Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,447,191 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me too. Having to fire a guy because of antiTrump tweets and learning that the person was pro-Hillary and was involved in the email investigation fires me up that the truth willl come out. Hopefully Mueller is at least smart enough to interview people instead of making a declaration without interviewing a witness.

So is this the second person Mueller has had to get rid of?
BenFiasco14
AG
OldFashioned said:

Donald Trump and crew are under pressure because of moronic moves they've made themselves.

If Mueller finds evidence that holds up in a court of law, we might see an impeachment and jail sentence for obstruction of justice.

Looking forward to what comes next.
In what world do you, after reading this thread, come to that conclusion?

Assuming you aren't being an obtuse troll which is probably generous of me
OldFashioned
This thread is desperately hoping that Mueller removing an aide that typed critical messages of the Trump team (last summer before it even got started) will be enough to "throw the whole investigation into doubt." That's foolish.

Trump and his team are exactly where they are because of their own actions.
dellgriffith
AG
And what are those actions? Be specific.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rockdoc
AG
OldFashioned said:

This thread is desperately hoping that Mueller removing an aide that typed critical messages of the Trump team (last summer before it even got started) will be enough to "throw the whole investigation into doubt." That's foolish.

And where is Hillary because of her own actions? Maybe we can fix that.
Long Live Sully
AG
dellgriffith said:

And what are those actions? Be specific.

We will be here awhile.... waiting that is.
OldFashioned
You can believe what you wish.

Several members of Trump's team have already pleaded guilty to them under the advice of their lawyer.
dellgriffith
AG
I asked a very simple question. I will ask again.
What specific actions has Trump done that would warrant an impeachment or prison time?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggielostinETX
AG
OldFashioned said:

You can believe what you wish.

Several members of Trump's team have already pleaded guilty to them under the advice of their lawyer.

What did they plead to that was actual illegally done as part of their official duties?
aggielostinETX
AG
Rooting out engrained Washington BS
OldFashioned
dellgriffith said:

I asked a very simple question. I will ask again.
What specific actions has Trump done that would warrant an impeachment or prison time?

Nothing, at the moment.
Ag with kids
AG
OldFashioned said:

Donald Trump and crew are under pressure because of moronic moves they've made themselves.

If Mueller finds evidence that holds up in a court of law, we might see an impeachment and jail sentence for obstruction of justice.

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle...

*I apologize for presuming genders above.
cr
OldFashioned said:

Do you understand that impeachment is a political process?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Recommend putting old fashioned in your ignore list. Poster is a troll account.
OldFashioned
That's fine
geoag58
AG
OldFashioned said:

You could not be more wrong.
We only hear about this at all because the ministry of truth, er ah fake news, er ah msm is filled with leftists and outright communists intent on destroying our way of life.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
cr
OldFashioned said:

Foolish retort, try again.

Whatever

If the House remains in R hands, and I'm fairly confident it will, Trump will never be impeached. I don't think he would even be censured.

Maybe I should take blindeys advice and ignore you.
drcrinum

drcrinum

GCP12
AG
Very interesting thread related to this.
drcrinum

Finally.
aggielostinETX
AG
Y'all remember that dumbass show "Best Week Ever"?

Pretty sure this one might be Trump's.
Rapier108
Deats said:

Y'all remember that dumbass show "Best Week Ever"?

Pretty sure this one might be Trump's.
Nah, he's going to be marched out of the White House in chains, if you believe the libs.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rockdoc
AG
Yep Thomas Ford is gonna personally perp walk him to prison. It will be his shining moment. He waiting in the bushes right now.
drcrinum

drcrinum
GCP12 said:

Here's the full original statement by the Office of the Inspector General dated Jan 12, 2017:

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf

Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2017
DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that, in response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice (Department) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in advance of the 2016 election. Cognizant of the scope of the OIG's jurisdiction under Section 8E of the Inspector General Act, the review will examine the following issues:

Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director's public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director's letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 2016, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;

Allegations that the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;

Allegations that the Department's Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;

Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information; and

Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI's release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.

