department officials did in relation to Steele, and whether there were any contacts between the State Department and the FBI or Justice Department concerning the anti-Trump material....

These 100+ reports that Steele wrote about Russia between 2014 & 2016 and which included some of the same sources for the Dossier...seems to confirm that Steele must have actually contributed to the writing of the dossier. Are we assigning too much credit to Nellie Ohr & the contractor queries? Or was it that there was never any substance discovered to suggest collusion involving Trump & associates and they really had to stretch to come up with any lines of potential contact to support the collusion scheme?

Also, Steele retired from MI6 in 2009. Where was he acquiring current info about Russia? Perhaps it was from old Russian contacts, but then again, perhaps it included old GCHQ contacts.

RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-trump-dossier-probes-now-include-possible-state-department-involvement/article/2646017

Quote:

Congressional investigations into the Trump dossier have so far been focused on the FBI and Justice Department. They still are, but now investigators are also looking into a possible Obama State Department role in the collection and dissemination of sensational and still-unverified allegations against candidate Donald Trump gathered by a former British spy working for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

In addition to having contacts in the Obama Justice Department and FBI, that former spy, Christopher Steele, was also well-connected with the Obama State Department. A book published in November by a correspondent at the Guardian, "Collusion: Secret meetings, dirty money, and how Russia helped Donald Trump win," noted that Steele's 2010 work on the World Cup soccer corruption investigation won him the trust not only of the FBI, but the State Department as well. From author Luke Harding:

"The [soccer] episode burnished Steele's reputation inside the U.S. intelligence community and the FBI. Here was a pro, a well-connected Brit, who understood Russian espionage and its subterranean tricks. Steele was regarded as credible. Between 2014 and 2016, Steele authored more than a hundred reports on Russia and Ukraine. These were written for a private client but shared widely within the State Department and sent up to Secretary of State John Kerry and to Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, who was in charge of the U.S. response to the Ukraine crisis. Many of Steele's secret sources were the same sources who would supply information on Trump. One former State Department envoy during the Obama administration said he read dozens of Steele's reports on Russia. The envoy said that on Russia, Steele was "as good as the CIA or anyone." Steele's professional reputation inside U.S. agencies would prove important the next time he discovered alarming material, and lit the fuse again."

That fuse, of course, was the Trump dossier.

It is hard for an outsider to discern clearly what is going on inside the dossier investigations on Capitol Hill. But it appears some investigators are looking beyond the 35 pages of reports done by Steele for Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm working for the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, that were published in January 2017 by BuzzFeed. They're looking into whether Steele did other reports about Trump, perhaps similar but not identical to what was in the dossier published by BuzzFeed. And they are looking into whether those reports made their way to the State Department. They're also seeking to learn what individual State Department officials did in relation to Steele, and whether there were any contacts between the State Department and the FBI or Justice Department concerning the anti-Trump material....

These 100+ reports that Steele wrote about Russia between 2014 & 2016 and which included some of the same sources for the Dossier...seems to confirm that Steele must have actually contributed to the writing of the dossier. Are we assigning too much credit to Nellie Ohr & the contractor queries? Or was it that there was never any substance discovered to suggest collusion involving Trump & associates and they really had to stretch to come up with any lines of potential contact to support the collusion scheme?

Also, Steele retired from MI6 in 2009. Where was he acquiring current info about Russia? Perhaps it was from old Russian contacts, but then again, perhaps it included old GCHQ contacts.

Or does Steele take credit for other people's work by design. That's what a cut out does, provide a front for what's going on below the surface.
Code 7 10-42
JR69
AG
aggiehawg said:

It's okay. She's a Filipino and doesn't read English. /Hillary Clinton.
I have very good Filipino friends, in the Philippines, that know more about the sh*tshow that is going on in DC than most Americans do.
Long Live Sully
AG
JR69 said:

aggiehawg said:

It's okay. She's a Filipino and doesn't read English. /Hillary Clinton.
I have very good Filipino friends, in the Philippines, that know more about the sh*tshow that is going on in DC than most Americans do.
Now we know where they got their information.
Cow Hop Ag and Bayside both say they are conservatives.
Bayside admits to being pro choice.
Bayside calls Cow Hop Ag a liberal because he's a moral man.

/ Charpie 4-13-18
fasthorse05
Here's my question for the day: when someone texts, is it stored only on the phone, or is there a server that also contains that information?

This question has to do with the "12 smashed phones", likely burner phones.

First of all, I haven't even read everything from this morning, and won't be able to until this afternoon. I think I'm going to need someone to do an audio version today so I can catch up!

Whether it was really 12 phones, I'm certain she had "extras" to conduct specific information, for specific pieces of business. Depending on the cell company, if texts are kept on a server, wouldn't that information be available?

Oh, this has been one of the most beneficial, informative, and exciting, threads here in a while. I'm grateful. I've finally reached a point where I believe many people are going down, hopefully prison, and not less than 1-2 years. I know Obama, Jarrett, Bill, and Hillary, are out of bounds for indictment, but knowing their acolytes, and true believers, will be prosecuted is nice to know.

My main goal in all of this is to stop people from doing this again, at least in my lifetime. The last ten years have been incredibly difficult, seeing probable crimes never addressed, and 50% of the country either not caring, or genuinely believing that it's acceptable because it achieves a "win" against the conservatives/Republicans.

So, yes, I frickin' love this thread!

VaultingChemist
AG
How did Nunes get his security clearance suspended from 4/6/2017 to 12/7/2017? That is 8 months. Who orchestrated that and why?

Two Democrats
fasthorse05
Oh, drcrinum, I'm certain there are a lot of bent people in State.

There actions over the last ten years strongly suggests acolytes of the Dems, and not America.

benchmark
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Or does Steele take credit for other people's work by design. That's what a cut out does, provide a front for what's going on below the surface.
By all accounts, Steele was very reliable and had an excellent reputation with everyone at all the intelligence agencies and State ... and not for partisan reasons. Hence, the 'big ugly' when they neglected to verify his Trump intel ... mostly because the politicized leadership of these departments was predisposed to believe it.
RoscoePColtrane
VaultingChemist said:

How did Nunes get his security clearance suspended from 4/6/2017 to 12/7/2017? That is 8 months. Who orchestrated that and why?
Adam Schiff filed a complaint with the Ethics Committee

They investigated and he was cleared.

If you recall when Nines first saw the alarming evidense he immediately went to the White House and briefed the POTUS. Schiff threw a fit saying he was circumvented in the process. Problem being Admiral Rogers summed both Nunes and Schiff to the Eisenhower Building SCIF to view mit together and Schiff didn't show up. He threw a fit and filed the complaint.

Here's the joke of it all. His claim was Nunes revealed Classified information to the POTUS! I'm curious to what classified material is it that he thinks that the POTUS is not cleared to see. Schiff is a hack plain and simple.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
benchmark said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

By all accounts, Steele was very reliable and had an excellent reputation with everyone at all the intelligence agencies and State ... and not for partisan reasons. Hence, the 'big ugly' when they neglected to verify his Trump intel ... mostly because the politicized leadership of these departments was predisposed to believe it.
I wouldn't say ALL accounts, just those they chose to report on.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
VaultingChemist said:

Two Democrats
Multiple left wing groups filed complaints against him, claiming he had disclosed classified info. You can read about it below. Also on this page if you read the thread about the Nunes FISA Amendment, you can read the actual letter from the Ethics Panel.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/327594-ethics-panel-announces-investigation-into-nunes
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.