The review will not substitute the OIG's judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions. Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.

Note the initiation date: January 12, 2017. Considering Trump's tweets today, he may already have this OIG report in his hands. If this report discloses what I think it may, this could go nuclear. Potentially Comey, McCabe, Kadzik...+ TNTC.

GCP12
AG
Yup. And if it does go nuclear, all the people calling out trump for calling the fbis neutrality into question will look really stupid. Hannity is tick tocking again today and claims something is coming tomorrow. Could be this. I'll be watching circa and the Hill closely tomorrow
techno-ag
AG
drcrinum said:

GCP12 said:

Here's the full original statement by the Office of the Inspector General dated Jan 12, 2017:

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf

Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2017
DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that, in response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice (Department) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in advance of the 2016 election. Cognizant of the scope of the OIG's jurisdiction under Section 8E of the Inspector General Act, the review will examine the following issues:

Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director's public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director's letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 2016, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;

Allegations that the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;

Allegations that the Department's Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;

Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information; and

Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI's release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.

The review will not substitute the OIG's judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions. Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.

Note the initiation date: January 12, 2017. Considering Trump's tweets today, he may already have this OIG report in his hands. If this report discloses what I think it may, this could go nuclear. Potentially Comey, McCabe, Kadzik...+ TNTC.

Looks like the real scandal is our top cops can't seem to make impartial investigations.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/937536769561468928

Click on the threadreader...it's about a 5 minute read. This thread covers the potential impact of what may be in the OIG Investigation outlined in my previous post. All of the crimes/scandals that may be coming to light concerning HRC & the Obama Admin. I'll just quote the author's closing remarks:

Quote:

Folks, I'm going to say it : #TheStorm IS ABOUT TO HIT. And it's unlike anything we have ever seen before. BUCKLE UP.

GCP12
AG
Was coming to post that. We'll see..
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

Was coming to post that. We'll see..
Of all the potential scenarios Rex listed, the most intriguing thing to me was his speculation that Strzok & Page may have flipped. That thought never crossed my mind...but perhaps it should have because the circumstances surrounding their removal from Mueller's Team were very odd/mysterious.
WaltonAg18
AG
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362951-trump-transition-official-in-email-russia-has-just-thrown-the-usa

Wouldn't it be humorous if emails led to the eventual downfall?
drcrinum

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/27/politics/a-top-fbi-lawyer-is-allegedly-under-an-investigation-for-leaking-classified-information-to-the-media

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: A top FBI lawyer is allegedly under an investigation for leaking classified information to the media

FBI General Counsel James A. Baker is purportedly under a Department of Justice criminal investigation for allegedly leaking classified national security information to the media, according to multiple government officials close to the probe who spoke with Circa on the condition of anonymity.

Three sources, with knowledge of the investigation, told Circa that Baker is the top suspect in an ongoing leak investigation, but Circa has not been able to confirm the details of what national security information or material was allegedly leaked.

A federal law enforcement official with knowledge of ongoing internal investigations in the bureau told Circa, "the bureau is scouring for leakers and there's been a lot of investigations."

Baker is a close confidant of former FBI Director James Comey, and recent media reports suggested he was reportedly advising the then-FBI director on legal matters following private meetings the former director had in February with President Trump in the Oval Office.

Baker was appointed to the FBI's general counsel by Comey in 2014 and has had a long and distinguished history within the intelligence community.

This may be a result of Sessions' efforts in pursuit of leakers, but I also wonder if this could have arisen from the OIG Investigation...in particular this aspect of the original investigative plan:

Quote:

Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information;
backintexas2013
AG
YoungWaltonAg18 said:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362951-trump-transition-official-in-email-russia-has-just-thrown-the-usa

What exactly does your post have to do with this thread?

Whatsboutism ruling needed.
GCP12
AG
YoungWaltonAg18 said:

100% chance the email is being taken out of context. NYT should release the full email. But, they won't. MacFarland should go the way of Trump Jr and release the email herself.

And as backintexas said, wtf does this have to do with anything?
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.